Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-12-2023, 09:26 PM

The event is coming to an end. Please join me at my main hang out. Link below.

https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203389

Last edited by Kirin Rosenbaum; 02-19-2023 at 03:49 AM..

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 12:29 AM

Hope life isn't kicking you -too- hard!
It was fun to get an email in my inbox reminding me about this place. It's been ages!

If you want to have a chat about what's going on, I'm always willing/eager to listen/read.

Also: very much love the quote in your signature. Glorious.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 02:26 AM

Hey. Thanks for visiting my thread. I do have a non event version of it if you are interested. I am just battling a bit of anxiety but my fidgets help. I am glad you like my quote. It makes me smile every time I see it.

x.

Old 02-13-2023, 02:45 AM

Hello! Hope your kick life's butt back!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-13-2023, 03:07 AM

Just wanted to stop by and say hi Kirin Rosenbaum <3 I remember your username from years ago!!

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 02-13-2023, 06:14 AM

-Peeks in-

Hi Kirin-kun!

Let's see. I'm not super big on Valentine's day, but my favrourite band (The Birthday Massacre) has some songs with "hearts" in the title... in fact they just released a music video for one of their more recent releases called "Precious Hearts", it has some good lines in it.

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-13-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
Hey all. I am glad I came back to see an event. Life has been kicking my butt recently but I won't let it keep me down. Come and chat if you choose.
Hoho! Welcome to the Valentine's Day Party Kirin Rosenbaum! You know... I have heard, "Life is a journey." Journeys can be hard. *chuckles* I think the most important part of any journey is to never stop believing you have everything it takes to make it to your destination

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Hey. Thanks for visiting my thread. I do have a non event version of it if you are interested. I am just battling a bit of anxiety but my fidgets help. I am glad you like my quote. It makes me smile every time I see it.
Hehehe, having silly things like that just really makes life worthwhile.

A while ago I bought this card with a drawing of a cactus on it and the text "Pretty fly for a cacti" - and I kid you not, I had that card displayed on my bookcase for a month because it just made me giggle each time it caught my eye. Gotta love the silly things in life.

Sorry to hear about the anxiety - a friend of mine is a pretty severe struggler, and it really sucks - but I'm glad your fidgets help! And I'll be sure to come hang out in the non-event thread, too.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x. View Post
Hello! Hope your kick life's butt back!
I've been attempting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Just wanted to stop by and say hi Kirin Rosenbaum <3 I remember your username from years ago!!
I remember yours as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
-Peeks in-

Hi Kirin-kun!

Let's see. I'm not super big on Valentine's day, but my favrourite band (The Birthday Massacre) has some songs with "hearts" in the title... in fact they just released a music video for one of their more recent releases called "Precious Hearts", it has some good lines in it.

Hey hun. I'm not much into it either. But I love myself so that counts right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Hoho! Welcome to the Valentine's Day Party Kirin Rosenbaum! You know... I have heard, "Life is a journey." Journeys can be hard. *chuckles* I think the most important part of any journey is to never stop believing you have everything it takes to make it to your destination
Thanks Magnus. I try believing that but it's hard sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiyukaE View Post
Hehehe, having silly things like that just really makes life worthwhile.

A while ago I bought this card with a drawing of a cactus on it and the text "Pretty fly for a cacti" - and I kid you not, I had that card displayed on my bookcase for a month because it just made me giggle each time it caught my eye. Gotta love the silly things in life.

Sorry to hear about the anxiety - a friend of mine is a pretty severe struggler, and it really sucks - but I'm glad your fidgets help! And I'll be sure to come hang out in the non-event thread, too.
Mines not severe, thank God, but it is persistent. I am lucky to have only had on major panic attack.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Mines not severe, thank God, but it is persistent. I am lucky to have only had on major panic attack.
Indeed, thank god it isn't too severe, but even one panic attack is one too many in my opinion. They're so painful and annoying!

Here's hoping that particular count remains on a 1.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 08:12 PM

I feel like life has defeated me most days. It's not a fun feeling.

I want old me back.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 08:41 PM

Old me as in, a long time ago?
Or old me as in, a couple of months ago?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 08:44 PM

Old me as in years ago before I lost my job at subway due to new management. It was the perfect support art kind of job. Close to home within walking distance so no need for bus tickets.

Now half the places I apply to require a license. Which is kind of ridiculous for a part time job.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 08:54 PM

Aaaah, that does very much suck. So in an ideal world it would be either something within walking distance, or something that allows you to work fully remote? I hope something like it pops up soon. :/

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 09:19 PM

Yes, I'm hoping for both of those things. Either would be great.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 09:29 PM

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

So am I correct in assuming you do creative work on the side, as a freelancer or so?

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-13-2023, 09:42 PM

*rolls through while walking home from work*
Okay, so I don't love Valentines Day just in general, but my coworkers decided we should all wear red for it tomorrow and I was gonna totally be an overachiever and do my dark red skirt with a dusty rose shirt and white tights...but I waited too long to find the shirt. xP

Anyway...how's everyone else doing?

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 09:57 PM

No overachieving for you, then. xD But eyyyy, red is red! Sounds like a cute idea, tho, to all show up in a specific colour. Nice idea from your coworkers.

I'm doing good! Just making some bracelets (silly beaded ones) whilst watching YouTube and checking Mene for messages. xD Hope you're having a good one too!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-13-2023, 10:08 PM

This is the first job I've ever had where I've actually wanted to participate in...literally anything. And it's honestly amazing.

Oooh beaded bracelets! Sounds fun!

My day's been okay so far. Got off work, picked up a couple cute things for myself (and Derpy lol) for valentine's day, almost got run over a couple times by idiot drivers, and am almost home. Just gotta swing by the grocery store for a couple quick things.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 10:14 PM

That IS amazing! So glad you found a workplace that is fun and gives a form of community that you want to participate in!

Good job doing errands~ Cute things for V-day is a must!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-13-2023, 10:34 PM

It only took me what...17 years and 9 different jobs to find one I absolutely love? Damn.
And it should have been obvious. I have always loved reading and practically lived at the library during summer so working at one should have been an obvious decision.

Tbh, I'm trying to cut back on cute things as they tend to take up valuable space and don't really hold my interest very long...but we had some cute valentine themed lidded ramekins at Joann (my other job where I've stayed on for 1 day each week...mainly for the employee discount) that I can use for some cute photos and for making mini cakes for myself. So they're functional and I can justify the purchase.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiyukaE View Post
Indeed, thank god it isn't too severe, but even one panic attack is one too many in my opinion. They're so painful and annoying!

Here's hoping that particular count remains on a 1.
I hope so as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I feel like life has defeated me most days. It's not a fun feeling.

I want old me back.
Life actually had a pleasant surprise for me today. I thought I had to work but I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Old me as in years ago before I lost my job at subway due to new management. It was the perfect support art kind of job. Close to home within walking distance so no need for bus tickets.

Now half the places I apply to require a license. Which is kind of ridiculous for a part time job.
What kind of jobs have you been applying for?

---------- Post added 02-13-2023 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
It only took me what...17 years and 9 different jobs to find one I absolutely love? Damn.
And it should have been obvious. I have always loved reading and practically lived at the library during summer so working at one should have been an obvious decision.

Tbh, I'm trying to cut back on cute things as they tend to take up valuable space and don't really hold my interest very long...but we had some cute valentine themed lidded ramekins at Joann (my other job where I've stayed on for 1 day each week...mainly for the employee discount) that I can use for some cute photos and for making mini cakes for myself. So they're functional and I can justify the purchase.
The discount is the only reason I work one day a week at Applebees.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 02-13-2023, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Hey hun. I'm not much into it either. But I love myself so that counts right?
If you love yourself, you have one up on me! I'm learning to... tolerate.... myself... kind of like a super annoying roommate that you're just stuck with. I don't despise myself, but I don't love myself either.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-14-2023, 12:26 AM

Quote:

The discount is the only reason I work one day a week at Applebees.
Discounts can be so useful.
Am gonna have to make a decision about mine in a few months because the store is actually moving locations, which means everyone will have to re-apply. And idk, the employee discount is really good (30% off everything including clearance prices) and the extra money is nice, but also only having a single day off each week is really wearing me down.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 01:24 AM

Hey, Kirin, I'm also here to chat away within your thread; I hope that's ok! Especially since I see Crow and Kaderin in here as well; I do recall you two from back in the day. Nice to see you both again! (It's ok if you don't remember me )