666DjFromTheDeath666
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2011, 01:35 AM

OMG i'm so sick and tired of the same music OVER AND OVER AGAIN !!!! -.- .. anyway... GOT ANY IDEA'S ! it can be anything ! but it haves to be english x) JUts type in the song and ill check it out on youtube thanks :) PLEASE ! >:D Oh and my favorite type is guitar music and rap .. thank you ! xox

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 10-08-2011, 01:37 AM

There's new music EVERYWHERE. If you haven't heard it yet, it's technically new, even if it's from the 70's :lol:

What do you mean by guitar music? Many different genres involve the use of guitars: country, rock, metal, blues...just to name a few.

I think it might be more helpful if you list a few artists you already enjoy so people can get an idea of the kinds of things you're more likely to be drawn to.

666DjFromTheDeath666
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2011, 02:49 AM

Ok buddie .. you've got a point :D .. Um ... My favorite for guitar music is Guns N Roses , ACDC , Bon Jovi , Led Zepellin , BB King , Gary moore ! ya know ... ? Oh and for rap music i really enjoy EMINEM and of course some other artist like T-pain , chris brown .. XD basicly everything pretty much :)

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-08-2011, 01:15 PM

I think the best way to find new music is through word of mouth. Talking to people in the industry made me discover some pretty awesome bands/groups/artists. Also, things like Pandora, Last.Fm, and Pure Volume are great for discovering artists that are similar to what you already like.

I personally love Florence + the Machine at the moment. Her vocals are just amazing. Not much guitar there though but amazing none the less.

I also love my boys in Taproot. They're a bit heavier for the most part. I would suggest looking up anything from their album "Blue-Sky Research".

One of my favorite bands of all times has to be Brand New.

Those will be easy to find online at least.

You may also like "The fabulous Miss Wendy". I don't personally like her vocals but she has that old style guitar going on. I'm pretty sure she has a Youtube. She toured with a friend of mine a while back.

Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 10-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Five words: turn off your normal radio. Radio was created to do the same thing for people to listen to.

Now the internet, look at it. LOOK AT IT. It's ugly isn't it? Now look at Pandora Radio or Last.FM. Suddenly, the net is a beautiful tool for finding music that suits you.

666DjFromTheDeath666
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2011, 02:13 PM

hahaha ! ;3

ZoSo_Fanatic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-08-2011, 04:12 PM

For rap, listen to the album Deltron 3030. If you like blues, listen to the other greats, not just B.B. King.

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 PM

*opens her music folder* I apologize in advance if this gets long. It'll also be in no particular order other than alphabetically. There will be a mix of rock, metal, classic rock, and a little rap/hip hop. Maybe even some punk!

Adelita's Way, Alkaline Trio, Anarbor, Anew Revolution, Audioslave, Baroness, Beastie Boys, Between the Buried and Me, Birthday Massacre, Bone Thugs n' Harmony, Boston, Breed 77, Busta Rhymes, Celldweller, Cerebral Ballzy, Common, The Cure, Cynic, Daddy Yankee (he has some English stuff), The Darkness, Def Leppard, Deftones, Dio, Dirge Within, DMX, The Doors, Dope, Dr. Dre, The Eagles, Ekotren, The Exies, Faith No More, Fashion Bomb, Ghost Brigade, Giant Squid, Godhead, GWAR, Haji's Kitchen, High on Fire, Ill Nino, Incubus, Iron Maiden, Isis, Jay-Z, Kansas, KISS, Kylesa, Lars Frederiksen & The Bastards, LL Cool J, Maroon 5, Mastodon, Megadeth, Mercyful Fate, Mobile Deathcamp, Motley Crue, Muse, Mutha's Day Out, The Offspring, Orgy, Oxymoron, Pitbull, POTTYMOUTH, Powerman 5000, Priestess, Queen, Ra, Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Rancid, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rob Zombie, Schoolyard Heroes, Sekshun 8, Sevendust, Sick Puppies, Slow Roosevelt, Snoop Dogg, Steve Miller Band, Third Eye Blind, Tiger Army, Van Halen, Wednesday 13, Weezer, White Lion, White Zombie, Whitesnake, Winger

The key to finding new music that you like is to just give things a try and see where it takes you depending on your own personal tastes.

ZoSo_Fanatic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-09-2011, 12:04 AM

Brewer & Shipley are an acoustic duo. Great folk-rock artists. Gogol Bordello is gypsy punk, punk rock fused with traditional folk from eastern Europe. Hot Tuna is a blues/roots group started by Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Cassidy from Jefferson Airplane. King Crimson is the pioneering group in progressive rock. Primus is an alternative rock trio that focuses around bass/bass guitar. Living Colour is an alternative rock/alternative metal group. M. Ward is a folk/alternative artist that is pretty good at guitar and piano. Del the Funky Homosapien is a great rapper that started in the 90's and started Hieroglyphics Imperium, one of the first hip-hop independent labels.

666DjFromTheDeath666
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 AM

is that all youre songs ? xD >>>>
Quote:
Adelita's Way, Alkaline Trio, Anarbor, Anew Revolution, Audioslave, Baroness, Beastie Boys, Between the Buried and Me, Birthday Massacre, Bone Thugs n' Harmony, Boston, Breed 77, Busta Rhymes, Celldweller, Cerebral Ballzy, Common, The Cure, Cynic, Daddy Yankee (he has some English stuff), The Darkness, Def Leppard, Deftones, Dio, Dirge Within, DMX, The Doors, Dope, Dr. Dre, The Eagles, Ekotren, The Exies, Faith No More, Fashion Bomb, Ghost Brigade, Giant Squid, Godhead, GWAR, Haji's Kitchen, High on Fire, Ill Nino, Incubus, Iron Maiden, Isis, Jay-Z, Kansas, KISS, Kylesa, Lars Frederiksen & The Bastards, LL Cool J, Maroon 5, Mastodon, Megadeth, Mercyful Fate, Mobile Deathcamp, Motley Crue, Muse, Mutha's Day Out, The Offspring, Orgy, Oxymoron, Pitbull, POTTYMOUTH, Powerman 5000, Priestess, Queen, Ra, Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Rancid, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rob Zombie, Schoolyard Heroes, Sekshun 8, Sevendust, Sick Puppies, Slow Roosevelt, Snoop Dogg, Steve Miller Band, Third Eye Blind, Tiger Army, Van Halen, Wednesday 13, Weezer, White Lion, White Zombie, Whitesnake, Winger

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 10-09-2011 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: Editing out spam

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 10-09-2011, 02:09 AM

Those aren't songs, they're bands. And no, I have many more.

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 10-09-2011, 02:15 AM

For some reason, it tickled me that LL Cool J was right next to Maroon 5. :)

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 10-09-2011, 02:43 AM

Even though it's because it's sorted alphabetically? :lol:

666DjFromTheDeath666
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-09-2011, 03:33 AM

O.O YOU HAV MORE !? BANDS AND STUFF ! omg what is youre favorite in all of that haha me it's so simple ...
Quote:
ACDC , METALICA , GUNS IN ROSES , AKON , LED ZEPPELIN , AKON , T-PAIN , CHRIS BROWN
... ETC lol !

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 10-09-2011 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: Editing spam

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 AM

Well that was quite a spamtastic post. And yes, you mentioned those already. You also said Akon twice.

My favorite band is Ill Nino, GWAR is at a close second.

666DjFromTheDeath666
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-09-2011, 01:25 PM

wow i failed haha .! :P

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 10-14-2011, 06:01 PM

Try going to turntable.fm. It's like spotify or grooveshark except that you are in a room with other people and you take turns playing stuff for each other.

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2011, 11:41 PM

theres always new music coming out, just search it online or youtube

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-31-2011, 03:59 PM

Yeah the only thing I can say is try looking at online music stations. They tend to mix things up. I also enjoy watching AMVS so I'll start with the anime I like and bounce around listening to all sorts of songs.

But heres a list of what artists I have on my itouch, that are kinda along the lines of what you may like. (much less than what I have on my computer at home, but seeing as I'm at work this will do)

Alan Menken, All American Rejects, Avenged Sevenfold, Beastie Boys, The Birthday Massacre, Blink 182, Bloodhound Gang, The Clash, Culture Beat, Danny Elfman, Danny Gokey, DDR, Dj Keoki, Blue Oyster Cult, Dropkick Murphys, Eagles, Elvis Presley, Eve 6, Everclear, Guns 'n Roses, Gunter, Guttermouth, Hailstorm, Hedley, Hex Girls, HIM, The Hives, Insane Clown Posse (ICP), Iron Maiden, Kazzer, Kerli, KMFDM, Kottonmouthed Kings, Korn, La Roux, Marilyn Manson, Motley Crue, MXPX, N.E.R.D, Neurotic Fish, Queen, The Ramones, Rise Against, Rob Zombie, Santana, Voltaire, Wheatus.

I have a bunch that I left out, since they're more country/disney/lighter kinda music, but if you want to know just ask and I'll post them for ya ^.^

Last edited by Codette; 10-31-2011 at 04:07 PM..

Ride Sally Ride
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 PM

Dunno if any of this will interest you, and none of it is necessarily new (though it's very underrated) but you should always be open to new surprises...
  • Rom Drom - Emily's Army
  • Gone Away - Katastrophy Wife
  • Oh Bondage, Up Yours! - X-Ray Spex
  • Where's th' Devil - The Legendary Shack Shakers
  • Little Blue - The Independents
  • Detroit - Rancid
  • Idiot Box - The Aquabats
  • Catch Hell Blues - The White Stripes
  • Oh Nina - The Muffs
  • Bring it on Home - Led Zeppelin
  • Paper Planes - M.I.A.
  • American Wedding - Gogol Bordello
  • American Eulogy - Green Day
  • To Have and to Have Not - Billy Bragg
  • FM Doll - Queen Adreena
  • Hybrid Moments - The Misfits

Last edited by Ride Sally Ride; 11-01-2011 at 06:00 PM..

II Certified II
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 AM

You should probably listen to original composition of Youtube Artists ( those singers who posts their original and cover songs in youtube). They have plenty of good songs in their sleeves.

Paramedic_Dreamer
Doctor Bullets

Old 11-20-2011, 02:30 AM

Lena Katina! She debuted this summer! She was in t.A.T.u. for eleven years, and now she's solo. Her two debut songs are on iTunes, but I never hear her on the radio or anything...T_T She deserves more attention! She's been in Mexico for a long time, and now she's going back to LA.

She's Russian, btw. :D

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 11-21-2011, 06:25 PM

Placebo!
Placebo are always good, and they have a weird mix of songs.

Jackii587
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 PM

Asking Alexandria - to the stage.
They are like gods.

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-22-2011, 11:55 PM

Angelspit
OhGr
The Birthday Massacre