Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-17-2019, 05:46 PM

Kaede Asakawa

33 | 5'10" | 170 | Japanese-German mix

For the past fifteen years, Kaede has lived in solitude, pushing others away with his eccentricity. He's devoted his life to creating interesting if sometimes absurd creations. He lost the respect of the scientific community, but he's determined to create an android so human-like that no one could ever tell the difference. No one even knows quite what drives him.

Though he's often overdramatic and quirky, he's prone to dark moments and an eccentricity that borders on insanity. He has little care for himself or others, seeming to love and care more for creations of his hand and even harboring rejects from other scientists. In this way, he's a protector, but he's also quick to throw out anything outside his realm of protection. The sort to obsess at the expense of his health and reject help, all with a smile on his face.

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 08-17-2019, 07:04 PM

E.v.a.

age; n/a | 5'8" | 160 | Android

E.v.a isn't much of a name, it's more of an abbreviation for her model of build or hardware. She's been kept a secret from the world longer than she's been alive, so to speak. She first woke she didn't show much signs of what her creator was hoping for, but she has learned a lot in the x amount of months she's been conscious and she's proven to be more than just other android. Between her learning capability and showing signs of true human emotions, she has just begun to test her limits on what she can and can't do.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2019, 03:33 AM

Kaede muttered to himself as he tinkered with a touch screen, watching the bright flashes of blue light. "Coding, check...a backup, systems and...just a little more." His fingers flew across the keys as he looked up at his wonderful creation. The best one ever, in all of history. "Upload...and back!" He pressed one last key and his lab lit up with whirring sounds. Machines came to life as they slid the android's circuit plate back into place, smoothing it over as if no break in the synthetic skin ever existed. If not for the wires and delicate machines holding her up, E.v.a would look no different from himself. Well, more perfect. Too perfect to be human, but that was also his design. Because if someone were to make a new human, why shouldn't they make it better?

As the hum died down, he closed his eyes just for a second. It felt the same as the first time he set E.v.a online. All butterflies and chemical signals exploding in his chest, making it tight and lighter than air. Oh, how proud he felt of her. Of himself. Putting aside his tablet, he stepped up to the android, stroking his hands against her cheeks that warmed in response to his chest. Her systems were turning on, it would be just a second. He could feel his heart accelerating even though he'd come to know her for months. This new update should improve her brain functions though, to go with her growing emotions and thoughts. With this, she would have even more room to grow.

"Eva," he murmured, his voice no more than a whisper. "Are you with me yet? I've waited for you..."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 08-19-2019 at 08:30 PM..

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 08-19-2019, 10:56 AM

E.v.a 'slept' as hard creator tinkered with her systems and updated her, dreaming of the outside. It was just her and her creator surrounded by a lush green field of healthy grass, flowers, and a flowing river. She was free, and happy just to be with her creator.

As her systems booted, her dream faded and her blue eyes slowly opened. Taking a moment to focus on her creator's voice, she realized the scene from before was a fantasy, which saddened her a bit. She offered Kaede a small smile. "Good morning, professor." She greeted.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2019, 06:19 PM

Giving her cheek one last pat, Kaede tutted at his creation. "How many times have I told you to call me by my name? You're an independent being now aren't you? Besides, I'm no professor anymore," he added with a snort. Pushing his glasses into place over his reddish-brown eyes, he reached for his tablet again. All of E.v.a's stats showed her in prime condition and she responded just as he always expected--so full of life. "How do you feel right now? Did you experience anything strange during the shut-down? It looked like your brain activity peeked for a while," he mused. "Were you perhaps thinking while offline? Dreaming maybe?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-19-2019, 06:58 PM

E.v.a somewhat pouted at his tutting. "To others maybe, but a professor is a teacher and you've been teaching me since I was born." She said truthfully. "But if you'd prefer I'd not call you that, I'll remember to call you by your name, Kaede." She smiled, nodding lightly to his question. "I was dreaming we were away from the city, in the middle of a green clearing with some beautiful flowers and a river." E.v.a explained happily. "What will we be doing today, Kaede?" She asked curiously.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2019, 08:41 PM

Kaede really wanted to reprimand her, to tell E.v.a that she was wrong, but he couldn't fault the android's logic. He had taught her, like a parent, and like a professor. That word had soured to him though and E.v.a was more than just a pupil to him. Setting the tablet down again, he spent a minute just looking into E.v.a's brilliant blue eyes. "You really were dreaming? That's quite an achievement. This is the first time isn't it? Flowers though? That's quite the imagination." He couldn't help but feel proud, so he decided to give E.v.a a little award. "I don't have anything pressing today. What do you want to do?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-19-2019, 09:40 PM

E.v.a tilted her head slightly to the side, then nodded once more. "I don't quite understand.. I can see some outside if I look out of the window but I don't think about going outside much." She said, glancing out of the window briefly. "I'm happy here." She said. E.v.a looked at her when he asked what she wanted to do, a little confused. What did she want to do? She wondered. "I'm not sure." She murmured quietly. "I would like to get to know you more, Kaede." She said after a minute of being quiet as if thinking.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-20-2019, 05:46 PM

"Get to know me?" Kaede huffed, dismissing E.v.a's idea without even considering it. He waved a hand before motioning her toward the door. As much as he loved his lab, it was cramped and he hadn't slept since he started E.v.a's updates. A little human replenishment sounded resplendent. "There isn't anything to get to know about me. You've seen quite a lot more than most people already. You have to be disappointed by the results. Any logical being would be." It was a fact of life and the prime reason that he surrounded himself with machines, not people. People were flawed.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-20-2019, 06:11 PM

E.v.a followed his gesture as he spoke and blinked. "Disappointed?" She asked. "You're a brilliant man, and dedicated to your work. Granted, you also push yourself and tend to not care about your health.. I don't know what you like to do other than work. Favorite color, or favorite food is a mystery to me." She spoke as she approached the door and glanced at him. "Are we going out, then?" She asked curiously, wondering if she'd ever know the casual side of him. If he even had one.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-21-2019, 11:42 PM

Kaede waved his finger. "Incorrect. You're better than this, Eva. Think, think!" he exclaimed. "You, my dear, have a biased opinion and you very well know it. I'm the only human you've met so far. How can you make a comparison?" He didn't even intend to bring himself down. This was all an exercise, all facts of life. Kaede saw the world in numbers and patterns and the seclusion that seemed inherent to a human heart. After all, how could a person really know themself, except in the truest moments of silence?

"We're just going upstairs for a bit. Unless you don't want to come?" he questioned, pausing a few steps down the hall. "You must be bored of the lab. I know I don't take you out enough, but I'd rather not pause this conversation until I can replenish myself. Is that strange?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-22-2019, 11:45 PM

E.v.a hummed in response. "You're absolutely right, Kaede." She agreed with a smile. "And until then, I've got no reason to think otherwise." She semi-teased her creator. No matter what he said about himself, she had nothing to compare him to. He was right about that. She blinked and shook her head when he asked if she would rather not go upstairs, and opened the door in front of her. "Of course not, I'm happy to go wherever you go." She said with a small smile. This was also true. She enjoyed spending whatever time she could with her creator.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-24-2019, 03:28 PM

Shaking his head, Kaede could only marvel at his creation's use of words. Clever, smiling, just a bit funny. Compared to the first day that he turned her on, E.v.a was more human than ever. "Are you truly happy to be with me though? Or is it something of a parent/child complex?" he murmured under his breath, not caring whether or not E.v.a heard. He cleared his throat, raising his voice as he continued to lead the way down the hall. "Regardless of that, tell me more about your dream. I'm curious about how an android dreams compared to a human. It's not residual images or memories, so....what?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-25-2019, 03:06 AM

E.v.a shook her head. "I understand the difference now, and I know I am happy being around you. Truly happy, Kaede." She said softly, pausing and glancing at him before continuing to follow him down the hall. She eyes lowered some as Kaede pressed about her dream. He was curious about how an androids dream was different from a humans dream.. "When I sleep, I often find myself traveling as a separate conscious, drifting through data, like when a human has an out of body experience. I found something saying how flower fields represent peace, and I was thinking about how peaceful it might be if you and I could go somewhere far away from the city ." She explained. "That dream must've been the aftermath of thinking like a human, and wanting to run away with you where no one would mess with us." She murmured quietly.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-25-2019, 11:01 PM

"I suppose you do," Kaede murmured, the corners of his eyes crinkling just for a second. The smile smoothed in a single instant though, his eyes sparking with wonder instead, changing happiness for glee. "That is an interesting theory. If you truly dreamed in the same way as a human though, a single theory would not be enough. There are so many ways a dream can be interpreted. See, if it was me having the dream, traveling away, I might think it's my brain telling me to stay aware. That I'm already halfway to running away. However, I don't dream anymore and put very little credance into the science of them. Hard science is the only thing you can proof, and you-!" he exclaimed, spinning to face E.v.a again. "You dream in your own way! Desire what you will, interpret by you own laws! You, my dear, are unique."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-25-2019, 11:38 PM

E.v.a smiled as she listened to Kaede, blinking when he spun around to look at her. She tilted her head some, then smiled once more. "I am how you created me, evolving as I learn things. I could never be or think like a human." She murmured softly, not intending on putting herself down or anything. She was a computer and she knew it. No matter how human-like she was, she couldn't be human. She understood that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 02:32 AM

"Clever, clever, clever..." Kaede murmured to himself. "Sometimes too clever, if I say so myself. No, wait! Nothing can be too clever," he chided himself, thunking one hand against his head. Honestly, he was one of the brightest men on the planet and even he knew he could get so stupid sometimes. "You are perfect the way you are. But you should never be afraid to dream. Never be afraid of the bit of human-ness that is inside of you. Now, the kitchen!" Swirling through another doorway, he gestured into a large room teeming with mismatched furniture, tables, and pots, counters, and bright colors muted by grease and dust. "Let's see if I can find myself something to eat."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 04:23 PM

E.v.a tilted her head lightly then continued not follow him to the kitchen. "Kaede, would you like me to fix you.something to eat?" She asked curiously, glancing around and taking note of what he had available. She wanted to clean this place for him as well but decided to save it for a later date.

Last edited by Nova_Alchemist; 09-01-2019 at 10:00 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-01-2019, 03:40 PM

"No," Kaede tutted, shooing E.v.a away with his hands. "I didn't create you to be my maid. You're far too precious." He shook his head again at the idea as he collected a few dried food items from the pantry as well as a can of beans. He found no point in perishables at this point, especially when he found the canned varieties to be just as good. "Although...perhaps I could use a robot maid. Do you think I could create one tonight? That would be a good idea. With long arms...and a little vacuum..." he continued to mutter under his breath, clearly already formulating a design.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-02-2019, 06:25 PM

E.v.a frowned. "Not as a maid, Kaede. A friend. A companion. Someone willing to go out of her way to be there for you." She explained turthfully. She blinked when he began to mutter about creating a maid robot and she stood still, experiencing a new feeling. "Please don't, Kaede." She spoke softly. Was she feeling jealous? Perhaps. Was she afraid of Maes a forgetting about her if he created a new robot? That was also possible. "You don't need another robot." She said softly.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-05-2019, 12:17 AM

Kaede's brow furrowed. "Why wouldn't I need more robots? All I have are robots." He gestured to the kitchen, then back out the hall. "Robots to greet the door, robots to turn on the lights, to guard the windows, and to record my journals. Some of them are like pens, or small animals, or a few like people. Though none quite like you," he added, reaching out to brush a strand of blue hair behind E.v.a's ear. He could never create another something like her, whom he'd poured all of himself into, all of that inventive power. But still, he loved all his robots to a certain degree, as most people loved their pets and children. "Why shouldn't I also have a maid? You're certainly far too precious for that goal."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-09-2019, 03:21 PM

E.v.a nervously pressed her lips together after realizing what she had said, worried she had crossed him. She listened quietly to his words, her eyes lighting up some as he brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. He didn't need a maid.. He had her. Not a.maid, but a friend. A companion. "Be.. Because, I wish to assist you. Not as a maid, but a companion. You asked me what I wanted to do today, and I want to do the things a companion, or a friend would do." She voiced calmly,feeling a tad.nervous about addressing the topic. "It will help me to grow, Kaede."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-14-2019, 04:52 PM

Kaede opened his mouth, halfway to continuing his rant before E.v.a's words sunk in. It left him pausing, attempting to gather his thoughts again. E.v.a wanted to be his friend? He hadn't created her with such a lofty goal in mind...but then, hadn't he? Create a human to keep by his side. A better human. He'd created his own perfect companion. Chuckling, he leaned back against the counter as he rubbed a hand over his eyes, knocking his glasses askew. "I see. A companion then? I suppose I should have expected this. As a pair of companions then, should we make dinner together tonight? To make up for this?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-15-2019, 03:12 AM

E.v.a gave him a moment to let her words process in her own mind. Had she really said that? She was acting even more human by speaking such words. Where they even come from? Watching him though, she found herself smiling. Then he spoke and happiness began to bubble up inside her. She nodded lightly and lightly put her hands together. "I'd like that." She said truthfully. "What are some things you like to eat?" She asked curiously, already trying to think of a meal to help him prepare.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-18-2019, 03:27 PM

"Oh, this and that. I don't really form opinions based on food. It's just unbroken down chemicals and nourishment after all. We can just make something simple," Kaede said with a wave of his hand. E.v.a looked so happy at his words that he figured he could never regret them. He and he alone made someone this happy. "How about soup? It's getting near winter outside and that is the most socially acceptable time for soup. Though I don't' see how the season affects the contents of one's dinner, but ask anyone and they will say that it does," he continued to ramble.