hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM

"Here's my home number." Seth said as he wrote it on a piece of paper and handed it to Leela. He was glad he would be alone in this . He hoped she could find out more things that would help the take down of Fredric Corporation .
(Sorry about the short posts. I will try to post more. )

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-25-2012, 11:59 PM

Leela smiled and took the paper, folding in nicely and putting it in her pocket. She led him to the door and watched him leave while tapping her bottom lip and thinking. She was sure that she still had no clue what she was getting herself into. It was hard to imagine trying to take down a corporation that most of the world relied on.

She closed the door when he was out of sight and walked over to the papers. The stack wasn't that big, but it still made her sigh. She took a seat of the couch and began skimming quickly. It was better to understand the entirety of what you were reading and then go through and read it all for comprehension. For such an important situation like this, it was critical that she have all of the facts right. If even a single accusation was made without evidence, it would be more than likely that the plan would fail.

(( Its alright. I'll try to make it more interesting. We just have to wait until all the facts are laid out and the story can unfold. (: ))

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 AM

Seth drove back home and made himself dinner. He knew that it might be a while before he had a steady paycheck again. He hoped that he could get those responsible imprisoned , and would have to figure a way to not shut down the company completely, knowing both shutting down Fredric Corperation or letting them succeed , could cause a total collapse of everything that was already so fragile.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-26-2012, 01:57 AM

Opening her eyes, Leela realized that she'd fallen asleep on her couch. She groaned when she saw the time. "I'm late for work!" She practically ran to her room, throwing down new clothes for the day. She undressed, ignored thoughts of even considering a shower, threw on her new clothes and pulled up her hair. Making sure to grab the note from Blake she found yesterday and Seth's phone number out of the front pockets of her old pants, she grabbed her bag and put shoes on as she hopped to the door. Peeking over to the papers she didn't finish looking over last night, she sighed and quickly grabbed them, shoving them into her bag as she stormed out of her apartment.

When she got to the office, nobody seemed to notice that she was late. People were frantically rushing through the small halls between cubicals and there wasn't a relaxed body in sight. She frowned, getting a bad feeling and went to the only person she knew she could talk to at times like these. "Ralph!" She threw open her colleague's office door and rushed in. "What in bloody hell is going on around here!?" The middle-aged man- her best friend- looked up at her from his desk and cringed. "Disconnect." He murmured, pulling an ear plug out of his left ear and tossing it into a drawer of his desk. He stood up and walked over, putting a hand over her shoulder and leading her out into the chaos.

"There's been a problem with The Web. Many people have reported that they're Web-Helmets were hacked over night." He muttered close to her ear as they began to walk faster. Leela tensed. 'Its already begun...' He pulled her into an unused office and shut the door. "Everyone's going nuts... The Web is still accessible, but only with those helmets that weren't left logged on from 11pm-6am. The Frederic Company is practically unreachable. Nobody has any clue how to contact them. We can't report anything to the higher-ups either since we have no leads... Whoever this hacker was, he was definitely a skilled one. No! He probably wasn't alone! There had to be at least five to do what was done at such a fatal percent!"

Leela gritted her teeth and rubbed her forehead. "What are we doing about this?" Ralph only shook his head. "We can't do anything right now. Without word from Frederic Corporation, we have no legal authorization in this type of situation. Nothing like this has ever happened before. There are no laws pertaining to this situation!" He slammed a fist against the wall next to him.

She nodded, knowing what she needed to do. "I'll be back... Hold on..." She jogged out of the room and down the hall to the nearest pay phone. After placing her thumb on the pad to place a call, she reached in her bag and pulled out Seth's phone number. Telling it to the automated message, the phone began to ring.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 PM

Seth heard his phone ring while he was getting dressed . He had been on the Web since 3 that morning , trying to keep the code from falling apart. He knew that it was useless unless he could get some help in reassembling the code." Hello?" he said as he answered seeing Leela's name on the caller Id.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 PM

As Seth's voice came up on the other end of the line, Leela let her breath out, not realizing she had begun holding it. "Good... Okay, are you busy right now?" She bit her lip. "If you are, tell me what you're doing right now. If you aren't, can you meet me somewhere?" She needed to know that Seth was going to stay on their side. She also needed to get a hold of Blake. If anyone in the world knew what was going on, how, and why, it was Blake.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-27-2012, 12:38 AM

" I'm not busy . Where would you like me to meet you? What's wrong? Is it the Web?" He asked ,feeling panicked. He was glad he still had his helmet on and had to do something if something did happen overnight. He knew that Mr. Davis would be wondering why he wasn't working on destroying the web like the others were.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-28-2012, 04:17 PM

"So far, its just been a glitch with helmets." Leela felt rushed. "I need you to be at the old coffee shop in 20 minutes. I think I know someone who could explain this all to us and help to stop it..." As Ralph came out of the door and began walking in her direction, she cringed. "I have to go. See you soon." She hung up the phone and rushed away from Ralph. The less amount of people who knew, the better. She felt bad for keeping such a big secret from him, but time was of the essence and he'd probably slow them down.

She was back home in minutes, dialing Blake's number. When he answered, their discussion was swift and serious. She told him to be at the coffee shop as soon as possible, hung up, and was out on her scooter again. Blake's voice indicated knowledge of the situation. He didn't seem all too surprised when Leela told him what was happening. She somehow still trusted him. He was all she had.

Pulling up to the coffee shop, she walked in and realized she was the first there. Looking at the time, she noticed she was about 5 minutes early. She sighed and rubbed her head, taking a seat without ordering anything.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-29-2012, 03:50 AM

" I'll see you then. " Seth said hanging up the phone and grabbing his keys. He got on his cycle and drove toward the coffee shop. He parked and went inside, looking for Leela, hoping he wasn't too early. He saw her and went toward to where she was sitting.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-29-2012, 06:28 PM

(( Sorry for no reply, but I had a question. I'm not mad or anything, but could you post a bit more? I have a feeling that it would make the story more interesting if you gave more. Your character can go off and have other leads, you know. (: Its fine, really. Seth is just seeming a bit like a puppet for Leela right now, is all. ))

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-29-2012, 07:05 PM

( I can try to. Is about 2 paragraphs a good length for a post? )

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-29-2012, 07:55 PM

(( Well, I'm not trying to tell you to post a certain amount/length. To me, its quality over quantity. Your character isn't doing anything in 4-5 sentences. ))

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-31-2012, 01:00 AM

(( I promise I'll have my character do more things as we go along. ))

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-31-2012, 01:23 AM

(( Alright, cool. C: ))

Quote:
" I'll see you then. " Seth said hanging up the phone and grabbing his keys. He got on his cycle and drove toward the coffee shop. He parked and went inside, looking for Leela, hoping he wasn't too early. He saw her and went toward to where she was sitting.
Leela pulled her hair out of the pony tail as she saw Seth walking in. "Hey." She nodded. Just then, Blake came in. Leela sighed and waved him over to where they were sitting. Blake frowned and sat by Leela, pointing to Seth. "Who's this guy?" She turned to Seth and blinked. "Seth, this is Blake Davis. He is the son of The Frederic Company's CEO. He's the only other person I could think of to join us. He said he has something to say, too." She watched as Blake continued to point at him. "Yes, I'm sooo interesting." He rolled his eyes. "But who is this guy?" Leela smirked. "Introduce yourself, Seth. I'll get something else.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 02-01-2012, 01:19 AM

" I'm Seth Jacks. Its nice to meet you Mr. Davis. " Seth said. He was surprised that his boss had a stepson , unless he mentioned it and Seth didn't remember. He sort of felt uncomfortable now about taking don the CEO. " I hope he has some information I can use. Its going to be a difficult task, but with his help, it might be easier." Seth thought , thinking of something to say. He wasn't much of a social person .

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-03-2012, 10:38 PM

Leela stood to go get more drinks and a snack as Blake leaned forward, nodding. "Well, get used to me." He glanced at Leela. "And keep your paws off of her." He pointed. "I'll kill you if she gets hurt." He said, seriousness drowning in his voice.

Leela returned and sat by Seth, putting drinks in front of them all and a plate of donuts between them. "Alright. Now that we're all chummy, what were you going to tell me over the Web later? I need to know now, and so does he." She said. "He works for your step-dad. A hired hacker." She nodded.

Blake rolled his eyes. "Yeah? Where'd you go? ITT Tech?" Leela gave him a stern look. "Whatever. I just wanted to lay everything down for you guys." He looked around nervously before starting. His voice was kept at just above a whisper, even though nobody was around.

(( Erggg... Brain fart. You can reply. I need time to come up with a 'back story'... ))

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 02-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Seth didn't like Blake very much. " I actually went to MIT. I just like being an independent contractor. " Seth said to Blake , doing his best to not get angry. Seth was listening to what Blake was saying and everything for some reason was starting to make sense.

BeepBoop
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 AM

"As you know, The Web will be shutting down completely. Economic stability as we know it will soon be a thing of the past. To understand why this is happening, you have to know the beginning. At first, The Frederick Corporation was founded by a man and his wife in the early 2000's. It started off as a simple business that did nothing but fix electronics. The world soon discovered, though, that the couple who had started it were in for more than just geek-repair. They invented- reinvented, actually- the internet. They made accessing different, easier understanding techniques, and for the technologically gifted- they crafted a world. This world would be later known as 'The Web' to which nowadays, everyone has access to via Web Helmets. Its now a common practice to be on The Web for shopping, business meeting, etc. But it was only recently that you could use an avatar in this world: Dress it up, visit clubs, the works. The Frederick family- descendants of the famous starters have been kept in the world of luxury all because of this. However, they leave all of their actual business work to the professionals. Just last week, the last remaining 'Frederick'- Ms. Jolene Frederick, a nasty little bitch might I add- began a project within the company. 'Project Rebirth'. She wants to halt continuation of The Web altogether so that she can finish developing her new version of the same thing. A bigger, better, more expensive version. Newer technology, less users, higher demand, and more profit from it all."

Blake leaned back and took the first sip of his black coffee, surprised that Leela remembered how he liked it.

"So, this Jolene Frederick isn't stupid. She knows just as much as the average hacker and is a very manipulative woman. The thing that makes her different, though, is that she knows when she cuts it off, people will still be in there. In The Web. At any given moment, there are over 3 billion people accessing The Web. That's a lot of people." He sighed and continued. "We just have to make sure we stop it from happening without stopping people from using The Web."

Leela was still, absorbing all of the information given to her. The cogs in her brain turned slowly and she nodded, first looking to Seth for his reaction.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 02-05-2012, 07:28 PM

Seth was shocked that it was an inside job and the history of the Web, it was much different than the story had been told n college. ." No one knows what would happen to the people in The Web if it were cut off. It could be disastrous. " He said in a low voice, knowing that there could be lives lost if they failed.