PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-16-2023, 11:06 PM

So I probably should have just started this thread in a test forum anyway and had it moved when I was ready, but I honestly didn't think of it at the time. I suck

Anyway, I'm creating the set up for a thread, and I intend to repeatedly post to contain the necessary information (intro, rules, etc) yet my posts immediately merged due to the double-posting thingy, y'know what I mean. There must be a work around for this, but I don't recall - other than it, perhaps, being in the test forum to begin with! Rather than PM another staff member like I did to get permission to do this thread, I figured I'd use this forum for its intended purpose!

Last edited by PWEEP; 02-16-2023 at 11:33 PM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2023, 11:29 PM

Hehe! Certainly! So the system auto merges all posts made one after the other by the same user unless a certain amount of time passes between the two posts, OR...

You click on "Go Advanced" next to "Post Quick Reply"
Once you have pushed the "Go Advanced" button, scroll down to "Additional Option"
Then click on "Override double post"
Then click on "Submit Reply"

If I'm not available, PM me or any of the other staff when you are ready to lock your old thread.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-16-2023, 11:33 PM

Ah, hell, I remember that now! You've been such a help to me, and I feel like such a 'stuff-for-brains' Thank you, for the ten millionth time, regarding this thread of mine.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-17-2023, 12:33 AM

You are welcome!

You should have seen me the first time someon asked for help changing their email and password when I came back this last December!

*Carn - Instilling user confidence in AAs one post at a time*