KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 09-29-2013, 02:41 PM

I don't think there are any particular patterns I wouldn't wear unless the colour combination was hideous.

3/4 length sleeves or trousers are something I do avoid, I'm so short they either don't fit right at all or make me look even stumpier.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-29-2013, 04:09 PM

I will not wear leather or fur. You could not pay me to. It just disgusts me to think that a dead animal is hanging on me.

It more so depends on how the clothes look on me than what item it is. Cut plays a big part in this. Like I won't wear certain shirts that are cut too low or that are cropped too high because I don't want to walk around looking like a hooker. I will not wear women's shorts for the fact that now a days, everything is cut way too short to the point where my bum hangs out. I have a big ass so short shorts are a no no for me. Thin legs and a big butt is not a nice combo with those short girly shorts.

Anything too baggy I won't wear. I don't mind loose fitting clothing as long as it looks nice and compliments my body well.

I also do not get skinny jeans. I can't wear them because of the big butt, thin, muscular leg combo and it just does not work in my case. It feels like my thighs are being strangled.

I can't wear neon colours either. Not because I don't like them, it's because I have an odd skin tone where anything bright makes me look yellow and it's just not very flattering. Yellow does that too. I avoid most things that are yellow for that reason too.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 09:28 PM

I wont wear Jeans... I hate the feel of jeans...
I wont wear anything tight leather. Sure it probably feels nice but... no
I wont wear pink, purple, neon, little to no yellow... I tend to avoid any bright colors except blue and white.

I also wont wear those wifebeater things... they just look terrible

Oh... and I wont wear shorts unless I'm swimming...

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-29-2013, 09:30 PM

I wouldn't wear a wifebeater simply because of the name. Dunno why they call them that.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 09:31 PM

Because a lot of people who wear them seemed to beat their wives I guess?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-29-2013, 09:36 PM

You don't need a wifebeater to beat your wife.....just as many without them do just fine.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 09:36 PM

True... but I haven't a clue how else it could be named that.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-29-2013, 09:59 PM

no I imagine your correct, I just hate them because they are called that.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 10:03 PM

Yeah thats part of the reason... otherwise they just look like a tanktop...

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-29-2013, 10:04 PM

Truth in that statement. Was tank top too girly a name?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 10:06 PM

Apparently tanks aren't manly enough?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerdale View Post
  • Skirts (unless they're "pencil" skirts)
  • Yoga pants
  • Thongs (ewh permenant wegie? I think not)
  • Anything with long necks to them.
  • Crop sweaters (seriously though)
  • Flared jeans
  • Capri pants
  • Anything plaid
  • Anything gingham
This is interesting. I wear yoga pants but only indoors, and always cotton ones, not some nasty non-breathable synthetic fabric.

Thongs -shudders-

Cropped sweaters...so 80s

I like capri pants, if they're elegant slim ones, they make me think of Audrey Hepburn. I don't wear then though, because I have scrawny bandy ankles and I'd look stupid in them :(

Yan wears "wifebeaters" (he does live in The Philippines though, so a vest, shorts and flip flops is his normal clothes xD) I tease him about that a lot and he makes >8( faces at me

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-29-2013, 10:09 PM

vest and shorts.....what an odd combination o.0

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 10:12 PM

Thongs... aren't those the "Ride up your butt constantly" underwear? That's all I've heard about them...

Honestly... I can't see Yan in like a suit/tie or a button up shirt... a vest and shorts suits his personality I think...

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2013, 10:16 PM

Sorry, by vest I mean undershirt. We call them vests in England :)

Yeah, thongs = stripper underwear

I have seen a picture of Yan in a shirt! A traditional Filipino shirt at that! I'm assuming he had trousers on too, not shorts, as it was the graduation ceremony when he got his architect's thingy. xD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-29-2013, 10:18 PM

ooooooh that makes more sense. I was picturing a suit vest and shorts and thinking....that was strange....then again Yan is strange.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 10:50 PM

Yes makes much more sense
Here vests are over a shirt and much thicker

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
I like capri pants, if they're elegant slim ones, they make me think of Audrey Hepburn. I don't wear then though, because I have scrawny bandy ankles and I'd look stupid in them :(
You probably haven't found the right style of capri pants yet. :) What brands have you tried?

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 AM

After reading this thread I realise just how unfashionable I must be...

Things I don't wear:
-Flip flops or any shoe with a thong between the big toe and the second toe...so uncomfortable
-G-strings, I refuse to wear something that gives a permanent wedgie
-shoes with a point at the front, because my feet are long enough already, and they don't enhance the appearance of the shoe/feet at all, in my opinion
-mini skirts/dresses
-plunge neck

Things I avoid wearing where possible:
-high heel shoes
-skivvies, though I admit I do have a couple
-blazers, or any other jacket or top that restricts shoulder movement
-any skirt/dress that doesn't cover the knees...unless I'm wearing pants or tights underneath
-tights, only because I don't like revealing the shape of my legs
-sleeveless tops or dresses in general...again, because they're unflattering for my arms

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-30-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerdale View Post
You probably haven't found the right style of capri pants yet. :) What brands have you tried?
I haven't >< I just don't wear anything that shows leg. I only wear skirts with boots. I hate my legs -.-

Ling, I'm not fashionable at all, I just wear what I like. Perversely, I tend to feel kind of horrified if something I have and like becomes fashionable.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-30-2013, 02:08 AM

What is so wrong with being fashionable if it fits within your likes?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-30-2013, 02:11 AM

I don't know to be honest. Just a bit of my personal weirdness I suppose

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-30-2013, 02:14 AM

Well you are a bit strange lols, but I think sometimes that it is a requirement to be a user here so meh. We're all strange.

For me I don't buy things because they are in fashion I buy them because I like them, that being said I do own some fashionable things.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 02:38 AM

From the photos I've seen jelly's fashion sense is working just fine...
So true... I feel the same way if something I wear ends up fashionable... thankfully this is rare...
I think it's mostly just that there's a certain type of person who dresses like that and I don't get along with them...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-30-2013, 05:27 AM

Warm colors. Red, orange, yellow, warm pinks... all look terrible on me, and I don't like them anyway. I can wear cool pinks and maybe a mustard yellow, but otherwise nonono. I just generally do not wear bright colors.

Flared or baggy pants... Sometimes I can pull off a wide leg or trouser leg jean, but mostly I wear more form-fitting stuff. I have wider thighs, so anything that accentuates that is awkward.

No heels. They're lovely, but they make my feet literally bleed, so no.

Nothing strapless or with spaghetti straps. I just cannot be bothered with strapless/convertible bras and going braless is not an option for me.

Capris and long shorts look terrible on me. I'm short enough as it is, and they make me look both shorter and wider. Yuck.

Velour. That's not really a thing anymore, but I still have nightmares about 2008 when you couldn't step outside without seeing three people in velour tracksuits. Oh god yuck.

I also avoid dresses and skirts with hems that are just above the knee or lower. It's not that I have anything against modesty, they just look horrible on me and simultaneously make me look shorter and older. There's an age for those and I respect that, I just haven't reached it yet.