Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2013, 02:19 AM

Listening to him, Tanya too this time to eat more of her food while paying close attention to what he was saying. So he lost his own mother too...how sad. But he doesn't seem to let it get to him, and that's good. she thought to herself as she continued to listen to his story with interest. When he was finished, she continued to chew her food before swallowing and speaking. "I'm sorry about your mother captain. However, it was quite nice of the captain before you, to take care of you and Rivar and teach you wonderful things." she commented softly. At least he had someone to take care of him and Rivar...even after his mother died. she thought to herself as she took another bite of her food and ate it happily. Swallowing, she looked at him and smiled. "I am?" she asked when he said that she was easy to talk to. "I'm happy to hear you say that captain, but just because I may be easy to talk to doesn't mean people talk to me. As for my ability...I learned about it not too long ago really. I was around the age of fourteen I believe." she answered and thought for a while. "I was busy helping my mother out while she made dinner...and I was focusing much too hard on the task at hand which was setting the table. I was focusing on the plates in my hands and as I stared at where I was going to set it down, I accidentally sent it flying across the table, causing it to fall to the floor and break. My mother was surprised and asked me what had happened and so I told her the truth." she added and shrugged slightly. "I hated focusing too much since then because I knew I'd send things flying and possibly hurt someone." she concluded.

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 05-03-2013, 09:05 AM

Skye nodded, "I'm sorry to hear that people don't talk to you." he took a bite, chewed a bit and swallowed. "Have you tried focusing on anything since?" He was still interested in her ability. He wished to know if she had tried controlling what she was doing when she was focusing on things. He blinked a couple times at his food when she smiled. Her smile made his head reel, and he was trying to figure out what was so special about her smile that would make his head feel like that. He took another bite and asked, "how old are you?" he wished to know how long ago it was that she found out about it.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 PM

Tanya shook her head. "No need to be sorry Captain, I don't mind not having people to talk to. I've somewhat gotten used to it." she replied and continued eating quietly. It was true, ever since her mother died, she was alone...she never even met her father. Tanya didn't know what he looked like, his name, or what he was like in general. Her mother never spoke of him and Tanya never bothered to ask. Hearing his questions, she swallowed her food and looked at him again. "No Captain, I have not. I try to distract myself from anything and everything. While I work I don 't like to focus too much on what I'm working on since I don't want anything to go flying and possibly hurt someone. So I distract myself and stare at what I'm making but think of other things, such as my home and mother." she explained, wondering if she was making any sense at all. "Age?" she repeated and smiled. "I'm nineteen Captain." she answered.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 PM

Skye nodded in understanding. He didn't know why, but he felt like he should help Tanya control her ability in a way other than not thinking too hard on things. He decided that he would start with pillows in an empty room. "Tanya, I would like you to see me every other evening after dinner. I want you to learn how to control your ability when you're concentrating on something, okay?" He wasn't really giving her a choice- it was either she met with him and worked on her ability or she basically gets thrown overboard. He felt he was being clear about it, too.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 PM

Tanya listened to him and was surprised at what he said. She wanted to decline the offer, but decided not to. Something told her this wasn't an offer, it was an order. "Yes Captain, as you say." she answered softly. In her mind she was starting to think exactly how he was going to help her control her ability. Well it would have to be in a place where no one could get hurt. she thought to herself as she continued to eat, soon finishing but thinking. Her eyes stared at her empty plate with the fork an knife, but she kept her mind distracted and busy by thinking exactly what it was he would do to help.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:29 AM

Skye softened his gaze a little. "I think you should learn so that in case you do need to, you can, and you won't risk harming anyone you don't want to. Also, you needn't worry about harming anyone while you learn to use your ability. We'll start small with pillows or something just so you can get the hang of it." He smiled softly, and then finished the last couple bites of his food. when he was done, he put his fork and knife on his plate and looked at Tanya. what is it about her...? he thought to himself.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-07-2013, 06:48 AM

Tanya smiled and nodded. "Yes Captain, pillows are the best choice I believe. I do hope I can actually learn." she said softly while looking at him, then quickly looking down at her plate, then at his. "Captain, would you like me to take the dishes to the galley now?" she asked and moved some hair from her face. "I'll come right back here after that way you can show me my room when you're ready." she commented softly. Her eyes looked at him momentarily before looking down at her hands, the smile still on her face.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 PM

"I'll come with you, and you can have Rivar do the dishes." he said, getting up. He picked up their plates and walked to the door. "I noticed that you don't have many belongings, so I left some fabric on your bed as well as some sewing tools." he said, opening the door for them and waiting for her to go first. A few of the men were busy cleaning the deck before bed, but most were still in the dining hall talking and laughing, which could be heard easily throughout the ship. Skye looked at Tanya again and thought, "the hell is wrong with me? why am I feeling this way? I've never been so attracted to a woman in my life..."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-07-2013, 09:21 PM

Tanya nodded at what he said. "Understandable." she answered. In her mind, she wanted to help Rivar, but she also wanted to see her room. "Oh that was very nice of you to do Captain. I'll be sure to make myself some new clothing with the provided as soon as I can." she commented happily. Thanking him for opening the door for her, she walked out of the room and could hear a few of the men still talking about who knows what. Tanya, don't focus on anything, stay busy. Let's see, maybe I'll make a dress with the new fabric? No, I'll make more skirts and shirts instead, I never really liked dresses. she thought to herself.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 AM

Skye nodded and half shrugged when she said that giving her fabric was nice. "If you would like, I can have rivar help you with some of the sewing of shirts in his free time. I would also like you to patch a few items that the crew has torn. It doesn't have to look great, but it would be nice to not have to throw the clothes away. Makes things a little cheaper. And no worries, the clothes are cleaned before I ask anyone to sew them." As they left his room, he pulled a small amount of water from the sea and put the plates on it and sent it to the galley, and then led Tanya down below deck to a room that was near the back and one of the quietest on the ship. It was also the furthest from the men's quarters, so any snoring that the men did wouldn't be heard from her room. He didn't tell her any of his thoughtfulness because he didn't feel he needed to, but instead opened the door to her room and turned on the lamp that was by her bed. The sheets on the bed were a soft blue, and the comforter he had given her was a light green with a dark green underside. The pillow cases matched the sheets, and there was a very soft, fuzzy, blue plaid throw blanket folded neatly at the foot of the bed. On top of the bed, there were 5 different colored beams of fabric, and on top of those, the sewing materials in a box.

"I would like to see you tomorrow night to work with you on your ability. The men usually wake up around daybreak, and get hungry about an hour after waking up. If you want to keep the galley clean and organized, i suggest you are up by the time they are and are in the galley cooking breakfast. We usually have oatmeal and orange juice for breakfast, so it doesn't have to be anything special or intricate." he glanced her over, tilted his head slightly, and left, closing the door behind him only to return a moment later and say, " Arashi has a door into this room, as with every other room on the ship. You may find him in the morning on the bed by your feet. Now, i have to go get the two men who are arguing to shut up before they start fighting each other and breaking things." He knew that Tanya would not be able to hear the men fighting, but Skye felt it in the vibrations of the water in the juice that was still on the dining table. He turned and left, again, shutting the door behind him.

Arashi had left the dining hall and found himself a fish that he carried off into a room and had finished eating it by the time everyone else had finished eating. He washed himself and then watched as Skye took Tanya down to her room. After waiting for Skye to return to the deck before going to the dining hall, Arashi quickly ran below deck and found his way to Tanya's room. He announced his arrival before entering, but didn't wait for a response. He jumped onto the bed and curled up on the pillow before saying, " You know, Skye's been really generous to you, you know? Giving you this room and all of that material to work with... Who, other than me and rivar, would have thought him to be so thoughtful?" he trailed off and rested his head on his front paws.

Last edited by Alorrena; 05-08-2013 at 06:49 AM..

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 AM

Tanya followed him into her room and admired it. "It's lovely, thank-you kindly Captain." she said and walked over to the bed as she looked at the fabrics and the box. Listening to him, she nodded and looked at him with a smile on her face. "oh it's perfectly fine really Captain. I don't mind fixing up the men's clothes." she assured and raised an eyebrow? "Rivar can sew?" she repeated and shook her head. "Oh, no Captain it's fine, he already helps me out so much. I want him to be able to relax even for a little bit." she explained and made a mental note of what he had said about breakfast. "Understood Captain, thank-you again." she said and watched him leave her room. When he was gone, Tanya took this time to analyze everything in her room but stopped herself and instead began to look at the fabric on her bed. "Yes, I can make some nice changes of clothes with this." she said to herself and smiled happily.

When she saw Arashi walk inside, she nodded. "He has, and I don't know why, but I'm forever grateful of his kindness." she commented and grinned excitedly. "I dont' know if he wants anyone to know, but he said he wants me to learn to control my power...so he said he'd help me. I'm supposed to meat him tomorrow night to start practicing." she explained and shrugged as she opened the box and looked at all the sewing tools inside. "I wonder what I should make." she said to herself before yawning slightly. It was getting late and she needed to be up early tomorrow, so sewing would have to wait it seemed. "I'll make something another day. Right now it's time for bed, I have to be up early tomorrow to make breakfast." she commented while gently placing the box with sewing materials inside the side table drawer along with the five beams of fabric. Tanya then gently unfolded the blue and plaid throw blanket which was neatly folded at the foot of the bed, and made a mental not to make sure it was folded back in it's spot neatly in the morning, before climbing into bed and snuggling under the blanket. Looking around her room once more she sighed happily. "Goodnight Arashi." she said softly and turned off the lamp beside her bed before closing her eyes and quickly falling to sleep.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-10-2013, 02:47 AM

Arashi woke up a few minutes before the men were awake, and moved to curl up against Tanya's face. He started purring loudly and said, "the crew will be awake soon. You have about five minutes before they are awake and starting to busy themselves."

Skye had been awake for an hour and had already gotten dressed. He had been thinking about the previous night after breaking up the fight with the men that had not quite started, and had done the dishes as the crew finished their evening duties and went to bed. He had spoken to Rivar and asked about what Rivar thought about Tanya, and let slip about how he had started feeling during dinner with her. Skye knew that Rivar wouldn't tell a soul because Rvar knew how important it was for Skye to remain captain and for the men to believe that he was still strong, even when it came to feelings about women. After the dishes were done, Skye had gone up to his quarters and went to bed.

In the morning, he had dressed and was preparing to go to the men's quarters to make sure that they weren't being lazy. He had pulled up a large ball of water from the sea and brought it with him into the men's quarters. Seeing that only 5 of them were awake, he pulled the ball of water apart, separating it into nine smaller orbs, sent them out across the room to hover over the still sleeping men's faces. He waited a moment, knowing that the ones awake would like to watch, and then allowed the orbs to fall on the men's faces. He hadn't changed the temperature of the water much, and had simply made it slightly colder, so the men were awoken with a splash of icy cold. The men who were asleep woke with a jump, all at the same time and all hit their heads on the bunks or ceiling above them. Skye smiled softly as the five men that were already awake laughed for a moment. after they quieted down, Skye said authoratively, but politely, "It's time to be awake and busying yourselves with your morning duties. Get dressed, wash up, do what you do in the morning, and then go to your posts." He then left the room to get a fish for Arashi.

He went to the edge of the deck and leaned over for a bit, focusing on the water below. after a moment, he pulled up a ball of water that contained a fairly good sized halibut. He made his water dense enough so that the fish couldn't move or breathe, and soon, the fish was dead. He let the water slip off of the fish and back into the sea before grabbing the fish and carrying it over to a plate that Arashi usually ate from. He set the fish down and cut it open, making sure that Arashi would find it as soon as he was on the deck. He then returned to his quarters and layed down for a bit, his mind baffling him because he was thinking about Tanya and trying to figure out a way to make her happy.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-10-2013, 03:46 AM

Tanya slowly woke up and nodded at what Arashi said. "Okay, thank-you for waking me up Arashi." she said softly and pet him gently before crawling out of bed. "Five minutes, I'll go get started on breakfast." she stated before quickly fixing her hair and running out the door barefoot to the Galley. Once there, she heard sounds of people waking up and sighed softly before starting to make some apple cinnamon oatmeal for the men. Smiling, Tanya grabbed the bowls required and then grabbed the orange juice and glasses as well. It wasn't much, but it looked really good and oatmeal was the perfect way to start off the day. After a while, she poured the finished oatmeal into the bowl and carefully walked out to the table and set the bowls down before going back to the galley and grabbing more bowls. Back and forth she went until the table was set with empty glasses and bowls of oatmeal. "This looks lovely." she said to herself in approval before carefully pouring the orange juice into each glass.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-10-2013, 04:02 AM

Arashi scooted over to where Tanya's head had been when she left, wanting to have the warm spot for a little bit. After a moment, He left Tanya's room and went up to the deck. as soon as he was there he smelled the Fish and made his way over to it fairly quickly. He purred a bit and started eating, happy as could be.

Skye stared at his ceiling for a good fifteen minutes before hearing the crew busying themselves. He got up and sent a small marble sized ball of water to seek out Rivar. He then had it vibrate next to Rivar's ear and asked him to come see him. A few moments later, Skye heard a knock on his door and said, "Come in." Rivar entered and asked what Skye wanted. "Ask Tanya when she will have breakfast ready. The guys seem a bit more onery than usual, and are probably needing food." He sent Rivar on his way and turned to look at the book on his desk.

Rivar walked down to the galley and knocked softly at the door when Tanya was inside. "The captain wishes to know when breakfast will be ready." he spoke a little louder than the night before, knowing about the captain's opinion of Tanya.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 AM

Tanya was focused on the empty pot where the Oatmeal had been when she heard Rivar's voice, causing her to look over at him and send the pot crashing to the wall. "Oh, I'm so sorry Rivar, you frightened me." she explained and laughed nervously as she quickly grabbed the pot off the floor and set it in the sink to wash later. "You can tell the Captain that breakfast is served already. I know it's nothing fancy but I'm hoping you all like it." she explained with a small smile. Tanya looked at Rivar and noticed that his voice was a little louder than before. He must be coming out of his shell. she thought to herself and then remembered that she had to meet the Captain after this to practice training her ability.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 PM

Rivar smiled softly. "No problem, i'm sorry for startling you. I will let the captain know." he bowed his head a little and left to return to Skye. He passed Arashi on the way and leaned over and pet the cat, who was engrossed in the fish and thoroughly pleased with it. He then went to the captain's quarters and told Skye that breakfast was already ready. Skye nodded and alerted the men about the food being ready. The men then went and ate, not talking much that morning.

Skye had Rivar get his bowl for him, as he didn't wish to eat with the men that morning. upon finishing, he pulled some water up from the sea through his window, set the bowl on it and sent it to the galley sink. With the same water, finding Tanya, he said, "whenever you have a free moment, come to my quarters, please." The voice was gentle in her ear.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 PM

"Oh, no worries Rivar it's alright really." Tanya assured before he left. Looking at her bowl, she took a spoonful of the oatmeal and ate it happily while she sat on the galley's floor, enjoying the silence. It seemed that the men weren't talkative when they woke up. It was understandable, they were tired still. Tanya continued to eat in silence only to widen her eyes when she saw water float in with an empty bowl and glass and set it on the sink. "Oh?" she gasped as she watched it curiously. However, when she heard the captain's familiar voice speak gently in her ear, a smile spread across her face. "I'll be there soon Captain." she replied and smiled happily as she continued to eat. When she finished up her food and drink, she placed the empty dishes into the sink and headed over to the captain's quarters.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 PM

Skye had been pacing in his room, suddenly a bit worried about what Tanya would think of him if he said anything wrong, which worried him about wondering what was going on with him emotionally. feeling the vibrations in the water start, he focused and listened to what the water was "hearing" and started to calm himself down by focusing on his breathing. A few moments later, he heard her footsteps coming closer to the door. He took a deep breath and opened the door for her before she knocked. "Tanya. Thank you for joining me so quickly." he motioned for her to enter his quarters with his arm. "Did you sleep well?" he asked, suddenly getting a little nervous around her. Sleeping and waking up early had not helped him any with his confused feelings around Tanya.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 PM

Tanya was surprised when he opened the door before she even had a chance to knock. Smiling, she nodded in thanks and walked into his room before looking at him as he spoke. "Oh it's no problem. If I must be honest, I've been looking forward to this all day." she admitted and chuckled. "Oh, I slept wonderfully thank-you for asking. How about yourself Captain?" she asked him softly. Looking at him, she noticed that something seemed to be bothering him, something on his mind. I'm probably just seeing things. she thought to herself.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 AM

Skye smiled slightly. " I slept okay." he lied. He hadn't actually slept that well. He didn't look like it though, mostly because he did get a little bit of sleep. "Thank you for asking." He moved around his cabin and gathered a few pillows and handed two to Tanya. " Carry these, of you will." He then went to his closet and went inside it, turning on the light as he entered. He then pulled a medium sized crate from the back corner and took it with him. Inside it were more pillows in varying sizes. He left his closet and turned out the light, shut the door, and turned to Tanya. "If you will, Follow me." He didn't exactly look in her eyes, but instead focused his attention to her left eyebrow when he spoke. He then opened his door and held it open for her, and after she went out, he closed the door and locked it. He then led her down to an empty room and dumped the pillows out on the floor on one side of the room, and put the crate 10 feet away. "Tanya, I would like you to focus on finding the smallest pillow in the pile without touching the pile. Once you know where it is, reach in and grab it." He said all of this calmly, though he was still anxious about saying the wrong thing. He took a silent deep breath and said, " You need to know what is around you at all times if you are going to control anything's movement without touch." He had done this exercise plenty of times before, only with slightly damp pillows. At that time, all he could feel of the water was a big lump of water, sitting there. "I know it will take some time, But you need to focus. This will also allow me to know what you can do at this point." It was a simple enough task, and a simple way to know what was going on with her ability.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-15-2013, 08:52 AM

Tanya listened to him and nodded. "I'm happy to know that you slept okay Captain." she whispered kindly as she accepted the two pillows and nodded. "Yes Captain, as you wish." she started and watched him gather more pillows. These should be enough pillows to practice with. she thought to herself before blinking in surprise when the Captain pulled out a crate filled with various sized pillows inside it from his closet. Will we need so many pillows? she asked herself in her head as she nodded at what he said and silently followed him out of his room and towards an empty room that unsettled her slightly. Walking inside, she watched him drop some pillows onto the floor before taking the crate and placing it a few feet away from the pillow pile. As she listened to him, she felt panic start to creep up her spine but she nodded anyway, it seemed like an easy enough task. Find the smallest pillow in the pile without touching the pile, then reach in and grab it. she told herself mentally as she tried to relax while focusing on the pile on the floor. Focus...focus Tanya, don't be afraid. she told herself mentally as she focused on the pile...or at least tried to since she was also panicking on the inside. I'm scared to focus... she wanted to say and frowned as she tried to focus really hard on the pile on the floor, only to send the pillows flying in all directions. Letting out a gasp, Tanya quickly looked at the captain, hoping he didn't get hurt. "I'm...s-sorry." she apologized.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 AM

Skye had dodged most of the pillows that went his way, and caught one. He blinked, realizing how much work was left to be done. "It's ok. I'm fine. There's a reason we are using pillows and not sticks or anything hard." He pulled some water into the room and used it to push the pillows back into a pile. He thought for a moment before saying,"Tanya, what are your emotions right now?" He didn't know if she was nervous or anything, but he remembered that when he had started with the water, when he was nervous he couldn't do anything. And when he was upset or angry, he had no control. It was still that way sometimes, but he had gotten to the point where when he was angry he would be able to look far out to sea and make sure that his angry water was elsewhere. He didn't tell Tanya this yet, but he wondered if she needed a moment to calm down a bit. He was still super nervous about being around her, which made his stomach turn a bit, but he was trying his best to ignore it.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 AM

"I'm glad we're using pillows, anything else would be much too dangerous Captain." Tanya explained and chuckled nervously before focusing on her hands instead as she listened to him speak. "M-my emotions?" she repeated a bit surprised by the sudden question. "Well captain...I must say I'm scared...and nervous. Even so, I'm excited to do this I really am, I want to learn to have this all under control. You seem to have it all under control and I hope to someday be able to do that too." she admitted and smiled shyly. It was true, Tanya hoped to one day master her ability just like him, she admired how easily he controlled the water with no struggles, she envied him but was really happy for him at the same time.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:44 AM

Skye blushed softly. "no not really." He spoke softly. "you just haven't seen me lose control over my emotions. it's kind of scary when that happens." He sighed. "what I want you to now is sit down and clear your mind of all emotions other than being happy or content. any other emotion will distract you." He sat down next to the pillow pile. "Don't think that this will be easy; it won't be." He offered Tanya a large soft pillow next to him. "I have been working on controlling the water since i was about 16. I knew about it since I was eight and worked on controlling it less than half-heartedly until mom died and the previous captain found rivar and i. He trained me in meditation for weeks before i could collect my thoughts and emotions. However, I find ways to release them at least twice a week So i can work on keeping them in line. Often times that's taking a small boat and leaving the ships area and finding an island and causing a windless hurricane around it. You may or may not wish to do something similar in this room with the pile of pillows. " he closed his eyes and relaxed most of his body, making sure he would remain sitting. "So not worry too much about anything except this room and its contents." He focused on his breathing.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-27-2013, 07:28 AM

Tanya listened to him and blinked. "Clear my mind?" she repeated and sat on the pillow beside him as she did her best to clear her mind. Okay Tanya, clear your mind...just think happy thoughts and you'll be okay. It's going to be okay...the captain wants to help you and in order for that you must relax and just focus on learning. she told herself mentally as she took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "It does sound scary when you say it like that...but that rarely happens I would guess...since you've had more time to control your gift, correct Captain?" Tanya asked softly and wondered if he'd get mad at her for asking him questions as if they knew each other very well already. "I'm sorry for asking, you don't need to answer if you don't want to...sorry Captain." Tanya quickly apologized and did her best to clear her mind and relax. Of course Tanya knew this wouldn't be easy, nothing in life was ever really easy though.