BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 PM

Name: Leela Zoleth
Picture:

"Ms. Zoleth, you have a call waiting for you." A holographic woman about 6 inches tall appeared on the police woman's desk. Leela closed the file she was reading and placed it down in front of her. Paperwork was a thing of the past, but Leela liked the old way of doing things. "Answer the call." The woman nodded and disappeared. "Hello?" She glanced to the time blinking on the wall. "Leela, we really think you should be down here tonight. Please reconsider..." She sighed. "Ralph, I rarely take time off of work. Obviously my plans are important to me. Please respect that." She stood out of her chair and began shrugging on a long coat. "You can't honestly believe something is more important than receiving a medal from the Chief of Police. Come on, I'm going to look like an ass out there taking it in your place." She chuckled. "Stop complaining and just take it. You deserve it more than me. I did what any other good cop would have done in that situation." After a sigh on the other side of the line, she buttoned up her coat. "Fine, Leela." She smirked and nodded. "See you Monday, Ralphy. Disconnect." The beep that the call had ended sounded at the same moment she left the room and closed the door. She nodded to every two or three heads that weren't buried in their Web-Helmets on duty as she went on her way out of the building.

Before she knew it, she was at home in her night-clothes, propped up by pillow and staring at her Web-Helmet. She examined it, turning the bulky sphere round in her hands. She wasn't tired at all, really. A couple of hours surfing the web would be no problem. She didn't have to go to work tomorrow either, so there was no reason not to stay up and have a little fun at a cyber club or do a bit of shopping. Sighing, she tossed the helmet onto a pillow on the ground and pulled her blanket over her. Within minutes, she was asleep.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 PM

Seth Jacks
Picture:

Seth got home late from his interview. He didn't expect it to take as long as it did. he wasn't sure exactly why he was hired by the Fredrick Corporation. He was a known hacker and so were the others that were interview. He got ready for bed and made a quick dinner. He was glad that he might be able to finally afford food for a change.

He still suspected why he was hired and wouldn't be told until he started tomorrow. He hoped there would still be time to got into the Web , as it was called. He did repairs for people and hacked into others sites. That was how he was caught by his new employers.He finished his toast and went to bed .

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-21-2012, 11:28 PM

Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was the blinking time on her wall. Noon. She groaned and sat up as she ordered breakfast. "Kitchen. Cereal A and OJ, please." There was a beep and she stood up. When she got to the kitchen, her bowl of cereal and glass of OJ were sitting on the clean white table in the middle of the room. She rarely had breakfast, much less breakfast at home. After her meal, she plopped back onto her bed and pulled up her Web-Helmet. All Web-Helmets were manufactured by The Frederic Corporation. Rumor had it that The Frederic Corporation owned the entirety of The Web. After putting it on, she gave the voice command and her password to start it and closed her eyes as she fell back onto her bed.

When she reopened them, she was in her home screen. She stood up and went to dust herself off only to remember that there was no such thing as "dust" in The Web. Everything here was perfect. If you were overweight, old, or unattractive a simple avatar-readjustment could make you the sexiest supermodel. She blinked and looked around. Her home screen was fairly simple. A small white room with peach-colored doors to places she commonly accessed and a black door for options and settings. She sat down and sighed. She never really used her helmet unless she was with other people or on duty. She felt strange knowing that her real body was back in her bedroom and here, nobody knew where she was.

A blue light blinked above her and she looked up. It was a notification. "Answer notification." She called up to it. "Blake Clearwater has invited you to join his party on MingleLounge. Accept?" She stood up and opened her inventory by touching a door. Selecting a little black dress and looking in the mirror to see how it appeared, she nodded. Her avatar was in no way modified like others. She still appeared as the lanky pale girl with light blond hair. "Accept."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-22-2012, 12:11 AM

Seth put his helmet on . He had to attend a meeting on the Web ,where he would find out what he and his colleagues would find out their job.

"Welcome all." Mr. Davis said once everyone was in the virtual conference room. " You all are here today to find out why you were hired. The reason is that we at the Fredric Corporation want you to shut the Virtual Web down. We did create it , but don't like what it has become. We can't control what is on here and don't like that we can't. We know there needs to be limits on what can be done here. You all will have the resources to do your job from your homes. Once this is finished you all will be greatly compensated." Davis said with a fake smile, he would enjoy to string these hackers along and have them take the blame. Then Fredric Corporation would bring back the Web, but they would have more control over who and how people accesed it .

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-22-2012, 12:40 AM

Leela smiled at the party-goers as she passed. There was a strong heavy beat pulsing through her body from the soundtrack playing. It was foreign to her, but she somehow felt happy to hear it. People wore some of the silliest things lately in her opinion. She blinked in surprise at a man wearing a neon speedo and choker. She didn't come to parties mainly for this reason. People are freaks... She thought to herself, bumping into a rather strong-looking man. "Apologies." She murmured, gliding past him.

"Wait!" The man called back to her. She turned around. "You're Clearwater's chick, aren't you?" Leela rolled her eyes. I'll kill him... "No, no I am not his chick." She spat the word and continued on. When she reached the back of the party, she gave her name and was given access to Blake's room. When she entered, he was on the bed with three other girls with long pink hair and very revealing clothes on. "Am I interrupting something?" She coughed. Blake- the handsome twenty-something that drooled all over her- turned and smirked. "No, actually. You're here just in time." He pat an empty piece of the bed next to him. The other girl's whined, but he ignored them. "Not right now, Blake..." She blushed which made the other girls giggle in her direction. Blake turned harshly to them. "Deactivate." At his command, the girls disappeared.

Leela blinked. "Holograms?" He laughed. "No, they were real. They work for my dad so I can have their company whenever I wish." Leela hid her disgust by looking away. "You edited your room?" He stood and nodded. "Yeah, it didn't look as good when you left." He flirted. She rolled her eyes. "So, you want to party?" She shook her head. "Go shopping?" She shook her head again. "Well, what do you want to do?" She turned to the door and shrugged. "I kind of want to go to work." He chuckled. "How about the shooting range?" She smiled a bit. "Alright, that sounds good."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-22-2012, 02:50 AM

Seth didn't want to deactivate the Web. He had a feeling there was more to this than he was being told. Seth would do what he was told, to a degree that is. He didn't want people to be blocked from what they liked to do. He knew it would effect the economy greatly. Things were not stable in the economy and Seth didn't want to see things get worse. He had to tell someone about this plan.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-22-2012, 05:24 PM

The speed of virtual bullets zooming down the seemingly endless range did give Leela a bit of a high. The only thing ruining it was Blake. As she looked down the sight and breathed out, ready to pull the trigger, Blake's hands slid up her back and she cringed as she shot. "Percent accuracy: 54%" A computer voice announced. Leela huffed and put the gun down. "Seriously!? Come on, you messed me up!" Blake rustled her long, pale blond hair and she pushed him back. "Stop. I'm going home." "Confirm: Go home?" Blake whined. "Nooo, come ooon! Leela!" She shook her head. "Confirm."

And so, everything was gone and she was back to her home screen. She turned the power off and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she was in bed again. Just where she left herself. "Creep." She murmured to herself, getting up and moving to her closet. She undressed and put on some simple clothes: A long sleeved white v-neck and plain black jeans. After grabbing her coat and zipping up a pair of boots, she was out the door. She could afford a nice hover car, but they never really appealed to her. Leela smiled a bit as she approached her electric scooter. She hopped on and zoomed off down the road. She much preferred the wind flowing through her hair as she sped down the street to a tight stuffy car where you couldn't do anything in.

As she parked the scooter at a building she often visited, the sign in the coffee shop's window flipped to OPEN. She walked in slowly, taking in the coffee bean smell and at-home atmosphere. It was hard to find places like this in the city. She sat down close to the door after ordering a cappuccino and sipped on it quietly as she watched out the window.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-22-2012, 05:58 PM

Seth took a break and disconnected. He was in the mood for some coffee and got dressed. He grabbed his wallet and went down to the garage. He had an electric motorcycle and got on it ,heading to a coffee shop. He liked this little place for it's coziness and good prices. He ordered a mocha raspberry and sat at a table by the window. He was worried that he wouldn't be able to find someone to help him .

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-22-2012, 06:26 PM

As the door opened and a man walked in, Leela glanced over. He was a rather tall one, but pretty geeky-looking with glasses. She went back to minding her own business and took a finishing sip of her warm cappuccino. She sighed and wiped any hint of a liquid-mustache off and threw away her cup. She almost didn't want to leave. Home would be just as quiet and lonely as ever and she honestly didn't want to go back on the Web.

She sat back down and looked ahead to the table next to hers. The man who had walked in was sitting there drinking something that smelled very good. She smiled at it and examined his face. He had a worried expression on. Leela's smile faded from her lips. "Excuse me?" She cleared her throat, not usually talking to random strangers like this. "I'm sorry if I'm invading your privacy by asking, but are you alright?" Her curiosity was going to be the death of her one day, she knew. But for some reason, this man- with his messy black hair and cautious demeanor- intrigued her.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-22-2012, 06:58 PM

Seth looked up and saw a pretty blond and assumed she was the one who had spoken to him. " Not really . I have a lot of troubling things on my mind right now. I don't know who to turn to for help." He said , not wanting to get into what was bothering him, knowing no one would believe him if he did say something.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-22-2012, 07:05 PM

She sighed and looked around. After checking the time, she nodded to herself. She stood up and moved to the table he was sitting at. "My name is Leela. Leela Zoleth." She pulled out the chair across from him and sat down with him. "We all have bad days every now and then. If you need to get something off of your chest, I'm all ears." She paused, thinking about what she said. "Keep in mind, I'm a cop. So if this is like a confession or something, I can arrest you." She warned.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-22-2012, 07:27 PM

" I'm Seth Jacks. It is sort of a confesion, but it has to deal with something I was hired to do, that I don't want to do. I need someone to help me to stop the people who hired me to do this." Seth said , hoping she was able to help him.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM

Leela frowned in thought. This man- Seth Jacks- was being oddly vague. "Alright, I'll assume you were hired by the mafia." She looked at him and smiled. "I'm not accusing you of this, It's strictly hypothetical." Shaking her head, she continued. "Anyways, you were hired by said mafia and are told to kill someone, but don't want to kill someone." She nodded. "Hm... Bit of a predicament you're in already, huh?" She went on. "So, the mafia is going to kill this person with or without you. You don't want to upset them, lest you be in the same position as the person who's going to be murdered, but you don't want to let them complete their task."

She tapped her fingers on the desk and leaned back in thought. "Could you go to the police? Policeman are good guys. They could help, right?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 PM

" They could help me, but this is a huge corporation I work for.I can't tell you here really. Is there a place that I can tell you where I don't run the risk of being found out?" Seth asked , feeling a little panicked. He had to get someone to help him.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 PM

Seeing him getting a bit jittery, Leela nodded. "Y-Yeah, of course." She stood up and nodded a thanks to the man working behind the counter. Leela then reached out her hand to Seth and pulled him up. "We can go to my place. I trust you, you trust me. Everything will be alright. Lets stop panicking."

She pulled him out of the shop and let go when she reached her scooter. "Just follow me. I don't live too far from here." On the ride back, she'd look behind her every now and then to make sure he was coming. She didn't know why she wanted so much to help him, but she knew he was hiding something from her. And she knew she could get it out of him.

When she stopped at her apartment building, she parked her scooter and motioned for Seth to pull into the place next to her. She was a bit surprised to see that he had a motorcycle and made a note to herself to talk to him about it later.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 AM

Seth followed Leela on his motorcycle. He was very glad she was willing to listen to him and his crazy story. He parked next to her and deactivated his cycle. He liked the look of the apartment building and hoped to live in a place this nice. He hoped Leela would listen to his story and be willing to help him.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-23-2012, 01:36 AM

Leading him into the building and up the 38 floors to her residence, Leela pushed him inside and pulled off her jacket. After rubbing her head, she cleared her throat and turned to Seth, motioning for him to sit down on the rarely used couch by the door. Leela was paid very well since she was good at her job and looking around her very modern apartment, one could easily tell. "Alright, then Mr. Jacks." She turned and sat in a chair across from where she motioned for him to sit. "Are you hungry? Cold? Can I get you anything before you want to tell me what's wrong?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-23-2012, 01:56 AM

" I'm fine . Thank you for asking. " Seth said as he sat on the nice couch. He took a deep breath before he said, " I guess you are ready to hear what is bothering me. I am an indepenant hacker. I get hired by companies to take out hackers that try to destroy the company. I was recently hired by the Fredric Corperation to destroy the web. Me and about a half a dozen others got messages to attend an interview and we were selected to do this job. I have no idea why they want to destroy something they helped in creating. If this succeeds the world will be thrown in to a catastrophic economic depression. I don't want this to happen and I need help from someone to catch the Corperation heads red handed in this terrible crime. " Seth said taking a breath.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-23-2012, 02:35 AM

Leela took a deep breath in after Seth was done. Simply seeing the man rush out so much information at once made her tired. "Well..." She hesitated, looking for what to say. "The Frederic Corporation is definitely a shady community." She recalled the file on her desk from yesterday. "But there could be numerous reasons for them hiring a team of hackers. Maybe they're just trying to build a more secure firewall or whatever it is that protects them from other hackers." Sighing, she leaned back and rubbed her forehead. "They wouldn't want to just shut down the Web for no reason. There's been no warning from them. Hell, Web traffic is off the charts! Why would they stop something that's going so well?" She stood up and began pacing.

"You're probably just being paranoid. Or maybe you took it the wrong way. I just see no evidence that what you're telling me could be possible." She stopped by a window as tall and slender as herself and looked outside at all below her. Cars zoomed past her feet below where she was looking, and up above her were buildings nearby with more levels. The lights never went off where she lived. It was never dark. "Look, Seth... I wish I could help. But it sounds like there's nothing that needs helping."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-23-2012, 05:17 PM

Seth was disappointed that Leela didn't believe him." I have some files on my computer that will prove that there is something fishy going on. I don't want to be powerless in stopping the Web from being shut down. I have a feeling that the Fredric Corp. wants to restrict who gets access to the web. It's just a hunch, but there is truth in it.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 PM

(( I'm just going to use that Blake guy as means to tell us more stuff about the inside-workings of The Frederic Corporation. Like, why they're doing it, how, etc. Because, this RP is turning out pretty vague. I have a plan, no worries. :3 ))

After a long sigh, Leela nodded. "Alright, then. Do you think we can get to your home screen through Web-helmet? I'd like to see these files..." She walked up to a door behind him and pulled out her spare Web-helmet. "Mine's in my room... Hold on."

She left him in the living room and went down a hall to her main bedroom. Inside, she quickly grabbed her helmet and began walking back out. A small note tucked underneath it stopped her. She laid the helmet back down and pulled up the note. It was from Blake.
'Be online tomorrow. I have something important to tell you.
-Blake'
She narrowed her eyes in suspicion at the piece of paper and crumbled it up, shoving it deep within her front pocket.

In seconds, she was back out in the livingroom with Seth- Web-Helmet in hand. "So... Can we do this?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-23-2012, 11:30 PM

( Sounds good to me. :)

" We can. I'll have to enter my password though. I'm ready to start this when you are." Seth said as he put the helmet on. He entered the number of his home screen and enters the series of passwords that he had. Seth didn't want his files to be hacked. He went to the section that had the files he was given and requested them to be printed at Leela's printer. The files were the details of the assignment and how he was to do it . Along with the recording of the meeting he had secretly made. He hoped this was enough to have Leela trust him.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-23-2012, 11:46 PM

As papers began flowing smoothly from her printer across the room, Leela smirked and put on the helmet. When she turned it on, the first thing she saw was a room. There were people sitting in a circle around a man talking. "You recorded this from the meeting earlier, I assume?" She was silent as she watched.

"Welcome all." The man said. Leela blinked in surprise, recognizing him immediately. He was Johnathan Davis- the CEO of The Frederic Corporation. He was also Blake's step-father. "You all are here today to find out why you were hired. The reason is that we at the Fredric Corporation want you to shut the Virtual Web down. We did create it, but don't like what it has become. We can't control what is on here and don't like that we can't. We know there needs to be limits on what can be done here. You all will have the resources to do your job from your homes. Once this is finished you all will be greatly compensated." Leela cringed at his fake smile, knowing in her gut that something was terribly wrong... "Then, The Fredric Corporation would bring back the Web, but they would have more control over who and how people accesed it."

"I've had enough..." She stopped the recording and turned off her helmet, tossing it onto the empty area of the couch. "That man is up to no good, I can feel it. We just need solid evidence." She walked with haste to her printer and pulled out the papers Seth had chosen for her to look over. "Hopefully, that evidence will be in here..." She stopped looking through them for a moment and glanced over at Seth. "I'm sorry for not believing you. You did the right thing in telling someone." She then rolled her eyes and added, "You did a great thing, actually, by telling me."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 AM

" I did actually. It's a practice I use when a client hires me. That way they can't back down and give me less than I was offered or they refuse to pay me. I then can use the tape in small claims court. It's alright that you didn't believe me at first.. It all seemed vague and far fetched, " He was glad that Leela did believe him now.He just hoped they could stop this from happening.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 AM

"Alright, Seth. Well, you can go home now if you want. Just leave a way that I can contact you. I'll be sure to do so soon after I finish looking over those." She pointed to the stack of papers and sighed. She was used to looking over files- being a cop and all- but simply the thought of more work exhausted her. "You look like you could use the rest anyways. I know I do." She chuckled.

In the back of Leela's mind, she still had the image of Blake's step-father wearing the malevolent fake smile. She couldn't wait until tomorrow to get on The Web and see what he had to say. She had an inkling it was pertaining to Mr. Davis...