Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:48 AM

Yeah. I really, really want a Tyrannitar, Aerodactyl, Arcanine, Rapidash, and Ninetails. Weird how most of them are fire-types...

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:50 AM

Hahahaha, wouldn't want a Tyrannitar! It can punch through mountains!

Another dream pet of mine is a neko as I call them, or a cat-person... I'd love one of those...

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:53 AM

I've always wanted a cheetah, for some reason. It's not even my favorite wild animal/cat. XD I'd also love a chinchilla. o wo

There are so many kinds of domestic cats I would love too. = w=

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:57 AM

I've seen those in pet stores here before. Don't you have to buy a couple? And keep them very warm~

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 02:15 AM

You can buy just one, but they're used to being with groups, so people suggest you buy more than one. They're pretty expensive, though. DX I think room temperature is fine for them. o 3o

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 02:16 AM

Yeah, they are.

Oh, fun fact: Here in NZ, you can't buy Hamsters. I didn't even know what they were until I watch Hamtaro.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 02:19 AM

Aw, that sucks! I used to have a hamster. D: And I love Hamtaro! > w<

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 02:24 AM

Hamtaro is cute.

We had guinea (or however you spell it) pigs growing up though.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 03:19 AM

You can't buy hamsters there?

I currently have a guinea pig, though I had bought two when I first got them. One of them died when he (I'll just go with he for now since I have a hard time telling their genders apart...) jumped off the top of the cage about a few weeks after I got them in his excitement to get at the food I was getting them. The other one survived and is still living. I've been trying to fatten her up a little more because she always seems so skinny to no avail.

That chinchilla is so adorable I just want to snuggle it.

---------- Post added 09-13-2013 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLen View Post
Hahahaha, wouldn't want a Tyrannitar! It can punch through mountains!
Yeah, but it'd be dead useful here. We get earthquakes and typhoons and landslides pretty often, so whenever one of those gigantic boulders fall off a mountain, it can just shatter it with a punch! Think of all the manpower and expenses that could save!

(And because it's just so awesome and gorgeous...fell in love with it the moment my Pupitar evolved. Though Larvitar is also adorable and so snuggly-looking. )

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-13-2013, 04:07 AM

I've always ALWAYS wanted a fox

That or a huge horse like a Belgian draft horse. Or a unicorn. Whichever is easier to get.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 04:11 AM

Those horses are freaking HUGE!!!
I was so scared they would step on me seeing them at horse shows D:

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 04:15 AM

I bet a unicorn is easier to get :P

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 04:33 AM

My grandpa would probably be capable of getting one of those horses...
But he has enough as is... and nobody would ride it and stuff...

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 AM

Foxes are adorable, but I've heard they smell pretty bad.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 AM

I want so many animals! Top on my list are a tegu, and New Caledonian geckos. I also aim to have a ball python, corn snake, rainbow boa, dumerils boa, leopard geckos, lesser sirens, tokay geckos, crested geckos, various other species of gecko and perhaps a small skink species, and a host of inverts as well as chickens, quails, a cat and a malamute/husky type breed, all alongside my axolotls.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 07:25 AM

Sun you could have just said you want a small zoo o.o

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM

lol, My friends and family often kid that if I got every animal I wanted for a pet, I could open up a zoo.

And seeing that fox picture above, I'm now strongly reminded of this song my friends blasted into me earlier tonight.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 09-13-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I've always wanted a cheetah, for some reason. It's not even my favorite wild animal/cat. XD I'd also love a chinchilla. o wo

There are so many kinds of domestic cats I would love too. = w=

It's learn fun things from Longcat time!!
Chinchillas are high mountain animals and are perfectly adapted to such environments. They can not tolerate high temperature, anything over 95°F runs a risk of heat stroke and death among chinchillas. Also they should never get wet, their fur is very thick and fine and holds water. Because of this if they get wet their fur will rot on their body before it dries, so the chinchilla will pull out all of their fur.
Chinchillas can not be held for extended periods or they will over heat. They need chilling pads or rock slabs, and would do best in a hone that has air conditioning. They can live up to 15 years, a long life for a rodent!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-13-2013, 10:19 PM

I have such a love of all animals, there are so many different animals I'd like to try owning in my life. But I am first and foremost a cat lady, so that kind of precludes me from a lot of other pets, or else Mr. Rat and Mr. Guinea Pig may not have very long lives.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 10:38 PM

What does the fox say? Ring ding ding ding ding ding~

Hahahaha, I love that song.

Oh? Chinchillas are from the mountains? I never knew that. I always thought they were from the deserts of Mexico or something XD The ones I saw in the pet store always had sand in their cage so they could have sand baths, I think that's where I got that from.

I have always loved chickens and would love to own a few. Except I'm not sure how my cats would react, one of them tries to hunt ducks and sea gulls when they land in our yard to eat. But if I could, I'd have this breed of chicken:

It is so fluffy~

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 PM

FLUFFY CHICKEN! I hear chickens make pretty good pets, actually. They can learn a few simple commands, even!

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 10:52 PM

I had a friend who owned a few and they were even toilet trained to not poop in the house.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 09-13-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLen View Post
What does the fox say? Ring ding ding ding ding ding~

Hahahaha, I love that song.

Oh? Chinchillas are from the mountains? I never knew that. I always thought they were from the deserts of Mexico or something XD The ones I saw in the pet store always had sand in their cage so they could have sand baths, I think that's where I got that from.

I have always loved chickens and would love to own a few. Except I'm not sure how my cats would react, one of them tries to hunt ducks and sea gulls when they land in our yard to eat. But if I could, I'd have this breed of chicken:

It is so fluffy~
From the Andes Mountains if I remember right. and they have to have the sand baths because they can't have real ones!! The sand also helps remove parasites as well as the natural oils.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 AM

Well, I guessed that after you said they can't get wet :P

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 09-14-2013, 12:06 AM

XD haha yeah. I work at a store that sells them and we try really hard to make sure that the future parents understand exactly what goes into owning one so the animal can live a happy long life. I know a lot of random animal facts as a result of my two jobs. XD