R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-12-2023, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
you'll just have to sneak in a nap on Monday

that does sound like a much more relaxing fun atmosphere! so many athletes push themselves way too hard, so it's good to hear that your niece can build her skills without all that pressure. it's cool that you help coach too! besides the early wake up times, it must be pretty fulfilling

aww look at her all ready to go! that's adorable, you must be so proud.
Well I am finally home relaxing after the longest but best day ever! Up at 6:30, at the arena for 7:30 and on the ice at 8. We would have tied but Autym THREW THE RING INTO HER OWN NET!!! Bwhahahaha Oh man I felt so bad for her. She picked it up after she saved it, then was going to throw it to a teammate and instead threw it right into her own net. Poor kid lol So we ended up losing 3-2.

After that the kids went upstairs for a pancake breakfast put on by the Carnival people, while I stayed to watch the next game. At 10 we had a "Come try ringette" event, so I was on the ice helping all the little kids, that was super fun! After that I was off the hook apart from posting on our socials (I run our organizations social media). I ended up making 21 posts and I'm about to make our final one, if you wanted to check out our page click here! So I took Autym and her bestie to the carnival. They did a haunted house, a bunch of jumpy castles, these crazy "bubble soccer" things (check the pictures out on my latest post on my FB here) and then we hit up the exotics animal spot to check those out!

Came home and folded 5 loads of laundry and now I'm here enjoying the quiet with Harry Potter on in the background!

I'm exhausted and so fulfilled after this exciting weekend!

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 02-13-2023, 12:31 AM

So i know who i'm gifting to, but i need to finish my gift. It's something i've been working on for a long time, but i just didn't know who i was making it for! Now I KNOW! :D

Edit: Last pin is out!

---------- Post added 02-12-2023 at 08:40 PM ----------

I've Shown My Love Through Crafting!

Username: Alorrena
Who is this craft to? Afrodonkey
Who is this craft from? An old fan who knows Afrodonkey will like the colors! <3
What medium did you use? Fabric
Show us your craft! (it's my first quilt!) (for more pictures, feel free to look here) I will post another picture with my username in it soon (maybe tomorrow?)

Last edited by Alorrena; 02-13-2023 at 04:06 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-13-2023, 05:15 AM

wow, great job Alorrena! that must have taken so much thought and care. those patterns are totally groovy, i know Afrodonkey would wear that as a cape to the club B) as long as he could still let his booty hang out i'll add your entry to the front page as soon as you're able to get me the pic with your username

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
Well I am finally home relaxing after the longest but best day ever! Up at 6:30, at the arena for 7:30 and on the ice at 8. We would have tied but Autym THREW THE RING INTO HER OWN NET!!! Bwhahahaha Oh man I felt so bad for her. She picked it up after she saved it, then was going to throw it to a teammate and instead threw it right into her own net. Poor kid lol So we ended up losing 3-2.

After that the kids went upstairs for a pancake breakfast put on by the Carnival people, while I stayed to watch the next game. At 10 we had a "Come try ringette" event, so I was on the ice helping all the little kids, that was super fun! After that I was off the hook apart from posting on our socials (I run our organizations social media). I ended up making 21 posts and I'm about to make our final one, if you wanted to check out our page click here! So I took Autym and her bestie to the carnival. They did a haunted house, a bunch of jumpy castles, these crazy "bubble soccer" things (check the pictures out on my latest post on my FB here) and then we hit up the exotics animal spot to check those out!

Came home and folded 5 loads of laundry and now I'm here enjoying the quiet with Harry Potter on in the background!

I'm exhausted and so fulfilled after this exciting weekend!
aw that all sounds so fun!! poor thing, that's such a frustrating way to lose a game, but also... kinda funny that's a close game though, good for y'all :D

wow that really is a busy day! good job managing your socials, i know it's not easy to get people engaged. that's such a nice page, i like the Tuesday Tips, and it's cool that you have so many photos up. i can't see the album unfortunately because i deleted all my Meta accounts.

oo that sounds relaxing and nice. which Harry Potter(s) are you watching?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-13-2023, 05:18 AM

Wow that looks amazing, especially for your first quilt!!

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 02-13-2023, 09:53 AM

Quote:
wow, great job Alorrena! that must have taken so much thought and care. those patterns are totally groovy, i know Afrodonkey would wear that as a cape to the club B) as long as he could still let his booty hang out i'll add your entry to the front page as soon as you're able to get me the pic with your username
It's not a full twin size blanket, so it would totally work as a cape for him!

Hope this works, i know i'll forget if i wait until after i wake up. (i wrote my username (almost forgot how to spell it! XD) upside down and backwards with liquid eyeliner cause i couldn't find a pen. And i blurred out my chin/neck cause it had weird shadows that were unattractive.)

Also, Thank you, both of you! I saw a similar pattern on a youtube pattern review (was unhelpful too), and decided i could make it work with the 3 patterned i picked, figured out how i wanted to do it using paint and hoping it worked out,
and figured how to do it, and then watched youtube videos on how to assemble it and how to do the binding (the dark green edge part). I learned a lot about quilting, and a big part i learned is that i hate quilting, but i love making quilt tops (quilting is the decorative sewn designs on quilted items)

Last edited by Alorrena; 02-13-2023 at 10:09 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-13-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
So i know who i'm gifting to, but i need to finish my gift. It's something i've been working on for a long time, but i just didn't know who i was making it for! Now I KNOW! :D

Edit: Last pin is out!

---------- Post added 02-12-2023 at 08:40 PM ----------

I've Shown My Love Through Crafting!

Username: Alorrena
Who is this craft to? Afrodonkey
Who is this craft from? An old fan who knows Afrodonkey will like the colors! <3
What medium did you use? Fabric
Show us your craft! (it's my first quilt!) (for more pictures, feel free to look here) I will post another picture with my username in it soon (maybe tomorrow?)
oh wow! How Lovely!

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 02-13-2023, 10:05 AM

Thanks Cora! Hope you are well tonight! (this morning?)

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-13-2023, 10:11 AM

Oh, it is morning I suppose, but I'm an overnight shift person so its like my daytime

I'm tired, and left work, but otherwise I'm fine

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 02-13-2023, 10:41 AM

I get that. I've been a night owl since i graduated high school basically. I like the night time. It's more peaceful.

I'm glad to hear you're doing alright :]

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
aw that all sounds so fun!! poor thing, that's such a frustrating way to lose a game, but also... kinda funny that's a close game though, good for y'all :D

wow that really is a busy day! good job managing your socials, i know it's not easy to get people engaged. that's such a nice page, i like the Tuesday Tips, and it's cool that you have so many photos up. i can't see the album unfortunately because i deleted all my Meta accounts.

oo that sounds relaxing and nice. which Harry Potter(s) are you watching?
Yes it is funny lol though I wanted to beat her, balance you know? We are leaving this Thursday after school for another tournament out of town though this time! And let's be real, the kids are excited about ringette, but this time it'll be all about the hotel and pool time LOL!

YOU DELETED FB?! JUST LIKE THAT? The horror! LOL I couldn't survive without being caught up on my groups. I don't care about the rest lol

If I'm rewatching Harry Potter and not doing a marathon, I'm always watching the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone or Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

There is something so magical about when Harry (and us) first discover Hogwarts and the world of witchcraft and wizardry that you cannot replace. BUUUUT the Goblet of Fire also is fantastic since it has the other schools and dragons and mermaids, it's just so cool LOL!

They are all great, but those are my favs. Also, I need to find out why the changed the name of the first one from the Philosopher's Stone to the Sorcerer's Stone...

---------- Post added 02-13-2023 at 08:45 AM ----------

Also that is a beautiful quilt Alorrena!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 08:19 PM

This is a sweet contest idea.

I don't like to join them when I have what others might not have.

I'm really impressed with your work so far this event Ghosty.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-13-2023, 09:07 PM

thank you, Nephy!! that means a lot, i definitely put a lot of effort in.

you're always welcome to make something anyway and just not enter for a prize!

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-13-2023, 09:09 PM

ghostPastry: Can we dedicate entries to the same NPC or did you want us to pick different ones?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 09:28 PM

Perhaps, we'll see how long getting 30 points takes in the hangout thread.

Also have to remember to do my avatar entries.

The avatar entries might take the most as I have to familiarize myself with all the items again.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-13-2023, 09:29 PM

Yay, another entry! Which reminds me, I definitely need to work on my poem, too!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-13-2023, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
ghostPastry: Can we dedicate entries to the same NPC or did you want us to pick different ones?
you can dedicate all your entries to the same NPC if you want! listen, we support monogamy here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Perhaps, we'll see how long getting 30 points takes in the hangout thread.

Also have to remember to do my avatar entries.

The avatar entries might take the most as I have to familiarize myself with all the items again.
true, true, i was going to say, only if you have time after Magnus' marathon!

yeah, those contests are killers! BSW and Li Mei did such a good job coming up with challenging themes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
Yay, another entry! Which reminds me, I definitely need to work on my poem, too!
do it do it!!

R u b y

Old 02-13-2023, 09:34 PM

hehe sweet

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 02:10 AM

Yeah, come on, more entries! Do the thing! DO IT!

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2023, 06:50 PM

I'm hoping to get in here today. I have so many Event activities to catch up on >.<

---------- Post added 02-14-2023 at 10:50 AM ----------

That quilt is amazing Alorrena!

R u b y

Old 02-14-2023, 06:53 PM

Oh wow I didn't even see that, very nice Rena!!!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 07:43 PM

you can do it, Carn!!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 08:27 PM

Ah, gosh, this poem is so cheesy but it's silly, too. I've decided to write a poem for Mango! Lesser known NPC's need love, too! (And she probably won't kill me for it ... probably.)

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 09:05 PM

I have two NPCs I have huge crushes on and so need to profess my love to!!!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 10:07 PM

Hey, ghostPastry: I'm about ready to post my written poem, but I see at the very end section when it says 'show us your letter!' it includes img tags. Since it's written, by text, should I just post the words or did you want an actual SS of my word document? I figured text would be fine but I wanted to check since this is your contest! I didn't exactly sign it, since you know, it's a text document.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 10:24 PM

text is totally fine! i had just put the img tags in case someone needs them but doesn't want to type the code i'm so excited to seeee