Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)
Send a message via AIM to Rawrsaurus Send a message via MSN to Rawrsaurus

Old 08-12-2014, 12:24 AM

I've been wondering how to give away items, and this is my temporary way of doing it.

Know a friend who really deserves a gift? Who's been looking for an old item forever? Who's been having a hard time and could use some good news? Whatever the reason, nominate them here to receive an item from me.

Things up for grabs:

The magical day of the week where I choose someone will be SUNDAYS. I will give away AT LEAST one item a week. Nominations will remain active throughout future weeks, so there's no need to re-nominate. Bonus prizes may also be given out, for posting or really anything. It's all up to my discretion, because it seemed like the most low maintenance method.

To nominate someone, please PM me their username along with a SHORT blurb of why they deserve it. I don't plan on being able to keep up-to-date with the thread, so I need them PM'd. Each member is allowed to send in ONE NOMINATION A WEEK.

Title the PM: NOMINATION: (Nominee's Name)-- (Item Name)

ARTISTS, I'm not usually huge on art, but if you're very good I'd be interested in some for my avatars. I'm very picky with style/quality, but if I want your art I'd probably let you just choose whatever. PM me with examples if interested.

Chatting is encouraged. Tell your friends about it. I'm wanting a lot of nominations. I'll keep it going as long as there's continued interest and new nominations.

DISCLAIMER: Prizes are all completely up to my discretion and judgement. It can be based on the person, the item, the reason, just whatever. Keep that in mind and nominate smartly. If you nominate someone for a v-day pin and there's nothing special about the reason, like...you can't really expect me to choose it over the other options. Some weeks will be big prizes, some weeks small. All depends!

AND OPEN.

Items Given Away:
Gizmo -- Random 07 EIs, Calesco Blaze
hummy -- 07 Halloween Sets x2
sushi_mew -- Weather Forecast
Cora -- Lovelipop
woodlandnymph - Menewshan King's Crown
Queen_Andais - Oriental Fan
MaidenRoseHeart - Pengi Penguin

Last edited by Rawrsaurus; 09-01-2014 at 04:47 AM..

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 08-12-2014, 05:13 AM

hummy: maybe you can find something from the genie wishies here ^.^ sorry im pinging you but this looked useful to you hun

Last edited by Xogizmoox; 08-12-2014 at 05:18 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 AM

aw, rawr are you leaving

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-12-2014, 07:27 PM

I mean I haven't been around I'm maybe 4 years haha. I've been meaning to give things out, but I don't even know who deserves what anymore or who anyone is XD;

Alright cool, logged on to a good bit of PMs so I'm happy

---------- Post added 08-12-2014 at 02:31 PM ----------

Err wait, they were mostly from hummy. Sorry but it says just one nomination a week. It just kinda waters down the importance of a nomination when everyone is nominated haha. Also didn't mean for people to nominate themselves for multiple items LOL, why this place is called For A Friend.

Idk sorry if y'all could read the post XD;

Edit Again: ACTUALLY whatever I like these nominations I'll keep them active hahaha

Last edited by Rawrsaurus; 08-12-2014 at 07:42 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Okay - sent you a nomination for a user :) She is an amazing user and has been questing an item for ages. :D So when I opened this thread and read it, I knew exactly who to nom.

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-12-2014, 08:40 PM

Thanks!

@My Friends;
Did I do this right? Lol welp. Yo friends, come nominate people.

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 08-12-2014, 10:38 PM

Gizzie sent in her nomination ^.^

---------- Post added 08-12-2014 at 05:40 PM ----------

Hopefully I sent the form in filled out correctly

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 PM

You did, indeed! Will get on to nomming someone shortly.

EDIT: Nom away! Spoke up for the most deserving person I could think of.

Last edited by Seridano; 08-13-2014 at 12:01 AM..

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-13-2014, 12:03 AM

I'll prob be giving out a couple more than one item a week it's looking like ha. Probably just like 1 huge item though at a time. Already so many good noms for the v-days so it's getting rough.

Just sayin that if y'all nom someone for a smaller item I'm probably just gonna send it over at this point xD

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 08-13-2014, 12:21 AM

Duly noted, though I already sent out a nom, so it'll be a bit before I can nom again.

Good to see you again, by the way. It's been ages! Has everything been going well IRL?

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-13-2014, 12:24 AM

Pretty good! Just gonna be wrapping up my last year at College. Not much otherwise haha. Going on a cruise with my best friend in 2 weeks though xD

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 12:33 AM

Rawrr I barely talk to anyone so I don't really have nominations?
I mean, there's people but they're p much all set i think x:

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 08-13-2014, 12:34 AM

Nifty. What are you majoring in? (I feel like I may have asked you this once before, ages ago, but my memory is on par with that of a goldfish so...)

Ooooh, cruises are fun. I went on a cruise with some classmates back in high school. Hit some of the Greek isles. Wish I'd gotten to go with folks that I was closer to, but it was still fun (not to mention memorable).

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-13-2014, 12:39 AM

Sushi~ Lol hey what's up? XD And yeah I know, most people I actually know are old enough that they're loaded too hahaha.

Oh man, lina's offering me a lot of art for v-days, and that sounds awesome. And I'd still have v-days to give out, including the ones that have noms so far.

Seri~ I think I quit here before going to college actually XD But I'm Environmental Geosciences. And in Texas oil companies are pretty big and make a good amount of money, so I might be going into that.

Haha I've never been on one so I'm excited. Mine's going to Cozumel, Belize and Jamaica.

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 12:46 AM

I've been terrible and am not at all loaded.
Granted, I never really tried too hard to become loaded :,)

Lina draws fantastic art and I think you should take it > u>

I didn't think you'd ever come back to the site; I saw your giveaway from before and I guess you still had tons of items???
Looks like you've been having a fun life from what I see on facebook!

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-13-2014, 12:50 AM

Eh well your avatar's still cute and that's what matters lol.

Yeah it's like, for a lot of them though. But I'd still have a lot to give away, so I think it's fine.

I don't think I had a giveaway before haha. I've planned to for ages, but never got around to it. I asked Admins if they wanted my inventory to fund an event, and they said they'd message me about it. But then never did so I was like oh well xD And yeah yeah college has been fun, prob the highlight of my life xD

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 08-13-2014, 01:11 AM

Gizzies drouling at all them beautiful items im online every day but im soo shy I don't think I will ever be able to afford an inventory of that massiveness this would be the equivalent to my wishlist and to be honest I can't even tell ya the names of this stuff , id love to play around in your closet ^.^ I've never met you but im guessing by your kindness we would have likely been great friends or if you stay may we be friends ???? You have great taste in avi dressing I just wish I was artistically skilled :/ id love to draw your avi

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 01:12 AM

uwu thank youu
compliments from you and miro are seriously my fave <3 haha

maybe, split up the offer? get some not-as-much-art for a few items!!!

you had one in october or whatever?? I got a ping some long time ago and you had a hangout or something??
I remember thinking i had just missed you or w/e
That's great that you're enjoying college!!! And your studies!

ALSO RAWR!! *twirls around* Do you like my headwings? ;D
I finally got around to actually saving up gold for these things!
I also have my dove wings too ; v;

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-13-2014, 01:16 AM

Xogiz~ Haha nah I won't be sticking around. But thanks, if ya stick around I could throw some random prizes your way. Especially if you want any old EIs. I have seriously like, hoards of those.

Sushi~ Ohhh I like, suddenly kinda remember that. I don't remember it being a giveaway though, I'm not sure.

Lol oh gosh, didn't know people saved for those. You could've just asked me and I would've thrown like 5 headwings at you XD There anything else you want?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 01:33 AM

oh have fun on the cruise! i get to see my best friend for two days =3 they have meetings but we will get to do something afterwards each day.....besides eat and sleep i hope. where is the cruise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrsaurus View Post
Pretty good! Just gonna be wrapping up my last year at College. Not much otherwise haha. Going on a cruise with my best friend in 2 weeks though xD

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 01:35 AM

You did a similar thing I think. Where you gave away a few items each week and it was only for October~
(I remember for some reason ugh)

I!!! have to save up for them xD; Nahhhh I'm not gonna msg you on facebook for your items on menewsha! That's called using your friends and that's not cool~ hehee (but now that i know you're back on for a short while kehehehe)

nothing really stands out to me (the hoarder inside me cries otherwise!!) other than the weather forecast bc it's got those cute little clouds in the background (and other than the lord have mercy on me items)
If you're gonna ask me what I want, you'd better expect me to ask for the super high end pinky's up items (like, crown bidness)
Saving up for the headwings sort of made me not have an INTENSE NEED of items rn but I think I'll be saving up for either crown later (I can't decide on which one I want more-they're both so royal) --I`ll msg you in 5 years when I get it LOL

though! i have no idea what the black multi-quip between evil overloard and the polar bear one.
or the two sky ones after the pingu penguin and before the robot beep

Last edited by sushi_mew; 08-13-2014 at 01:37 AM..

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-13-2014, 01:35 AM

Ohh yeah, my best friend graduated and moved away, so this cruise with him is actually the first time I get to see him in a while. And it's going to Belize, Cozumel and Jamaica -- though we only have less than a day at each location ha

Sushi~ I like, don't know items at all either lol. And someone nominated someone for an item I don't own and it confused me so hard XD I kept searching for it LOL.

Haha well we'll see, you can definitely have a weather thing. The crown though I feel like I'd have to do it through the system I set up. Get miro to nominate you or something and maybe it'll work its way through eventually haha.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 08-13-2014, 01:47 AM

I just om nommed one of my besties!! She's helped me on so many of my item quests, I can't even count how much I've gotten because of her. <3 <3

Rawrsaurus
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-13-2014, 01:49 AM

I'm having to look these people up haha. I can see why she's a good choice though

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 01:51 AM

LOL you can enter it's name in the marketplace search and find it's picture and look with that instead of hovering over for the names! much easier!!

~weather thing~
yeahhh I figured. There are people who do nice things on this site and it's not fair that I hop the line just because we were the best of buds~ (esp. when I know how hard you wanted that crown when you first went out to buy it!)
mayyyybe. I'll msg her saying I wanna jack all yo nice things on menewsha LOL

so how many people have asked for the pudao of time so far? That thing's crazy rare still!! There are more Ofans for sale than pudaos