Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-15-2022, 01:16 AM

Well, we all know Mene was kinda... dead for some time.
What have you been up to since Mene died? Has your life changed much from the time that Mene died to now?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-15-2022, 01:30 AM

Excellent question, Ava! A lot has changed for me! I grew up quite a bit in the last seven years or more since I was active, I believe. I was in my early twenties when last fully active; now I'm 30, and chose a very different career path than I had been on before. I actually enjoy what I'm doing for work. I did disconnect from many people who brought negativity to my life, though it was a long and hard road to do so, I'm glad I did! It's ironic, in a way, since way back when I was active I lived in an apartment...and all these years later I live in the EXACT same apartment I lived in before, but it's just so different now. I have grown, matured, and chosen a definitive career path.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-15-2022, 01:53 AM

i started living the keto lifestyle and lost a bunch of weight and got super fit for like a year and then have fallen off that wagon but am trying to get back on it. I got promoted to a trainer at my work. OH i started streaming on twitch (same user name) and have been painting and making my own clothes! i even have a patreon now!

OH YA and we bought a house! thats a crazy thing! i can share a link to my Instagram and that will sum up literally everything with a few scrolls.

Kory

Old 12-15-2022, 01:55 AM

edit; Oh, didn't see you guys posted!

Around 2018, I moved from Minnesota to California. I think I was active on Mene during the move. Then I slowly became inactive around the end of 2018. Around that time, I was very busy with my acting career. I was cast in a voice over job and I was in an improv theater troupe. Things were going well, but I was also in a weird sorta relationship with this guy I met online while I was in Minnesota. He lived in Long Beach, so not too far from where I moved to...

I was hospitalized in 2018 too. :/ My mental health got pretty bad because of the stress from moving. But after a month of being in the hospital, I was discharged and things were going great again! I think I wrote a song, and I "broke up" with the guy I was seeing...

In 2019, I was cast in a theater production with a main role, and I was also cast in a film production with a main role as well. But then the pandemic hit... Theaters closed and the film project I was supposed to be in ended up cutting out my character to make the cast smaller and more fit for COVID regulations. :( That was kinda the major downfall of my career, I think... I've since been struggling to book anything. It seems like I get really, really close, but then a lot of companies are like, "Oh, sorry, we decided to go with someone else." at the last minute. So I have been taking classes and going from agent to agent... I have had three different agents since COVID hit...

I met another guy in 2019 (I think? My memory is bad...) and we began dating. The whole relationship was abusive... I knew it was, but by the time I noticed it, I was too far deep into the relationship to want to change anything. Our relationship was on and off for like.... four years. He'd get mad at me, do something bad, I would break up with him. A few weeks later, I would either get a sorry message from him saying how sorry he was and how he'd never do it again... so I would take him back. Or, we'd be intimate and then he would forget about me for months, not even a call or a text... And I would just assume that he'd moved on without telling me. But then when he wanted intimacy again, he'd message me and we'd continue on with our relationship like nothing changed...

I don't know if I feel comfortable sharing this part of my life, but this is Mene and I used to love it here and I trusted everyone here with my deepest secrets... If I don't feel good about this later, I'll just edit and delete. But in 2021, I found out I was pregnant. Things get weird from here, but I had a miscarriage and it destroyed me. I was extremely depressed for months and I lost a lot of friends at that time because everyone was telling me to leave this horrible, awful abuser I was with and I wasn't strong enough to do so... Literally, like.... I lost SO many friends.

In 2021, I also got a hamster. My first pet since Beans (the original Black Bunny of the Black Bunny Party) passed away. Her name was Sweet Pea and she was an amazing first hamster. I learned a lot about hamster care and she made living through the pandemic bearable.

Beginning of 2022, I found out I was pregnant again. The baby was born *extremely* premature and it was a stressful time for me because I wasn't feeling any motherly connection like I thought I should... and for a while it didn't seem like they'd make it. But I couldn't keep the baby because by this time, it had *finally* hit me that I was in love with an abuser who would likely not make a very good parent. So I broke up with him while still pregnant and the baby was given to my aunt, who wants to adopt them. My hamster also had to be put to sleep at this time because of an unknown growth in her stomach that caused her pain and swelling.

In May 2022, I got another hamster and I decided to go back to school. So now I am in college and I'm doing a degree in graphic design. I think the pandemic made me realize that even though I like acting and I'm good at it, it's not my passion anymore... I want to get back into doing art and design. I'm still acting on the side as much as I can, but the constant rejection has finally started to take it's toll on me. So I am now in college for something different.

I don't like California. It's gone WAY downhill since I first moved here. The streets are disgusting, the homeless are everywhere and no one does shit to help them. The gas prices are high and LA is just... not a very nice place anymore. My mother is trying to help me find a place of my own, but we're moving OUT of LA as soon as we can. Currently working with a realtor to find a home that we can own rather than renting because the rent prices are getting to be impossible to afford and it's not even worth it. $4k/month for 1990s appliances and no lights or fridge with it? Hell no.

So that's what I've been up to since Mene died.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-15-2022, 04:45 AM

I had gone two the anime-con I had been going two. for years one last time back in 2019 had a great time. once the pandemic hit I was stuck at home a lot more. but that year I got a Nintendo Switch plus some games for it.

last year I got a puppy to play, with my older dog. her name is Honey she is a sweetheart and is a year old. Coco, my male dog loves her so much. they play with each other and run around the house. even share toys with each other at times. besides that, not a lot has happened to me.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-15-2022, 07:54 PM

dropped out of uni, returned to uni, graduated uni with honours, developed a disability, had a day job for a while, now I'm "self employed" trying to build myself up as a streamer/writer etc. bizarre to be back here at 28 after joining when I was like 15

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-15-2022, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
dropped out of uni, returned to uni, graduated uni with honours, developed a disability, had a day job for a while, now I'm "self employed" trying to build myself up as a streamer/writer etc. bizarre to be back here at 28 after joining when I was like 15

wow! where do you stream? on twitch?

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-15-2022, 11:41 PM

We all should do PowerPoint presentations with what we've been up to.

I'm not sure at what point in my life I took leave from this site so this is like 2019 to now nicely summarized for you at home.
  • Finished an IT apprenticeship
  • Started renting a house with Sleepy Anarchy
  • Went to Japan right before COVID hit (was great, Japan was so quiet)
  • Had my grandmother and 16 yo dog pass away months after eachother
  • Bought a house
  • Became Australia #1 in Ladies speedway go karts
  • Did a shoey
  • Took a 6 month break from my job to complete another course, Front End Web Development
  • Came back to Mene!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 02:31 AM

I can't remember at what point of my life it was when I disappeared from Mene, I've come to realize that I have memory problems. Uhh so something of a rough timeline like this?
  • Was in school, depression came on full force (in retrospect, I've been depressed since I was maybe 8, but it didn't worsen to that really low point until then), dropped out of school.
  • Took some time off, took meds, gradually got better, etc.
  • Got a new job.
  • COVID happened, I think I got back on Mene briefly around then?? Or maybe it was before that...
  • Pretty much continued life in limbo, realized somewhere along the way that my memory has become absolute shit.
  • Realized I was more neurodivergent than I previously thought.
  • Was told by Ruby that Inso was back and rushed back here.

I think that's all? Minus some details here and there.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
wow! where do you stream? on twitch?
Yeah twitch! I'm toyourstations basically everywhere on the internet these days. Mostly i stream the sims 4 and minecraft, but i also have a Mass Effect series playthrough currently going, and some other random shit. I'm there every dayyyy

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-18-2022, 12:26 AM

I kinda abandoned Mene before it died...and then came back more when it was dead a lot.
I don't really know that I've changed too much in that time. Except:
● found a job that I genuinely love and have been working there for almost a year and a half
● picked up a couple of crafting hobbies that I have too many supplies and not enough time for
● I'm a good deal less angsty and whiny than I used to be

also:

● have 2 handsome fur babies (cats), who I love dearly
● made a dragon plushie who quickly took on a personality and now is my dragon baby that I take on adventures and post pics of/for on his Instagram page which isn't really popular or anything but it should be because he's adorable

Kory

Old 12-19-2022, 02:35 AM

Oh, Kaderin! What's derpy's IG handle? :D
I have an IG for my hamster myself. I'll gladly follow!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-19-2022, 01:56 PM

Heck yeah! Another follower! Lol.
It's @derpymcblueeyes

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 12-19-2022, 03:39 PM

Oh wow, where do I even start?
Well, my time on Mene truly was before the big dire uncertain times, but I owe a lot of y'all for taking me in and being such a wonderful community for me during some of the hardest times of my life!
That said, I just celebrated my 26th birthday in November-- and boy has my life changed in the last few years.

In 2019, I dealt with a few bad things pre-panini including my very close friend and I having a falling out after I realized just how toxic they were. The things that came in the after were very hard to deal with and caused me to become a lot more reclusive until recently. The only good thing to note that year was me adopting my cat Gunnar in December. I got to ring in the new year with a lovable baby who has since integrated well in my household.
I actually came out as nonbinary this year. I have been testing the waters since.

In 2020,
My partner moved in and it was great. Unfortunately, the panini hit and it definitely took a toll on everyone. On top of that, we had a few relationship issues we have since worked through, but it was a very tumultuous time... all things considered.

Somewhere between 2020 and 2021 I shaved my head, left teaching, and settled back into another (less enjoyable) job in the meantime.

In 2022,
Things have been interesting this year. Due to the pandemic and me having medical issues, it has been hard to get out, but this year I actually took the time to step into the uncomfortable. I have mild agoraphobia I have been working on and I:
Went to a birthday party in April!
Took a week long trip in May with a few friends!
Took a weekend trip in August with my partner to see a band I really love. Despite my chronic pain, I toughed it out the concert and it was fairly enjoyable.
I am gearing up to move spring of next year with my partner and a good friend of mine. I am ready to start a new chapter and while I am stressed, this is welcome stress.

I also got diagnosed with quite a few things and am working through them medically.

I am so happy to be back on Mene. I have wanted to throw myself back on here, but never really had the energy. I think I do now, and I see some familiar faces after we all got that email so I hope at least some of us stay while they work out the kinks.

I have to say though, looking at my old posts, I have no idea how y'all tolerated me during my teen years, haha. I know I was going through something fierce, but oh my!
Needless to say, I am glad to be back. I hope everyone has been well, and I look forward to seeing the future of mene!

Edit: I want to add that if anyone recognizes me and wants to keep up, feel free to DM me for other socials! I dont see myself being super active on mene, but I wont disappear for years on end this time.

Last edited by DaisyKeehl; 12-19-2022 at 03:41 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-20-2022, 01:51 AM

During that time i moved across the country to NC, bought a house and got married.

Life has been a trip... But after 2020 I've basically just lived at home and worked from a closet as an office.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-22-2022, 06:38 AM

It's cool how much everyone has grown over the past few years, even with COVID (btw I am so on-board with calling it "the panini") essentially stopping things for 2 years.

I think I was last active on Mene in 2018 or 2019?
Since then, I have:
  1. Moved from Southern California to the Bay Area
  2. Started working in tech full-time
  3. Played a lot of FFXIV. Finished 3 Ultimate raids in that time
  4. Completed my bachelor's degrees in Computer Science (It only took 6-8 years lmao)
  5. Met and started dating my partner in 2021 - it has its complications, but it's been very fulfilling
  6. Visited another country for the first time since I was 14! (Mexico)
  7. Went on a solo-vacation for the first time

Enchanted_191

Old 12-29-2022, 04:49 PM

Well, for one this is my mule since I don't have access anymore to my main account due to not having that e-mail anymore(I was Macsen191) I've been floating around on some other sites and all... and my baby is now 15 years old. I've moved 2 times and hopefully for the last time for awhile... were renting a really nice apt with handicap bathroom for me... oh yeah, my health has gone downhill, constant back pain, leg pain and my nuropathy is getting worse in my left foot. Um... other than that I have been good. It;s nice to see Mene again.

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-29-2022, 05:05 PM

OMG! I just got back into my main account.... I sooooo missed this account and this site! Ignore my mule about not getting into my main account, lol.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-29-2022, 07:34 PM

jeez let's see, well since the first time i left around 2012/3 i graduated high school, got out of that shitty grocery store job, and had an inpatient stay at the hospital for extreme Dissociation. i had a couple serious partners, and spent my 20s fucking around like an idiot i worked at Noodles and Company and my campus' LGBTQ student resource center, and i made a lot of posters and mac n cheese we threw a lot of queer activist events, and i got to meet Laverne Cox, Matt Kailey, Kate Bornstein, Janet Mock, and Buck Angel! i changed my major from Journalism to CompSci to Vocal Music Secondary Education to Linguistics and i learned a lot! i also procrastinated a lot, and slept very little...

somewhere during all of that, i returned to Mene (idk maybe 2015?) and puttered around the rapidly declining site. honestly, i remember people most of all from when i was here during 2015-2019. i wasn't really all that active on mene before then, because it was so busy i got overwhelmed, so i would just stick to the same 10 threads talking to all the same people. but when i came back, i got really into hosting event threads, doing tarot, and drawing banners. i've always liked making banners on Mene. graphic design is my passion during that time while i was on Mene again, i met my forever partner and moved across the country to be with him (from Colorado to New York) and also to go to SUNY Albany to study Linguistics and Spanish.

since i left in like 2019, i got into pixel art and i realized that i actually can do what the pixel artists on here do?? like idk i always thought you had to go to school for it and that there would be a really sharp learning curve, but actually it's really come to me like second nature, and i didn't even realize it, but i've been practicing pixels and animation since at least 2011.

i also graduated college!!! finally!!!!!!!!!!! after 7 years! none of my family cared or tried to come to my graduation since it was during COVID, and i literally waited a year to send them the pictures because i was so salty, but i didn't say anything so it was on me i guess. i just kinda wanted them to ask on their own whether i was having a graduation? or idk call me and congratulate me or something? but it's fine, i know how hard i worked, and i know that i earned it and what effect it has on my life, so that's all that matters.

and just recently, the day before Christmas, my partner proposed that i be his forever person! on one knee, with matching black rings with blue indents for us, inscribed with "I Love You". we caught it on video too because we were doing a photoshoot, but the camera was aimed wrong for us to be standing in those positions because i was aiming the camera and i wasn't expecting it at all, so you only get our knees but you can hear what we said, so it's ok. i'm Disabled, so we're not getting married or changing anything legally, but it's about the commitment. and we're going to Disney World on a "honeymoon", which will be so much better than a big stinkin wedding with people who didn't even care enough to go to my graduation

and most recently, before Mene came back from death, i was still checking at least once a month, and i was still making a bunch of single-equip avis and embracing my newbie nature i had quit facebook and insta, so i'm on the search for new places online to go that won't sap my energy as much, and i've been making good progress at not mindlessly scrolling when i go places, and instead going to a website with a search in mind and actively going to seek out things i'll enjoy and will enrich me. this year, i set a ton of goals, and i achieved a lot of them. i did a habit tracker for the first four months, and it got me good at brushing my teeth and other ADLs, and i started doing a drawing every day in my planner's calendar, in the square for that day, so i can easily see the last time i did it. all the way through July, i did every single day, and since then i've still been doing at least 1/3 of the month.

i'm sure there's a lot more, but i've typed so much already i should just save it for a memory jar

Last edited by ghostPastry; 12-29-2022 at 07:36 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-02-2023, 08:34 AM

Been a while, don't know when I was last seriously active.

1) In 2016, got married to my husband and honeymooned in Ireland which was my dream.
2) In 2017, we bought a house!
3) In 2018, we vacationed in Iceland which was beautiful. I also had the opportunity to leave my current school (I'm an elementary music teacher) and open a brand new school in my district. I became teacher of the year at my school that year and really heavily invested time into building my program.
4) In 2020, The pandemic hit and my job hasn't looked the same since.
5) I live in stupid Florida so they forced teachers to go back to work in the middle of a pandemic but also made us teach online at the same time. And as a music teacher was told my kids were only allowed to sing outside. Imagine, in your mind, me taking 15 kids outside to sing in 90°F with a laptop for the other 8 kids in your class to be part of your lesson...spotty internet, school next to a major highway, wearing a mask, had to wash every instrument in my class after anyone touched it. Oh it sucked .
5) Also in 2020 - found out I was pregnant with my baby boy!!
6) In January 2021, got COVID while pregnant in my 2nd trimester. Worst experience. No one really knew how it would affect my baby and I got realllllllly sick
7) May 2021 - gave birth to my healthy and beautiful baby boy! He is a true Mommy's Boy and my mini-me! We share the same red hair and blue eyes! He is my world! And, if you didn't know, I'm adopted. My lovey is the only person in the world I know im blood related to - it is a surreal feeling.
8) Battled some really awful PPD and PPA and took meds for it for anxiety and depression for the 1st time in my life. I've always had severe anxiety. Taking meds was an amazing experience for me because, for the 1st time ever, I felt the edge of my anxiety lifting!
9) In 2022, my job FINALLY let me start singing inside again AND we had our first concert in years!
10) In 2022, found out we are due with our 2nd, and final, child in May 2023! This baby is also a little boy! Im super nervous about adding a 2nd child into the mix but im also super excited to complete our family!

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-05-2023, 10:03 PM

Been away for a couple of years maybe? :O

- Started learning game development
- Started learning 3d modeling and blender
- Drawing more and improving a lot!
- Traveled a lot of places, mostly some western states like Colorado, Nevada, South Dakota, etc. Went to Florida a few times.
- Last year I had a huge health scare and was diagnosed with a medical condition I didn't want to have. Made a big lifestyle change and it's no longer a diagnosis (so long as I keep the changes). Lost a bunch of weight in the process. I'm about 70% to where I'd like to be, so I hope to get there this year.
- Started playing D&D and I'm really into it, and having a good time. :3

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-07-2023, 07:45 AM

I suppose a lot has happened in the past years the sight was dead, some good, a lot of not so great. I don't think I'll dive too incredibly deeply into some of the bad things between having cancer and then having covid on top of the cancer. Both are gone now but its been a rough run. I changed jobs, traveled a little, witnessed the birth of two more children for my sister. Time kinda flies doesn't it.

Narren7
: Dazed & Confused :

Old 01-07-2023, 08:19 PM

Hi all, I used to check in pretty much daily until the flash games perma borked.
That really bummed me out..

Let’s see…
  • 2016 My mom was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor.
  • 2017 Her health really started failing…
  • 2018 Was the absolute worst, she died…
  • 2019 - Now. Just been kind of existing & doing the best that I can daily I guess?

Not everything has been awful though.
There’s been several weddings and a handful of littles born into the fam.

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-07-2023, 09:52 PM

Menewsha showed up in my FB feed the other day. Looks like I was last on around May of 2020.

*Work has been nuts since the pandemic. I work in healthcare, so masks and safety goggles still, you have to be vaccinated, covid rapid testing as needed, lots of prevention practices. And with being short-staffed, it's like the higher-ups have determined we are work horses capable of handling more than they thought. Lots of stress, short-staffing, insane multitasking, so much running, etc.

*Other than that, not anything very exciting. Got tattoo number 21 yesterday. I get outside for fresh air and walks with my friends to de-stress, for photography, and to go rock picking. I started a blog, I've been reading more the last couple years. I spent 530 hours listening to Spotify last year. Still close to my family and they've all been relatively well.

*Basically just YOLO all the way~

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-21-2023, 03:26 AM

Ooo it's been so long that I have to actually THINK about when I left to do this properly. lol. ...June 2018 by the looks of my Mene Jar thread. Oh boy.

* Had a revelation to make my own stuff instead of stuff for Menewsha and left to star working on my own project.
* I honestly don't remember much of 2018. Weed became legal in October for Canada. lol.
* Started cutting again at some point here.

* An old friend gifted us a new one because his girlfriend was allergic to him. Sweet cat man named Sylvester. He follows my daughter like he shadow.
* Laid off the weed a bit. Was really bad for a while there... Like nine to thirteen halfers a day bad.
* Was put in a titty comic called CaveWoman. (I have Fetish model history I'll leave it at that) but like yay boobs and dinosaurs.

* Was sent to a mental hospital against my will. I was in there for three months and lost three commissions because my mom didn't think it was a good idea to bring my old sketchbook and got me a new one... THREE COMMISSONS! >:( I sunk deeper into depression and became rageful aswell as manic.
* Finally got my beginner's license at 38.
* Left my boyfriend of 13 years because he pulled my grandson's tail and helped put me in the mental ward. - Yes I'm a Cat grandma.

* In April I got my Lasik surgery finally! I can now wear glasses for merely fashion. It's like a miracle every time I wake up. Sometimes I still look for my glasses on my nightstand.
* Started redoing old Cosplays to reflect my new skills. :D Been taking secret pictures and stockpiling them for when I get the balls to set up my pay site again...yes I've made website before.
* Got sent to the mental hospital again. Only there for 2 weeks this time.
* Got sent to the mental hospital again. Only two days this time.
* Hit my goal weight of 140 this year. Going for 130 next year.
* Started dating a lovely new person.
* Was put in a titty comic called Cavewoman AGAIN. O.o I don't see myself as attractive so I'm honestly at a loss. I guess I'm a reoccurring character now. I'm shocked.

* Got put on a new prescription for insomnia that has yet to work for me. Also I got three bad side effects. Made an appointment. Can't get in till February.

That about wraps it up. To the people that wrote their lives in point form. I appreciate you.