Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 10-16-2007, 05:21 AM

Who put up the new sub section in the roleplays? I owe you a drink! Thank you! They were really clogging the OOC!

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 AM

I'm not 100% sure, but they have my thanks as well.

*coughs* I should look into this. ^.^

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-16-2007, 05:55 AM

Yes! Go look into it and extend to them my deepest gratitude! Yeah guess where I haunt?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 AM

I did :oops: I couldn't find my OOC's, lol. I plan to break it down a little further because I can't my RPs either. I haven't decided in to what yet; whether it be by roleplay type or by role play level. Any suggestions for what you'd like to see?

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 AM

I think type would be best because if you sort them by level people may feel pressured, Like I vary between semi-literate to advanced. Ofted in the same roleplay, heck I've been known to post one line of dialogue in Trinnys haunted school thread so if I was posting in a literate roleplay I'd find myself feeling slightly preassured to add un-nesicary text to my posts which would be sad because I'm a firm believer of quality over quantity, if your post adds to the roleplay what does it matter if it's one line or 5 paragraphs? And I'd never know where to find any of my roleplays. :P

But by topic...It'd be easier because it's fairly easy to lump most of our roleplays into defined topics. I'm in two schools and a horror.

AND
THANKYOU JURU! YOU'RE MY HERO! *HUGS YOU TIGHTLY* I've been moaning about the 1 on 1's all day swamping the OOC :P

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-16-2007, 06:24 AM

I wish the role play forum was a forum of its own instead of a subsect of the Community forum. My fear is if I get too granular in there things will still get lost as there will be too many things to choose from.

I was thinking maybe:
School
Demon/Angel
Anthro (although I'd have to look to see if we actually have any of these)
Fantasy/Sci Fi
Vampire
Other (I don't know what this means yet).

But it still feels as though that is too many little subforums. I'm trying to clean it up but I don't want to make it harder to maintain and find things later.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 AM

I've not seen any anthros. Other would probably mean the resident evil esque one in the works and the zombie disease one Kale and I are in... Angel likes her horror, but yeah I see there being a huge chunk of subsections in there...

Maybe
realistic (instead of just schools)
Fan roleplays (like harry potter and such)
And just leave the rest where they are, afterall you can't really split them up further without creating a LOT of sub sections.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-16-2007, 06:51 PM

I'm hijacking your thread Angel :lol: I couldn't see creating a new one with one already here.

Listen up RPers! I'm looking for communal suggestions on how to make this place more orderly. Things are all over the place right now and I want to clean it up. Any suggestions on breaking things down?

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-16-2007, 09:04 PM

LOL *shakes fist at Juru* Ok, you steal it then :P

Poi
The Poison Girl
Send a message via MSN to Poi

Old 10-16-2007, 10:15 PM

I believe Jayms's suggestion is probably going to be the easiest and most efficient. :3 Sososo... I VOTE FOR HER'S! :D

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 AM

• I agree.

I think splitting the forum into 3 areas would be most efficient.
    Modern for one forum. Fan based for another. Everything else in the main forum?
    Jayms' had the right idea, if you ask me.
    ^ o^

Poi
The Poison Girl

Old 10-18-2007, 05:00 AM

I believe "Fan fiction" wouldn't be the right name for the fan based board, Jurupamae. XD;;; It's more for stories, which I'm sure you may know. ^^; Maybe make it something like "Series Related" or even just "Fan Based". >>;

If you don't feel that it's not necessary to change then don't. Just an opinion I thought I'd share. ^^;;

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 PM

You're right. I was for whatever reason thinking Lit instead of RP. I changed it. :)

I haven't started moving any RPs yet and when I do I will work from back to front so that people don't wonder where their active RPs went.

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 10-18-2007, 04:21 PM

If you're making a modern one shouldn't you make a historical or past or medieval or something one? o:
Dunno, just an idea. ^-^

Poi
The Poison Girl

Old 10-18-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurupamae
You're right. I was for whatever reason thinking Lit instead of RP. I changed it. :)

I haven't started moving any RPs yet and when I do I will work from back to front so that people don't wonder where their active RPs went.
That's a good idea. XD Lots of people would probably freak out and wonder where their RPs had gone. >>;

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Everything has been moved. If you find that your RP is in a different category than I think it should go PM me. I probably missed some as well.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualPlacebo
If you're making a modern one shouldn't you make a historical or past or medieval or something one? o:
Dunno, just an idea. ^-^
The only problem with that is then there would be a lot of sub forums. It would be pretty chaotic. Modern/school deserves it's own sub forum as there are a lot of these but the roleplays that aren't created in mass (such as historical) would be lost in their own subforum. The idea is to create a cleaner roleplay section rather than to catagorie everything. Juru just wants people to be able to find their roleplay I'm sure. And speaking from experiance this is quite hard when there are so many vampire and school ones everywhere. The whole thing was pretty cluttered. Hopefully there will be no more need to tag on extra subforums here but I'm sure it the roleplay thread get's too cluttered then more will be added.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2007, 10:26 PM

I'm hoping with the new design they can either be in a tree view and I can subforums of sub forums or they'll stack differently than they do now. The new admins are on the ball. They are already working on stuff we've waited for months on.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 PM

Sweet, any clue when the changes are being made?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2007, 11:57 PM

I'm not sure since I don't know how fast they work but things they are working on are fantastic (at least from the backend perspective) and are things people have been asking for.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-19-2007, 12:05 AM

Sweet, this the new guys Josh took on?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-19-2007, 12:18 AM

Yes. I've talked with Lee and Guanar and they seem to know what they are doing. I have yet to meet Ken.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-19-2007, 12:20 AM

Cool. I don't see them posting around so like the devs I have the mental image of them all sat around a table in the staff room plotting :P

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-19-2007, 05:00 AM

That's the way it was this morning. They were all here and it was great. It is even a little weird to see an admin at this hour but I think that good changes are already happening and I'm pretty excited for the first time in a long time.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-19-2007, 05:11 AM

Oooh I wish I knew what the changes will be. Are you allowed to tell me any of them?