Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-08-2023, 05:56 PM

Yeah. I saw that stuff on social media before it even released. :C

Oh no! That’s so sad, zig! XD You didn’t flag it or take a screenshot? D: Was it a code for in-game clothes?? Happy you finally started tho! Which starter did you choose? O: Are you gonna go to the gym first or battle a titan(?) or battle team star first? :’D I finally beat my first gym. XD It was the bug gym leader in the olive festival town… Can’t remember names. XP

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-08-2023, 07:25 PM

I did flag it! But then it just poofed. [sad] Thankfully it wasn't for any cosmetic items, it was for a healing pack with potions and revives and a nugget and stuff like that. Nice stuff but not exclusive. Still, it bugs me, gar!

Anyway, I only just got to the school "town" and bought some new clothes stuffs. I haven't really started the school storyline yet so I'm not really sure what you're talking about but I'm sure I'll get to it soonish...

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-08-2023, 07:51 PM

Oh, glad it wasn't some limited item, then. XD That's too bad, tho. :C I was actually able to get 100 pokeballs thanks to Hadsie buying the double pack of the games. It's really nice having so many pokeballs. XD

Gosh, that's not a town, that's a castle town! XD I can't believe how huge and spacious it is... lol You'll see what I'm talking about then. > o> It was funny how quickly several months (I think it was) passed. Taking classes is sorta cute.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-08-2023, 08:02 PM

Ooh, that is a lot of pokeballs!!! The town is kind of eh. I can see what one person said about the shops being pretty underdeveloped. The shop interface is meh. Having so many cafes scattered around and so many clothing stores with so few options is also eh. I dunno, it's pretty from afar but just seems ridiculously oversized and empty when you're actually there.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-08-2023, 08:53 PM

Yep, I totally agree. XP I hate how there's like no houses you can enter in any of the towns/cities, just your home. So different from previous games. AND you can interact with every pokemon, but not every human... It's so sad... I don't care for all the boring storefronts either. But I do think the environment/setting is very cool and pretty in its own way. I actually really like climbing/jumping around on the rooftops though after you get to ride on your koraidon/miraidon. XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2023, 03:59 PM

Oh I didn't realize that all of the towns are going to be like that. That is a letdown since I always enjoyed wandering in people's houses to say hello. Lame... I have to say that I haven't really been taken with most of the games after pokemon Sun and Moon. I didn't like the whole raid battles thing of pokemon Sword and never got past the second town (though I do keep meaning to go back and give it a go). I picked up the Diamond remake as well but didn't like the art of it so I haven't really advanced in that one either. I had some hope after Arceus because I really liked the open world and exploration aspects. But yeah, I dunno, not super excited by what I've heard about Violet so far but we'll see. I just keep giving them my money and it sucks because I think they should put more effort into making the games better and focus less on the schedule of getting multiple games out every year. Anyway, thank you for attending my pokemon Ted Talk, lol!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-09-2023, 06:41 PM

Well, I've only been to one other town (Cortondo) after leaving Mesagoza so far and the only place I could enter was the gym which was disappointing. I think my favorite thing so far is just exploring the country and finding free items. XD There are some interesting mysterious ruins you come across, though.

I loved Leon, his brother, and Piers in Sword and Shield so I played just to see them. XD I loved seeing relics/historical artifacts inspired by British history too.

There do seem to be some cool gym leader and elite four characters in these games at least. I actually really love finding pokemon with unique tera types too. I love that a pokemon can basically be any type now. I do wish they hadn't rushed it, cuz it certainly feels rushed..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2023, 08:13 PM

Yeah, I think the exploring the wild part is going to be my favorite. Plus clothes, I hope I won't have to wear my school uniform forever, lol!

I'll get back to Sword one of these days...but now that I've picked up Violet I should stick with that one for the time being I think. Either that or go finish up Arceus since I left that one hanging but much closer to the end, lol!

I feel eh about the tera types. I think of them as "bedazzled". I just wanna play pokemon, I don't want any gimicky battle stuff with giganto pokemon and mega pokemon and all that jazz. Just give me good old fashioned battles I say!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-09-2023, 08:22 PM

lol I do think the way they made tera types look was really silly. But like, what's the point of making the same game with the same mechanics over and over again then...? The catch and battle and repeat formula has gotten boring. I love seeing new forms of old pokemon... It's like fanart of a beloved character.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2023, 08:56 PM

Hrm, I guess for me the appeal is the new world and new pokemon. I don't need new battle mechanics but that's just me! I'm a bit old fashioned, haha!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-09-2023, 11:00 PM

I definitely loved seeing the new world when they released Black and White. * o* I guess I can understand what you mean. X3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-10-2023, 03:29 AM

I did NOT like black and white. The encounter rate in that game was freaking ridiculous, I could not even deal.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-10-2023, 06:42 PM

lol I just loved how the environment and buildings and structures looked in Black and White. And the camera angles were cool. And I loved N. ; w;

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-10-2023, 09:19 PM

Yeah, that's true, it was pretty revolutionary at the time!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2023, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Oh, I hadn't heard that but I also haven't done a lot of research into the game. That's not awesome.

Also, I FINALLY started playing Pokemon Violet. Y'all should be proud because I've been saying I would for like EVER. I'm sad though as the reason I was finally pushed to start it was that I had preordered the game on Amazon and today was the final day to redeem the preorder code except when I went to do it, the email with the code that's been sitting in my inbox for MONTHS is nowhere to be found. I'm so sad. Guess I'll be missing out.
Sucks about that code, but let me know if you ever want me to send you some of the version exclusives! I have Scarlet. Congrats on starting!

As for me, one of my favourite games was Crystal because I loved the Gold/Silver world, the ability to customize my pokeballs/gather acorns for specific balls.
And while I did enjoy the story and a lot of the characters in Sword and Shield, after Black/White and Sun/Moon, I think only Legends Arceus was one I really loved and just binge-played through it.

Last edited by ReiyukaE; 03-13-2023 at 04:25 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2023, 03:12 PM

Ooh, thanks! I'll have to keep you in mind. I'm still so close to the beginning I don't know what the exclusives are yet. I'm still in the school "exploring". Hopefully I can get back out in the open world again soon!

My favorite pokemon game was Sapphire. I played the crap out of that game. The remake of that one was really good too!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-13-2023, 04:26 PM

Oooh, yeaaaah, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were really good too! I remember playing it a whole lot.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-15-2023, 07:07 PM

I had a complete pokedex for that one minus a couple of version exclusives I couldn't get.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 03-17-2023, 03:07 AM

I got the new Theatrhythm... and OMG, it's great. I wish there was more XIV character representation, though. (No Alisae? No Estinien? boooooo...)

Also picked up .hack//G.U.(the remaster), but I'm still on volume 1 -- nowhere near the new material yet.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-17-2023, 03:04 PM

Oooh, I love me some .hack! I've never played the games but I loved the .hack//sign show and the music is phenomenal.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2023, 12:04 AM

So I finally picked up a couple of the Picross games. I've been playing their demos for a couple of years now but never made the jump. They're having a 20% off sale now and I decided to jump on it. Has anyone else played?

alonegirl-rocks-the-world
As long as you remember her, you...

Old 04-23-2023, 12:36 AM

i played a ton of the pokemon picross game on 3DS back in the day! i'm sort of curious if it plays much differently on switch. (i was also eyeing Murder by Numbers which is a picross/murder mystery game that looked really fun...)

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-25-2023, 02:17 PM

I miss playing my switch... I wanna pick up Ring Fit Adventure and Pokemon and Botw again... ;; o;; I can't believe there's gonna be a new Zelda next month!!!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-25-2023, 03:40 PM

I never played Picross on the other platforms so I can't testify to the difference but I do really like it!

I played Ring Fit Adventure a bit during the pandemic but it's been sitting in my drawer gathering dust since then...

I have picked BOTW back up though! I've been debating buying it for the Switch since the one I have is on the Wii U but I'm so close to being nearly 100% on the game with one of the DLC packs so I don't think I will. Trying to gather the last of the Korok seeds now. I'll definitely be preording the next game. I'm curious how it plays in with Skyward Sword and if this game is a prequel for BOTW. I'm a little bit shocked at the prices though. $70 is getting pretty steep.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-25-2023, 03:52 PM

Yeah, I got really into it during the pandemic too~ I think it really improved my energy and flexibility.. ; o;

Nice! I've been looking for all the koroks lately in between side quests. I still haven't gone to hyrule castle... I thought Tears of the Kingdom was a sequel to botw? It is pretty cool to see a sky region again~ Yeah, games are so expensive. And I would really love to have the collector's edition. orz