Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 07-07-2012, 02:03 AM

Scarlett woke up to the soft chimes of an alarm clock. She sat up, stretching her arms above her head and yawning. The girl peered over at his nightstand, turning the alarm off. It must've been set for him to go to work. Suddenly Scarlett heard a voice tell her that he was at work. She jumped, but once she calmed down she nodded. "Thank you, Avina." She said, remembering Sebastian calling her Avina.

The slender but shapely woman got out of the bed and headed over to the mirror, inspecting herself. "Avina do you think Sebastian would care if I took a shower?" She asked to the computer person as she stared in the mirror. "And if I borrowed a shirt of his or something?" She asked. She had gotten her tank top and shorts a bit dirty from running last night, plus she still had no shoes.. She bit her lip, running a slender hand through her hair.

((Sorry it's short! I promise the next one will be longer.))

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2012, 04:15 AM

"There are some packages waiting for you in the living room, Scarlett. Sebastian allowed me to order some clothes for you before he left. He's coming home right now, but it will take him some time to get here. I suggest you take a shower. He doesn't like waiting too much." Avina then went silent, receiving a remote order from someone else.

"Avina, I need you to find out any and all the files Protechnicus has on me right now. Use those cyberwarfare software we have never had the chance to use. I want that intel ASAP." Sebastian was literally storming through Central Park while he talked to Avina. Maybe he was being paranoid, but that conversation he had overheard really knocked him off his mind. What was the Director talking about? In which ways had Protechnicus planned him? "Sebastian, are you aware that if we somehow get caught, you'll end up dead by sunrise?" Mr Arnaez smiled weakly as he sat on a bench, catching his breath and trying to organize his thoughts. He ran his right hand through his hair and then exhaled. Even though the day was quite nice, this did nothing to improve Sebastian's mood. It had dropped horribly after hearing what he had, and he knew it was a matter of moments away until his wrath kicked in. He could feel his heart beating faster and adrenaline rushing through his system, a nice side effect given by Protechnicus to their best agents to help them cope with pain during combats. "I know that, Avina. That's why you're using that cyberwarfare suite which swallowed two mission's worth of payment. Tell Scarlett I'll be late. I need to calm down."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 PM

Scarlett nodded to herself and headed out of the room and down the hall. Hopefully Avina had picked out clothes that Scarlett actually liked. Once she got into the living room she smiled at the three packages sitting by the sofa. She grabbed all three and headed back to Sebastians room. Once she got there she went into his bathroom and sat the packages down, shutting teh door behind her.

Her emerald eyes glanced around the bathroom in awe. Everything was so modernized here. She headed over to the shower with all its many buttons and pressed the one that said Power. "Hmm.." She said, biting her lip as the water started running. She then clicked the button 'Warm' and started to strip off her clothing. She sat her dirty clothes on the counter and then stepped into the shower.

She was amazed at how many options the shower had. Her eyes scanned over all the buttons until she found one that had a picture of a rose on it. She clicked it and her body was instantly covered in rose scented soap. She took in the scent and smiled warmly, deciding to put vanilla coconut shampoo and conditioner in her dark hair.

Once she was done washing off she pressed a button that had a picture of a hairdryer. Suddenly the showers walls had little circular vents that blew out hot air at her to dry her off. She was startled at first but then got used to it. Once she was all dry she got out and headed over to her clothing packages. She rumaged through until she pulled out a simple red dress with a V neck and straps.

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 PM

Time had slowed down unexpectedly in Sebastian's eyes as he observed New Yorkers moving around Central Park aimlessly. Thanks to all the adrenaline running through his system, everything seemed to move in slow motion. Nervously, the young man cracked his knuckles, wondering what was going to happen. It was still early, around ten in the morning, but his whole day had changed drastically. His hands needed to feel his bow in them. Odd, but it felt reassuring to his whole being. He knew he had risked himself too much when he asked Avina to search for that information, but he needed to know what was going on. All that he remembered from his childhood was living in Protechnicus's headquarters, which was normal for him. He had been told his parents offered him in adoption, and he showed a lot of talent when it came to shooting with a bow since he was a kid. That had been their reason for adopting him and enhancing him as they did. Sebastian had also been told he was born in Germany, though his parents then moved to the United States months after he had been born. That was the reason he spoke both English and German flawlessly. However, with all this mayhem about him being planned... "What the hell is going on?"

After twenty minutes, Sebastian had managed to calm himself enough to establish contact with other humans. He stood up, dusted himself off, and made his way to his apartment. Once he arrived at his spacescraper, he took the elevator and then walked to his door. Out of the blue, he knocked gently. Sebastian then peered into his apartment, wondering if Scarlett was anywhere near the door. He didn't see her, so he entered completely and then spoke once more to Avina. "Manage that operation with extreme security, Avina. I don't want any traces linking us. At all."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 07-13-2012, 05:04 AM

Scarlett had just exited Sebastians room in her new wardrobe when suddenly the door opened. She continued down the hall until she saw Sebastian. "Hello." She said, smiling. "Thank you so much for the clothes." She said, doing a quick twirl. "They all fit me nicely." She chimed in a sweet velvety tone. She aimlessly ran her hand through her dark curls to fix them.

"Oh I hope you don't mind but I used your shower.." She said, biting her lip nervously. The dark haired woman walked over by him and then sat on the couch. "But anyways, how was your day?" She asked, looking up at him with her bright eyes. She leaned back in the chair and stretched out her legs, feeling them pop.

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-14-2012, 04:39 AM

{OoC: I'll be gone to the beach starting today, so I won't be able to post until Friday. Sorry!}

Scarlett came down from his room and twirled, thanking him for her new clothes. "no problem," Sebastian said with a nonchalant hand movement, "I figured you could use some new clothes since I didn't let you take anything with you last night." He gave her a half smile and then let himself fall on the couch. His head was a mess, and his face reflected how confused his cognitive processes were. He sighed gently and then ran his left hand through his hair.

Scarlett asked how his day had been, to which Sebastian replied with a quick snort. "It could've been much, much better. Still, there's something more important right now. Are you ready to see NYC in person?"

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 07-14-2012, 06:11 AM

((Kay (: ))

Scarlett nodded and looked over at him when he sat down by her. "Well I'm sorry. If you want I could make you dinner or something later." She said, patting his shoulder. She then stood up. "Well I'm up to seeing New York whenever you are. If you want you can rest for awhile before we go." She said, looking down at him. She looked him over. "So what was so bad about it? If you don't mind me asking.. I don't want to be rude.." She said, looking down at her feet.

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-23-2012, 05:19 PM

{OoC: Sorry, that took longer than expected. Anyway, I'm back!}

Scarlett offered her cooking skills for dinner, to which Sebastian gently shook his head. "I already have a plan for the whole day, so dinner's included in it. I can assure you there's no time spent in here unless it's necessary." At this point, he glanced around his apartment, taking in the minimalistic decoration he had decided to buy. The walls were white, and the couches were black, contrasting nicely against the walls. In the middle of them, he had placed a small glass coffee table, holding a small bowl with three orbs of Palladium, an element which had become quite popular around Earth for quite some time now. On the wall, a gigantic HD console television had been built specifically on Mr Arnaez's orders. Although he could access from his SeMI to his personal network, it was just sometimes better to have everything on a bigger screen. Sebastian sighed once more before he stood up and arched his back a little. "There's a lot of paperwork which I have to do after every mission, but this time it got a little more complicated. I also have a... research pending which is ticking me off, but it's just a matter of time before I finish it. Let's get moving. New York is quite big."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 07-25-2012, 03:20 AM

Scarlett nodded. "Okay, well I'm ready when you are." She said, standing by the door. "I'm sorry about the paperwork. If it makes you feel better I'll leave you alone later so you can finish it all." She added, giving a weak smile. She quickly ran her hand in her hair to fix it and then looked at her reflection in the nearest mirror. "Well since you have everything planned.. what are we doing?" She asked, her eyes lit up with excitement about seeing a new city, or in her case a whole different world from the castle.

As she headed to exit the door she then remembered she needed shoes and quickly headed back to Sebastians room to look through the shoes he gave her. She bit her lip, deciding to go with simple black flats since she didn't know how much walking she could take in heels. She then headed back down the hallway and by the door. "Sorry, I forgot my shoes." She said, smirking at her moment of stupidity and then opening the door for them both. She stepped out and then looked back at Sebastian for directions of where to go next. This was all very new to her, so she felt the need to look at him for answers constantly and stay by his side.

((It's fine! (: ))

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-03-2012, 02:37 AM

{OoC: I'm sorry for not replying, but I'm suffering from a major writer's block for Sebastian. I promise I'll have something ready next week at most. I'm really sorry! D: }

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-03-2012, 07:42 PM

((Its fine (: ))

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2012, 03:00 PM

"We're going to Central Park first. I figured out you would like to see different flowers from the ones you had back there. After that, if you're fond of history, I can take you to one of the many museums here in NYC. If that's not your cup of tea, we can always go shopping or just walking around. One of my favorite spots is 9/11 Memorial." Sebastian waited for Scarlett as she went back again for her shoes. After her body exited his apartment, he locked the door cautiously. Scarlett was already waiting for him near the lift, so he quickly made his way up to where she was. Something clicked in Sebastian's mind as he stared at her. She was just so... How could he even name it? Innocent? That was probably the word. Without knowing how the world was outside the castle, she grew up completely isolated of how society had evolved. "Away from the filth in which we all live in..." He shook his head gently and then entered the lift with her. He pressed the lower tier bottom and then smiled once more at her. "Tell me, Scarlett. What was like growing up there?"

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-12-2012, 04:59 PM

"911 Memorial? We can go there. I like historic things." She said, following him into the strange thing that would take them downstairs. At his words the dark haired woman bit her lip. "Well.. It was very different from this. We didn't have all these fancy electronic things. Sure we had water and electricity, but we only had the basic things." She said, smiling back at him and flashing her pearly whites at him. "We definitely didn't have whatever this is.." She laughed, looking around the lift. She then looked back at him. "So Sebastian, do you have a girlfriend? Or wife? Other than that strange woman that talks to me in your house..?" She teased, running a hand through her dark hair.

She stepped back a little from the door as they started to go down to the first floor. "Sorry if that's none of my business.. Just.. Well.. I'm nosy..." She said, smirking since she couldn't come up with a better reason. Once the lift got to the first floor and the doors open she slowly stepped out. It wasn't as odd as flying in that ship thing yesterday, but the lift was something she would have to get used to. "Are you sure other people will like me? I mean.. I don't have enhancements or anything.. So won't they hate me?" She asked, her eyes looking worried as she looked over at him.

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-14-2012, 09:33 PM

"It couldn't have been that bad, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty used to all the tech stuff we use nowadays, but sometimes a... Disconnection is needed." Sebastian then proceeded to stare through the glass panels that made up the lift's walls, scanning with his eyes the outline of New York City. Working hours were among the most busy times of the day, mainly due to all the people trying to reach their destinations. People could be seen moving quickly on their aerovehicles or walking as fast as they could. Their augmentations sometimes were visible, but some preferred to be more discreet. The lift finally arrived to the bottom tier and the doors opened, allowing Scarlet and Sebastian to step outside. "That woman in my house, as you call her, is Avina. She's an artificial intelligence, that's why I rely on her to help me through my missions."

As soon as they stepped into the currents of people walking and rushing by, Sebastian extended his hand to Scarlet. "Take my hand. It's easy to get lost around here." He then kept on walking and replied to her question. "Well... I'm not being a showoff, but I've been hit on more than once in the last month. Lucky for me, I've been able to get myself out of tight situations." He laughed gently and then kept turned around to stare into Scarlet's eyes. "Don't worry. They don't have to know. If anything happens, let me do the talking."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-14-2012, 11:04 PM

Scarlett laughed at his words. "Well of course you've been hit on!" She grinned. "Who wouldn't hit on you? I know I haven't exactly been outside much but I've been told that men like you are what every woman wants." She said, taking his hand and nodding. "Thank you. Your very kind." She said smiling at him. She thought for a moment at his question as they walked. "Well...It I'm sure that it would be nice to be disconnected for awhile if I were as used to electronics as you, But I've never met anyone outside of the kingdom." She said, looking over at him. "I've never had friends, I've never spoken to anyone besides the people in the kingdom and I've never met a man my own age." She said, her eyes looking over at his. "The kingdom told me that I could never get married or leave the kingdom because there was no one else in the world untainted like me." She said, looking to the ground.

"I mean, You would think a Princess would at least get her Prince right? No. The Prince I was supposed to marry was captured and given enhancements. He was told to get them or be killed. So long story short, I never got to meet him." She said, looking back up at Sebastian. "It's nice to be in touch with nature, but it gets kind of lonely." She said, then bit her lip. "Oh, I'm sorry! I've been babbling.." She said, sighing.

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 AM

At Scarlet's reply, Sebastian laughed happily. "People say many things, Scarlet. Even more so in a society like the one I live in. With all the augmentations rolling out the main research industries, it's quite difficult to distinguish from what's real and what's not." He then proceeded to take a left at the street's corner and then walked on forward. He could now spot the dome which had been built over Central Park to protect it from harmful gases. After a severe green house effect crisis in 2074, the UN, by a global social movement, had been given real regal and political power to interfere in any country's government in order to protect the world as a whole. That was the reason why each and every country had to turn immediately into alternative energy sources, such as biodiesel and hydrogen fuel. It had almost worked perfectly. In order to protect flora and fauna, countries began building intelligent domes over protected areas. These domes were able to control and scan the environment's components and regulate them accordingly, which had saved many beautiful places that otherwise would have perished. Sebastian's forehead showed a deep crease after hearing what Scarlet had told him. "Hold on a moment. You're telling me you're not supposed to get married at all because there's no... Pure male left? That's insane!" However, his mind began racing as memories flowed into view.

He remembered that mission. It had happened some years ago, when he had just been "officially" admitted into Protechnicus. A major operative had been sent to coerce one of the Pures, as PT called them. Sebastian had been sent along with the operative to observe the protocols and routines which had to be followed. Although he had been sent undercovered to some missions, using the official protocols was different. He remained silent and observed as they infiltrated the fortress, but the mission didn't went as expected. His major had been shot dead by a sniper he hadn't seen. Sebastian, on the other hand, had been fully aware of the sniper and even tried to warn him, but the operative didn't listen. As expected, Sebastian completed the mission. He still remembered how the coercion had gone, and even knew the exact location of the subject in case.

Chills went down his spine as those memories flashed and instantly vanished. He sighed unnoticeably as his gaze landed on Central Park's entrance. "Very well, we have arrived at Central Park.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-15-2012, 12:58 AM

As they started to walk towards the dome Scarlett's eyes widened. "There's a dome protecting Central Park?" She asked, looking over at him. She had heard that there was global crisis awhile back, but she hadn't known it was so bad that they had put domes over certain parts of the world to preserve them.

She started to look around, watching as people were on their busy way somewhere. It was interesting how they got around. But then there were the people walking past them who occasionally glanced over at her. It was an odd feeling. Like in just that blink of a second of them seeing you, they were judging you. Scarlett moved closer to Sebastian and nodded slowly at his words before turning her attention to him. "Yes. They told me that I didn't need love. That I needed to save humanity and that love didn't come to someone with that title." She said, her hand lacing with his. She knew he probably thought it was odd, but she preferred holding his hand that way compared to the uncomfortable just 'hand' holding.

She smiled when they reached the entrance of the dome and quickly walked inside, looking around. Her eyes were quickly drawn to all the different types of flowers. "One of the only things I could do in the castle for fun was that I had my own garden to tend to. And it wasn't any of the hybrid flowers either. It was beautiful red roses and all sorts of other flowers from long ago." She said, bending over to touch one of the hybrid flowers. They were very beautiful despite them being enhanced. "These are very pretty too." She said, standing back up and l0ooking over at him.

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2012, 02:38 AM

Sebastian nodded as Scarlet asked him about the dome. "I'm sure you have heard of the Greenhouse Effect Crisis from 2074, right? After that event, the UN began building domes over certain areas to protect them from dangerously high temperatures and toxic gases. These domes protect those areas, hoping that later on we will be able to take them away." He followed Scarlet as she inspected the flowers. The dome was actually a great engineering feature, boasting for protective nanocarbon fibers, thin enough to allow an outside view but tight enough to prevent any outside gases from coming in. The information she was revealing was disturbing, to say the least. He shook his head and then looked around the park. Everything was peaceful enough to keep Sebastian on his toes. "So you like gardening, huh? I never thought you liked that kind of things, Scarlet."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-15-2012, 02:47 AM

Scarlett smirked. "Well it's not so much that I liked it.. I just liked the fact that I could create something beautiful." She said, looking around at the flowers. "It was sort of like I had my own little forest to go to when I wanted to be alone. The order had planted a bunch of trees years before I was born, so it seemed like I was outdoors since it had a small pond in it." She said, frowning at a few memories that flashed through her head. When she was younger she had asked the order if she could go outside instead of just the room without a ceiling, and they had told her it was too dangerous. What was so dangerous about it?

She nodded. "Yes, I heard of it. I just didn't know it had gotten this bad. Though I suppose the governments is handling it well by creating these." She said, then looked over at him. "Enough about me. What do you do? Other than taking people on journeys and what not.." She said, looking over at him with a smirk. She still didn't believe that this was his job. But he was showing her what she wanted. So why complain? "Where did you grow up?" She asked in a velvety tone.

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2012, 03:07 AM

Sebastian's lips curved into a dark smirk as he turned around and walked a little bit away from Scarlet. He held his hands behind his back and then replied. "I'm not really sure of the exact place of my birth, but I know I was born in Germany. My parents died when I was really young, so I don't remember them at all." Sebastian's voice suddenly grew cold as he kept on speaking, its chilling edge silencing the people nearby. "I've been told I was adopted when I was only two by an entrepreneur, Mr. Arnaez, but he died shortly after. By the time that happened, I was barely four years old. I went into custody of his brother. He was a great tutor, but not the father I needed. I was sent to a boarding school in London. That's why I have British accent instead of the North American one. When the time came to study a major, I chose mechanical engineering and then got a Master's on Biomechanics. After finishing college, I moved here, got job with my company in something unrelated to my studies, and here I am." Sebastian turned around and stared at the young woman, his eyes the pure image of chilling ice. He walked back to his spot and then resumed his observation.

"Sebastian. Sebastian, we might have a problem." Avina whispered into his ear through his SeMI. Sebastian frowned and then took four steps away from Scarlet. "Avina, what's wrong?" "I think we might have been detected, Sebastian."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 PM

Scarlett frowned. "Oh, I'm sorry for asking.. But I didn't know my parent's either. " She said softly, stepping back a little from his cold gaze. "I didn't mean to upset you." She said, biting her lip and looking to the ground. When Sebastian walked away from her to talk into something Scarlett looked at him "Whats wrong Sebastian?" She asked, stepping closer to him and placing her hand on his shoulder. His face seemed blank after hearing him say something to Avina.

((Sorry its so short >.< ))

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-18-2012, 09:35 PM

"Even though I was using the cyberwarfare suite at its fullest, something still detected my presence. I withdrew and tried to block its path as much as possible, but they eventually traced my location. Sebastian, you have to move." Avina's electronic voice trembled with nervousness as she withdrew and started a remote upload to a server Sebastian had previously bought for cases precisely like the one they were living. "Avina, prepare my suits and equipment. Take only the necessary, we're moving out fast." He then turned around and stared at Scarlet, his eyes denoting his state of mind. "Scarlet, we have to get moving. There has been a... Complication. Come on, time's running low." He held her hand and started to make his way out of Central Park just as any other man would do. However, his eyes were scanning the crowd for any possible threat. He knew how Protechnicus acted in situations such as his mainly because he had been part of the Spec Ops team they used to neutralize targets like him. The irony threatened to break his mental state as he shook his head and kept on walking steadily. "For the love of Nature, I just hope the information she acquired was worth it!"

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 PM

As Scarlett overheard him telling Avina to move his things and then told her there were complications she grew very confused. "Wait what?" She asked as he pulled her along out of the park. She dropped his hand and stopped in her tracks. "Sebastian tell me whats going on." She said, watching as his eyes glanced around the area. "If I'm putting you in danger than please tell me." She begged, her eyes looking at him pleadingly. "I'll go back to the castle if need be but don't just drag me along."

EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 AM

{OoC: I'm sorry for the delay. Med School's been leaving me dry ._.}

As Sebastian felt how Scarlett let go of his hand, he quickly turned and gave her a cold, urging glare. "It's not the time to explain. I know how they operate. We have barely enough time to get away from here." He took her hand once more and then started walking faster, weaving through the crowds of people walking by New York, unaware of the danger which had appeared from nowhere and yet everywhere. Sometimes, he pushed people away from his path gently. Other times, he literally shoved them away without a single word. Sebastian's mind was racing. They needed to get away as far as possible without leaving a trace. "Avina, initiate an external upload. Secure all sensitive data and deploy decoys. We're gonna need them."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 PM

((It's fine (: I've been pretty dead from school too. (: ))

Scarlett glared as he pulled her along, silently apologizing to those who were pushed. She was being pulled to quickly to actually apologize, but she was apologizing in her mind.

The dark haired woman had quieted down after Sebastian gave her a cold glare. Whatever was happening must be very important, since he was literally almost running through the crowd to get them out of there. But instead of whining even more she just ran after him. She would rather run than meet whoever, or whatever was after them.

Once he started talking to Avina again she looked over at him, noticing how he had not even broken a sweat from running all this way. Though he was in amazing health, so she guessed that was the reason. Scarlett was healthy as well, but when you live in a kingdom most of your life you don't really run many places. So she was a little tired. She took a moment to take a breath and then spoke. "Where are we going?" She asked, pushing her bangs out of her face.