Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-26-2015, 06:47 PM

- a private roleplay between Miiyako and Xavi -

Past the barbed wire, mangled bodies, ravenous hounds, and the vast wasteland lays what people call Utopia. It's a literal paradise in such bleak times. The city has it all: food, water, shelter, technology, weapons... everything. Many have traveled far and wide to find it but most do not reach it, and it's not because of fairy-tale myths or lore. Truth is, it is just too far away to make it alone. Not to mention, there's little proof that it's real. After all, if you found utopia, why leave?

Two years ago, Ollie, a decorated space marine, was set to earth to help relieve the fallout-struck planet. It was supposed to be a simple in-and-out mission but shit hit the fan when the gravity of the situation turned from friend to foe. Ollie and his crew were stuck between a rock and a hard place: kill or be killed. There was no returning to the space station. There was only surviving the brutalities of the wasteland they were now forced to call home. Without much a choice, Ollie took up arms and fought his way out. Now, he wanders the desert looking for a way back home. At this point, he'll believe and try just about anything.

Having spent two years without finding a solution, Ollie is ready to call it quits. Only, someone, a stranger at a bar, speaks of a place called Utopia. Intrigued, he keeps a close eye on the story teller, knowing full well that, if the stories are true, he can finally return to space.

Despite the odds, these two unlikely individuals pair up and trek across the east coast in search of Utopia. As they run on their hunches and gut, things start to take interesting twists and turns. Will they find Utopia? Or will they become just two more bodies to litter the wasteland?

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-26-2015 at 07:03 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-26-2015, 06:47 PM

Oliver "Ollie" James Barton
Twenty-eight years of age
Space Marine turned Wasteland Wanderer
Military-cut raven hair with spiked up bangs
Dark olive-green eyes with gold flecks in them
Stands 6-foot, 2-inches tall

DISTINGUISHING MARKS
  • Extremely broad shoulders despite having an average build
  • Scar over left eyebrow that runs down across eye (causes some discoloration in his left eye; looks duller than the right)
  • Small scar on the left of his lips that's about the length of the width of his lips; hardly noticeable unless up-close
  • Notch missing out of his left ear and two 2-inch long, 1/4-inch wide scratches that start above his ear and run toward his jaw
  • Missing two fingers on his left hand (pinky and ring fingers)

UNIQUE TRAITS
  • Always has a condescending voice -- not because he is, it's just his voice; it's very gruff and conceited sounding
  • Wears a tattered bracelet on his left wrist (a gift she gave to him long ago)
  • Only wears dark colored clothing consisting of black or gray; sometimes dark fed or green
  • Always seen wearing a custom-made glove on his left hand; the thumb and pinky and ring" fingers are exposed while the middle and index are covered in black fabric. There's a reflective plate across the top of the hand that reads his military number: OJB007073
  • Tends to touch his left ear when nervous or worried

GENERAL DEMEANOR
  • Keeps to self a lot and tries to avoid developing relationships, except with other high-ranking officers
  • Very sympathetic; a lot of soldiers open up to him as he's known to give great advice (and keep secrets)
  • Humble; if given bread, he's the type of man to share it but he'll do so without being giddy
  • Yet hardened; as duly noted by the number of scars and tears on his body, he's seen some action. It really takes a lot to rile him up or get under his skin
  • When drunk, very cheeky and likable

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-26-2015 at 07:06 PM..

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 10-27-2015, 05:31 AM

Phil Daines

It was hard to find too many civilized places anymore. At least, it was hard to find anywhere that wasn't a run down shack filled with people who smelled like sweat and rain, with an unhealthy dose of rotten food mixed in. So when Phil found a dinky town that looked as if it could withstand almost any kind of attack or weather, he was grateful for a chance to sit down in the town's bar for a couple of drinks. Since rations were already low, Phil was stuck ordering a simple beer, not that there were many different options for that either. Still, it was booze, and he couldn't exactly complain about the flavor. (Rancid swine briefly crossed his mind.)

At first, he ignored the random conversations around him. Nothing piqued his interest until he heard 'mystical fairy-land' from a drunken tool sitting just a couple of seats away from him. With a smirk, Phil shifted his body to face the man, waving a hand to get his attention. The man looked up and promptly rolled his eyes. "Fuckin' stranger," he griped, loudly. "Comin' into my town and making an ass of themselves. I'm sick of it."

"You talking about Utopia?" Phil asked, leaning forward. He rested his chin in his hand and grinned serenely. "Because I can tell you right now, it's pretty real."

"What, you been there?" Not even the man's drunkenness could hide his curiosity.

"Well, no. But I know it's there. In fact, that's my next stop." Phil paused long enough to take a drink of his beer, making a face as soon as he swallowed. "I hear the booze there is better than this shit, anyhow." He looked down pointedly at his beer. "I mean, hell. Why would anyone keep drinking this shit if there's actual wine in Paradise?"

"Never had wine," the drunk man mumbled, looking down at his own beer. "This town's not rich enough. People keep leaving anyway. Hard to make money or get many supplies."

"Shame." Phil took another, slightly bigger, sip. "I don't plan on staying here. Good luck with your income though. At least the buildings here are sturdy." He shifted back, now leading his body against the counter. "I hear people there are rich, too. More money than anyone knows what to do with. I gotta get me some of that. I could buy myself a better vehicle that doesn't need constant repairs."

"Your making shit up now," the man growled. "Who the fuck are you to come here and make stories up? I'm drunk, not stupid."

"I already said it's real."

"Where's your proof?" The man lurched to his feet, as if he was planning to attack Phil. He merely laughed as the man sat back down a second later.

"I don't have any. But I promise it's real. I mean, everyone's gotta settle down somewhere, right? Could be heaven, could be an entire country, who knows? But it does exist, and I am going, as soon as I've had a rest here, first." He stared down the man, who finally turned away and grumbled, probably complaining to his friends about how stupid Phil had to be.

Bored with the conversation, Phil turned back to force himself to finish his beer. He'd need to find a place to eat, too, along with a bed to sleep in. It was unlikely anyone else would engage him in conversation about this mythical city. Not that he cared.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 10-28-2015, 08:21 PM

He had spent most the day in the bar and not because he wanted to kick back and do nothing. No, Oliver, or Ollie as he likes to be called, had to do some intel gathering. He had been trapped on his hellhole for too long and had found little to no means of leaving. Growing despite, he decided it was time to start listening to the gibberish spewed by drunken fools. Even if it was all lies, somewhere there had to be a grain of truth. And, with any luck, he could begin to weave together the stories, bit by bit, to find what he sought.

A new face came into the bar and instantly started getting chatty with one of the local jerks. With a casual eye roll, Ollie thought about interjecting that it was futile to argue with the old coot, but the guy seemed to be fairing well. His inward thinking told him there was no point in getting involved in business that didn't pertain to him. Besides, it was easier to collect facts when you weren't getting spit on or threats tossed your way.

The man with the dark green eyes firmly believed that this "Utopia" place was real. It caused Ollie to cock a brow and lean in just a bit more. He wanted to ask questions but, again, he knew it was unwise. The folk here were always on edge and, thus far, they hadn't been too mean to him. Then away, who would willingly pick a fight with a man who's missing two fingers and has a body littered with scars. Okay, okay so maybe the military gear weapons strapped to his back were good enough reason to not fuck with the guy. Either way, Ollie avoided pissing them off so they avoided getting a bullet to the brain.

Noting the the beer was nearly polished off, Ollie rose and dropped a pretty quarter on the bar. "Thanks, Max." With a head nod, he moved toward the door but was interrupted by a pair of large almond eyes.

"Mister, mister!" The kid's snotty hands reached for his hand. "Mama says if da raiders come ta'night, you'll protect us. Right?"

"Raiders?" Ollie did a 180 to stare down Max.

"Yeah, on the nights of the full moon, the thugs from Rockethell come over and try to rough the place up. They tend to steal our women. His ma is a damn fine woman. Would be a real shame to lose the only beauty in town."

Another woman, overhearing the conversation, let out a grumble. "Yeah, there are other women, ya know."

Ollie shook his head and returned his attention to the kid. "Sure. If the raiders come, I'll send them running." Tapping the sniper rifle slung around his back, he smirked before rustling the kid's hair. "Now why don't you run home. A bar's no place for a kid."

Not wanting to draw any more attention to himself, Ollie ducked out the door and made a bee-line for one of the posts near the B&B. It was a piss-poor attempt at a bed and breakfast. They served week old eggs, stale bread, and piss-flavored coffee. And the beds? Ha, a rock would be softer than those literal sheets of steel!

Having a hunch that the new guy, Phil, would come this way for a bite to eat and place to rest, Ollie just waited. Eyes fixed on the glowing full moon that illuminated the entire area, the space marine let his mind dream about returning home. Oh what he would give to be back in space. Earth, it was a complete waste. It was time they cut their losses and continue expanding across the galaxy. Neither Mars nor the moon would be enough to house all of humanity. They needed more and Ollie was raring to get back into that action of space exploration.

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-29-2015 at 02:26 PM..

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 11-03-2015, 06:57 AM

Spending more time in this bar was tiring. There wasn't even food there worth getting, if there was any at all. Not that Phil would trust it, if it was anything like the beer. He remained sitting though, trying his best to tune out the conversations around him along with trying to get a feel for the small town as a whole. Overall, it didn't sound like there was much to explore, other than trying to find out where the local bed and breakfast was located.

After paying for his beer, he set off in search of this place. He even took an extra couple of minutes to check out the rest of the town, though there really wasn't much to see, save for a small supplies shop he could visit in the morning. With a sigh and a yawn, Phil backtracked and again went off in search of the bed and breakfast. It didn't take him long to find the building at all.

Standing in front of it, Phil made a face at the building. It wasn't much on the outside, and he was sure that inside would be just as boring or simple. It was something he was used to, but still didn't like. As he entered, he waited at the front counter until someone was available to talk to him. Phil was not happy with this town already, and the longer he stayed, the more he just wanted to leave. However, he was tired, and a rest would do him some good. He spent a few more minutes talking with the employers, discussing food and a bed to sleep on. He was shown to his bedroom then, and Phil just let out a sigh as he saw the bed. "Fucking hell," he grumbled, more to himself than anyone who could possibly be listening. "What a joke." Setting his bag down, Phil sat down on his bed and winced. At least it was better than nothing.

Phil spent the next few minutes digging through his bag and sorting through the contents inside. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to sleep at all, so having something to do would occupy his time, unless he was overcome with a strong enough exhaustion to knock him out. That wasn't likely though. Still, he settled back in the 'bed' and started playing with his watch, pulling up a simple mini-game. If he didn't move too much, he wouldn't hurt so bad in the morning.

At least he'd had the sense to order his breakfast before being led to his room. Phil wasn't entirely looking forward to eating it, as he'd found better food out in the desert, but at least it was something.

It didn't take Phil long to get bored and start wandering around, curiosity overcoming tiredness. If he was going to spend the night lying awake anyway, he might as well be useful.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-17-2015, 03:46 PM

Bleh. I'm just not feeling this RP anymore. Life got hectic for me too between losing my job and losing my health insurance. Sorry :\

Last edited by Xavirne; 12-02-2015 at 03:20 PM..