Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 02-12-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunna Dea View Post
Commonly people who have this condition only have two of the four combined. it is really rare for them to have three and I think there is only two cases of all four senses combined. which one are you wanting? I happened to know some one who has two of the four, sight and hearing combined. so he sees sounds. and he can not imagine life without it,
I think I'd like the to sense sound and sight together...

I had only heard of the condition through watching a documentary about a genius who despite having autism, and therefore having had difficulty learning social skills, could work out extremely complicated maths problems accurately which was aided by his synaesthesia which helped him visualise the numbers as shapes and colours...

He also managed to learn basic conversational Icelandic (which is known to be a very difficult language for foreigners to learn as adults) within a short space of time after having a Icelandic teacher teach him in Iceland.

At the time I had thought, "How cool would that be?"

Thanks for informing me that it is not all senses that are merged with people who have synaesthesia.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 AM

I first heard of it when I watched a thing on Superhumans by Stan Lee and was interested. then I found a documentary on just people with synaesthesia. that is when I found out that it was ranged.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 02-13-2014, 12:09 AM

WheredidIgo, that is a lovely answer.

Also, I think it's pretty dang awesome that we learned all this about synaesthesia. :D

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 AM

well might as well get everyone informed on it... you know there are some people that have it and dont realize they have it? they just think that is how every is.

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 12:33 AM

That is just so cool!

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 12:42 AM

should we be chatting in here or just answering the questions?

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 12:59 AM

That decision is usually left up to the thread owners. I see no problem with chatting in the thread. I think people are more inclined to regularly play if it's a friendly environment. But if you'd prefer us not chat, I will defer to your decision.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 01:03 AM

*glomps the thread* no way are we not chatting in here. I must have chat.... are we going to make this thread for the event too?

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 01:29 AM

I really think we should. And have V-Day or Wonderland themed questions.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 01:30 AM

was just trying to think up questions for V-day but the wounderland is a good set of questions too.

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 01:34 AM

Totally. Pose a problem that occurs to Alice, ask for responses. V-Day themes, I think I'll work the historic angle of. But we could work in alternative celebrations, etc. I'm thinking for the event, since it's a short one, rather than switch out questions, we could do a list of questions each, and people can answer all, none, or some...and then just give out prizes for each question after the end of the event.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 01:47 AM

that sounds good.

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 01:51 AM

Woohoo! We should get some questions together tomorrowish. Via PM of course. We can't give out our secrets.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 01:52 AM

so true it would be really bad if we were to give out our secrets before we got to the event. how long is the event going to be lasting?

---------- Post added 02-12-2014 at 05:59 PM ----------

OH looks like I may have enough answer to changed out my Question and give out a prize.

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 02:00 AM

It's usually a week long. Though there was some extra time last event.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 02:01 AM

ok so we got to come up with some good questions, and maybe have only half of them released at the begaining of the week then do the second set on the second half of the week?

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 02:03 AM

That might work.
I'm thinking if we do at least five questions each, that should keep people busy. But we can totally do more.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 02:13 AM

hopefully the event thread will draw in more players for this thread.

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 02:38 AM

I'm hoping so. I think I'm going to have to make my questions easier.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 02:42 AM

and i am working on a post to announce the winner of my question. I had five answers this run. so hard to pick them... most of them I would love to have too.

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 02:45 AM

Haha, yeah, good luck. There were some great answers to yours! I'm gonna give mine a few more days, since it was a difficult question.
Let me know when you announce the winner and I'll change the thread title.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 02:50 AM

I have it down to three.

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 02:53 AM

Well, hey, that's some narrowed down!
I'm going to go take a shower, but I'll check back before I go to bed. :)

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 03:00 AM

Shattered Heart
I like that you also thought of the problems you could cause with this power.

Ravensdance
your answer reminded me of Neverwhere, a busker was taught a song that would bring change to him, then later he had to be taught the counter charm because he could not stop them from throwing the change at him.

Xogizmoox
Yours sounds like a plot to some sci-fi horror movie. I can just see every one living for a long time or forever and then we would have population growth problem. it would be one big paradox... fun but dangerous. and it some times is called Time Jump.

Ling
I can see how synaesthesia would be so cool to have for a creative person, and I dont think a single on of them is not creative in one way or another. although it does have its draw backs too. to be able to tasted what you hear can be rather disgusting, or smell what you hear. just think of all the different sounds you hear that would just smell or tasted wrong.

WherededIGo
I really would like to have Wifi wherever I went too but have to go with the best one here.

So my winner is....

Shattered Heart: not because I liked it but because you thought of how you could use it and did not just go for fixing every one. there are times that a superpower needs to be used properly and some times even if your wanting to do it for what seems like a good reason the consequences can be really bad.

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 AM

Thank you, I seem to think like that ^_^