FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-17-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOblivion View Post
Anyone have a favourite comic?
I'm partial to X-Men comics because I guess that's what I grew up with. I've still got all of the comics I bought throughout my teens.

WhimsicalFox
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-07-2019, 05:10 AM

I'm currently reading True Beauty and Lore Olympus on WebToon.

True Beauty, for those who don't know, is about an insecure, shy, comic loving teen girl and her struggles with acne. She then finds an interest in makeup and after a lot of practice and a high school transfer, no one recognizes her. She gets a lot of attention at her new school for being pretty and makes friends fairly easy BUT WAIT THAT'S NOT ALL. Just as we (and she) think(s) everything is going smoothly, there happens to be a pretty big twist.

On the other hand, we have Lore Olympus, which is a modern take on (Greek) mythology. The story mainly follows Hades and Persephone (Hades for the most part). In the beginning we see Hades being dumped by his date and going to a party alone. He hangs around his guy friends for the night and they all gossip about how who Persephone is. Conflict arises when Hades says that "Honestly, I think she puts Aphrodite to shame." Aphrodite obviously catches wind of that and is bent on revenge. Near the end of the night she has her son help her with her devious plans on putting the drunk maiden of spring (Persephone) in the back of Hades car making it look like he kidnapped her. What happens after that changes both of their lives.

Of course, I didn't want to spoil much of anything and I also wanted to keep the summaries relatively short. And...
Honestly, I didn't think I'd be interested in an app like WebToon. I saw ads for it everywhere and found it slightly annoying, but as the saying goes "don't knock it until you've try it." I thought, "why not give it a whirl? What do I have to lose if I don't like it?" I was pleasantly surprised. There's a lot on there and something for everyone. I highly recommend people check it out. And with that comes the end of my ramblings. I hope this post helps anyone trying to find something to read in this category.