Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 02:49 AM

(Aww, I feel like a creep for not taking his arm LOL. I must have not read that)
She nodded gently as the Doctor named Simon began to check her vitals. She was used to the presence of Doctors, and was pretty immune to the poking and prodding.
"What are you using to treat me...? If you don't mind me asking..."She asked curiously.
She watched as he checked her vitals.
She wanted to ask him how long he'd been working with Echo Syndrome, but was too nervous.
The moment a plate was placed before her, she took a bite of it and felt immediate relief. "This is delicious!" she said, awed.
It was a very welcome change from dull hospital food and IV drips.

Daeman35
Angels dont come better than tho...
Send a message via AIM to Daeman35 Send a message via Yahoo to Daeman35

Old 10-25-2011, 06:50 PM

Simon smiled at her as if he was a very bright young girl. He was glad that something had distracted her. The fresh cooked meal smelled absolutely delicious. It would take them a few earth days to get to the planet so it was best for her to relax rather than distress about all of it. "I will be giving you everything your other doctors gave you save the anesthesia, unless you really want it. Thats the way i take care of the syndrome."

Kalic shivered as Simon talked about what he would be taking care of her with. He had a daily check up with the doctor for the same things. The only thing he didn't have was the stronger drugs or the anesthesia. He looked down at the food and picked up the plate. "I'm going to go eat in my room. I have a few things to go over." He smiled to everyone else and walked passed Cali giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Smells delicious. Great job" Then he was gone back into his room.

Jake looked between all of them. "He needs to figure out how to make his exit a little less dramatic. Let me go talk to him." With that he got up from the table and walked toward the captains room. He disappeared behind the door.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 PM

Maharette watched Kalic leave the room and instantly felt as if she had said something wrong. "Was it something I said?" she asked quietly, feeling guilty.
She was the type of person who was able to empathize with others instinctively, and it felt like she had crossed the line.
There was a feeling about Kalic that was familiar, aside from the nagging feeling that she'd seen his face before... It was as if they shared something, but she couldn't place her finger on what it was.

Daeman35

Old 10-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Simon smiled at her. "No no. its not your fault. He hates the talk of treating Echo Syndrome. He and his best friend who use to be the second in command were on RX762 investigating it even after what had happened to your mother told us to stay away from it. Malcolm came into contact with the Sirens and was instantly affected. When he collapsed Kal ran to his side, shooting at the Sirens as much as possible to get them away from Mal. Nothing worked. He has a smaller version of the syndrome and the medical talk is a constant reminder of that." He looked over towards the rooms before going back to his meal in the polite mannerism he grew up with. "Dont be bothered with him. Is there anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable miss?" He said after finishing his bite of food.

Jake walked into Kal's room as he had just laid down on his bed. His food was on the table near him where all his computers were for communication. He had a picture hologram in his hand that showed his best friend Mal. "When are you going to move on from that?" He asked as he sighed and took the desk chair and moved it over to where he could sit on it facing his friend, but the chair was backwards.
"Its hard to forget." Kal said as he kept his gaze on the hologram. "Every night is a constant reminder of what happened. The nightmare of that day. I get them every night even though it seems as though the planet is calling me back." He sighed and then put the hologram down to look at Jake properly in a sitting up position. He put his hand behind his neck as he looked down at his feet.
"I know it was hard for you. It was hard for all of us when he was taken. The girl in there don't need to know what happened, but with that display back there ya just placed, bud, that ain't gunna happen. She needs to know we ain't gunna harm 'er. She's a little frazzeled by what you did."
"I just cant do it anymore Jake. I owe her father for everything he did for me and she is a beautiful girl that deserves better than what is comin. She's got the longest case of Echo Syndrome known because she was born with it. I cant help but see Mal when i look at her. It's just getting to me." He looks up at Jake who just shakes his head.
"Just shake it off bud. This is just like every other job we done. Your going to be good. We can get through this jus like everythin else. Got it?" Kal looked at him then smiled as Jake got up to go to the door.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-27-2011, 07:17 PM

So Kalic had Echo Syndrome as well? The news was a surprise to Maharette.
Though, it would explain the feeling of familiarity about him, though not explaining why she knew his face.
"So, he doesn't like to talk about it?" she answered the Doctor.
For her, she wasn't ashamed of her disease, in fact she wanted to learn as much about it as possible. The doctors and physicians back home were very guarded about her treatment, and hardly explained anything to her.
There was a longing in her bones, in her spirit. RX762 did not feel foreign and dangerous to her.
It felt like home.
And it called to her every night when she closed her eyes to dream.
In fact, her dreams were always the same.
Always RX762. Always the same Siren song. Always the same beach.
She made small talk with Simon and cleared her plate. Her stomach was adjusting to normal food quite well if she had to say so herself. It was a welcome change from the flavorless, odorless mush she ate at the hospital.
Smiling and excusing herself from the table, she wandered out through the corridors.
After wandering aimlessly for a few moments she finally found herself in a room with a enormous window, outside that window she could see the planets and stars.
Climbing up carefully, she perched herself on the sill and pressed her hand to the cold glass like surface.
She could feel a deep peace resonating in her soul and the knowledge that with each day of travel she came closer to RX762.
Underneath her breath, in the silence of the room, she hummed the Sirens song.

Daeman35

Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 PM

(SORRY SORRY SORRY... School is killing me with work and hockey season started. The team is undefeated right now. SO MUCH WORK... Hahaha :sweat: Forgive me?)

Kalic looked at Jake and smiled as he left the room to go eat his own food. He finished his food and decided to go for a walk along the ship. Maybe if he went to his favorite window to sit, the stars would help to displace his misery.
His father had always told him he was reckless. He now could feel his fathers presence hin his head. He could hear his father's voice in his head telling him how much of a failure he really is. The screams of Malcolm while he was in pain from wanting to get to the planet that had made him sick. His friend had died soon afterwards. He was his best friend. The one person who he had grown up with and who believed in him all the time. They had worked on this ship together. It was his death that had brought the general and Kalic closer together. The general knew the pain he had gone through and had taken care of him. Malcolm had been the captain at that time. He had seen this girl while she was in her deep sleep from the drugs.
All these memories seemed to torture him every night while a song was sung while he slept. He tried to make them flow out of his head so he may have a clear mind by the time he got to that one window that would help his mind settle completely.
He walked along the ship until he reached the room with that one window. When he walked in, he saw the girl and paused. She was humming the song he heard in his dreams every night.
"Oh. Sorry. I didnt mean to disturb you." He said as he made to leave the room once more.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 PM

(No problem at all, we all have lives :D )
Maharette snapped out of her trance and looked at Kalic with wide eyes. "No, you aren't bothering me" she called from the window, not wanting him to feel like he was unwelcome in his own ship.
"I-I was just staring out into the nothingness... It feels familiar" she admitted, looking back out the window.

Daeman35

Old 11-08-2011, 05:05 PM

Kalic stopped in his tracks from leaving the room. He turned to look at the girl who had seemingly just snapped out of the trance that was making her hum the sirens sweet song. When she spoke of looking into the nothingness, all he could do was laugh. "Nothingness." Walking over, he found that the familiarity of the stars in all the black just made it easier for both of them to sort of get closer and look at the whole picture. "Normally i would say that your right about there being nothing, but it is just so beautiful out here." He took a seat on the other side of the large window. "This is my favorite spot on the entire ship. All the stars, the cosmos, the rings of debris and even the atmospheres around the planets are just so beautiful. I wish i could have taken you on the ship before when we first met so long ago."
He sighed as he looked out among the stars. "Your father took care of me a few years back. He made sure the doctors never knew of my condition so that i could become a captain of a ship like this. He was like a father to me after the accident. He didnt want to put me through what the doctors put you through. I dont know if you remember, but we walked along the beach simulator together while i was staying on Titaniaa, but they only really gave us a good 15 minutes to get to know each other. I wouldnt be surprised if you didnt recognize me."

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2011, 04:19 AM

She brightened up. "I knew I recognized your face!" she exclaimed, looking as though a burden had been lifted from her shoulders. "I couldn't remember why I had the feeling that we had met before, but I just wasn't sure, it was driving me crazy" she admitted.
She looked dourly out the window again, thinking about her life in the hospital. She didn't have very many good memories. "I still wonder why I'm here... Father was so adamant about keeping me there... Something must have spooked him into letting me go..." she sighed. She couldn't shake the uncanny feeling that something was wrong, but she didn't want to seem paranoid.
Staring back through the window, she smiled, but it was sad. "Can I tell you something?" she asked suddenly, seeming uncomfortable and awkward.

Daeman35

Old 11-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Kalic smile. So she did remember him. It had been so long ago, but her reaction just made him smile happily at how her question had been answered. It also told him that she was too shy to ask questions to any of the crew on the ship.
Her mood changed to wondering why her father had sent her away now. Kalic knew the answer. He had mentioned the reasoning a while ago when he had asked him to do the job. When she said something spooked him into letting her go to the planet, he started to get curious as to why he was so spooked. The general was never really on to be spooked by anything. He had always told him that his daughter was his most precious thing on the planet. It was the reason he had so many doctors taking care of her. In his eyes, she was fragile and needed help with all that fragility. She needed help to function properly in the ginger state she was in.
The way Kalic saw it, was she had to live her life the way she wanted to with little doctors. Now that he has her with him, he could see what the General saw in her.
It wasnt until she asked if she could tell him something, that he came out of his own thoughts. He shook his head and looked at her, away from all the stars, planets and beautiful colors of space that they could see.
"Yeah. Go ahead. Anything." His curiosity was now getting the best of him. What is it that she could want to tell him? They had just been talking about her father, so he assumed it would be something about him.