Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 02-18-2014, 03:18 AM

The three men sat there, Amory claiming a stool in front of the presently unused mic, quietly talking amongst themselves. He lead most of the discussion here, telling them what kind of atmosphere he wanted for each song, how they should progress, but ultimately giving each of them their freedom. The stagehands let him know that he would have the time for several songs tonight, so he wanted to be sure it was planned thoroughly enough, while still allowing them to do their own thing. He was never the bossy type; not when he already knew these guys knew what they were doing with their instruments. It was only when a female voice raised itself high enough to interrupt them that their chatter was broken up. Lifting their heads nearly in enough sync, they turned to look in the direction of backstage.

Amory was the only one to stand, excusing himself to go practice privately as per usual, but in reality he wanted to get a look at the commotion. He cringed as he noted the source of the noise was Aneta, as to be expected with that shrill of a voice rising up so high. What he found curious, however, was the man that had come between her and the stage manager, which were familiar enough faces. Unfortunately, as she seemed to want to lead him away, Amory knew he probably wouldn't be getting a good opportunity to learn anything about what had just happened, or whom that was. So, sighing, almost a bit defeated, he retreated to his dressing room. A new guy? I suppose we need the help. Poor fellow, wiling to work under Aneta... He cringed, though he didn't actually think she seemed all that horrible, and he hadn't dealt directly with her yet. He just knew some rumors, and about her habit of lashing out when displeased. Loudly, too.

Shrugging it off a bit, he hummed a little to himself as he entered his dressing room, slipping off his fedora off of his head to hang up alongside his coat. The first thing he noted when he walked in this time was a bouquet, and it was beautiful. Raising an eyebrow at it, he curiously walked over to inspect the vase. Is this from a Don? One of their wives? He questioned, looking them over briefly, and remembering the people he had encountered down on the floor last night. Someone else? He found the note scrawled on the piece of paper, and a lightbulb seemed to flick on over his head. Eyes widening, his lips parted in a little bout of shock. My Angel? His thoughts went in a flurry back to his 'dream' last night, of the man he had spoken with. Something was off here. Staring back down at the note, he mouthed, "My Angel." Amory believed in extraordinary coincidences, but the collection of events the past day were too much for him to consider simply as fate. There's someone out there helping me. He felt it to be true, regardless of how many of the events were actually connected; there was some association between them. He is warned on the streets of the hit, has a discussion with 'an angel' about Giuseppe, Giuseppe shows up dead, and then he receives these flowers from his 'Angel'.

It racked his brain. Sitting there, focused on trying to piece it together, he stared down the lovely blooms. Nimbly, he lifted one of his hands to gentle the soft petals of the nearest tulip, then slowly let himself lean in to inhale its scent. Eyes fluttering closed for just a second, he was greeted immediately by its sweetness. It drew a small smile to his face, but the connection between these events still dug away at him. Was I actually having a conversation with someone last night? Is this the same person? Sighing, he tucked the note away and instead took to looking over the flowers as he hummed a little tune, his way of warming up.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 04:03 AM

"Now your going to be working under me, all costumes you think he needs have to be first ok by me." her voice rattled on as she lead him into a medium size room filled with rows and rows of dresses. "now this is where all the acts outfits are stored and this is where you will be getting his each day." leading him forward she showed him the row of suits and outfits that were stored behind the door. a rack sat with hats and canes were above the fresh pressed suits. "the iron and everything else you need is right here," she pointed to a small butlers pantry tucked into the space between the door and the racks. Sighing Sam raised an eyebrow to her. "there is only one male act at this time and the band takes care of their own outfits so you dont need to worry about any divas." she said sniffing as if she was smelling something wrong. "but first I think you should change into something more fitting." flicking through the rack she pulled out a dove gray suit, matching tie and polished shoes. looking down he realized he did not look that nice anymore, the rain having dulled the shine.

"so your telling me that I only have one man to take care of?" raising his eyebrow he looked over the small area. "and would it not suit better if all this was set up in his room?" he knew the size of the dressing room could easily fit all this and two men comfortable. while here he would have to deal with her always looking over his shoulder and avoiding the door as it got pushed open by the young woman that worked here. Looking at Aneta side long he sighed. she was not going to let go of the rains that quickly.

"you will be working here in this area until I can tell you know what your doing." for a woman that speaks with a shirk when she is angry her voice could get really cold. sighing he took the suit from her hands and waited. she stared back at him her eyes cold. after a few moments she raised her eyebrows at him. "well its not like I have not seen half naked men in front of me before, get dressed." tilting his head up he gave her the coldest stair he could, he know how to use his eyes to his advantage, he would have liked it if he had not had to... yet that was not now. shivering she hurried out mumbling something about being needed elsewhere.

changing the suit quickly he slipped his old clothes into a cubby hold hidden by the clothes. Now what would look good on him? looking over and dismissing a few of the ok outfits he came upon a simple slate gray number with a vest and jacket combo. the tie was an easy one to pick, a beautiful blue green with silver run through it. pulling a second suit of the same cut but different color he carried them both to Amory room. gently rapping on the door he pushed his way in. "I have your outfits for you to pick from." he wounded if he should call him sir or just leave it at that. "you can call me sam if you would like."

Arc Angel

Old 02-18-2014, 05:53 AM

Amory was sitting, humming calmly, and enjoying the peace as he looked over his notes for tonight. Hearing the rap at his door, his humming cut off abruptly as his thoughts stirred and he turned his head to look over his shoulder. Blinking in surprise at the man standing there, he thought he found a familiarity with him, but did not seem to gather that he was the same man that he had spoken to at either of the three times last night. Instead, he smiled over at him and assumed he just hadn't met him properly yet. "Thank you, Sam," he replied warmly, then turned himself to fully face the other as he stood to look at the choice he had in his hands, "You can call me Amory."

"So you're the fella who's looking to work under Aneta? Brave soul." He commented in a friendly, joking manner, speaking as casually as he had to the musicians out on stage just prior. Amory was a naturally friendly soul, but more than typical in this circumstance. Not only was the man handsome in his own right, but he also felt that sense of undeniable familiarity with him and his voice. He did not place this feeling, however, and instead carried on naturally. He found nothing strange about it; it was an unconscious feeling, one that he didn't attribute to the strange happenings of the past day. Amory stopped there, looking down curiously at the choices in Sam's arms. "Your choices? I do love grays," he noted, not taking the clothes from the other's hands, because that would be rude, though he did find great curiosity in what exactly they were. Then shifting his gaze to look at the other's face, he actually took a notice of this familiarity. Have I...? Eyes held wide like a curious child's, he inspected the other's face for a quiet moment before noticing that he had been staring, and shifting his gaze away politely.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 06:19 AM

Sam had not meant to startle Amory when he had knocked, only to make sure he was not interrupting him and anyone else that might be in there with him. looking down at Amory he realized he really had not truly seen this man until now. all other times Sam had been trying to hide himself or make the younger man fear him. last night he had only been a mark but today he was a man, a hansom man with so much ahead of him that he would never really look back to this time in three years. some how Sam had to find a way to make sure this man accepted him in as a close friend, maybe... No I will not think of that now, he is not Fate, I don't want anyone but Fate. then why did he not do the job he had been hired to do last night. "Yes I am the insane soul that spoke up when she was screaming for money or something. I am not sure what other then a hat that cost 13 dollars were lost or damaged by the stage hands. she did not tell me when we got back to her kingdom." holding up the suits so he could see them better Sam smiled. "she said that I was to pass the choice by her but..." he looked down at his own suit that just was slightly off for the right shade for him. "I was not going to trust her pick to how you looked, she may be good with woman but she is not good with men. If I can swing it, I would like your wardrobe moved here if you don't mind. I could take care of it and make sure that all was well without her hovering." he sighed dramatically as if a tragedy was about to happen. "but unless some one steps in and pushes for me to be removed from under her thumb," he shrugged."she is going to hound me to the ground." that was not the complete truth but then Amory did not need to know that she was going to end up dead before Sam was driven away.

"which do you like better for the performance tonight? I hear that I need to tell the lighting staff what color you will be in before you go on so they can have the right color filters up." when Amory looked up at him his first reaction was to look away. Not let the other see his eyes that would lock his face in the others mind. gritting his teeth he looked back at Amory wishing him to see Sam and not just an aid. he wanted to drop the suits to the floor and fall to his knee telling this song bird all he had done for him so far. he wanted so bad to whisk him away from here to a new life and set up a new job for both of them. but he could see it in Amory's eyes that the singing was his life. there was going to be no love if the one that took him away did not allow him to sing. "you are unnerved by my eye? most people are, I have always had them."

Arc Angel

Old 02-18-2014, 07:08 AM

Amory chuckled after hearing what her fuss had been about, shaking his head in disbelief. What a woman. Rubbing his neck, he grinned half-heartedly in the other's direction, as if he already felt bad for him on his first day with her. Amory just assumed she wouldn't end up being any nicer in the near future. "Good luck with that one, she's a real... firecracker," he picked that word carefully, then smiled a little at the choice. It does seem to suit her and those shrieking tantrums... As Sam explained what he had already learned about how the men's wardrobe, and some of his intentions, as in how he'd like to move it to Amory's dressing room, Amory found himself listening with intrigue. It was a casual subject, but the new ideas that could come into play here excited him just a bit. He was curious about how this could play out. After looking away initially, he caught a second glance at him, a shorter one that left his thoughts briefly lingering on other things. He isn't hard on the eyes, either.

As soon as his thoughts turned to that, he snapped himself out of them and turned his back to him briefly to look around the room. "It certainly is big enough for some wardrobe space," he observed, gathering that that could make his daily routine here go more smoothly. The idea had an appeal to it that Amory was tempted by, but he spoke nothing more on it. Instead, he allowed himself to face him once again, this time after clearing his head of his previous thoughts on Sam's appearance. His focus this time rested solely on the suits as he looked between the two, both of which decent choices. Still, the grey coloring had always been a favorite of his. "This lighter toned one, I think," he spoke hesitantly after a few moments of quiet consideration, then a grin took his lips, "I'm not used to having input as to what I wear on stage, really." He added the second bit a tad sheepishly, then cleared his voice a little as he again looked between the two options. "What do you think?" he then asked, allowing himself to look straight at him again, pushing himself to focus.

This was when he noted the strange coloring of his eyes again-- the eyes he had seen the other night. His aquamarine orbs widened a little at the sight of them, as they were strange indeed, but there was a mysterious allure to them. There was something curious there that wasn't as unsettling as he had found them the night prior. The coldness was gone this time; Amory felt no sense of unease at all. When he was then asked about them, a light tint colored his cheeks as he realized this time that he had been indeed staring, and probably caught red-handed judging by his question. Idiot! He cursed himself mentally, but did not break eye contact. "They're unusual, the coloring and how they mismatch," he commented calmly, just letting his thoughts speak for him, "They aren't unsettling to me, though." He spoke this honestly, but failed to mention that he remembered them. Last night, there was something sinister in them. Cold. It's gone now... but didn't he just start this morning? Questions running through him, though of nothing overly suspicious, he casually sat down on the stool he had previously been perched upon.

Wishing not to think of such seemingly trivial things, he let his attention draw back to the other's eyes. The green is actually rather pretty... and the black is unique, they're a striking pair. Amory found himself fancying them a bit, but said nothing of it, instead returning to humming softly during the break in conversation.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 AM

"yes that she is." Sam nodded at the thought of how much a firecracker Aneta really was. but then he had no plans on having to deal with her that much after this night. if he had to he was going to find a way to get the don move him to Amory's room. few if any would think about an assistant being moved in to take care of the main act if they were really good. In truth it might add a bit more to the don's image and that of his song bird if he got him an assistant. As Sam spoke he realized that he might have some one to aid him in the body of Amory himself. "It might make any changes needed for you to go on the floor alot quicker if I was in here and not halfway around the stage." ducking his head he fanned embarrassment at putting himself forward like that. "the don would have the power to do it if you asked." he mumbled just loud enough for Amory to hear. it was all an act of course but then how was Amory to know that. looking up he caught Amory turning quickly to look anywhere else but at him. are the rumors true? does he really only fancy men? a part of him took to wing at the thought only in the next moment to be knifed down by his Assassin half. Wise up, the longer you stay here the more of a target you become for those up and coming boys. it reminded him.

"It is quite big enough for the suits to hang safely without damaged coming to them and as long as only you and I have the key to this room no one could take your suits or props if you so wished to have some." not that he could see Amory every using props to make his show go well. smiling at Amory he waited as he looked over the suits and tried to pick one. "how is it you have no say in your clothes you put on for the stage? is it not your act that you are putting on?" he was in fact surprised that this man that dressed so well on his own was never allowed to pick his own outfits for the stage. from now on Sam swore this man would have some say in what he wore, weather it meant buying him a full new wardrobe or going behind her back like he had done today. "I think that the gray one is a really good choice. it was my first pick for you but I wanted you to have a say in what you had to wear." hooking the hanger up on the coat rack he took off first the jacket then the vest before reaching the shirt below. this he held out to Amory to slip into. he would do the same with the rest of the upper half of clothes but would only hand him his pants. there was a fine line between helping and being a creep.

smiling a tiny real smile Sam looked directly back Amory, he did not mind if the other man looked at his eyes as if they were a work of art. it had been a long time since anyone had really looked passed the odd color and truly saw the beauty in them. "I am glad they dont Unsettle you, if I am to work often with you. it would be very uncomfortable if you found me unnerving to be around and yet we still had to work together." reaching out he dusted a small speck of what looks to be coal dust on Amory cheek his hand resting there just a fraction longer then really was needed. "is there anything more I might be able to help you with Amory? maybe help you fix up your hair to suit the outfit?" all his training to see the feuds in the crowd had also given him the training to now how to make some one look like what they were not. Now he wished to make Amory look the best he could ever look, the more the don liked Amory's then less likely he would get rid of Sam.

Arc Angel

Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 AM

Amory let his thoughts wonder for a moment over why Sam would then choose to take this job, especially if he already knew of Aneta's attitude. Is he desperate for the work? He didn't seem poorly dressed when I first saw him speaking with Aneta, but maybe he is coming from a bad situation. Or rather, he just need a side job? He allowed himself to picture a variety of possible scenarios that he fancied the man could be facing right now, but did not have the audacity to ask something to personal of someone he'd just met. What was he doing here last night? Amory remembered him talking about needing a place to smoke, but there had been something too unsettling about him then for Amory to now believe that, with the change he now saw in him.

The seeming embarrassment coming from the other had him puzzled, ceasing his few moments of humming as he watched, curious of his behavior as he made the suggestion. Raising an eyebrow at him, Amory contemplated the request. It could make things earlier, and he seems to know what he is doing. Why the shy face? Shaking his head a little, unsure of what to surmise, he shrugged. "Alright, ya got me. I'll have a talk with him," he decided, casually enough, not thinking the request had been anything groundbreaking. It truly wasn't a lot to ask for of him, and the Don would love any suggestion to better this place, to add more class. This could certainly do just that, in a subtle way.

As Amory faced Sam's questions over his wardrobe choices, he gave a little shrug, then sighed softly. "To be honest, I'm still rather new here. Back at my old gig, there wasn't much control for me," he spoke quietly now, not fond of thinking back, and definitely understating his feelings. He had had no control at that point in time. Quickly diverting to the present to answer the question fully, he then chuckled and lightened up, "I guess I never thought to take the initiative in getting my opinion in here. Aneta is a woman I'd rather not face, if ya catch my drift." He smiled a little once more, liking the idea that the suit option he had chosen was a good one. Amory liked to think he had some clue in what looked good; he was also more than happy to hear that this was teh choice originally designated for him by Sam. He had also picked well. Maybe having him nearer by is a good decision, after all... He decided after some thought, trying to push back the voice demanding that he was also much-needed eye candy. "I'll ensure the Don at least hears this suggestion of yours, it would certainly be handy to have you nearby." He spoke thoughtfully, though his phrasing didn't quite make it out the way he wished it to.

What Amory hadn't expected, but probably should have, was that Sam would help him dress. It was typical of Aneta or a stagehand to do so, traditional even, but the idea of this man seeing him change was a bit intimidating. Relax, he begged himself, He's just doing his job. Brushing the embarrassment from his mind, he grinned at the other as he removed his vest and button-up and accepted the shirt he had been offered. Amory was not built by any means, but he had some tone in his lean frame that kept him from being lanky. As he changed, he averted Sam's eyes, still feeling the hesitation of changing in his presence despite his effort to not think of it in that way. Once he was done, he adjusted the jacket a bit before smiling at the fit. Turning to look in his mirror, he nodded, happy with the outfit. "Great choice," he commented happily, turning to flash a broad smile over his shoulder at Sam.

At the mention of his eyes, Amory turned to fully face Sam again, grinning. "Of course they don't unnerve me. There is quite a lot in this business that does, but you are not one of them." He assured the other, not that he was sure he had needed to say that. As his hand then reached out to brush his cheek, Amory froze, looking in awe at his hand as he again felt the tingle of the contact of his skin. For not a second longer after Sam had removed his hand did Amory allow himself to look at him, instead turning his back to him as he moved to sit once again, his gaze downward cast. A handsome man cannot distract you from keeping your focus. Don't get trapped again. You have only just escaped. Grin fading, Amory looked in the direction of the bouquet for a quiet moment, wondering again about whom this angel was before he replied again.

"I give you free rein. Let's see what you can do," he decided to test him in his own way, a small smile making its way to his lips as he looked back at the man from where he sat, facing the mirror now. "You're new and need to impress Aneta, so have at it." He added sweetly, seeming to understand the need for Sam to prove himself in this new position. Amory had been in a similar boat until his performance last night; that, he believed, had secured his position rather well.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 AM

"thank you, I think he would take it better from you then some lowly wardrobe man that was just hired." In fact what he knew of the Don's they would more trust their talents that they had just acquired, then they would trust one of their workers that had been working that job for many years. He had seen enough men fired because a love affair had died badly and the lady talent did not want to have to see him any more around her. more men in show business had been lost in the drink because of this then because of the love of the drink itself. as long as they had two coins to rub together the bartender would pour them another until they were so drunk they did not know what was happening to them. He had even heard that there were still places on the West coast that you could get pressed ganged into working on a ship bound for hong kong and Shanghai.

as he helped Amory dress he watched Amory from the corner of his eyes trying not to make Amory feel like he was being watched and judged by this man who was new to the place and pushing his way into the his room. he wanted to make Amory's live so much easier then it had been all his life. "I hope you not to uncomfortable with me helping you dress. I just feel that with my help I can see what you can not." reaching out he straitened his vest in the back before helping him into the jacket. "because of one thing or another. I once worked as a valet but was let go because one in the family claimed I had been stealing." neatening his jacket seams he smiled at Amory. now let him believe that was why he acted the way he did, it was true he had worked as a valet, yet that had only been for one night and it had been the means to an end. gently turning him around he neatened the rest of the suit after Amory had adjusted and slipped the tie up around his neck. it was only seconds and his hand the tie done up in a full Windsor knot. "that looks very fitting for a man of your voice, no one will be paying attention to their husbands now." smiling he dusted off Amory's shoulders to remove any lint that might have appeared there.

"things in this business like that don's death?" he shivered in fake disgust and fear. "its been some time since something nasty like that has been on the front paper." furring his brow Sam thought over what the last time there had been anything big like this in the papers. "why its been a few years now. last big hit was before the Don's agreed to that big sit down three years back." pulling out a hanky from his pocket he wiped off the soot onto the handkerchief so it did not get on the gray suit. noticing Amory reaction he smiled. "sorry you had a bit of soot on your face that needed to be cleaned away, I probable should have just told you."

Taking up the brush, comb and Palmaide Sam quickly set to work on styling his hair up, Palmaide was a new product that had been hitting the night clubs for singers to keep their hair perfect with out it getting in the way. "now I don't know if you have used this before, you will need to wash it out with a good strong soap if you don't want it in tomorrow, Yet" holding up his hands to stall Amory from making a comment. "all you need is a touch of heat and this will become as supple as when I put it in and you can redo the hair style or do a new one." having taken a palm full of the stuff he slowly worked it in his hands to warm it up enough that it would go in the hair with no problem. He commonly used this stuff when he wanted to move about places without having his hair in his eyes but at this moment he had nothing in his hair. Stepping between Amory and the mirror he got to work. after a few moments he finished working and smiled. "that looks dashing. if you dont like it I can always work it into a different look it will just take a bit of time." stepping behind him he layed his hands on his shoulder and looked at him though the mirror. "well what do you think?"

Arc Angel

Old 02-18-2014, 06:32 PM

Amory grinned a little at his comment, nodding in agreement with the idea. As a general rule, that was indeed how things worked with the Dons. Their talents did have quite a decent amount of say as it comes to input, even if they were new hires, and especially in comparison to what the stagehands were allowed. Many of them would never speak to the Don unless he was feeling particularly talkative, Amory assumed. It really is a trivial thing of him to ask. I have no problem helping a guy out once in a while. Absent-mindedly, his gaze flickered over to where the bouquet stood, with its differing blooms and colors. My Angel. He thought again of the possibilities of what this name recurring from his dream could mean, whom he could have actually been speaking with last night when he thought he had been curled up at home. I was at home at the time, wasn't I? Many questions rushed him, but their muddled activity ceased as Sam spoke up again, so mention his reason for being there to help him change.

The songbird cringed, noting that he must've acted strange about it. This is no different than another stagehand's help. He can tell you're acting strange. Chuckling, Amory shook his head. "I've no problem with it. I guess attention in general is something I'm not used to off the stage," he explained, even as he felt as thought that was not a good enough answer. Rather, he almost avoided the attention off of stage at times, because he truly wanted the focus on his voice, not him. Once the focus shifted to him, a person could become close. A man could get me into another sticky situation. I just hardly got away from Carpi's hit... A new focus lit his eyes, but his facial expression would show no change. "A valet, huh? I can imagine the people you'd meet," he spoke thoughtfully, "Must've been an interesting job. Some folks just don't know when to stop pointing fingers, though." Amory stood still as Sam adjusted his tie and brushed some lint off of his suit, a small grin resting at his lips at the compliment. "I appreciate that." He replied earnestly, though the idea of wives ignoring their husbands was a bit humorous to him. Yes, women came onto him, and mostly on those nights that he performed, but he had no interest there.

There was an instant mood shift in Amory as Giuseppe's death was mentioned. His body tensed a bit, his hands balling into fists for a moment before a pang in his right hand made him release them both. Looking down at it blankly, he sighed a little and then let his gaze travel elsewhere. "Yeah, mob business," he replied after a few quiet moments, still unsettled by the news, but not completely saddened by it. "Don Giuseppe didn't have a lot of friends, it's almost not too much of a surprise that he bit it. It is something, though. Those newsies eat it up." He spoke casually enough, but his brows furrowed themselves slightly as his confusion about the past day's events surfaced again. It's better off that he is gone, after all, but who would have offed him? He didn't actually seem to be in a lot of trouble. Hell, he called a hit out on me, not... Amory's eyes widened a little, lips parting as he pieced together a seam of the puzzle. The person whom warned me of the hit, they'd been following me that night. They could have followed me home. They could have been the one I was talking to... Amory shivered a little, not sure he enjoyed that idea. I could have that blood on my hands. This was the thought that trouble him the most, but others followed. Who was he?

His whirring thoughts distracted him from some of Sam's explanation of the Palmaide, but Amory snapped back to before the other had finished applying it to his hair. He did not speak until Sam was finished, and standing behind him, the weight of his hand's resting on Amory's shoulders. A small smile lifted his lips as he inspected his reflection, then laughed a little. "I could've used some of this last night," he commented, a compliment to Sam's use of it, "Thank you. It's a different look, and I'm liking it."

Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 10:02 PM

Sam watched as the thoughts moved through Amory's head, so many people thought that they were good at hiding their thoughts and feeling from their face. Sam liked how Amory seemed not even to try to hid them here back stage. Like we are all the same and there is nothing to hid, oh my sweet song bird how wrong you are on that account. He watched him look over at the flowers he had brought, they looked perfect there on the table. he would have to remember to bring more the next few nights. He would have to be careful about who saw him bring them in, although if he did not mind spending the dime he could always hire a runner to bring them in, he would just have to find the right one.

when he cringed Sam worried that he had done something wrong, for the first time in his life he was really having a bit of a problem trying not to act as he wanted. he wanted to wrap this man up take him off to a place where no one had heard of the Mob and then set him up to sing, but there was no in jobs for him at a place like that. Amory would be fine but Sam would have to find a new way to live and that just did not appeal to him. any job that did appeal to him would be out of his reach with no proof he had the training for it. smiling he lit his face as Amory spoke of all the people he might have met being a valet. "I did not really meet that many. it was only his lordship and his wife most of the time. on the rare occasion it was their kids as well. He was not up to holding house parties and she was not one for having guests."

"the Newises are always eating it up when it comes to the Don's, Hollywood has their stars and we on the east coast have our Don's. The Newises love powerful people that fall from grace and the common people love to know what the Powerful people are up to. " Sam waved his hand as if to dismiss what the newise thought and the public. "He was no good as the rest of them, I had heard that last night he had hired a few killers to knock off the Don's. I would not be surprised if one of them did not order one of his men to kill Don Giuseppe,"He could almost see it in Amory's eyes the thought that he might have some how been involved in the hit. "but don't worry about it. none of us little people could ever have dealt a blow like that to the don's so they wont go looking down here for anyone."

"you like it? now just remember you can keep the stuff in just heat it up in the morning with warm steam to be able to mold it into place. when I was a Valet I used this all the time to keep from having bad hair in the middle of the night. just asked one of the maids for one of her old silk stalkings to put over it at night and not a single hair was out of place. now granted this was before my hair got as long as it has, and before I had no job. Maybe in the next few weeks when i have enough I will get it cut." stepping around from behind Amory he looked in the mirror and tucked it up to see how it would look shorter. "what do you think? should I cut it or just leave it the length it is?" what he really wanted to know was if Amory liked his partners hair long or short.

Arc Angel

Old 02-18-2014, 10:54 PM

Amory was glad to see Sam's smile surface again after his comment on what it must've been like to work as a valet, but Sam's own take on the situation let down the image he had had running through his mind. He must've sounded foolish, making that assumption. Embarrassed, Amory said nothing in turn, instead keeping his mouth shut this time. Why do I even care what I said? He felt a bit restless, with his thoughts churning as they were, and the presence of Sam seemed to just add more to the flurry sweeping through him. He hadn't had quite so much on his mind in a long time. It was starting to give him a bit of a headache, his fingers itching to rub his temples, though he withheld the urge.

His eyes widened a little as he heard Sam next comment on the newsies, his opinion on them seeming to be pretty clear even as he dismissed the topic. That's... refreshing. A grin was just starting to take shape along his lips when it stopped dead in its tracks midway, the mention of the rumors from Sam throwing him off. Wait, but I had been one of those target last night. Was I involved? A mixture of anxiety and fear danced in his eyes, even after Sam tried to wipe them of blame. Sam, the stagehands, hell-- anyone here could be seen as clean. I am still not so sure. Amory played through what he remembered of the night again, about his conversation with this angel of his. What actually happened? The more he thought about it, the more he distrusted his idea of it being a dream.

"I do," Amory spoke honestly as he looked at how neatly his hair had just been styled, nodding slowly along with the instructions he received about keeping it in, had he wanted to. I might do just that. He mused, then letting his gaze move to Sam's hair in the reflection of the two of them. He tried to imagine Sam slipping the silk stocking on his head like he described, and though he found the idea a bit silly, it lead him to smiling once again. "I think..." He began, then let his voice trail off as he studied Sam's image in mirror, trying to focus on how his hair may appear if it were cut. I do like the curls, though. Amory, quickly correcting his thought process, spoke up again more firmly, opting not to compliment him as he had first wanted to, "It looks great as is, actually. It seems to suit you, in a way."

Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 11:34 PM

Creating a look of shock and dismay as Amory's smiled stopped dead at his mention of the hits and who killed the Don, he gasped and covered his mouth. "oh gods, Don't tell me he had a hit on you? gods you must have been so scared." then he let it seem to sink in as Sam made his eyes widen. "Oh NO! I never meant to say that you would, there is no way you could have. You dont have have the money let alone the connections to have a hit on the Don preformed like that one." shaking his head Sam acted flustered and moved about the room trying to find something to do with his hands. He did not want Amory to think that he might have anything to do with the kill let along make him think that the angel did. If he started to fear the Angel then Sam whole plan was ruined to protect him. "look" he said turning back to Amory. "I know, and every one else knows that you and the Don did not part on the best of terms. If any of the Don's wanted to they could have used a hit on you to get at the Don. you know send one of their men in to act like the killer that is hired to kill you, send him to tell you that there is a hit out on you hoping you will run to your Don. then when that dose not happen, which from your reaction I am guessing I have this about right so far." Sam cam back to stand near Amory wanting so bad to tell him it was all just a bad dream and that nothing happened. "He sends his man back to Don Giuseppe to tell him the deed is done and then bang boom before the money is taken from the vault he kills him."

"I am so glad you like it." Sam sighed to see Amory smile again after the worry about the Don. he really needed to watch what he said if this man was going to be this touch. " If you would like I could ask around for a silk stalking and snow you how to use it. Makes for a much easier time in the morning to do the hair. half the time you don't even have to heat it up, the hair is perfect." touching little points in Amory hair to put it perfect he smiled. the smile became a bit more knowing when Amory studied his looks through the Mirror. "then I will not cut it, I do enjoy the length but most people like a mans hair shorter." running his fingers through his hair he tiled his head just ever so slightly that Amory could get a better look at him. "I was just thinking with all the people around here with short hair that I might have to cut it. but then since your the only one other then the Firecracker that will have to see me, and her not for long I hope, I will keep it this length. I dont think she is going to have much say in my firing if you and the Don like my work."

Moving around the room he picked up all the different pieces of clothing that had been lain about, including all Amory's clothes from the day. "if you don't mine me asking, what is your relationship with the Don?" he looked up at Amory through the mirror his face with no emotions. "you don't have to answer that if you don't want to." setting the clothes down on a small end table near by he set to folding the clothes that could be and hanging the ones that needed hanging.

Arc Angel

Old 02-19-2014, 12:07 AM

Amory's eyes widened as Sam let out the initial outburst, standing from his chair quickly, flustered, but finding himself incapable of speaking. This, of course, partially because Sam took the explanation into his own hands. Sighing softly, he allowed himself to rub his temples finally, hoping that would relax his frayed nerves. I have got to watch my expressions much better. I hope no one heard that. Once he had described what he thought the situation could have been, Amory did feel just an ounce better. Grinning, he wouldn't reply, but instead hope to relay through it that he had accepted that explanation. Speaking on the topic this much was beginning to really kickstart the headache he had started for himself. I hadn't known this was all so obvious. How much does the public know about how Giuseppe and my partnership went down? He didn't want to begin to even ask himself at this point.

"That would be great. Maybe after the show, if you wouldn't mind? Either Aneta or one of the girls around here is bound to have extra stockings." He suggested, relaxing again as he thought about what it'd be like to have a quicker time with his hair in the mornings, and smiling at the thought, "It could definitely make things easier in the mornings." Amory decided, knowing all too well how unruly his blonde hair could be, even short at the short length it was at, reaching just below his ears. Then looking up at Sam, he showed his surprise that the other had deduced that he wouldn't cut his hair based off of what Amory told him. He fancied the thought at least, but also understood that it was really only his and Aneta's opinion that mattered. He also didn't seem fond of her. I'm glad he will be keeping the curls, though. Hearing his talk about the possibility of Aneta firing, Amory chuckled a bit. "She's a mouthy one, but has little to no power here. Aneta is one hell of a woman, pushes around the stage manager on his worse days, but it's not her choice whether you're sticking around. Especially if you'll be doing a good job, like tonight," he complimented casually, fond of the outfit choice selected for him and the idea of adding Palmaide to his routine.

Amory watched quietly as Sam began to pick up the clothing in the room, turning to look down at the notes he took for the night as the question came to rise. Sighing softly, mostly because he assumed this question was based of of a horrid rumor, he would look back up at Sam, wishing to correct the assumption if it were there. "My relationship with Carpi? He's my employer; it's that simple." He answered firmly, a little grin coming to his face as he went on, "He actually helped me out by offering me this job, seemed to know I was in a bit of trouble. He did me a solid, and I've been working hard to pay that back with good work. We get along well enough." He shrugged a little, unsure of what else there was to say about him. The lack of emotion on the other's face was a curious thing to him, it made him wonder where his thoughts were. Something he knew he shouldn't care about.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-19-2014, 12:44 AM

Sam was worried about Amory's reactions to the talk about how the hit was arranged. Maybe it would be a good thing to see if I can get one of the other Dons to take credit for the kill, I need to get this off his mind. I am worried he has made the connection to his angel and the hit and that wont do. He wont trust the Angle after this if he thinks that the angel did it. even if it was for his own safety, he is never to know. trying to look reassuring Sam tilted his head so he could see Amory's face better. "do you have a headache coming on? should I run down to the drug story for something? its not that far."

"sure after the show, no problem." Not that I am going to ask the girls or Aneta for a stocking. for you I will not be getting anything but the unused ones, I dont want the change of one with a run it in messing up that hair. not after the work I put into it. nodding he smiled and seemed to relax at the thought that it would help him in the morning. he planned on every day having a steaming tea pot ready to fix anything before he went on stage for the night. "at this time she does have power over whether I stay or go. he hired me by her request, if she says I am not working out then I am out the door the next moment."

Sam smiled a wide grin as he folded the clothes watching Amory through the mirror. "its good, I would hate to have to watch my step around here, worried I am going to walk in on the don and you. anyway up until the point of you being hired by Don Carpi, all I had ever heard of him wanting was a dame." setting the last of the folded clothes aside he looked around the room. there was noting else in the room that he could use as an excuse to stay here and not go back to his station behind the door of the dressing room. "then when you get hired here those rumors start going around that you two were..." he raised his eyebrows. "Not that it is any of my business who you wish to take to bed but.. well you know how that can look?" picking up the other suit he tucked it over his arm and patted it. "well I will see you after rehearsals and fix anything you need fixing."

Arc Angel

Old 02-19-2014, 01:17 AM

Looking up at Sam, he felt a bit bad for allowing himself to look sickly in front of him. There's no good in that. I don't need anyone working backstage here to know. Hide your thoughts better. He waved the thought of taking something for the headache off. "Thank you, but I'll be alright. Just a lot to think about today." He spoke honestly enough, but stripped the details from that. Amory wasn't one to spill his problems on a man he'd just met, not that he typically answered personal questions from one, either.

Amory smiled and nodded as Sam accepted the idea of helping him with the stocking after the show, glad he'd come to know how to take care of his hair in this product. Also, not that he would admit it even to himself, but he was looking forward to seeing him around more. "I suppose she does, for the time," Amory accepted, though he did still think otherwise. If he came to enjoy his company, he could always put in his word over Aneta's. That could be a hassle, sure, but he didn't think she'd give him a hard time about it. At least, not while his was the public face, the one the Don used for publicity. It was Amory's opinion of this joint that mattered when things didn't directly influence the Don, and he knew that to some extent. He won't be getting fired in any case, if this is how he continues to work. Still, he know the hassle Aneta could probably be, so the bit of pity he felt for Sam still remained. He didn't want to think of him fired, which was an odd feeling to handle.

Instead of cringing at the rumors like he typically may have, Amory chuckled and shook his head at how Sam handled his answer. "Lord, no. Carpi has a fine-tuned taste for women, and that is more than fine by me." He stated simply, telling that both the Don was not interested (or didn't seem so), and neither was he, in any romantic relations. Then sighing a little, he nodded, knowing how the rumors would have him look. Poor. That was all there was too it. "Right. Good luck with her," Amory said with a smile, partially joking. Only partially.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 AM

"Ok you just looked like you had a headache coming on and I would hate for you not to be able to preform." not that I am not going to go get you something anyways for it. then I.. no you can have it on hand when you need it and wont feel bad taking it. Smiling to hide what he thought same nodded. "you will tell me if you need anything right?" He did not show the concern that he felt for the man, that would only go against what he was trying for.

"soon as you talk to the Don the sooner she will have no power over me." he said with a soft lilt to his voice. "but if she happens to get me fired before you have a chance you could always say you need an assistant to take care of you." he smiled as if it was a joke that he had just cracked. The Don, if he was in the club tonight would want to see Amory some time during the brake between his sets so he could show him off the rest of his friends. Sam would have to keep a close eye on him at those times right now. a thought had been nudging the back of his head about Don Giuseppe men taking a hit out on the song bird to get back at him for their bosses death. it was a good thing he had gotten this job, it gave him a batter chance of seeing the killers and being allowed to act that his other idea would not have allowed. now he only needed to find a way to get Amory to allow him to walk him home. he did not like to trail the man each night but it looked like for some time he was going to be doing that. maybe he could get an apartment in the building next door, he would have to look into that.

the laugh of Amory seemed to run up and down Sam's spine bringing a light gasp to his lips. never had a man or woman's voice been able to do such things to him. A part of him wondered what else it could do to him if Amorys voice spoke the right words just to him. shaking his head he tried to drive the thought from his brain. No he was not going to brake his oath that way, he was never going to take a target as a lover. "I am just glad to hear," his brows furrowed. "unless you have a lady friend that might stop by for a little nightcap." he said raising his eyebrows ever so slightly. "if you do have a lady friend we should work out a way for me to know that your involved and to come back later to the room. " with that he bowed ever so slightly and walked out of the room. Walking back along the busy hall he tried to get his mind of that laugh and the feelings it invoked throughout his body. He knew that Amory singing voice could easily catch him up and hold him till there was not a note more but that his laugh could so such things as well, now that was something he was going to have to be careful of.

as he was walking away the stage manager knocked on Amory door. "ten minutes till rehearsal." he walked on to pound on the next door yelling the same thing.

Arc Angel

Old 02-19-2014, 06:56 AM

Amory smiled gratefully, nodding in response to Sam. "I am alright for now, but thank you. Yes, I'll let you know in the future." That was a lie, but he wasn't being incapacitated by it. It was just a mild ache that he could definitely work around. He's observant, I'll have to keep that in mind. He noted, after seeing how he picked up so easily on his facial expression and body behavior. Or perhaps I'm simply an open book. In either case, I need to work on that... He was still appreciative of the offer, he just did not want to ask him to go through the extra effort when he was already helping to make his life easier in other ways. What he had already done was more than enough for Amory to be thankful for.

As he was reminded that timing could be important in when he spoke with the Don, Amory nodded in understanding. Same seemed a bit persistent with this subject, so he would have to be sure to get that talk over with when he got the chance. It could mean his job, after all, if Aneta had a tantrum. Amory wanted nothing to do with being the reason that someone was fired, much the less killed. His thoughts kept circling last night in unprecedented ways, but he would always find a way to distract himself. In this case, it was Sam's mention of his having a lady friend. Best not to deny that one. The rumors are enough as they are... Rubbing the back of his neck, he simply nodded instead of refuting the idea. "I will let you know if any of those circumstances arise," he spoke in good faith, knowing that he indeed would, but felt a tug at his gut for not denying that. It just didn't feel right to make it seem like a possibility. Amory could have women- he could have Don's wives, if he was daring - but he didn't want them. He let his gaze drift back to Sam, with those dark curls and the intriguing eyes. Then he was gone.

Amory sat quietly humming once more, thinking of the conversation he had just been a part of a bit more than he would have liked to. When he heard the knock, his heart fluttered, as soon he'd be on stage again. Not for the audience quite yet, but the adrenaline he got for rehearsals was enough to make him smile. Switching his mindset to focusing on the song he had kept humming through, he cleared his throat and drank quite a bit of water in preparation. A few minutes before they began, he left the sanctuary that was his room to greet the band again, already practicing on stage.

Smiling in greeting again, the men spoke for a few short seconds before stagehands began to go through the introductions. Amory was opening tonight, and had most of the night under his control. There were only two short breaks during his set, one of which he had been told earlier would probably be occupied by speaking with Don Carpi.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-19-2014, 07:27 AM

"And where have you been?" Aneta's voice started to shriek as she caught sight of Sam walking back to the wardrobe area. He held up a hand in front of her mouth to shut her up. the look of surprise and fury only made him smile. setting the second suit on a nearby chair he lead her through the maze that was the back stage area to where she could watch Sam come out of the dressing room.

"that is where I have been." he said as Sam walked from the room to great the band his hand still over her mouth. he was not going to let her speak until she really got a good look at Amory and how he looked. her eyes grow wide and a smile seemed to grow in them. "that is why I say I would do better in the room with him then in your cramped little place. he agrees with me that it would make his performance run smoother if I was working in there with him." slowly moving his hand away from her mouth she blinked at him a few times.

"well." pursing her lips she looked him up and down, then looked out at Amory. "well... I never. If it were not for how nice he looks I would have you out on your ears with that stunt mister." a smile pulled at the corner of his lips. "but as I see you have not only picked out a well fitted suit for him but have also made him more presentable." she sighed. "I will see what I can do, but I would like to know what he is wearing before the performance sooner then this if you dont mind next time." with that she turned away as tromped down the hall to her domain. she only paused to pick up the clothes that Sam had left on the chair.

Smirking Sam turned to look back at his song bird and how the band was receiving him. there were a few in the band that he could tell were going to try to wiggle their way into the young song birds heart but Sam now knew that his song bird was not going to be singing for anyone but his Don any time soon. after making sure that the lightning was correct on Amory, Sam left the building to go down to the corner drug store. there he bought one set of silk stockings and one bottle of some pain medicine that was not an going to get Amory addicted. the only thing sam wanted him addicted to was singing and sams touch. on his way out he thought to pick up a pack of smokes but thought better of it, if he was going to be around Amory more often then he had to give up the habit. he bought a bundle of cinnamon sticks in their place. he had heard they were a good way to brake the habit and to freshen your breath.

walking back he saw a young man he had seen recently, but thought nothing of it as he wanted to hear Amory sing some more. it was because of this that the first punch caught him off guard. he doubled over his hands dropping the bag and going instinctively to the knives concealed along his back. coming back up he growled finding that the man had a friend with him, a big lumbering club smacking friend. the fight did not take long as no sound was uttered. picking up his bag from the ground he stepped over the two bodies as the air cooled them. he could feel the shiner starting on his left eye, that had been a lucky hit. the one he could not understand was the pain in his right hip. he made it all the way back into Amorys dressing room without some one seeing him. pain made him slump to the ground gritting his teeth, his back to the door. the paper bag on the dressing table as he sat there trying to disconnect himself from the pain. it did not help that he kept being drawn into the music.

Arc Angel

Old 02-19-2014, 07:45 AM

Amory sang three songs for practice, all of which went rather smoothly. The only thing preventing him from heading straight back to the dressing room once the stagehand had said he had gone through enough and he could go and rest was that he wanted to adjust how the trumpet's entry had worked into one of them. It was only a few minute conversation, but the musician himself seemed up for the change. He would sit there practicing it for a few minutes longer with him in particular, then once they got it down, Amory would smile. "Beautiful. Thank you," he spoke casually, clapping the man gently on the shoulder as he stood to head back stage. However, his arm was caught. Blinking in surprise, Amory took a step back to look at the older man, perplexed. "Yes?" He inquired, eyes wide with curiosity as he stared blankly at the trumpet player.

The other man cleared his voice a little, then seemed to have a change of heart, shaking his head instead of saying what he initially had meant to. "You're doing a fine job here," he spoke in compliment of him, then let go of Amory rather hastily. Blinking, Amory stared at him for another quiet second before accepting that that was all he had had to say. "Thanks, I appreciate it." He replied, fully believing that the man wanted nothing else of him as he headed on back stage. Humming bits of the next song he intended to sing after the three he had practiced, Amory made his way down the hall to his dressing room. On the way, he noticed Aneta looking pleased with herself, but didn't bother to ask why. She must think he's doing well. It's good to see that. He let a smile crawl onto his lips as he reached his dressing room. He hadn't expected it to be occupied.

Opening the door swiftly, he let out a gasp as he saw that someone had been pressed up, back against his door.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-19-2014, 08:11 AM

Getting smacked in the back with the door had not been how he had planned for Amory to see him again. sam had actually planned to stay out of the area till he could assess the situation. He gasped as he rolled onto his hip which sent a fiery pain through his body. "Damn Damn Damn" his voice was low as he tried to move so as not to get hurt again by the door or whoever was coming in. looking up he saw Amory standing above him, "damn again." his left eye was now a nice dark purple and near swollen shut. he knew he should have gotten aid for it but he just kept getting lost in the song. "mind handing me the bottle of pain med's in the bag. and any liquid you might have nearby." he could feel the bruise in the gut that frist punch had landed, it had been to long since he had gotten in to a normal street brawl.

sliding carefully along the floor he moved out of the way of the door his breath coming in short spurts from the pain. it was only his breathing and sliding along the floor that made it clear that he was in pain. Sam's face showed no impact of his bodies trauma other then his eye being puffy. "that was some good singing out there, Aneta really liked our work, she may even have the," he twitched as he tried to raise himself up onto a chair, gasping in the pain. "wardrobe move into here soon. although she still wants to see us before you go to rehearsals next time." he was trying everything he could think of to drive the pain away faster as he sat there. this was no good, how was he to protect Amory if Sam was in this shape. "I dont suppose that you know a place not to high in rent that would take a guy like me tonight? I don't have a place to stay since I lost my job."

Last edited by Lunna Dea; 02-19-2014 at 08:42 AM..

Arc Angel

Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 AM

After the initial shock, the first thing he noticed was that this man lying there was indeed Sam, and eh appeared to be in quite some pain from the way he moved. "Shit, Sam, what the hell..." His voice trailed off, eyes wide as he took a moment to notice that he had only added to the other's injuries. "S-Sorry about that," he then added, both embarrassed, confused, and concerned. The last was not something he would have truly expected. Brows furrowing, expression becoming focused, he would move quickly to do as asked of him. He hardly even noticed that Sam had continued to talk, even if it were about Aneta and his singing. He had instead been quickly picking up a bottle of water and fishing out the pain meds that he had mentioned.

Moving to hover near Sam, he cringed, just seeing the state of his eye. "God, what happened to you? Who did this?" He asked, more concerned with this than the mention of their work, handing him the proper dosage of medication and the water, after unscrewing its cap for him. "I am glad that you heard, and that she is considering that," he then added, as a second thought, to show he did care. It was just not on the subject that his thoughts lingered. After handing him what he had asked for, Amory fished out a clean cloth and some cooler water, dampening it to gently tend to Sam's eye with. One hand gently resting on Sam's shoulder, Amory leaned in to examine his eye, gently pressing the damp cloth to the skin around it in an effort to help ease the pain he must feel there.

The question he received took Amory a moment to dissect. Blinking in surprise of it, he thought for a moment, an idea coming to mind that he was unsure of. Is that even appropriate to offer? A little flutter went through his gut, though he made himself push away that anxious bubble of feeling. This was not the time. "You can stay with me tonight. We can find you an apartment in the area when you're on your feet." He decided, speaking firmly, not just making the suggestion to be nice. Amory was a soft-hearted person; he cared about others. Even those he disgusted, such as Giuseppe, he would have never directly chosen violence towards. This man being someone he appreciate the company of, and quite frankly someone he trusted more so that he knew he ought to, he was more than willing to allow him a night on his couch. Amory could contain his attraction at least that well.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-19-2014 at 08:49 AM..

Lunna Dea

Old 02-19-2014, 09:03 AM

"its ok, I should have moved from there earlier." he said between breaths. taking the meds and the water and downing them quickly with a swig. setting the glass bottle down he looked down at the label. raising an eyebrow he pointed to the label. "whats so great about mineral water bottled up in New York? says it's the best around?" he looked back down at it and took another drink. it did not matter where it came from, he need to drink and it was water. sighing he leaned back. "I got jumped by two goons that seemed to think I was a man that owed them some money,"

He had not realized how quickly Amory would come to care for him over the job. he seemed not to notice anything Sam had said about work until he had started caring for Sam. moving his hand to gently touch Amorys hand as the song bird put a cool cloth on his eyes he sighed. there was a sense of joy in his one good eye as he watched Amory from it. He had never been treated so sweetly by anyone after he had been wounded in a fight. it was always a pat on the back and quick work to bandage him up or being told to do it himself when he had lost the fight. that was how he had learned to avoid dieing in fights. he always had to be the one to win them or he would be in more pain then he should after.

His eyes opened in surprise when Amory offered his place for him to stay until he was on his feet again. 'your too kind, are you sure it wont bother you that a strange man is sleeping in your house? I would not want to be a bother and keep you up all night or anything like that. you and your voice are more important then me." he told the truth there, one of the few times he did not have to think of how to say something without telling the truth. "you should be getting ready for opening, its not to long now till they open the doors and you want to be ready." reaching up to get the clothe his hands brushed acrossed Amory's chest. "sorry." he brought a faint flush to his cheeks.

Arc Angel

Old 02-19-2014, 09:59 AM

Amory chuckled just a bit at how Sam seemed to be taking this situation so casually, bringing up trivial things, such as the water bottle's label, when Amory thought he should really show more self concern. He was upset that this had happened to him, so Amory was still refusing to let himself speak of other things, but he did find some humor in the oddity of Sam's behavior right now. Even if the situation wasn't so grand, he didn't treat it as such. Amory, on the other hand, was focused on him and his injuries. "Two goons, ya say?" He repeated, a bit of a pout coming to rest on his face, "Must've been new punks, to mix up a target like that. Idiots." Some anger did appear in his eyes at this, but it was more or less clouded with concern. Damn them... Sam didn't deserve this. Amory cared about others, and his sense of righteousness belonged nowhere near the mob.

"I can tell Capri about this, if you'd like." He then offered, seriously. The Don may not handle the situation well, but he would protect his own, even the newer ones. Though, Amory had a feeling he wouldn't be able to pin down the two guys, and even then, the punishment may overstate the crime. Even if it was hurting our newest. Noticing the feel of Sam's hand on his, a blush drew to Amory's cheeks, but he urged himself not to read too much into the simple gesture. Not to feel the butterflies that were entirely evident within his gut. However, looking down into the joy he could read in the beautiful eyes of Sam's, he couldn't help but relish the warm tingling sensation he was feeling.

As Sam seemed to wish to deny the offer, Amory shook his head stubbornly. "Oh, no, it's been decided. Please. Stay with me, your health is more important than my singing, you have to realize that," he countered, though he did prize his singing and knew that he had to work tonight. He didn't want to anger the Don. He could always talk Sam out of trouble, but that would be hard to do if he weren't here, and he couldn't exactly fix the fact that Carpi would be angry if he didn't show for the performance tonight. Sighing softly, Amory had to peel himself away from Sam, he knew. Or else I'll end up taking him home myself, and forfeiting this set. His job was his sole sense of support, the only thing keeping him afloat; he needed to keep it. Singing was everything to him.

The brush against his chest only added to the warmth he was feeling in his gut, but he knew he needed to push himself away now, or face going down a path that could be troublesome. "Here," he spoke softly, handing the cloth to Sam. He turned to scrawl down a note, his address, then fish a key from his pocket. "Head back to my place, I'll find you a taxi. Use the back exit. Rest yourself, I'll talk to Don Carpi and Aneta for you. No worries." He spoke earnestly, handing over the key and the note to Sam. Then, before he let the other even try to answer, he was poking his head outside the dressing room. He called over a stagehand, whispered with him for a private moment, then lead him in to see Sam. The man cringed at the sight of him and his eye, but made it evident that he had seen worse. He seemed to assume that this was mob-related business, which truly wasn't wrong. "This is Steven, as friend of mine. Trust him. He'll lead you out covertly, pay for the taxi. Take care, please. Don't forget who I work for." He urged, then sent one last, quick grin in Sam's direction before briskly turning and walking down the hallway.

Mentioning his employer at the end was a sort of threat in its own way, but Amory lacked the cold demeanor to actually seem to mean it. Instead, it acted as his rationality. The Don would hunt down a guy that ransacked his songbird's apartment, even if Amory didn't see that a possibility. He trusted Sam more than he knew he ought to. Even so, he knew if he shouldn't, his place wasn't much and he didn't have many expensive belongings. What was the worst that could happen? Plus, I can control myself for one night. He told himself as he walked to the backstage portion, wanting to speak with the stage manager before the performance began. Still, the face of Sam as he had nursed his eye stayed burned into his thoughts. Had that been happiness in his eyes?

Lunna Dea

Old 02-19-2014, 10:44 AM

"yep two goons." Sam looked up at Amory trying to understand why he was chuckling at him. he had never had a man chuckle at him before this night, not that he could recall. Not even Fate had chuckled at him when he had tried to cheer him up in those dark hours as they waited for their pray to come home. no one would have heard him if he had but he had kept a strait face. yet now here was this young man who barely even knew him reacting to what had been barely a true fight. to sam he was blowing it way out of proportion but then he was not a proper human being if his training had tough him anything. squinting he looked more closely at Amory, was that anger he was seeing in his eyes? it was then he realized that he was acting a bit odd himself.

"no no, you dont need to tell him. they got jumped by two others when I went down the second time. I dont know what happened to them." realizing he had forgotten something he mentally cursed himself for putting his knives away without cleaning them. he would have to do so tonight after Amory went to bed. Sam tried not to smile at the Song Birds blush at his hand on his. he wanted to reach up and brush the worry off his face, tell him it was going to be fine and that everything was right as rain. but Amory could tell just as sam could that everything was not as right as rain. He was going to be down one eye for a few days at least unless he got something better then the cloth on it. already the clothe was warming up to his skin.

"you dont know me. why are you doing this for me? risking your singing for me?" taking the clothe he watched as Amory got up and started writing something on a piece of paper. when he turned back and told him his plan sam blinked in surprise. "no! i could never leave you like this, just let me lay here for a time and then i will be up again and ready to get you out the door." pushing the key and note away he sat up a bit more holding the cloth to his eye. "I have had worse tuss ups and gone back to work. I can do this."sighing he leaned back again as Steven was brought in. seeing the look in the guys eyes he knew that man had seen a few musicians come through the back doors roughed up over money they owed that when on to play so that they could make up the money. when Amory walked out Sam sat up and sighed.

"Steven you have got to let me stay, I dont want him to worry about me like he is going to. get me a cut of meat with that taxi money and keep the rest if he gave you any. I can lay in here when he is on stage and then help him between the set. by the time he can go home I should be able to walk on my own." he didnt want to miss any of Amorys songs again. he had had worse pain then this in training and worked through it. "I dont think he will have a problem if he knows I am safe here, just tell him I dont feel safe going to his place and being there alone."

the sound of Don Carpi talking to someone in the main part of the club could be heard over the band warming up before the doors opened. "I dont care who killed those two i want to know why? we cant have two of Giuseppe's old goons dropping dead of knife wounds just around the corner from my club, it will be bad for business." who ever he was talking to did not have as loud of voice to carry over the band. "I know that and you know that but the other don's dont know that. Whats to say one of these Yahoo's don't decided to send in their pet cop to tear this place apart looking for anything they can pin on me?" he stopped again and waited as the other person spoke. there really was no clear angel from back stage to see the other man. "You can be certain that you can keep the coppers off my tail? your not yanking my chain now are you? cause if your not I have a few good bottles down the creek that have your name on them." smiling he moved through the main part of the club and into the back stage area. seeing Amory in the hall he smiled big. "and how is my song bird this evening? heard the good new?" before Amory could answer any of his questions he went on giddy to tell what he knew. " your old boss Giuseppe, may he rest in peace, his murder had been found!" a large smile crossed his face before he stuck his pipe into his mouth and took a drag. turning his head he blow it out away from Amory. "they found the guy in a motel, drunker then any man they had ever seen. he even admitted to having killed him and how he did it." He poked Amory gently in the chest. "what do you think of that? last night I was worried that he would find a way to take you away and this morning," his hands went wide in joy. "he is gone and we have nothing to worry about. so," he looked back at Amory. "what are you going to be singing tonight?"

Arc Angel

Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 PM

Hearing Sam's questions, but not wishing to face them right now, Amory instead kept himself focused on getting away from the other man before he allowed himself to stay with him. He needed to sing tonight, and he had already been distracted enough, regardless of whether or not Sam had truly been injured that badly. If he stays, he'd be fine. Couldn't run into other goons, but it'd be best that the Don and Aneta didn't see the state he was in. That would just make a scene. The Don would certainly busy himself with hunting the men down, and that meant a tough questioning for Sam and a strange look for Amory, since he was personally helping him out to take care and cover it up. Sighing, his thoughts buzzed as he walked about backstage, looking amongst the people present for the stage manager. As if the present rumors were not enough... Amory recalled that even Sam had asked whether or not he had been sleeping with Don Carpi, a thought that sent a little wave of disgust through him. I do like men, but... but that assumption is vile.

As he brushed shoulders with the small variety of performers practicing backstage, Amory let his gaze scan the little crowd, seeking out the stage manager. However, as a gruff voice overpowered the chatter and musical notes flitting up into the air, he recognized the voice of his Don and ceased his search, instead weaving through the crowd to exit out onto the small stage. Smiling as he saw the Don walking in, Amory greeted him with a friendly attitude. He was much better to mask his emotions in front of this man, not that he truly often felt the need to. He was appreciative of Carpi, so speaking with him on casual terms, even about morbid business, was something that didn't actually dim his smile. Even if he wasn't fond of he particular topic.

The way the man had chosen to phrase the topic, however, piqued Amory's interest. Hopping off of the stage casually, he rose a curious an eyebrow as the Don approached. So, the Angel that night really was just a figment of my imagination. Those flowers were just sent by a fan. Feeling a small wave of relief, and dropping the puzzle pieces he had been sorting through there, he would smile at what was said. It was good to see his employer in such good spirits, and he didn't mind their reasoning. Having a killer caught and off the streets was a breath of fresh air for him, even if he may be standing in front of one now. "Glad to here," he began cheerfully, "I'm surprised that went over so smoothly, all for the best!" Amory's smile only widened once he was asked about the performance tonight, knowing the Don may appreciate what he had to say. "I'm going with an up-beat set tonight, a string of music to dance to. Should have the folks filling the floor!" He spoke, excited, gesturing towards the dance floor they now stood now. "Hopefully a nice lot of women to draw 'em in, too," he added slyly, as if he would be interested in said girls. He had no liking for them whatsoever, but he knew his Don, and he fancied the likes of having pretty girls around. They're both something to look at, and good for business.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-20-2014 at 08:52 PM..