I listen to the radio sometimes, because sometimes when I'm alone at home,
I hate this silence, and we don't have cable television, we can only watch
some DVD's.

So when I listen to the radio, I get killed with
Pussycat Dolls - I don't need a man
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Snow (heyo)

Drives me nuts! I don't even dislike the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, but their
music sounds the same to me lately, every song thet make =/
'hmm the last song was a hit, lets make something 'da same'.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claha
So much crap is overplayed nowadays, I won't even TRY to come up with a list. It's annoying, however, and makes me not want to listen to whichever song it is anymore. So I stay away from the radio.
I absolutely agree.

I think Canadian radio is the worst by the way. It makes me nauseous.

sapphireaster
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 PM

[.The reason why I dont listen to the radio anymore:
overplayed
~over my head
~buttons
~smack that
~my love
I just go onto Last.fm for my radio!
.]

Sennin Malice
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Sennin Malice

Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 PM

I Write Sins, not Tragedies Is a bit over played.

Murchu Volpe
Matticus Chufoxtrain

Old 03-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Christmas Shoes - Bob Carlisle

Every. Single. Christmas. Every song, on every radio station. DDDx

Sevi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-30-2007, 03:18 AM

I don't really hear the radio too much but when I did all I heard was Evanescence and Fergie >_< It was like crazy madness I change the station and it was still there... so.. now I just turn it off... I'm scared

Henseifuu

Old 04-03-2007, 05:50 AM

I don't listen to the radio much anymore, but when I DID listen to it a lot..."Don cha (or whatever it's called)" by the Pussycat Dolls was overplayed.

Man, I hate that song.

Lehila
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Lehila

Old 07-03-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdark_secretsx
What are some of the most over played songs on the radio station you listen to?
umm.. manic street preachers - 'your love alone is not enough'. it's not like i dislike the song, i think it's okay. but i stopped listening to that certain radio station cause the song was on too often </3

and my fiance bugs me listening to 'i remember' by figurines almost 24/7 XD

`Mel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to `Mel

Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 AM

Plain White Tees // Hey There Dialia
Shop Boyz//Party Like a Rock Star
Paramore//Misery Business
Avril//Girlfriend
Good Charlotte//Dance floor anthem
Akon//Don't wanna see us together
Kanye West//"Can't Tell Me Nothing"
Rihanna//Umbrella
The Almost//Say It Sooner
Underoath//Everything they sing.
Saosin//Your Not Alone
*I know theres more but i can't thing of any more.

LessThanThree
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 PM

I don't listen to the radio. It'll reduce my indie cred ;p Lolz

but eh, anything and everything by Mika. I used to quite like the man, but you hear him EVERYWHERE, especially in town. I can't step into AT LEAST one shop who don't have him blaring outt.

D:

I don;t rly like him anymore though and i've noticed how bad his singing actually is...It's just too, I dunnp, inhumane sounding? Nowadays I just think "WHAT?NO." when I hear his voice.

Or it might just be the fact that it's overplayed getting to me.

XD

Oh and Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne and anything by Fall Out Boy.

However, although many songs/bands are being overplayed now, I doubt they will be after a year or so and the media will move onto obsess over something else.

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2007, 10:35 PM

the theme song to the disney channel movie holes. that song is so far over rated that it kind of turned me off from the movie as well.

Aeva
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 PM

I believe it was this past fall when the only song I ever heard driving home was "Photograph" by Nickelback. I hated that song.

I don't listen to the radio so much anymore. But that "Hey There Delilah" song drives me up the wall. It's played a bit too often.

xX Nightmare Angel Xx
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to xX Nightmare Angel Xx

Old 07-12-2007, 01:05 PM

Hmm, I'm kind of tired so not much is coming to my head right now >>;;
  • The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani featuring Akon
    I hear it way too much D< . I hate Akon, like throw-darts-at-his-picture hate. In terms of Gwent Stefani, I used to kind of like her. But I don't like her newest album. Not at all :3. Iiicky </3. The song just irritates me.

Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's
    It's like constantly on every time the TV is switched on. It's a decent song. I actually bought there poster not too long ago x) . But it's played everywhere, whether I'm walking into a store or hearing it blasted from someone's car in traffic. Plus, it's always on those video countdown shows. But I hate MTV ("Ruined rock n' roll!" Haha, School of Rock) and I don't listen to radio so that doesn't apply to me really. :]

I might add some more later but I'm kind of falling asleep on my keyboard right now >___<. G'night <3.

nocturnal miyu
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls

OMG, my friends and i were going to various places so we got on and off the car quite often... and i think in ONE day we heard that song on the SAME radio station 3+ times. i felt like if i wasn't suicidal, the song might make me think about it... or if i was suicidal, i might go off the edge after hearing that word so many freaking times. -_-

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-14-2007, 05:54 PM

"Umbrella" by Rihanna.

I hate hearing it and it comes on like evry half hour of my radio everyday! And my head hurts when she starts going "umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh eh..." Ugh!

LemonChiffon
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-15-2007, 10:11 AM

I cringe at that one Hoobastank song that used to be played on the radio constantly about two or three years ago. I cannot even think of the title. I did not like it before it was played and I do not like it after.

Lulu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lulu

Old 07-20-2007, 03:23 AM

• The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Face Down

Immortal King
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-20-2007, 03:32 PM

I don`t listen to the radio much,so i couldn`t tell you,but sometimes when i`m in the car with my parents ,and it takes really long i turn on the radio,and there is a lot of repeate music.Like King nothing by metallica,and Bat Country by avenged sevenfold.

Drey

Old 07-24-2007, 03:11 AM

Alot of hip-hop and R&B songs are overplayed these days over my radio here. I mean, I'm sick and tired cause they overplay those same songs from the same genre, and I'm not really a fan of hip-hop or R&B much @_@ No offence to anyone, but I prefer rock.

Songs overplayed here... well last I heard was songs from the pussycat dolls... they were realllyyy overplayed. Almost every two hours do I hear their songs on the radio. @_@ And uhh.. smack that DX

Caramella
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Caramella

Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 AM

Right now on my radio station they're really killing;

Plain White Tees "Hey there Delilah"
Amy Winehouse (?) "Rehab"
NIN ..."Capital G" (?)

. __ . ;;; *so tired of them*

They just lately stopped killing "Young Folks." D:

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-25-2007, 09:54 AM

Promiscuous Girl by Nelly Fortado and Timbaland.
It's quite the earworm though, it won't leave my head!

April Fool Romance
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-25-2007, 07:29 PM

I always like to have the radio on when I'm at home because I don't like too much silence but unfortunately the station I keep it on plays the same songs through out the day. It's tiring. I used to like the songs and now they're just...annoying.

I would change the station but barely anything picks uo where I live. I'm pretty much in the country side D:

Hidari
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Hidari

Old 07-28-2007, 01:54 AM

Well, we usually have our car radio to a French channel that usually play kick ass French or European music, so I don't suffer from that anymore.

But I remember, it was like the last week of school and we had time for studying and one of my classmates brought Umbrella by Rihanna up on her laptop and everyone started singing it, it was so annoying. It's played everywhere that's allowed a radio station over the speakers. So annoying. .___.

orange
most awesome person you'll ever ...
Send a message via MSN to orange

Old 07-28-2007, 06:01 PM

Anything by the Red Hot Chili Peppers XD

Also...they used to play "Not Over Yet" by Chris Daughtry a TON. XD
I used to like them both a lot, but well, because they were overplayed I lost my love for them >:

But on the other hand I used to not really like the song "Icky Thump" by the White Stripes, but it has grown on me since they play it so much and now I love it :'D <33

ohoh, and "Pain" by Three Days Grace . . . yeah...that's probably the most overplayed song EVER XDD
One time it started playing on one channel so I switched to the other new rock/alternative station and it was playing there too! So I switched to the mix station and it was playing there too >_____>
so I just shut off the radio XDD

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-01-2007, 05:51 AM

I remember a couple of years ago, there was a song by Hoobastank called "The Reason" that was so overplayed, you really wanted to shoot all the media and radio stations that played it. And then now, I love listening to it on occasion xD

Now, I think that Umbrella by Rihanna, Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston, and a few other songs are very overplayed now. However, I just can't remember their names xD