vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-16-2009, 06:25 PM

You've been wandering a while in the Celestial Bazaar and find yourself in front of a large blue tent. As you approach the tent a few children leave with little cages, each with small fluffs of some creature.
Entering the tent, you see a vast mini environment displayed before you, with miniature trees, simple beds and even a pool! What's even more striking is the number of little animals moving all around. Most no larger than your palm, some even smaller than that!
A person with curly aqua hair walks up to you with a creature on his shoulder.
"Welcome to my store," he says with a warm, broad smile. "These are Menshuus," as he gestures to the vast area of the tent you see the creature on his shoulder twitch and it starts to purr for attention, "and I am Artemis. Oh! This is Orion. He's a Tokii. Isn't he adorable?" Artemis scratches between Orion's twinned ears. The purr is much more audible now, even in the noise of the tent.
"Here," Artemis grabs your hand, "let me show you around."

Welcome!
Hello! And Welcome to Menshuu Grove! Menshuu Grove is where you can get cute little pets called Menshuus! Menshuus are small pets found only at the Celestial Grove and are from mysterious origins. Many believe that Menshuus are actually offsprings of the pets found in the celestial heavens, but it's really all hearsay. Anyway, please enjoy the Grove and have a look around! XD

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-19-2009 at 02:43 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-16-2009, 06:26 PM

1. Please follow all of the forum rules and ToS on Menewsha. We're here to have fun after all! =)
  2. Please no spamming or advertising.
  3. Donations or tips are encouraged. =) Artemis works hard to breed and find the perfect Menshuu, just for you! (Orion does too!)
  4. Please DO NOT steal any of my artwork! D=<
  5. Please Do Not haggle prices. Artemis keeps these prices that way for a reason. However, Lulu doesn't mind trading once in a while. May I suggest keeping an eye on Lulu's Fad List to see what type of items she's looking for.
  6. The more you post, the more Artemis knows you'd like really like to take home a Menshuu. He might even put in the extra effort to find you the perfect one. =)
  7. Role playing is NOT required, however, you can if you want to.
  8. I will not tolerate l33t sp34k, and so forth. Please speak proper English. Thank you.
  9. Please fill out the ordering forms. It's the only way I know that you've read something AND that you want to order in the first place.

Table of Contents

Intro
Welcome
Grove Rules
Types of Menshuus
  • Tokii
  • Saja
  • Goji
Pricing Guide
Artemis' Journal
Breeding
Lulu's Shoppe
Ordering Forms
Search List
Menshuu Owners

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-18-2009 at 08:14 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

There a multiple types of Menshuus, however the most common and readily available currently are 3 different types. Each Menshuu has two growth cycles, Baby and Adult, unless otherwise stated. Depending how long it takes to grow and mature depends on individual breeds. Size also differs among breeds. Depending on the season or even just randomly, Artemis might have a special type of Menshuu in stock, but these are often limited in number and colors.

Tokii Menshuu
pronounced as "toe-key"

Description: Small and fluffy, the Tokii is a perfect shoulder companion. They show their appreciation through purring and squeaking. You can tell when a Tokii is happy if the tails are entwined and it is purring loudly.
Size: When they are an adult they grow up to the size of your palm. The babies start off no bigger than pinky-size.
Matures within: 2 weeks (14 days)
Can Breed With: Tokii, Saja

Common Coat Colors: white or cream
Common Coat Features/Details: none/plain

Uncommon Coat Colors: Tan, black, or Reddish-brown
Uncommon Coat Features/Details:black stripes or white stripes

Saja Menshuu
pronounced as "sah-jah"

Description: Sajas make perfect pets! . They have curled horns when born and continue to grow from then on. Sajas are much more happier with sanded horns, they're also much more manageable with smaller horns. Lucky for you, Artemis sends Lala to keep the horns trimmed for you for free! =)
Size: A baby Saja is about palm-size when born and about a foot tall as an adult(about the size of a small dog)
Matures within: 8 weeks (54 days)
Can Breed With: Tokii, Saja

Common Coat Colors: white or Tan
Common Coat Features/Details: none/plain

Uncommon Coat Colors: gray, mint, or orange
Uncommon Coat Features/Details:black stripes or white spotted coat

Goji Menshuu
pronounced as "goh-gee"

Description: Gojis are one of the few Menshuus that actually live underwater. Very graceful, Gojis are known for their "dances." A Goji dance consists of the Goji twirling and spinning in water with varying speeds in an elegant fashion and look very similar to ribbon dances because of their long, gossamer fins.
Size: A baby Goji is born about an inch or so in length, while an adult Goji is about a foot long in body length.
Matures within: 6 weeks (42 days)
Can Breed With: Goji

Common Body Colors: white or sky-blue
Common Fin/Horn Colors: cream or blue
Common Scale Features/Details: none/plain

Uncommon Body Colors: black, red, or turquoise
Uncommon Fin/Horn Colors: yellow, fire (red/orange), water (blue/green)
Uncommon Scale Features/Details: black tipped or white tipped

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-19-2009 at 03:08 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Process
Once you have determined what type of Menshuu you'd like, please tell Artemis and fill out and post the form that is provided below. Once posted, I will post your username on the "Searching..." list. When you see your name on the list, please send a trade with the correct payment to me, vaettermaiden. Then, once Artemis finds your Menshuu, I will accept the trade and send you your Menshuu and ID/certificate.

Notice :: Don't forget to look at Lulu's Shoppe! Lulu's provides you with all of your accessory and item needs for your little Menshuu! You can find her here or scroll down.

Notice :: Sometimes Artemis will find rare Menshuu to sell to happy homes! Remember they are rare, and come in limited quantities and colors. To learn about any new Menshuus that Artemis finds as well as tips about breedings and such go to Artemis' Journal, or just scroll down.

Pricing
  • All common colors and features on the most common Menshuus (Tokii, Saja, and Goji) are at a flat rate of 250G.
  • An uncommon color is an additional 50G. **Except: Goji's uncommon body color and uncommon fin/horn color are 25G.
  • An uncommon feature is an additional 100G.
  • You can only get one coat/body color and one feature on one Menshuu. Gojis are the only Menshuus that have two color selections, one for the body and one for the fin/horn.
  • At this moment, you can only purchase adults. Sometimes Artemis will list some Menshuus that can be bought as babies. You'll find the update for that in Artemis' Journal.

Example: If you wanted a Tokii with a common coat color (white) with a common coat feature (plain), the total price would equal to 250G.
Example: if you wanted a Saja with an uncommon coat color (orange) with an uncommon coat feature (white spots), the total price would equal 400G.
Example: if you wanted a Goji with a common body color (white) with uncommon Fin/Horn colors (red/orange) and the common scale feature/detail (plain), the total price would equal to 275G.

Pricing for special, rare Menshuus are listed in Artemis' Journal. Rare colors and features for common Menshuu (Tokii, Saja, and Goji) are also listed and priced in Artemis' Journal and are for limited times.

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-18-2009 at 10:53 PM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Sales
Hello Everyone! Artemis, here! Being that this is the first discovery of the Celestial Bazaar in a long time, Maiden asked me to lower the price of some of the Menshuu. Soo...Here are some opening sales! =3 Just copy, fill out and post the simple sales code below each!

Adult Tokiis with cream, plain coats are now only a flat rate of 150G each!
PHP Code:
[BI'd like an [B]Opening sale Tokii[/B] PLEASE! [/b]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Menshuu Name:[/B] 
[B]Menshuu Gender:[/B] 
[B]Additional Accessories:[/B] 
Adult Sajas with white, plain coats are now only a flat rate of 150G each!
PHP Code:
[BI'd like an [B]Opening sale Saja[/B] PLEASE! [/b]
Adult Gojis with white, plain-scaled bodies and cream colored fins/horn are now only a flat rate of 150G each!
PHP Code:
[BI'd like an [B]Opening sale Goji/B] PLEASE! [/b]
***Adult Menshuu for sales are unable to breed***

Limited Edition Sales
Since no one claimed any of the babies from the first limited sale, I sent them to my home to raise them. However, a new bundle of babies have recently came from my darlings, Sasha, Neon, and Morrigan.

Baby Sajas with tan and spotted (black) coats are now 400G each!
1 Boy(s) + 1 Girl(s) = Total of 2
PHP Code:
[BI'd like a [B]Limited Edition Baby Saja! PLEASE! [/b]
Baby Goji with fire fins and scales are now 450G each!
2 Boys + 2 Girls = Total of 4
PHP Code:
[BI'd like a [B]Limited Edition Baby Goji! PLEASE! [/b]
Specials last until December 31st and are first come, first serve basis! Once the limited Menshuus are gone, there isn't anymore left.

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 12-02-2009 at 05:50 PM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-16-2009, 06:27 PM

Hey Everyone! Artemis here! I've been breeding Menshuu for a while and Menshuu breeding is very particular and a bit complex so I've created this guide just for all of you breeders out there!

Picking the Right Love

Picking the right Menshuu for your little Menshuu is key! Check out the list of Menshuu owners below to find the right match! Don't forget to send that person a PM or post on this thread. Both owners need to post the Breeding Form in order to match up. Unless you own both menshuus, then you only need to fill it out once. You can also used this thread for a breeding classifieds!

Sending the Form and Payment
Don't forget to send the breeding form that is found in the Order Forms section of this thread. Once you send in the form, you will basically be leaving your Menshuus with me. It costs 300G to breed Menshuu (which can be split even 150G per person). Then let the love begin!

Stages of Mating
Courtship
Male Menshuus court females in an elaborate show of affection. To help your little man out, Lulu has a few items that you can give to the female menshuu as a gift. Each gift has different effects and can change the outcome of the babies.
Courtship only lasts a total of 3 days once the mating begins (i.e. once you get put on the Breeding List).

Pregnancy
Once the female is pregnant (which you can keep track of on the Breeding List), the gestation period varies from Menshuu type. Tokiis are usually pregnant for 5 days. Sajas are pregnant for 10 days. And Sajas are pregnant for 5 days.
Special Menshuu that are of the most common types, have gestation periods that vary.
You can also buy items in Lulu's shop that shortens the pregnancy period or can alter the outcome of the babies.

Birth
Yay! You've gotten your babies! =) Menshuus always give birth in twos so you will always get two babies from a breeding (and they're usually identical twins, unless you get an item to change that). Babies can be found on the Babies List. Once the babies have been born, the owners of the parents must claim them (either you each get one or one of you get both), via post using the Baby Claiming Form. If no parents claim the babies on the list within the first 5 days after the birth, I will take them under my care.

How Does It Work?
I'm not going to explain where babies come from...:P however, I will take the time to explain a bit on how the baby outcome works.
Colors and Attributes
Each outcome can differ, even if two batches of kids come from the same set of parents. Instead of a mixture of the parents' colors and other attributes, it's all done through percentage. Even gender. Everything is a halfway split, however, sometimes there are mutations and the baby might not become either the color or attributes of the parents. But the percentage is very small.
Items
You can buy items in Lulu's Shoppe to help alter different attributes of the babies. ^_^ These change from time to time, and during different seasons, they might also change to match. Some items such as potions have varying potency as well.

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-19-2009 at 02:13 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Welcome to my Shoppe! I'm Lulu! Anything you need for raising and having fun with your Menshuu is all right here in my store! Please keep an eye out for specials and always check back to look at my wish list! Unlike Artemis, I enjoy items as payment, so you can offer me game items for Menshuu items!

However, I like only the types of things on my list (but that changes all the time) and even if you offer an item that fits the categories on the list, I might not like the item! It's all subjective for me (except for money, of course) and most barters and trades are. I'm just warning you in advanced so don't be angry if I reject your offer! >=D

With every Menshuu purchase you can get any accessory for 50% off! XD (Until December 1st)

Tokii Items

Saja Items

Tail Bows come in pink, purple, blue, orange, white or black.
Plain Tail Rings come in gold, silver, or copper.
Jeweled Tail Rings come in plain tail ring colors and can have either emeralds, rubies or amethysts.

Goji Items

Breeding Supplies

Certs

This is the basic cert and is completely free. =)

Things that are blue or starry
Things that are Christmasy

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-19-2009 at 03:11 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Normal Menshuu Ordering Form
PHP Code:
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Menshuu Grove[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[
I]I'd love to get a Menshuu of my very own! Find me this one, Artemis![/i] :heart:
[B]Username?[/b]
[b]What are you naming your Menshuu?[/b]
[b]Gender?[/b]
[b]Menshuu Type?[/b]
[B]Coat/Body Color?[/B]
[B]Fin Color? (Only for Goji)[/B]
[B]Features?[/B]
[B]Accessories or Additional Items?[/B]
[B]Coupon Code?[/B] 
Sample Menshuu Ordering Form
Quote:
Menshuu Grove
I'd love to get a Menshuu of my very own! Find me this one, Artemis! :heart:
Username? vaettermaiden
What are you naming your Menshuu? Gillian
Gender? Male
Menshuu Type? Goji
Coat/Body Color? White
Fin Color? (Only for Goji) Red/orange
Features? White Tipped
Accessories or Additional Items? Nope!
Coupon Code? I wish...T__T
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lulu's Shoppe Form
PHP Code:
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Menshuu Grove Lulu's Shoppe[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[I]I'
d love to get something for my MenshuuHook me upLulu![/i] :heart:
[
B]Username?[/b]
[
b]Menshuu's Name:[/b]
[b]Gender?[/b]
[b]Menshuu Type?[/b]
[B]Accessory Number?[/B]
[B]Color Choice?[/B]
[B]Coupon Code?[/B] 
Sample Lulu's Shoppe Form
Quote:
Menshuu Grove : Lulu's Shoppe
I'd love to get something for my Menshuu! Hook me up, Lulu! :heart:
Username? vaettermaiden
Menshuu's Name: Orion
Gender? Male
Menshuu Type? Tokii
Accessory Number? 3
Color Choice? silver, sapphire
Coupon Code? Nope

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis' Breeding Form
PHP Code:
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Menshuu Grove Breeder[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[
I]I'd love to get my Menshuu some lovin'Help meArtemis![/i] :heart:
[
B]Girl's Owner?[/b] 
[b]Girl Menshuu'
s Name:[/b
[
b]Girl Menshuu's Type?[/b] 
----------------------------------------------------------
[B]Boy'
s Owner?[/B]
[
B]Boy Menshuu's Name:[/B] 
[B]Boy Menshuu'
s Type:[/B]
[
b]Any Special Breeding Items/Gifts?[/b
Artemis' Breeding Form
Quote:
Menshuu Grove : Breeder
I'd love to get my Menshuu some lovin'! Help me, Artemis! :heart:
Girl's Owner? vaettermaiden
Girl Menshuu's Name: Lily
Girl Menshuu's Type? Tokii
Boy's Owner? vaettermaiden
Boy Menshuu's Name: Orion
Boy Menshuu's Type: Tokii
Any Special Breeding Items? Nope

Baby Claim Form
PHP Code:
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Menshuu Grove Baby[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[
I]I'd like to pick up my baby please![/i] :heart:
[B]Username:[/b] 
[b]Menshuu'
s Name:[/b
[
b]Which baby would you like?[/b
[
b]What would you like to name it?[/b
Baby Claim Form
Quote:
Menshuu Grove : Baby
I'd like to pick up my baby please! :heart:
Username: Vaettermaiden
Menshuu's Name: Orion
Which baby would you like? 2
What would you like to name it? Odille

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-19-2009 at 02:00 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-16-2009, 06:28 PM

Current Searchings In Progress...
  1. Empty
  2. Empty
  3. Empty
  4. Empty
  5. Empty
  6. Empty
  7. Empty
  8. Empty
  9. Empty
  10. Empty

Current list of Menshuus that are Breeding...
  1. Empty
  2. Empty
  3. Empty
  4. Empty
  5. Empty

Current list of babies for pick up...
  1. Empty
  2. Empty
  3. Empty
  4. Empty
  5. Empty

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-19-2009 at 02:26 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM

List of current owners of Menshuus! Click on your Menshuu's name to get your Menshuu certificate as well as Updates, such as accessories added and growings.
  1. vaettermaiden's Orion

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-19-2009 at 02:25 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-19-2009, 02:43 AM

Well that's it!
If you have any questions or anything don't hesitate to ask!
Also, Tell you what you think about the RP-like intro. XD
Sorry for the large and tons of posts, it's just to give you all the best experience possible. Enjoy!
I'm pretty much done. Still working on items and certs but they will be up soon.

Menshuu Grove is now OPEN!

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 11-19-2009 at 02:46 AM..

Urboros
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-25-2009, 01:15 AM

w00t first post!

can I get a comission? I've got some patterens from some other sites.
how do you subscribe to a thread?

Last edited by Urboros; 11-25-2009 at 01:25 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-25-2009, 08:21 AM

If you click on Thread tools at the top of the thread a drop down menu will pop up and there's "Subscribe to Thread" in there.

I wasn't planning on taking commissions, but since this is starting off real so, why not? =) As long as you mean not Menshuu commissions. If you mean items and different coats, then that's cool. =)

TelstelNSG1
=^.^=

Old 12-01-2009, 07:23 PM

wow how beautiful
i'll order one once i have enough gold
at the moment i'm working towards 4k
if i get more than 4k i'll come back and purchase a goji or even a saja
they look so good
your art is amazing, i envy you ^.^

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-02-2009, 05:41 PM

thanks Tel! ^___^ I'm glad someone is interested in them! The poor things are so lonely at the Menshuu Grove. ^__^ I hope to see you soon!

Urboros
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-03-2009, 05:01 PM

ah so I can't get the lion/goat with some different marks?
like on this girl

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-07-2009, 06:35 PM

I can probably swing that, it's not too much dramatic.
Sorry for the late response. T__T

Urboros
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-08-2009, 06:32 PM

oh thats okay!

How much would that come out to?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-09-2009, 09:46 AM

I confess.

I felt slightly proud that I know where you got the names from. /Korean xD

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-09-2009, 12:50 PM

@ Urboros: That'll come to 550G. ^__^ Since it's a custom coat and detail.

@ Dystopia: Yay! I'm glad! I'm only half and hardly speak Korean, but I like having things that relate to it! Sometimes I'm tired of Japanese or Chinese references and wish people would realize that Koreans are Asians too....>.>

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 12-10-2009, 09:09 PM

@ Maiden... the Tokii Menshuu's are so cute. :) I may have to one day get one from you. A white one with green eyes and a pink tail boy would be so cute. >.<

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-12-2009, 08:30 AM

@ Ivvy: He would be cute! XD And maybe some cute accessories too! Like a pink collar with a large silver jingly bell.

Urboros
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-12-2009, 05:43 PM

I sent the gold through the donation button with a message of course

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-12-2009, 06:01 PM

@ Urboros: Did you want the coat to be exactly like the picture in the post? I can't change the line art but the coloring can be exact.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 12-13-2009, 09:26 AM

Ahh I like that idea.. a big jingly bell collar would be uber cute. :)