rozabee
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-16-2008, 04:24 PM

Don't listen to criticism if you don't think the person knows what they're saying; I love my friends, but they don't understand what I'm trying to get across most of the time.

You SHOULD listen to people you trust when they criticize. Artists you look up to know what they're talking about; they know where style ends and mistakes begin, that's why you look up to them.

If someone is criticizing whatever media you're working with, they obviously aren't getting the point and probably shouldn't be listened to <3

BelleMorte
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-17-2008, 01:15 AM

Hrm.

Well I do clay structures. I do little clay fairies actually, for the time. It's not that I cannot craft anything more "realistic"...but just that I cannot create something that complicated and detailed that is small enough to fit inside of an eggshell. Therefore, I choose to do simplified versions. I think it might be likened perhaps, to a chibi-form of anime? I mean, the artist _can_ do a perfectly drop dead bishie, but chooses to do chibi cause it fits in a 1"x1" square, whereas a detailed version of that same character will not.

I know it's not proportional, I know it's not perfect..but my goal isn't necessarily to make it proportional?

Hypothetically, would it be ok if someone's style _was_ chibi? If what they sold were just chibis or headshots instead of full body cg's? Cause that's how it feels for me. I'm doing chibi clay things because my interest is primarily in the shell itself; that is where I'm doing the detail.

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-17-2008, 08:55 AM

criticism is important, but its also important not to take it too personally. Just remember that the criticism is against your art, not against you personally. Don't take it to heart, just resolve to fix your mistakes so they can't criticize you on the same point again. XD

`Monox!de
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to `Monox!de Send a message via MSN to `Monox!de

Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 PM

I never take criticism from people who can't draw very well...I'm not one to judge, but if I don't think that person can draw, I don't take their critiques. I especially hate when people start their comments off by saying, "I'm sorry, but..." That just makes me MAAAD for some reason. D; Hee hee...I take things too seriously, though. e we Although I do tend to take everyone criticisms a little bit to heart, even if it's just a smidge...only if I think it'll help. xD

D-Yoop
*^_^*

Old 03-17-2008, 09:58 PM

Personally Im very carefull on giving critique to people. When they do not ask, I will not tell. But when I do, I do it good. I tell them at what parts to get better, and how to achieve that. I will never try to tell anyone off or make them feel useless. Its making me happy to see how often people enjoy reading my reviews and actually find them helpfull.

Sometimes I give pointers when noone asks me to though. I did that once, when I was working on an animation project. Everyone was supposed to be experienced enough to make a decent animation, but this one guy's art didnt look very well.. ^-^;

L_Ryuuzaki
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-26-2008, 09:55 PM

Accepting criticism may be hard but like others have said here, take it into consideration. Perhaps think more about the criticism given to you from people who can and do draw. However, realize that it doesn't take a chef to tell you that food tastes like crap. Likewise with some art. It may take a chef to tell you what's wrong with the dish or to distinguish spices.

StarWand
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 PM

I guess that would have to depend on who it is coming from, their credibility, their ability, experience and accomplishments in the field, etc. You don't have to take their suggestions if you don't want to, but when criticism is offered, you may want to consider it.