Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-22-2019, 02:35 PM

I do! It's super fun, and probably saves me a bit of money considering how much cards can cost these days. It also means the recipient gets a completely unique, handmade card (unless I make multiples of the same design, but that's rare).
I mostly use pre-bought cards and then decorate them with scrapbook paper, stamps, and embellishments. I'd really like to get a die-cut machine someday and maybe try selling my cards online.
If you make your own cards, what kinds of things do you use?

Last edited by Cinderella; 04-22-2019 at 02:37 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-22-2019, 08:47 PM

I love the way handmade cards look! I'm no good with that kind of craft, but I've done digital cards before. I'm pretty good with doing text and images and making the composition look good that way. Can print it out or send it as an e-card.

I bet there's a solid market for those kinds of cards though so I can imagine selling them on a site like Etsy.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-23-2019, 01:04 AM

Oooh, digital cards, that's awesome! I hadn't even thought about how you could send it as an e-card. I think that totally counts.

Yeah, I've been eying Etsy for a while now. Maybe one day I'll make a shop there. 😊

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2019, 09:38 AM

Can't say I have...might have made some a loooong time ago as a kid but haven't really found much of any occasion that requires card-giving these days.

I've seen some hand made and digital cards that look amazing though. I envy their talents in creating them!

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-23-2019, 01:26 PM

Aww. I usually make them for birthdays and a few other holidays, mostly for family and my boyfriend.

I know what you mean! I don't think I'm that talented so I really admire people that can make them look really amazing.