Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-29-2023, 07:54 AM

I might actually reach 50 then

I decided to start an Official List here of What I have read this year, and what I plan to read next.

What I have read -
Audible Words and Music series -
1 - Welcome to my Panic - Billie Jo Armstrong
2 - Upon Reflection - Sting
3 - A New Moon - Brandy Norwood
4 - Alanis Morisette - Alanis Morisette

Game of Thrones -
5 - A Dance With Dragons

School for Good and Evil -
6 - A World Without Princes
7 - The Last Ever After
8 - The Quest for Glory (Technically this one isn't finished, but I'm on the last chapter and I'll have it finished today)

Manga -
9-15 - Akatsuki no Yona - Volumes 27-33
16-17 - Demon Slayer - Volumes 1-2

Sooooooo with the addition of Manga to the list we can see where most of Cora's reading goes to these days. Even without the Manga there were a couple Titles I had forgotten about when going through my list. So I'd say I'm doing good. Woot Woot!

In Case Anyone is Curious, Next Up on my Reading Lists -

-Words and Music Series (I think there is currently 35 or 36 in total, I'm not going to list them out)
-The School for Good and Evil Books 5-6
-Twisted Tales - Almost There and When you Wish Upon a Star (New additions to a series I was caught up on)
-The Language of Thorns series
-The Wheel of Time Series

Manga -
-Finish Akatsuki No Yona (If any of you like Manga, this series is very very good)
-Finish Demon Slayer
-Re-read Citrus
-This Witch of Mine
-Princess AI

Last edited by Cora; 03-29-2023 at 01:20 PM..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-29-2023, 02:59 PM

Manga are books! ; A; Fictional books with text are called novels. > o> I've been reading several graphic novels lately. I wonder how much I've read this year... Speaking of novels, I just started reading The Traveling Cat Chronicles and wow I can't believe how much the beginning made me cry. D:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-29-2023, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Manga are books! ; A; Fictional books with text are called novels. > o> I've been reading several graphic novels lately. I wonder how much I've read this year... Speaking of novels, I just started reading The Traveling Cat Chronicles and wow I can't believe how much the beginning made me cry. D:
The Traveling Cat Chronicles. Never heard of that, but the title alone has me interested

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-29-2023, 09:48 PM

The title sure caught my attention too. XD It's by a Japanese author and is set in Japan too so that's pretty cool~

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-29-2023, 10:10 PM

Oh that makes me even more interested! I love reading about Japan >...>

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 03-30-2023, 01:33 PM

I just finished 5 more books- the faerie games series by michelle madow. (on amazon kindle, right now free for prime members.) I'm considering reading the other 4 series in that um... collection? (i think that's what it's called when it's separate series but they're all related/same universe?) It was pretty good. Easy to read.

So now i'm at 8 books so far this year. i think if my adhd allows, 50 shouldn't be too difficult.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-30-2023, 01:43 PM

Haven't finished any books this month.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-30-2023, 07:45 PM

I count manga on my reading list. I haven't read any this year but I have included them on past lists.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-30-2023, 09:06 PM

I might actually read another Manga today, though I haven't decided if I'm going to save my weekly dose of Demon Slayer for sunday, or if I will start that today. Its for book club so I can only read so much in a day. I might just stick with Yona

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-31-2023, 12:27 AM

I used to read and own a ton of Manga.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-31-2023, 03:07 PM

I do love manga but I hate the price tags of buying and collecting manga. I only own like 2.5 series and a couple of miscellaneous copies for that reason.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-31-2023, 11:26 PM

I read most of my stuff online. I pay for a couple subscription type thingies. Mostly because buying the actual books takes up far too much space in my little apartment.

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 04-01-2023, 06:37 AM

Lately i have been reading mostly online too because i owe my local library late fees/lost books i moved like 4 times since they were checked out. They are probably just in the boxes of books that i have sitting in the garage, but it's too much effort to check, bring what i find back to the library and pay the fines. I'd rather just keep the books because the library has already replaced them. So instead i use kindle.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-01-2023, 10:13 AM

Been there >...>

A story I'm not really proud of - I stole a first edition copy of The Hobbit from my local library and just paid the library fees. They had no idea what they had so they were none the wiser. I did donate a big box of books later on because I felt guilty though >.......>

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-01-2023, 05:35 PM

As a library worker, you guys are making me sad. ; A;

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-01-2023, 09:40 PM

I did say I wasn't proud of it, It definitely was not my finest hour. But such a rare book was being under appreciated in the library. I also didn't do it for the money (because its worth a lot, even in rough condition), but to preserve it. In the library nobody knew what it was so they weren't being careful with it. It had food stains and bent over corners and what not. I did donate 3 copies of the Hobbit in that box of books. Brand new. Among many other classics.....I spent nearly $500 on new books for them.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-02-2023, 04:19 AM

I used to own a ton of manga series. I got them from my, then, local comic book shop. Then when I was ready to let go I donated them to my, now, library and they were going to put them into circulation.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-03-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I did say I wasn't proud of it, It definitely was not my finest hour. But such a rare book was being under appreciated in the library. I also didn't do it for the money (because its worth a lot, even in rough condition), but to preserve it. In the library nobody knew what it was so they weren't being careful with it. It had food stains and bent over corners and what not. I did donate 3 copies of the Hobbit in that box of books. Brand new. Among many other classics.....I spent nearly $500 on new books for them.
Woah! That's so sad! Unfortunately that happens to most library books, even if they're rare or out of print... Though some libraries do preserve collections they deem special. Would think there is a library out there that has one preserved. Definitely nice of you to spend so much on books for them. O:

That's awesome, Kirin. O:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-03-2023, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Woah! That's so sad! Unfortunately that happens to most library books, even if they're rare or out of print... Though some libraries do preserve collections they deem special. Would think there is a library out there that has one preserved. Definitely nice of you to spend so much on books for them. O:

That's awesome, Kirin. O:
I think Libraries are wonderful places, so I never wanted to rob them of what they were intended for. I usually give all the books I'm done with from my own collections as well. Books are intended to be loved. I should seek out a library that knows the worth of the book I took so it too can be appreciated and loved. I really truly only ever wanted to save it from being destroyed.

Fun story on books being loved though - when I lend people my books I make them sign inside the front cover, so that anyone who touches that book in the future knows how loved it is. My copy of the Sorcerers stone was read and signed so many times I had to retire it, because the binding was falling apart. I kept it though.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-04-2023, 02:19 AM

I don't like lending my books out. Have had bad experiences.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-04-2023, 11:43 AM

I have very strict rules, that if someone breaks them, they are never allowed to borrow books from me again.

---------- Post added 04-04-2023 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I might actually reach 50 then

I decided to start an Official List here of What I have read this year, and what I plan to read next.

What I have read -
Audible Words and Music series -
1 - Welcome to my Panic - Billie Jo Armstrong
2 - Upon Reflection - Sting
3 - A New Moon - Brandy Norwood
4 - Alanis Morisette - Alanis Morisette

Game of Thrones -
5 - A Dance With Dragons

School for Good and Evil -
6 - A World Without Princes
7 - The Last Ever After
8 - The Quest for Glory (Technically this one isn't finished, but I'm on the last chapter and I'll have it finished today)

Manga -
9-15 - Akatsuki no Yona - Volumes 27-33
16-17 - Demon Slayer - Volumes 1-2

Sooooooo with the addition of Manga to the list we can see where most of Cora's reading goes to these days. Even without the Manga there were a couple Titles I had forgotten about when going through my list. So I'd say I'm doing good. Woot Woot!

In Case Anyone is Curious, Next Up on my Reading Lists -

-Words and Music Series (I think there is currently 35 or 36 in total, I'm not going to list them out)
-The School for Good and Evil Books 5-6
-Twisted Tales - Almost There and When you Wish Upon a Star (New additions to a series I was caught up on)
-The Language of Thorns series
-The Wheel of Time Series

Manga -
-Finish Akatsuki No Yona (If any of you like Manga, this series is very very good)
-Finish Demon Slayer
-Re-read Citrus
-This Witch of Mine
-Princess AI
I started the 5th book in the School for Good and Evil!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-04-2023, 01:38 PM

That's a great list Cora.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-04-2023, 03:55 PM

I just finished the book I was reading "Acne". It was okay, I liked it but it wasn't amazing. The art book was up for renewal at the library so I took it back and ended up coming home with two other books which is bad because I'm already reading so many and I have books I should be trying to read and donate before I move.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 04-04-2023, 08:15 PM

you have a problem ziggie what books are they?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-04-2023, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
you have a problem ziggie what books are they?
I feel this problem so so hard though. I can't even fault her