Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-11-2016, 03:12 AM

"Yeah that's the bathroom. Really use whatever, I don't mind," he said as he stood. He waited until Piritta had left the room, but changed into a pair of sweatpants rather than his pants from the night before, but didn't bother putting on a shirt. It was warm enough he didn't need one and right now he liked the idea of being able to look down and glimpse his mark.

After changing, he moved towards the kitchen and he did indeed have the ingredients for making crepes, so he set about making them. He was unable to stop smiling the whole time. Today had maybe started in panic and confusion, but it had led to something Cyril had forgotten how much he wanted in his growing complacency on finding his mate. When Piritta eventually emerged from the shower, he was still standing their with the smile on his face and the batter read to pour, just waiting for her so the crepes would be fresh.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-11-2016, 04:14 AM

Taking a t-shirt she found, Piritta disappeared into the bathroom, shutting the door softly behind her. After turning on the warm water, she leaned back against the tile to close her eyes. Now that she could breathe, she realized how much she needed this even if she wanted to be so near Cyril too. The warm fog surfaced an old memory that she let wash over her.

"Dad doesn't like me very much," the little girl said, as if stating a fact. She leaned over to stare into the steam emitting from one of the many hot springs heated by Finland's volcanoes. Her mother stood behind, folding freshly washed towels.

"Piritta, you shouldn't say such things. It's rude," she chided, but didn't deny the statement. "You know your father can't really help it. He has his own family now, his real soulmate, and one day you'll find yours just like him or me or anyone else. Now come away from there before you fall in."

She skipped away from the pool's rocky edge, bare feet slapping on the stones. "Is a soulmate very nice?"

Her mother set the towels down, a faint smile filling her face as she looked somewhere distant. "Nice? I suppose...a soulmate is like dreaming. Can you imagine the most wonderful dream you've ever had, soaring on the clouds and everything rosy and bright. You're dancing and dancing and even when you get dizzy, your feet remain steady. Can you picture that?"

Piritta spun in wide circles, her arms outstretched and her eyes closed. "Mmhmm. I can!"

"Even if you get confused sometimes, or make mistakes, you just keep dancing. Baby, I know one day, you'll fall in love like that. It's in our bones. We're like storms when they come over the mountains with ice and lightning. So beautiful and easy to get caught up in. Don't be scared when it sweeps you away because it will. It will baby..."

Her mother really was right. Maybe it was something she was born into. A storm. She chuckled at the thought before scrubbing the last of the night's grime off of her. Skipping any hope of pants, she just slipped the shirt over her head, deciding that it covered her well enough and she might as well embrace being a storm. slinging her wet hair over one shoulder, she headed to the kitchen where she heard Cyril.

"Smells good," she said in greeting.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-11-2016, 04:25 AM

Cyril turned his grin towards Piritta when she walked into the room. Eyes roaming over her figure, but decided not to comment on how much he liked the site of her in his clothes even if it looked a little ridiculous. "I'm glad you think so there's some fruit, whip cream and nutella, whatever you prefer to put in it," he said as he focused on finishing cooking the actual crepes. Soon there was a plate of them just waiting for the two of them to fix up how they like. "Do you feel better after showering?" he asked, wanting to take his own shower after they ate.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-11-2016, 04:38 AM

Surprisingly, Piritta didn't mind walking around like this, maybe because she thought about her family being made up of storms. Even if her mother made a fluke with her father, having a child with someone besides her soulmate, when she did find hers, it was a quick affair. She almost forgot it went that way. Just a little pink in the face, she nodded her head. "Sounds great. You know, I've always loved nutella!" As Cyril finished with the crepes, she set about fixing hers a bit like a child's with extra sweetness and nutella. "It was a wonderful shower. Actually, I remembered some good things. I hope you were as fond of storms growing up as I was," she chuckled.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-11-2016, 11:24 PM

Cyril's crepe was a much simpler creation than Piritta's, just a little bit of cream and fruit, but he smiled to see her enjoying it. "Hm, I guess that can be pretty nice and relaxing as long as it's not like putting you in immediate danger or anything. Yeah." he smiled softly at her, "Why do you ask?" he questioned, taking a slow bite of his now rolled up crepe, his eyes never really leaving Piritta's face.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-11-2016, 11:31 PM

Piritta laughed, rolling her eyes a bit. "What's dangerous about that? God, you sounded so much like a typical soulmate or older guy in general for a bit. I'm weak against dangerous things anyway. After being an adventurous child, I rather stopped," she explained as she ate. Humming, she voiced her appreciation, licking a bit of cream from her finger. "But it's nothing really. Just something my mum said. It doesn't make much sense if I explain it."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-12-2016, 12:20 AM

Cyril chuckled, "I think we're gonna have to get used to that. I am older. And I'm just generally a pretty sensible guy, so don't be too surprised if I'm often like that. And I really just meant hurricanes and tornados can be pretty scary. But a good thunderstorm is nice." Cyril paused, considering here, "You know even if it doesn't make sense. You can tell me. I want to hear it. Especially if it's something important to you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-12-2016, 01:01 AM

Piritta shook her head. She didn't normally tease, but it felt easy now. Perhaps because one day in, she felt comfortable. Considering how awkward she could be at times, it was a real marvel. "I guess we will have to get used to it. I really can't believe my mate ended up so much older. I definitely didn't expect that and I wonder why. Was there something about a guy like you that I needed? Something I couldn't get from a guy my own age?" she pondered. A second later, she shrugged. "Well, I've never really questioned the why behind mates. My mom said soulmates are like dreaming and dancing with your eyes closed. Seems girls in our family are storms too. So I guess you better watch out."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-12-2016, 01:13 AM

"It does seem crazy that soulmate unions can happen with such an age gap, but it's really not that unheard off. Maybe we're meant to balance each other at. You pull me to be more active, and I'll keep you from flying away." Cyril said as he finished his own crepe. "Hm. So tell me about your family if you don't mind." He asked, "What makes you storms?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-12-2016, 01:35 AM

"Flying away huh?" Piritta chuckled at the thought. "Seems fitting since I'm a dragonfly. Always did feel like I might take flight if I wished hard enough." Though that might just be a child's wishes. Even at nineteen, she still held onto all those fanciful dreams. Maybe she never did grow up and Cyril could be her ground. She could be his wings. At his question, she paused, biting her lip briefly when she didn't have food to distract her. Eyes down on the table, she considered dodging, but decided he was her mate. It didn't feel so odd to share.

"A lot of people are familiar with my father so I don't have to say it much. Arthur Keening, the big shot from London? I'm his bastard child, from before he met his mate. I use my mother's name and it wasn't until recently that we started getting involved in each others lives, but it's been a whirlwind. I wonder if that's what my mom meant by a storm? Nothing happens in little slow steps."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-12-2016, 02:07 AM

"Ah yeah, I have heard of him. I don't think many people were aware he had a daughter, especially not one from someone who isn't his soulmate. That's definitely rare." He responded, choosing his words carefully. And it was certainly true that children born from unmated pairs happen, often as accidents, but it still was something that drew notice when it was revealed because so many still waited for their soulmates. "I can't imagine suddenly getting to know someone like that. I'm not particularly close with my family. If only because they all live in Greece. But we're nothing special. Run of the mill nosy Greek family. I can't imagine what you're going through. So you were raised by your mother, and her soulmate?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-12-2016, 02:32 AM

A half smile ghosted over her face. "You don't need to walk on eggshells around me. It's weirder now that he's acknowledging me than when I was growing up," she admitted. By the time she got old enough to understand it, she already moved on. Home was nice and she liked the years she spent in Finland before moving to the states as a young teen. "It's not so bad. My mom met her mate when I was five and bam, married and happily ever after. Probably what she meant by storm." Fully smiling, she tilted her head at Cyril. "Greece huh. I get being far away, but I'm sure they're good people even if you're not close. Mum's mate is a good man, but he's not my father in the end even if I like him. He and mum are still in Finland. Father is the one who sent me to school here in the states."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-12-2016, 02:47 AM

"Hm yeah. I bet it's cast you into the public eye quite a bit? How are you handling that? It can't be easy. I mean I work as a makeup artist to people who do end up in the spotlight, and I couldn't ever imagine actually being in that public eye. Do you think your Father will having something to say about the age gap?" Because Cyril imagined if anyone would care, it would be someone who had the appearance of his whole business to worry about. "Yeah, I miss them sometimes, but it's honestly easier when I don't have them breathing down my neck for every little thing. Though they'll all want to meet you once I tell them. I think they hated waiting even more than I did."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-12-2016, 03:06 AM

Piritta shrugged one shoulder, but anxiety showed on her face. "I don't like it," she admitted. "Parties and press and things like that make me nervous even when they don't notice me. I hate to be noticed. I hate to feel lost and out of place, so either way." Her words came out slow, her hands messing with the shirt edge that she noticed for the first time didn't go down near as far when she sat. Which she hadn't minded at all before. A second later, she put on a smile. "What's he going to say? If he has something, he should talk to fate not us." Though he probably would butt in like the latent father figure he was. She found that laughable though. "I won't mind meeting your family. Breathing down necks and all!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 AM

Cyril wrinkled his nose, "Well I'll be there with you from now on. You can rely on me if you ever feel out of place or overwhelmed." He reached out to pull one of his hands towards her, resting his larger hand over her small one, "We can get through the horrible stuff like that and then maybe just be together." He chuckled, "Yeah but you know some people get dumb when it comes to image and all that. I just want to be prepared. Though to change the subject slight, I would also like to shower, and then maybe we can move on to more pleasant things."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-12-2016, 09:08 PM

Piritta nodded her head, not doubting his words for a second. She already felt she could rely on Cyril, no matter how short of time they knew each other. She somehow knew him. With his hand over hers, she felt her heart flutter a second, wanting to feel even closer to him. She really must be a storm because she wanted to charge even farther forward. He pulled her back down though. "You should do that. I can clean up the dishes if you'd like since I'm a bit of an unexpected guest," she added with a chuckle. Cleaning up only felt natural, though perhaps because it was for him.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-13-2016, 01:36 AM

Cyril stood, running his hand slowly over Piritta's as he pulled it away, "You don't have to, but if you want to go ahead." He tugged at her hair slightly, smiling, just wanting to touch her in simple ways. It was like all this affection he'd kept buried in him for years was just starting to our out and he had no idea what to do with it. Cyril never thought he'd be super affectionate; he wasn't with his friends or even his family, but then a soulmate was different wasn't it.

He forced himself to walk away to the shower, trying to hurry as he didn't want to leave Piritta alone in a strange place for too long. As he watched the night's grime away, he thought back to when his mark had first appeared back when he was in high school.

Cyril woke up, bleary eyed, just as he did every day the sound of his alarm going off far to soon and with no desire to really get up and go to school. However, as he came to consciousness and more aware of the world around him, he felt a slight burning on his chest, warm and pleasant and slightly tingly. He sat up all at once, and ran his hand over his chest, wondering if this could really be what he thought.

Stretching, he got out of the bed and headed towards his bathroom, intent on looking in the mirror. Friends who had already gotten there marks had described the persistent of this burning feeling the day they got theirs and Cyril couldn't imagine this being anything else. And sure enough when he looked in the mirror right in the center of his chest, over his heart his mind provided, was a delicate looking dragonfly. He brushed his fingers over it mouth opened in awe as he tried to imagine who could give him such a mark.

He smiled slowly, certain that he'd get to see her soon. And that it would be the best day of his life.

Cyril shook his head the memory. He certainly didn't think on that day it'd take nearly thirteen years for his soulmate to appear, certain that she'd have shown up soon. But he couldn't really say he minded the wait. She missed some of his stupid college years and for that he was certainly grateful. And really now they could start moving toward the future together and that was important it didn't matter how long it would be. Because he had been right about one thing, meeting his mate was the best day of his life.

He finished up his shower quickly and once out didn't bother with a shirt again as he walked back out into the living room, already feeling like he was apart from her too long. He smiled when he saw her curled up on his couch and approached dropping next to her, a simple "Hi," falling of his lips.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-13-2016, 02:42 AM

Piritta gathered the dishes when he left, a fond smile on her lips even as she ran warm water over the plates. Leaving them in the sink to soak, she lifted her eyes to the window there, just smiling out at the sky. What would her mom say when she told her? As if on cue, Piritta's phone buzzed somewhere in the distance. Finding her clutch on the corner of the couch, she curled up there and opened the message from her mother. A simple thing, but perfectly timed.

'Just checking up on you. Haven't talked since that scandal nonsense so call me when you have the chance. We should talk.'

Really, she had no idea. Piritta chuckled under her breath even at the mention of the article that came out quite some time ago. She still remembered sitting on the phone, just crying while her mom talked. And it wasn't even what happened and what didn't. It wasn't the article either, but to think she might ruin something potential down the road. It seemed silly now.

'Definitely. Big news. I'll call tonight.' she texted back after shaking the memory away. After that, she just sat there waiting, though no for long. When Cyril returned, she grinned up at him, shifting so she almost curled up in his lap. "Hey."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-13-2016, 02:59 AM

Cyril wrapped his arms around her pulling her more fully into his lap. He almost didn't want to talk, just wanting to enjoy the space with her, so he ran his fingers through her hair for a bit, not wanting to ruin the peace he was feeling and just getting used to her in his arms. A feeling he couldn't even begin to describe how content it made him feel.

"So what else is there to know about you Piri? Any crazy stories from high school? Are you in school? And why were you at the show last night, I doubt that was an event your father forced you to attend?" Cyril asked, question pouring out of his lips as if he couldn't know everything about her soon enough.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-13-2016, 08:23 PM

No matter how nervous she could feel sometimes, Piritta relaxed easily against Cyril. She doubted she would ever feel as comfortable with another person as she did with him. Humming, she just listened to their breathing until he broke the silence with his quiet question. Not moving even to look at him, she considered her answer. "I feel like I've already said so much about me. Why don't we talk about you instead," she answered as she bit back a yawn. All this relaxing and contentment made her sleepy even after waking up not long ago. Closing her eyes, she continued talking without giving the conversation much energy. "But I just like Tristian's work. I wanted to go so bad and support him and Ren of course. I like them both and knew it would go great. My dad actually didn't want me to go," she added with a chuckle.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-13-2016 at 09:46 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-14-2016, 12:55 AM

Cyril hummed, "Well what do you want to know?" he asked, brushing his hand down hair as she relaxed against him. "I'm Tristian's make up artist, but I did some other stuff before that. Special effect makeup for movies, worked on Broadway for a couple years. I've kinda just gone where the wind blows me. I like doing stuff for Tristian though. Most of the makeup is simpler but detailed, and it's a nice break after some of the more complex effects makeup I've done." He also felt the relaxing energy in the room, but he didn't feel like sleeping, too busy enjoying Pirtta's presence.

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 04-14-2016 at 01:22 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 01:24 AM

"Really?" she asked, finally tilting her head a little to look at him without dislodging his hand. It wasn't much of an effort expended. "That's pretty interesting. Work on anything I would know? Ah, though I guess as far as movies go, I'm way off the beaten path. I guess that goes for most things though. I'm sure I wouldn't recognize anything, but show me sometime." Even if she watched the most dull movie, she would to see his makeup. "Maybe you can do mine sometime since people say I have a good face to play with. I don't know what that means, but I like doing mine too. Make's me cute."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-14-2016, 01:27 AM

"Hm. I don't know, but I'll dig up some pictures and show you and we'll see if any of it's familiar. That was several years ago, around when I was just out of school. So nothing recent." Cyril looked down and tilted her face up and considered, "Hm. You are rather cute, but I'm probably biased," he teased. "But yeah, I could do your makeup sometime. Really if you never want to do your makeup again, I wouldn't mind doing it for you everyday."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 02:47 AM

Piritta blushed slightly as he tilted her face, but she continued to meet Cyril's eye, not actually bothered. "You should be biased," she managed, only stammering the slightest bit at the close contact before she recovered. "But you forget I'm a designer too. I like to create things. I'm no expert on makeup, but it's fun. Creating a singular look and all." She might not be far along yet, but a dreamy look took over her face as she thought of all she could make. The possibilities felt endless and she couldn't wait to explore them. With Cyril, they just might have opened up even more.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-14-2016, 02:56 AM

"So you want to be like Tristian with your own shows and all?" Cyril asked, not sure if Piritta had mentioned that to him earlier, but smiling nonetheless. "Well Tristian is a good mentor, even if he's an idiot. He's a good man. Just try not to let him talk your ear off." He chuckled, "But you know when you do get your own line and all that. You've got your first makeup artist. I think if Tristian can have his soulmate working for him. It's only fair you get yours, huh?"