Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-09-2012, 03:34 AM

Lumina - If you have the disposable income I'd seriously make the wager and see if it cashes out ^^. I'm not finding myself playing too, too often (once-twice a week) but when I do I devote whole evenings.

Lylth - I'm already fabulous :3.

I wish someone would clean the place for me. D: You're lucky x3. I generally just call in hazmat for bathrooms. I like to cash out on my tax dollars.

I think it was within a few days that someone maxed out on the levels. Some French guy I think? I picked leatherwork and jewelry myself ^^. But I'm a Ranger so the only that I could make for myself would be axes.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.
Send a message via AIM to Kriddles Send a message via MSN to Kriddles

Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 AM

I noticed a lot of people are either human or Norn, but I actually created a Slyvari Necromancer on Sanctum of Rall. I do have a human elementalist too though. I was wondering if anyone else was on Sanctum of Rall server.

I never really played the expansions but GW was my second home for the longest of times. I was totally stoked for the new game! I had a Necro/Elementalist on that too. <3

If anyone is on the same server, add me? I am not a very high level, seeing as though I only created my character(s) today, though. Lol.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 AM

I can't remember what server I am on(kinda intoxicated/long day at work), but I have a 33, almost 34, Human Ranger, and a level 8 Human Guardian. Wish I had gotten to play today, but being short staffed, with lots to do, kinda prevents that. Maybe tomorrow night I will figure out what server I'm on. xD

Arkkath
Broseidon, King of the Broceans
Send a message via MSN to Arkkath

Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 AM

My Asura ranger is my new favourite character.
He's up to 35 now. I switch between Long and short bows and mainly use a cave spider as my pet.

Venya
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Venya Send a message via Yahoo to Venya

Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 PM

I'm thinking about getting it. its a FTP right? (free to play) no monthly fee or anything right? Also is it any good? I mean the animal thing looks like fun to play really. I don't want to waste my money really. I have played the first one and it wasn't bad or anything but not as fun without more people. so im wondering if it s also a good community too. You know not as many trolls who think us noobs are just well.. noobs forever.

wishie
Send me cheesecake

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-15-2013, 08:33 PM

I bought it over the holidays and spent to many hours on it so far. It's very addicting. All the race areas are GORGEOUS, especially the asura's area *o*

I haven't run into any trolls and people are always nice to help out if they're in the area.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM

That really looks like an interesting game, I may actually have to break down and buy it at some point. I've been a hardcore Maplestory fan myself but this really looks quite well done in my opinion. Hearing that the community is good is also a very nice bonus.

Venya
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Venya Send a message via Yahoo to Venya

Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 AM

yeah hearing that too makes me want to try it at least.

XunknownX
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venya View Post
I'm thinking about getting it. its a FTP right? (free to play) no monthly fee or anything right? Also is it any good? I mean the animal thing looks like fun to play really. I don't want to waste my money really. I have played the first one and it wasn't bad or anything but not as fun without more people. so im wondering if it s also a good community too. You know not as many trolls who think us noobs are just well.. noobs forever.
Don't know how much you know about the game so I apologize if I go off on a tangent. There is no monthly fee, but it's a buy to play game. Meaning, you buy the game online and use the digital code, or buy it in a store (there is no physical CD even when buying it in stores I heard. Weird.) I think it costs 60$. You can buy some optional things in a cash shop of sorts but it's not necessary or forces it on you. Sometimes you will find Blacklion chests though that require keys, and you can get them fast by paying for them OR doing daily achievements for a reward box until you get one... I think.

Community has seemed pretty friendly to me... or at the very least... quiet. The party and dynamic events help so that it doesn't feel too quiet as far as activity goes, and no one has to send party invites for those events (you can still make one with friends for party chat and junk. ). I say quiet because... I don't see much local talking possibly because of that. *shrugs* People are quick to rez you at least because you can call for help before you are officially defeated and if you sit tight a symbol will be on the map showing where someone was defeated if they are still there. There are a lot of servers to pick from and if you don't choose the right one, you're not stuck without your friends if you wanted to play a certain one. I think you can transfer servers once every 24 hours or something. I don't know how though.

And that's all I can think of.

Greed
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 PM

I bought 2 copies it when it came out (and somehow ended up with 3 copies of the game(?) I have no idea how it happened... Really confused) for me and my boyfriend. I played mostly during the early start period, and it was a lot of fun. The community is extremely friendly, there is a lot of rivalry between servers though (World vs. World wise), but within a World there are always people around to help you out.

I think the game is well balanced, the terrain and spells are so beautiful - especially when you have all your graphics settings up high. So much eye candy! It is a lot of fun, and you can easily sink hours and hours into it. Definitely worth the money, unlike some other games I have purchased (I'm looking at you Diablo 3 and Black Ops II >.>).

Dr. Zombie
The doctor is in...

Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 AM

I bought the digital deluxe version when it first came out (wouldn't recommend it tbh - the in game perks aren't worth the extra cash) and did find it very addicting. As XunknownX said, there is a cash shop, but it's mostly cosmetic items and collectibles. There are some buff items, but you can get them in game as well. The Black Lion Chests also aren't really worth paying real money to open, but you can get Black Lion Keys from loot drops (albeit rarely, whereas the chests are fairly common). If you happen to get one, you might as well open it, but if you don't it's nothing to worry about.

I actually really like it because I find most games with a cash shop are very unbalanced and unfair, but GW2 is really good about it.

It has gotten a bit quiet, but if you start a conversation in chat usually people reply. There's always someone there; they're just a little shy and need some prodding. The community itself is pretty wicked. Trolls are dealt with very quickly (helps that you have to buy the base game) and there's very little spam now.

Oh, and if you buy it, you should totally make a Charr. Best story ever.

Greed
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 PM

Lol Doc, I completely agree with you about the digital deluxe. Definitely not worth it. I believe you can just upgrade it yourself using in-game currency? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can trade your in-game money in for gems, which you can then use to purchase the upgrade.

And it is DEFINITELY not worth buying it from EB games. I purchased one of my copies from there, and it was a good $20 or so, more expensive than if I had just purchased it online. The case doesn't even look that great. :| But I got it from EB, because I wanted to play during one of the betas, and during the betas the online store wasn't open. Oh, the price I pay.