plip_gurl
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 AM

Okay so I know that pretty much everybody who owns a radio or listens to radio has heard of Bruno Mars right? So I am listening to the radio doing whatever and A Bruno Mars song starts playing. It was featured music and I never heard it before so I turned up the volume because I liked the song. So after the Bruno Mars song ends I go make something to eat and some back up and about 17 minutes have passed and ANOTHER Bruno Mars song is playing. So I listen to half of it then tune out and do laundry. So about an hour has passed since I first turned on my radio and I go back to my room and the featured song is playing AGAIN! WTF! Less then an hour and they are already playing the same song? I personally think that he is overplayed. I mean if you take all the Bruno Mars songs played on this one station for the week and play them back to back it would take over a freaking day! I thin that about 80% of my annoyance with Bruno Mars comes from the fact that I am Filipino and I guess my entire family thinks you can only listen to Filipino Artists! I mean my friend Paulo once said in math class "My mom only likes Journey because the lead singer is Filipino." I was like for real are you kidding me? So what are your opinions on him? Is he really that talented? Or is he just going to be another flash in the pan of pop music? Tell me, what do you think? Does he really have that great of a voice? Why is he so overplayed? Why can't I just change the station? (He's on all of them -_-) Why is this so freaking long? ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 AM

I like Bruno Mars, but I don't listen to the radio very often, so I probably don't hear as much of it as you do, so no comments on the overplayed thing. :)

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-07-2011, 03:33 PM

Totaly not my style, but I do like The Lazy Song,
and Grenade is often stuck in my head. I guess he's okay.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 AM

I really appreciate Mars' vocal abilities. I do think his songs are overplayed a bit, but I also don't listen to the radio enough to get bothered by it.

Rosasharn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 03:19 AM

He can't be nearly as overplayed as LMFAO or Adele. :P
I really like the song he did for Breaking Dawn. "It Will Rain", but I didn't like any of his previous songs or his debut album.

plip_gurl
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 05:43 AM

@ Carzee: Well opinions are oppinions right! I used to like him, well I still due but not nearly as much as I would if I did not hear him so often I guess it's all relative ya know? :P

@ Elwing: I forgot to mention this was more towards the pop genre sorry! And totally understandable if that genre isn't your favorite but you still like a few songs from it. I am that way too. I like pop and hip hop and rap but will crank it up when Drowning Pool is on or some other metal. Maybe I'm just weird and rambling. ^w^

@ Ottersaurus: Don't take me wrong his vocal abilities are pretty good. I could listen to him live and it would sound just like on the radio unlike all the other auto tuned crap. But I really do think he has an amazing voice, I just hear his songs to much. Like pick any word, any random word. now say it over and over again. When I do that it looses it's meaning to me and is just a word. His songs to me are just becoming songs now because I hear him to much! Blah!

@ Rosasharn: LOL I was actually going to say in the post 'I also think LMFAO and Adele are overplayed as well but that's besides the point.' The only reason why I didn't was because I was worried people wouldn't read the whole post due to the length. XP Maybe I'll make a thread about them too. IDK. And It Will Rain was the new song I was talking about actually! CX

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Lol Lighters.

That's all I know about Bruno Mars. But I tell you this: I trust Eminem completely. If he did a song with Bruno Mars, then that means he's good and has talent to boot.

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plip_gurl View Post
@ Elwing: I forgot to mention this was more towards the pop genre sorry! And totally understandable if that genre isn't your favorite but you still like a few songs from it. I am that way too. I like pop and hip hop and rap but will crank it up when Drowning Pool is on or some other metal. Maybe I'm just weird and rambling. ^w^
Awesome. Yeah I'm totaly into (hard/punk)rock and sometimes I like to hear different
stuff so I turn on the radio, I hear stuff like Bruno Mars, and I aprove his music XD

plip_gurl
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 06:23 PM

@ NeuzaKC: I will admit Lighters is one of his songs that I am a little more tolerant on because it is a pretty good song. I really like Eminem's part in it! C:

@ Elwing: *Shrugs*Hey i'ts all according to your taste I guess! Mine isn't as direct as I thought it was and has a few strange quirks I guess! XD

Rosasharn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 07:34 PM

I don't much like Lighters. Eminem sounds the same in all of his songs to me, and I don't have any opinions on Royce Da 5'9 " because I've barely heard any of his music. I like Lil Wayne's collaboration with him though. It's called "Mirror". :)

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:39 PM

That's because Eminem can't magically change his voice to sound differently whenever he wants. Granted, that would be most pleasing for me, if we could do such a thing, due to my too-deep-for-a-girl voice, but unfortunately, we can not. So, obviously, he is going to sound the same whenever he speaks or raps.

Rosasharn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 07:46 PM

But I think that other rappers don't sound the exact same in all of their songs. Lil Wayne and Drake for example. It's not really his voice, just his style I suppose.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:48 PM

Maybe you don't have a very good grasp on rap. No offence but that's actually the opposite. Whilst Eminem is very versatile, Lil Wayne and Drake are more pop-cultured, not actually core rappers anymore.

Rosasharn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 PM

What do you mean by "core rappers"? I think Eminem is just as deep in pop culture as the other two are.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 PM

He doesn't rap for his fans, he raps for himself. Lil Wayne, on the other hand, doesn't. He does it for the masses. That is what I mean.

Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 PM

Hum... Eminem and Bruno Mars. What a pairing. Why do I say that? Well... it all has to do with another rapper named Tyler the Creator. See, in a song named "Yonkers," he pulled a 90s Eminem style shoutout to Bruno Mars. Even though Mars said he was OK with it, this happened: Bruno Mars Files Lawsuit | Flavour Magazine

Such is the way of popular artists... anyway, for his music itself: He sounds not much different from everyone else, I don't get where the popularity is. I guess because the lazy song is catchy. But I don't really end up with the radio turned on too much anymore.

For the Drake and Lil Wayne mentions in the thread: They showed talent in Eminem's stuff. However I think they need a couple more years to show it in their own music, though they are both better than other things going around today, I'll grant it. Understand, it's very rare to actually find someone these days who both has awesome talent in the rap/hip-hop genre and who's actually popular like Eminem, so there's actually going to be some shoes to fill later on I'm guessing. No, I'm not a "hater" or a hipster or whatever even though I enjoy 90s more than today in such music... it's just my opinion. A large amount of the music's evolved to being more about the party instead of stories like it used to be.... and actually still is when you go a little away from mainstream.

Oh, and while I do agree with the "sounds the same" part, but it's excused here: Eminem sounds like himself because of his own use of voices in his work to mimic someone else in skits. It provides a voice to distinguish when you listen to himself talking, enabling you to point out if he's serious or not. It should be yourself telling your own story, after all.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; 11-09-2011 at 05:51 PM..

Rosasharn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 AM

That's a valid point, but I think mine is as well. It is a simple one, and shallow I'll admit - but it still stands. I think he sounds the same in all of his songs, and I think that the diversity we're talking about is different. I've mentioned this to some hardcore Eminem fans before and they have said that it's plausible. Of course not everyone is the same, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:14 PM

I don't find it plausible in the least... I find that it lacks any reasoning, to be honest. But of course, this is a thread about Bruno Mars, not Eminem. So maybe we should stick to the topic.

ShadowDemon101
The Idea Girl

Old 11-11-2011, 07:50 PM

He does seem to be played alot on the radio apparently but I think he's a pretty good singer and song writer and I do love his collaborations. His songs are easy to sing along to :)

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-13-2011, 07:01 AM

He'd catch a greanade for ya. Throw his hand on a blade for ya. Jump in front of a train for ya.
If only every guy was as dedicated.

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 11-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Ok lazy song is one of the worst song I have ever heard! Which is a shame because Bruno acctually did a few good song before. Not that Granate song that one is bad and stupid too, but the other one he did before that was good.

Sora
*^_^*

Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 PM

"Lighters" has to be one of the worst songs with Bruno Mars in it with "The Lazy Song" being next in line.

At first, I thought Bruno Mars was the next big thing in the music world. But now. . . Meh. I don't care for him that much. His Grenade song isn't that bad though and I do like the part where he says, "Tell the Devil I said 'hey' when you go back to where you're from".

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-13-2011, 11:35 PM

His vocals are pretty good but the songs he sings are annoying as hell. I can not stand any of the songs I heard by him yet. I hate how the radio stations play him to death, yes, as much as Adelle. Bruno Mars does have talent though.

Lady Vengeance
ClareBear.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:49 PM

I don't care much for Bruno Mars, but I do like some of his songs.
His voice is somewhat refreshing to me from certain rappers on the radio! cx

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 AM

I'm not a fan of Bruno Mars. I honestly get tired of hearing his songs played over and over again on the radio. V_V