NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 03:03 AM

He turns to look back at her. "An inn keep works long tireless hours." He says smiling at her for a moment before turning back to the waiting kindling. Finally getting it going he stokes it and adds a few pieces of soft wood to help it catch. A small fire going he adds a few small pieces of hard wood.

Before long he's got a decent fire going. Taking the kettle and a clean pot he moves back behind the bar. He fills the kettle with water and stirs together portage in the pot. He puts both back by the fire and then goes back behind the bar. Pulling out a bowl, a shallow cake pan and begins to put together a fresh batch of biscuits.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 03:08 AM

She moves to sit at the bar watching him work. "I have no doubt on that Hunter. Do you always lock your door? There's no way to get out without a key."

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 03:15 AM

He nods at her. "For my patrons own safety I've found that if I'm the only one who can open the door less unwanted are let in while I'm not around to stop it." he says starting to shape biscuits and putting them in the cake pan. "Not to say that you would do such a thing Miss Raven." He quickly adds realizing that might have sounded accusing.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 03:19 AM

She lets a light smile curl her lips and lighten her expression. "You're a wise man Hunter and not to worry I didn't think you were accusing me." She says trying to put him at ease. "Is there anything I can do to help?" She asks watching him fill the pan.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 03:24 AM

"No thank you. All of this is routine now. Unfortunitally it will take some time before I can offer you anything more then water." he says now nearly half done filling the pan.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 03:28 AM

She nods watching his nimble hands and notices how he is looking at her versus what he's doing. "Water would be nice but I don't fell right pulling you away from your tasks.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 03:37 AM

Finishing up with the biscuits he wipes his hands on the towel still slung over his shoulder and pours her a cup of water. "It's no trouble." he says putting the cup down in front of her. He pulls a covered bowl of slightly melted butter out from behind the bar and slathers each biscuit. "Butter biscuits and portage for breakfast." he says looking down at the pan. Finished with that he puts the butter away and puts the pan in the hearth. "I've got fresh berry jam to go with them." he says going back to the bar and cleaning up the mess he made.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 03:38 AM

"That sounds perfect." She says taking a long drink of water. She hadn't noticed how thirsty she was until now.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 03:42 AM

Everything put away and the bar cleaned down he pours himself a cup of water. Going over to grab a stool by the wall behind the bar he moves so he can watch the fire and the food but still in a position to talk to Raven should she want to continue talking.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 03:51 AM

She watches him set himself up close to the hearth and wonders if she woke him up somehow by coming down this early. She in fact knew nothing about the life of an innkeeper but the way he seemed to appear out of nowhere while her back was turned made her wonder. She would ask him but thought it was better to let him keep his secrets.

"I couldn't help hearing you speaking to other guests last night after I had gone to bed last night." She says breaking the silence. She felt awkward speaking she had never been much for ideal talk just for the sake of saying something. "I thought I was the only one fool enough to get caught out in the storm." She adds not sure why she's still speaking.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 04:06 AM

He nods at her. "If you hadn't of shown up I would of cleaned up and headed to bed. It all worked out though three lost travelers didn't have to spend the night out in that horrible storm."

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 04:09 AM

Not knowing what else to say she nods and looks down at her nearly empty cup.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 04:14 AM

Noticing the coffee pot still sitting just beyond the brick floor of the hearth he gets to his feet and set to work making prepping it for a fresh pot and then sets it down beside the kettle. "Fresh coffee in a few minutes." he says and goes to stir the pot of portage and checks the pan of biscuits before turning them half way around.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 04:18 AM

Watching him spring back up and busy himself at the fire she nods and glances back at the pile of packages by the door. She finds herself wondering who would come through a storm with so many fragile looking items and then wondered why she would spend time thinking about such trivial things.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 04:25 AM

He didn't expect an answer but looks over at her when he stands. Noticing her looking over at the packages by the door he takes the pitcher of water from under the bar and refills her cup. "One of my other guests brought those. Did you want to wait for breakfast or did you need to continue on your way?"

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 04:30 AM

Looking back at him she shakes her head. "I can stay for breakfast. Thank you." She says nodding at the cup of water.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-17-2017, 06:42 PM

Fresh coffee, water for tea, biscuits and portage finally done he adjusts things in the hearth so nothing will burn. He carefully adds another log to the fire so it doesn't create a cloud of ash that'll end up getting in the food. With that done he goes back to the bar pulls out a serving tray puts it on the bar and then grabs a couple of towels. Going back to the hearth he moves the biscuits and portage to the tray and then fills two mugs with coffee. Putting the pot on the tray he moves to give a mug to Raven.

Grabbing several stacked bowls, plates, silverware and napkins and sets them out on the bar. Pulling out some berry jam he puts that off to the side. Pulling a ladle and knife out he stirs the portage and then cuts the biscuits free from the pan. Serving up two portions of portage and two biscuits he servers one to Raven and saves the other for himself. He moves his cup of water and the stool he was sitting on closer to her he moves his food and coffee so he's almost sitting across from her.

Grabbing the jam and the butter knife he used to cut the biscuits free with he cuts the biscuit in half and coats it with jam. "Help yourself." he says smiling at her.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-17-2017, 06:51 PM

Taking the knife she offers a subdued smile in return and does the same to her biscuit. Digging in she gives compliments for his cooking skills. Sure that most others would start ideal gossip or basic chit chat she's lost for words and stares down at the food laid out in front of her.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-17-2017, 06:59 PM

He chuckles watching her. Having seen all types since opening this inn from the cold well traveled wonder either aimlessly going from point A to point B or the same type on a quest, like Raven, to his other two guests who merely travel as a means to an end it still sometimes surprises him how some of his guests will fit into those categories.

Seeing her look at him after hearing him chuckle he averts his eyes to the bowl of portage he's holding as to not provoke her. She doesn't seem the type to threaten or attack him but no need to poke a sleeping bear.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-17-2017, 11:48 PM

Viridis woke with the dawn, but instead of going downstairs immediately she changed into a maroon skirt and a demure blouse. She would have considered wearing the clothes she'd worn the day before, but the items were still a little damp for her taste. She left those the single chair in the room.

One peek outside her door delighted her. Hunter had brought up most of her books during the night. Stacking the bags into her room woke her up and by the time she finished her stomach was rumbling. The smell of what had to be Hunter's delicious cooking wafted up the stairs; Viridis decided her packages were safe enough and a good breakfast was in order. Besides, there were still a few bags she needed to check downstairs. When she did reach the first floor, she first when to check her bags. Some were a little singed. She brought them upstairs without a word, before returning and joining Hunter and the inn's other guest at the bar.

"Sorry for not saying hello earlier, I needed to check on my books." She smiled at Hunter as her stomach grumbled loudly. "You wouldn't happen to have some more of those biscuits lying around, would you?"

She kept glancing at the other woman, wondering how Mira would react to meet yet another person. Viridis hoped the confused young man had slept well.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-20-2017, 01:45 PM

Mira woke long after the others it would seem, at first he was confused. Mildly surprised no one had come to yell at him for being lazy and sleeping too long. This place definitely was much different than he was used to. Surprisingly he had slept rather well, and fell well rested. Yesterday had completely exhausted him. Slowly he slipped out of his bed and stretched a bit before making himself presentable.

When he opened the door of his room, he noticed the clothes there. That man, Hunter had said he would bring Mira some clothes to wear. At first he hesitated with a frown on his lips, those blue eyes staring down at the clothes for a long while. It would be rude not to take them, finally he grabbed the clothes and vanished back into his room to change. It didn't take long, and the clothing was a little big on him but manageable.

Slowly and uncertainly, Mira exited his room, making his way back towards the Inn proper. As he comes down he can smell biscuits and something else, a food he's not quite familiar with. Mira hesitates as he gets closer to the bottom of the stairs, and finally his feet touch the floor of the Inn's main floor. The first thing Mira noticed was the unfamiliar female, the second thing he noticed was Hunter and Viridis. Mira moved towards Viridis, a bit uncertain but still, somehow he felt a little calmer closer to her. Hunter probably had the same effect, as that man had been very nice as well but he was a little too close to the unknown woman.

"Good morning." The words were spoken meekly but just loud enough for everyone in the room to hear him. Though he didn't really want to draw attention to himself, it was always polite to greet people after waking up though.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-20-2017, 02:09 PM

"Good morning." he greeting her with a smile. "Of course." Going over to the tray serving tray on the bar he services up a biscuit on one of the plates that was sitting there and placed it in front of her and then went to grab the jar of berry jam that was still sitting on the bar in front of Raven and puts it in front of Viridis with a knife. "I've got portage and coffee or tea to. Would you like some?"

Seeing Mira come down Hunter smiled at him. "Good morning Mira I hope you slept well. A bit big on you but it'll due until you can get to a store." he says easily noticing his own clothes. "I've got biscuits with berry jam, portage, coffee, tea and water. What can I get you?"

Last edited by NightStalker; 06-20-2017 at 02:19 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-20-2017, 03:16 PM

"Tea would be divine with these." Viridis spread a good dollop of jam over her biscuits, grateful for the crisp golden deliciousness of the food already. She was that sure it would be good.

After she'd mowed through one biscuit, she heard a hesitant good morning. Turning, Viridis smiled at Mira and added her own good morning after Hunter had pipped up. She was relieved to see the young man in something other then his inadequate clothing of the night before.

"Why don't you come and sit over here and get some food? I can vouch for Hunter's biscuits, they're some of the best I've ever tasted." Viridis demonstrated by taking another bite of hers. "Oh, and how did you sleep?"

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-21-2017, 02:08 AM

Looking up when the woman came down from upstairs Raven looks her over and after decided she wasn't a threat she looks back at the food in front of her.

Looking up again when the woman's companion also comes down she gives him the same one over before deciding he isn't a threat either so goes back to the remains of her breakfast.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-21-2017, 11:19 PM

Pouring some tea for Viridis he puts it down in front of her and then serves up a bowl or portage a biscuit and a cup of tea for Mira and sets it all up on the counter beside Viridis. "Eat what you like." he says to Mira.