HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-15-2011, 12:57 AM

Theon hadn't been expecting someone to answer the door, but the person who did wasn't what he was expecting either. He glared up at him as he spoke to Arlria. He shot Arlria a glance and saw her standing there looking at him. He didn't like the look he was giving her either or the fact she was just sitting there letting him do it either. "Well do any house work and such. Arlria isn't a whore so quite looking at her like she is one." Theon said bluntly as he pulled her in closer to him. He did not like this man at all. "Will you give a to us room or not?" He asked.

Layna sighed as she pushed herself away from the window. She wanted to see if there was a bath in this house somewhere. She didn't want to ask the God for anymore help than she had already. She left her room and began to open doors looking into them She had opened all the doors in the hall, but she still had no luck. She gave another sigh and walked down the hall towards the main room. She didn't even know his name and calling God was out of the question. "Hey, is there a bath in this house?" She called out. "What's your name anyway?" She added to it. She saw another hallway branching off from the one she was in and walked down it. Maybe it was here, she thought.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-17-2011, 03:42 AM

Calix couldn't help but smirk. A lover, at least. Always made things more interesting. He stepped aside, motioning for them to come in. "Alright," he agreed. "A room for the night. I'll decide your payment in the morning."

"Thank you," Arlia said as she moved inside, still close to Theon. Some part of her liked him getting possessive like that, but mostly she just stayed quiet. She did, however, slip her hand into his as she glanced around the room.

"Down the left branching hallway, on your right," Calix called back. "You may call me Calix." He aimed that at the two in front of him as well as towards Layna.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-17-2011, 04:08 AM

Layna stopped at the door that he had told her and opened it to find a large bath. She had been so close to finding it herself. "Thank you....Calix." She said reluctantly. She sighed as she walked in and closed the door behind her. She had heard him talking to someone else, but she didn't think too much about it. Layna took off her clothes and slipped into the hot water. It was far better than her make shift bath that morning. She had to decide what she was going to do next. She knew she had to leave in the morning and put some distance between herself and this Calix. She just wasn't sure if he would let her simply walk away though.

"Thank you..." Theon said as he squeezed Arlria's hand and walked into the house. "Let's find a room." He wasn't going to allow her to have her own while they shared a house with this man. He didn't trust him the way it was and now that he knew there was another person in the house he didn't know if he trusted her either. He pulled Arlria down the hall and into a room. "Be careful. I don't trust these people." He said as he threw his things on to the bed.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-21-2011, 07:41 PM

Calix nodded and watched them, letting them in before he shut the door. He watched them go down the hall and shook his head. Ah, humans. They never failed to provide a source of entertainment, the main reason he'd let them stay. Maybe he'd get lucky and one of them would know how to cook. Not that he needed to eat, and he could probably just will it better himself, but whatever. It was hard to find good cooking now. A few hundred years in the future would be much better, he knew, but now... not so much.

Arlia shook her head a little. "I know," she said quietly. She felt rather uneasy around that man, Calix, but she didn't say anything. Instead she put her own things down on the floor next to the bed, looking over at Theon. "Well, we just need to stay here for the night," she reasoned. "And then we can keep moving on tomorrow. At least we'll find somewhere new to look at, if nothing else." She didn't voice her doubts either, knowing that Theon wouldn't like to hear it. But she wasn't sure that they would find anything at the end of this wild venture of his.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM

Layna finished her bath and wrapped a towel around her. She wasn't going to put that ridiculous outfit back on. While she was a bit weary of walking out into the open now that she knew that there where more people than just herself and Calix she walked out of the room anyway. She found her way back to the hall her room was in, but she wasn't exactly which room was hers. She began to open doors and peer into them looking for her things. She opened up a door and she saw the two humans that were the people at the door. "Uh, I'm sorry, wrong room." She said as she bowed her head and began to close the door.

"I know Arlria. We will leave here early in the morning. We have to find her." Theon said as he set his things down on the bed. He heard the door open and his eyes narrows at the thought of it being the man, Calix. Theon turned around to tell him to leave, but what he saw left him speechless for a moment. "...It's you!" Theon said loudly when he saw the white-haired demigod. He walked to the door and grabbed her hand. "I found you Demigod." He said to her.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-21-2011, 08:11 PM

Calix's eyes narrowed when he heard the man correctly identify Layna as a demigod. It wasn't any concern of his who knew about her, but he did want to see what would happen. Humans were known to do crazy things.

And if this particular human tried to do something too crazy, Calix might step in. Depending.

Arlia blinked and then looked at the woman, really looked at her. She matched Theon's description perfectly. Um... Well. That was rather astonishing. For the first time in a long time, Theon's wild ideas and crazy running about had brought real results. Arlia almost wanted to apologize to him for doubting him, but she didn't. Instead she approached them.

"Theon," she scolded gently. "Where are your manners? You don't just grab someone." She placed her hand over Theon's, gently, and smiled a little at the woman. "Can we help you with something?"

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-21-2011, 08:25 PM

Layna's eye widened when the boy called her a Demigod. She tried to pull her hand out of his, but she couldn't get it out of his grip without using more strength than a normal human women would have. Her heart was racing, but she had to stay calm. "I'm sorry, but I am no Demigod." She said with a smile. She looked up at the women traveling with the man and shook her head. "Just get him off of me."

Theon tightened his grip when she tried to get away from him. He wouldn't allow that to happen. He had found her and he was not willing to let her out of his sight. "Shut up, Arlria!" Theon said loudly. When Arlria placed his hand on his and asked if the Demigod wanted anything he snapped. he used his free hand and slapped Arlria across the face. "Get away if you are just going to defend her or you can find something to tie her up with." Theon said as he glared over at Arlria. He knew that what he had done was uncalled for, but he was not going to allow Arlria to ruin this.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-28-2011, 08:57 PM

Arlia stumbled back a few steps when he slapped her, stunned. He'd never done that before. No matter what had happened, he'd never laid a hand on her. Before this. Tears sprang to her eyes, more from shock than from physical pain, although her cheek burned under her hand when she raised a hand to her cheek.

She didn't say anything. She didn't even move away. She just stood there and looked at Theon, unable to help feeling betrayed. She'd stood by him all these years, had done her best to help him or keep him from getting out of hand when necessary, and this was the payment she got?

Calix's eyes practically glowed as he watched. Ah, passion. His realm. Passion made you do all sorts of things, like kill people or start a war over a woman. This was no different, just smaller, slightly more constrained. He couldn't wait to see what else they'd do.

Especially Layna. If she wanted to keep her secret she'd have to do some quick thinking.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-28-2011, 10:15 PM

Theon looked over at Arlria and he regretted what he had done. He just wanted to fix their lives so they could both be happier. He knew that what he had done was forceful, but he hadn't been thinking properly. "I'm sorry...Arlria." He said as he looked down at the ground. "I promise that it will never happen again...I wouldn't think of hurting you if I was...in my right mind, but please just listen to me without questions. Just this one time." He said as he reached out to her.

Layna knew that this could get bad quickly if she didn't get out of here. Her only chance came when Theon looked away from her to comfort the girl, Arlria. Layna slipped her wrist out of his hands with a quick jerk and ran. She still wasn't sure where her room was, but she wasn't going to leave her things behind. She held on to the towel that she was wearing as she pushed open doors until she found the right one. She grabbed her bag and threw it over her shoulder. If she just disappeared they would know that she was not just a mere human, but having them within a distance of her was wrong. She ran to the window and threw it open. "Thanks for the help, Calix. I think I'll be leaving now!" She said as she jumped out the window still only wearing a towel. She didn't expect to have to run into town just to stay out of sight.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-30-2011, 06:02 PM

Arlia looked at him for a few long moments. She could tell he was sincere now, from his voice. And he did look contrite, at least... The stinging pain in her cheek faded, and she wavered for a few more moments. She'd been with him practically their whole lives. She didn't know what she'd do if she turned away from him now.

So she walked over to him, taking his hand again. Then she blinked when Layna escaped, running down the hallway into a room. She let go of Theon's hand again, figuring he'd run after the girl. She wasn't up to much more running.

"I'll see you again soon," Calix said, glancing back at Layna. Well, well. This night was turning out to be interesting indeed. Seemingly casually, he leaned on the doorway to her room, giving her some time to escape. She hadn't asked for help, and he wasn't doing it entirely for her. He needed to know the humans' motives too now. What he wanted with the demigoddess. And he would get his answers one way or the other.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 PM

Theon was relieved when Arlria took his hand. He really hadn't meant to harm her it was just...it was an accident. He had been getting a bit too worked up and he hadn't been thinking. The chance of catching the demigod was too great to lose for him. He felt the hand that had been holding Layna being jerk a bit and looked only to see her running off from him. He cursed under his breath as she ran off down the hall and through a door. "Stay here." He looked down at Arlria for a moment before running off after the demigod. When he entered the room she was already gone from sight. He cursed under his breath and again before he walked out of the room. "She got away!" He said as he stormed back down the hall.

Layna stopped when she got to the edge of the property. She changed back into her cotton dress with the bow on the front. She didn't need to be running around in a towel. She had a few options that she knew of. One was to leave the town that moment and travel to the next. The other was to stay and finish what she had come to do. She still needed to resupply before she continued on foot. That option required her to change her appearance though. It was a risk, but she knew that she needed to buy things before she thought of leaving. With a sigh Layna decided she would suppress her God half. It left her open to certain attacks, but it took her off the radar for a while. Once Layna suppressed her God half her hair was no longer white, but a black and her eyes where now a hazel color. It felt foreign to her, but it did the job. It was only a temporary fix that would only last about a few days. Layna began to make her way into town to find a place to sleep and a place to buy her supplies.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-30-2011, 08:45 PM

Arlia wasn't sure what to say to that. She just stood where he'd left her, looking after Theon. Then she sighed and shook her head. "Well, we know she exists now," she pointed out. "We could probably follow her again if we have to." She didn't like the idea, wasn't looking forward to it, but she mentioned it anyway.

Calix blinked when Layna vanished off his radar, blending in with the humans again. Well, well. She had some tricks up her sleeves. But then he turned his gaze on the two humans again.

"What need have you for a demigod?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Why do you think she is one, and why do you want to find her so badly?"

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-30-2011, 09:00 PM

"That's exactly what we are going to do." He said as he raised his hand to run it through his hair. He walked back to Arlria, but stop when the man named Calix spoke to them. He didn't exactly want to tell him anything. It wasn't his business and he hadn't really trusted him all that much since they arrived and he opened the door. "She fits the description and I'm guessing she didn't run because she had to be some where." Theon said as he finally made it down to the room Arlria and himself had been in. "It's not that we need her I only need her power." He walked into the room. "Arlria, do you want to stay here? I'm going to go look for her. I'll be back before the suns up though." Theon said as he threw a glance a Arlria over his shoulder.

Of course most places were either shutting their doors at this point or were just not interested in having a person stay in their place. She decided not to go and buy her supplies until morning when she was getting ready to leave. There was a small inn not far from the lower class side of town that allowed Layna to stay for the night for a cheap cost. The man running the place told her he hadn't had a costumer all day and he needed to give a room out to anyone he could at this point. Layna thanked him before she made her way back to the room he had given her. It wasn't a very big or nice room for that fact, but it worked all the same to her.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 07-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Arlia hesitated before she nodded. "I'll stay here. I'll just slow you down again otherwise," she said, glancing over at Calix nervously. She watched the two of them, a little nervous still, her cheek red from being slapped. She had a bad feeling about this man, this Calix person...

Calix's eyes narrowed when he heard that. Just her power. So. He was going to be one of those humans who dared try to harness the power of the gods for their own uses. No one had been stupid enough to try that in a long time, for good reason. The last few that had ended up dying horribly and very quickly after it was discovered what they planned to do.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that," Calix said, moving and stepping in front of the front door. "It's not really your business meddling in the affairs of the gods, trying to steal their power." His eyes almost seemed to glow as he stood there, glaring down at Theon.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Theon nodded and went to turn around to walk out of the room. He looked up at Calix with a stern look. He was very ignorant to any warnings or threats. He had one thing in mind and one thing only. That was to catch that girl. "Move, I don't need another person telling me what I can or can't do." Theon said as he threw a small pack on his back. "If you won't let me leave this way then I'll leave another." Theon said as he looked up at Calix.

Layna threw her pack on to the ground beside the bed and sat down. She needed to have a way to get out of the city and to the next town without getting caught and she knew that her suppressing her God half wouldn't last the length needed. She knew that id she stayed in her room she could relax. The only person that she knew of that would be able to find her was Calix and while she didn't exactly want to be found she didn't mind if he found him. As long as it wasn't the two humans. Layna reverted back to her normal self as a demigod. She thought maybe if she did this it would extend the time she had to get away during the day.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 07-03-2011, 06:04 PM

"Not an option." Calix grabbed Theon by the throat, turning them and throwing Theon against a wall. Not too hard, but enough to make him take notice. "I can't let a human get hold of a god's powers, even just a demigod's. You have no idea what you're messing with, boy, or what you're trying to do. Continue on this path and I won't be so forgiving next time. To you or your female." He glared at Theon, tempted to simply crush his windpipe and be over with it.

Arlia stared at the two, unable to move. She understood what the man was saying, at last. He wasn't human; no human could move that fast, that easily, without effort like Calix had. They needed to go, and they needed to get far away from that demigod. Now. She took a few steps forward before Calix switched his glare to her, and she gulped and backed off a step.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Theon's eyes widen and he struggled a bit when Calix reached out and grabbed his throat. He was about to say something else when he was thrown against the wall. It hurt, but not to the point that he knew there would be serious damage. "Why do you care?" He coughed as he looked at him, but his eyes shot to Arlria when she began to move. He didn't want her involved anymore than she already was. "Fine, let's us go and we'll leave this town." Theon coughed again as he took his eyes off of Arlria to look at Calix. He knew he had to get out of this somehow.

Layna had pushed herself a bit further than she had in years. She wasn't one of the demigods that ran around using their powers on a normal day. So, it was natural that after her days events she was tired. The concealing of her God half was the thing that had been too much. She fell asleep on the little bed almost as soon as she laid down. She need to rest in order to get her strength back.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 PM

Calix looked at Theon, his eyes narrowed, calculating. He'd learned a few things from his aunt Athena, after all. And humans were prone to lying. Perhaps this one simply wished to escape, and then continue hunting Layna. That would not do, not at all. He needed to deter them completely, turn them from this path. Or he could always kill them.

"Or," Calix said, his voice cold, "I could simply kill you both and be done with it."

Arlia's eyes widened at that and she moved forward, grabbing Calix's arm. "Don't. Please. We'll go, we swear." She wasn't scared for herself; death was a possibility every day. She wasn't afraid to die right now. But she didn't want Theon to be hurt, and she didn't want to have to live without him.

Calix looked down at Arlia, his eyes cold, pitiless. "I will give you one last chance. If you leave this town, and you do not continue your hunt for the demigods, I will leave you alone. But if you try this again..." His grip tightened briefly on Theon's throat before he let go, letting the man slump against the wall.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 PM

Theon couldn't manage to speak while Calix had his hand at his throat, but he could hear Arlria. He reached up trying to free himself from Calix's grip, but he couldn't manage to do anything. He didn't like the threats he was making and let alone the fact that Arlria was making deals with him. Theon fell to the floor and began to cough a bit before he managed to look up. Though his vision was a bit blurry from the lack of air he nodded. "We will stop." Theon managed to say. He didn't want Arlria involved and to do so he needed to make this deal. "I won't chase her." He coughed again as he reached up to use the wall to steady himself.

Layna was plagued with nightmares since her mother's death. They were all the same theme with different actions and people. Her father always managed to make an appearance in them and it frightened her. While she had met her father a few times, but never very often or for very long. She looked every bit like her father or what a daughter of the God Apollo should have. She looked nothing like her mother though. She blamed herself for some of her mother's hardships, but it was over now. At least while she was hidden away as a human she looked like her mother. Layna could no longer sleep and rolled out of bed. She wanted fresh air, but in order to leave this place she had to look like the girl, who walked in. With a sigh she hid away her God half and put on cloak and walked out of the inn to take a walk.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 07-10-2011, 09:37 PM

Calix looked between the two of them. Yes, that should suffice for now. He would have to keep an eye on them, though. So he nodded, giving them both one last warning look before he left. He'd let them stay the night there, and if they didn't leave town by morning he would have to go make sure they went somewhere else. Perhaps an island in the middle of nowhere. He could arrange that.

Vanishing from the house, he went to go check on Layna. So he started searching for her, trying to feel out her god half again. Except that she'd repressed it. That was minorly annoying.

Arlia ran over and crouched next to Theon, looking him over worriedly and checking his neck. He'd have some bruising, but she didn't think there would be any permanent damage.

"You okay?" she asked quietly, brushing some hair out of his face, still looking him over worriedly.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-11-2011, 04:35 AM

Theon could still feel where Calix's hand had been and he knew he would have a mark there later, but it didn't bother him. What bothered him was Calix himself. he knew something was off about the man, he just wasn't sure of what. "I'm fine." He said but his voice was still coarse and he coughed a bit after he was done speaking. He wasn't going to give up. He couldn't not now. He knew she was real now and he wasn't going to let her get away. He just couldn't be as reckless about his attempts to get to her. "We are leaving soon, Arlria." He said as he pushed himself away from the wall. He wouldn't tell her where they were going. It was a risk to him and her, but they needed to get to the next time before the Demigod.

Layna hadn't been out for very long before she spotted Calix. It was weird seeing him through the eyes of a human. He looked different than before to her. She shook her head as she noticed she was being pulled in by his power. "I mustn't let it get to me." She put up her hood and turned to walk away, but she couldn't help but glance back. She didn't really stand too much of a chance against him as she was and it was better that she didn't go near him. If she did she might fall for any of his tricks. She didn't have any protection against him as a mortal and she didn't like it.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 AM

Arlia nodded. She was a little too freaked out to stay there the night, anyway. Unspent adrenaline made her itchy, jumpy, glancing around nervously, just waiting for someone to show up or something to happen.

"You should rest for a few minutes, first," she said quietly, hoping she wasn't upsetting him. "Or we won't get far. Please, Theon."

Calix glanced around through the crowd, his eyes finally fixing on a girl with black hair, just as she pulled her hood up. A little more investigation with his power told him it was Layna, the same demigod.

Huh. Little vixen had a few tricks up her sleeves, apparently. Good. That made this all the more interesting.

He didn't persue her, not yet. He just kept walking, looking around to see who else was out, pretending disinterest in her. But he was going to be keeping closer tabs on her than he had intended.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Theon looked over at Arlria and knew what she said was true, but he didn't want to waste time. He needed to get to the next town before the Demigod did or even that man. "I'll rest for a while, but then we leave." Theon said as he walked over to the bed and sat down. He didn't know what he was suppose to do because he wanted to leave. "Arlria, I'm sorry for putting you in danger." He knew he owed her an apology for his action, but he knew that things would be better once he was done. She wouldn't be in danger anymore.

Layna walked down the seats as if she was just another human that lived there. She didn't think she had been spotted by Calix and that helped her relax. Though there wasn't much to reassure her that he didn't see her. She walked a bout for a while before she stopped at a few stores. One was to buy some new clothes and another was for supplies. Though she didn't need many supplies she did need a few. She left to find a place to eat because she actually felt hungry for once. She went into a tavern to get some food. She sat in the corner like she normally would. Though she could hear some of the men single her out. She just hoped none would approach her.