The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 10-16-2010, 11:26 PM

Greetings and Salutations:

I am your host. I prefer to be addressed as Crow-sama but depending on our relationship (or lackthereof) I accept many variations.

Would you like to join me for a pleasant picnic... under a moonlit sky... in the graveyard? Don't mind the breeze rustling the leaves. If you're of the more perky type you may feel inclined to run around with them after a certain amount of absinthe or chartreuse is consumed.

Join me, on this soft blanket and let us have a toast to the intelligence and the macabre that combine to make the unique creations that we are: goths.

Last edited by The_Crow; 10-17-2010 at 11:21 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 10-16-2010, 11:26 PM

Who We Are...

FIRST and foremost, being Gothic is a mindset. Yes, it starts all within one's personality.

INTELLIGENCE and GOTHIC DIGNITY are a must. When we are quiet, it is because we are observing, processing, and memorizing what we see before us. When we speak, we know that we are backed up by numerous sources. It is a virtue to be well-read. Books are your friends. Our opinions tend to be respected, because we neither speak nor act in haste. The beauty of crossing the street with the wind blowing our trenchcoat... we never run. Everything is calculated, including the energy put into our hand movements as we open a door to enter a room... a subtle lingering impression of control.

A LOVE FOR THE DARK, MACABRE SIDE; Nighttime calls to most of us. The darkness is almost tangible and comforting. The dance of life and death is ever-intriguing. Where the majority turn their back, you will find us: a counter-culture movement. Punk is our cousin, but we tend to be more refined.

THE GOTHIC LOOK is often dominated by black. However, there are over a dozen subtypes of goth that distinct variations.

When you walk with us to the freak show of our own creation, occasionally it will dawn on you that aspects of our dress and what we are doing is downright silly. Therefore, a final and important point is having the ABILITY to TAKE a STEP BACK and LAUGH at YOURSELF!

Last edited by The_Crow; 10-17-2010 at 11:40 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-16-2010, 11:27 PM

Expected Ettiquite and Who We are Not...

1. Menwsha's Rules and TOS come first and foremost at all times
2. Those who do not identify as having Gothic tendancies are welcome to visit and inquire, but not to flame.

Suggested Reading:

What is Goth? - Voltaire
Paint it Black - Voltaire
Goth Craft - Raven Digitalis
Gothic Charm School - Jillian Venters [website]
Nocturnal Witchcraft - Konstantinos
Gothic Grimorie- Konstantinos
Nocturnicon - Konstantinos
Walking the Twilight Path - Michelle Bellanger

Last edited by The_Crow; 10-17-2010 at 11:53 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-16-2010, 11:34 PM

This thread is under construction, but it is now open for posting. I've no need to reserve any further posts.

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2010, 01:46 AM

hi whats going on?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-17-2010, 04:16 AM

Welcome demonicangel423: . I do like your avatar. I'm not done setting the thread up yet, but feel free to share a bit about yourself.

iiToxicRainbow
Im not always what i seem
Send a message via MSN to iiToxicRainbow

Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 AM

Hello Crow! Fancy thread you have going on here. ^^
I call my self somewhat goth-ish, but on mene you would have never guessed huh? My powers of disguise :P
So anyway how are you today?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-17-2010, 06:24 PM

If knew me by my mule alone (meatballhead), you wouldn't be able to guess either... until I started talking about things I like ;)

Yesterday and today have been rather bittersweet. I think the weather has finally realised that it is fall. It is generally overcast and the bright shiny thing that hurts ever so much is covered. This is the good news. However the bad news is that it is now COLD. Bear in mind that I weigh 90 lbs. I don't have any meat on my bones (or fat) so it makes me rather miserable in that aspect. Especially with my long (for a guy) hair... wet hair when it is cold... gyah! I don't own a hairdryer, either -_-;

iiToxicRainbow

Old 10-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Just then you sounded like those people on the news saying the weather :lol: Eugh i hate the cold most of the time,im quite skinny myself but if i have my trusty jacket its all fine,warm and toasty.You don't own a hairdryer? What world do you live in?! I have four myself XD But i only use two,the others are back-up ^^
But i do hope things get better for you ^^

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM

I live in a world where my hair dries on its own so I don't need to spend the money on a hairdryer nor time consciously taking effort to dry it when I could be doing something else?

iiToxicRainbow

Old 10-17-2010, 07:31 PM

Ahh well,my hair would dry on its own but i dont let it XD My hair must look perfect all day everyday :P

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2010, 10:16 PM

thank you for the compliment. im still not done on my avi yet. i just need to save up the gold. well i have been like this for sometime. but if i actually dress like it in real life my parents freak out so i have to wear black with other colors like red or purple.but eh anyways i just want to make friends.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-17-2010, 10:26 PM

Even when my hair is 'unmanaged', I have heard that it still looks 'good', as if it is a style or something. Did I mention that one time I took a summer class at a local community college (because I was at the absolute brim of classes my university would let me take during the normal semesters)... I walked into the Biology class and the Indian-American professor immedialy asked if I was in a band, and he gave me a nickname based on my eyeliner art that he called me for the rest of the semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiToxicRainbow View Post
Ahh well,my hair would dry on its own but i dont let it XD My hair must look perfect all day everyday :P
---

Well, it may not be much but if you support my charity (I have a link in my signature), I gve a gift out every month to those who support my charity by linking: this month I gave out bloody medical coats :twisted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicangel423 View Post
thank you for the compliment. im still not done on my avi yet. i just need to save up the gold. well i have been like this for sometime. but if i actually dress like it in real life my parents freak out so i have to wear black with other colors like red or purple.but eh anyways i just want to make friends.

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2010, 10:52 PM

ok so when will this thread be opened?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-17-2010, 11:07 PM

The thread is already open for posting, dear. I just have plans to elaborate quite a bit in my reserved posts.

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2010, 11:19 PM

ok so whats up? im like bored.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-17-2010, 11:22 PM

I've been trying to find a decent picture for my first post. I think I finally found one that I like but I had to use their special wonky code that made it smaller instead of just using the direct image link. What do you think of it nevertheless?

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 PM

its a really awsome picture. i absolutly love it.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-17-2010, 11:41 PM

Nice. I have been doing some edits to the "Who we are" post. What do you think so far?

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2010, 11:44 PM

i like them. ive been reading to see what changes you have made to your posts and stuff like that.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM

Finally found the name of the author of Gothic Charm School. It turns out the Lady of the Manners has a website I linked to as well.

Last edited by The_Crow; 10-18-2010 at 12:13 AM..

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-18-2010, 12:06 AM

thats awsome. so how are you?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-18-2010, 12:15 AM

I'm in quite a bit of muscular pain at the moment. I have a 'bad back', to the point where I am legally disabled. I am almost out of my pain medication, though, and I have an upcoming appointment with my doctor to get more because I'm forced to move by the end of this month. Organizing. Packing. Lifting. Unpacking. All of that kills me, even when I have help. In a bit I'm going to take a lovely scaldingly-hot shower to help assuage my pain.

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-18-2010, 12:19 AM

oh that sounds bad. sorry to hear that. i fibromialgia in my family and i have the begining stages of it but it probly wont feel like what your feeling.

iiToxicRainbow

Old 10-18-2010, 04:13 PM

Crow:Aww! Im jelous,i have to do many things to my hair before it looks ok XD
Wow thats pretty sweet if you ask me ^^