Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-07-2016, 02:32 AM

Tristian was preparing to cut Yasu off, not really about to stand him degrading his and Ren's relationship as similar to playing with new toys, when someone else interrupted. He stopped, mouth partially opened and turned to look at Ren, clearly broadcasting that he was quite unsure what to make of what was happening. He mouth "Who is this woman?" because he'd certainly never seen her before, nor had he ever heard Yasu ever sound so, dare he say, soft? It was definitely out of the realm of what he'd considered possible for the other designer.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-07-2016, 02:49 AM

Ren looked just as perplexed as Tristian. None of them expected the conversation to get interrupted, but he felt glad it had. They'd draw eyes if it continued on. The woman shook her head at Yasu as she leaned in to hug him briefly. "I worked everything out at the airport. Do you really think I'd miss something like this, dear?" Her eyebrow raised, one dark sharp line before she turned her attention to the other two men, smiling once again. "Hello. I am Azumi Takeda, Yasu's mate. Mr. Andry and....Ren was it? I saw the results on my phone earlier. Congratulations on your win," she offered, holding out one hand and revealing the ring there.

Blinking, Ren couldn't stop his surprise. He saw Yasu always wore a ring, but never thought about it. He forgot the man must have his own soulmate, but since he never saw her or saw signs of the mate, he never considered it. This was that woman? He didn't know what to think.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-07-2016, 02:56 AM

Tristian's mouth dropped open, he couldn't really help it. He'd never imagined Yasu having a soulmate, which was ridiculous given Yasu was way past the age of when it was considered normal to be without your soulmate. But he'd certainly never seen it talked about in the gossip rags, and it seemed impossible someone as grump as Yasu had a mate. Shaking his head, he recovered and gave a polite smile, shaking her hand, "Nice to meet you. You'll have to pardon our shock," knowing Ren was reeling just as much as he was, "But I wasn't aware Yasu was mated."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-07-2016, 03:13 AM

Yasu frowned just slightly, but he looked like he recovered some and his entire demeanor changed with Azumi's entrance. He looked softer and more than a little shamed next to the woman with such a commanding presence wrapped in a calm wind. "I don't see why you would think that. It's just we work in different countries," he murmured before finally taking Azumi's hand. Even here in America, they didn't show too much affection, but he missed her too much to play the couple only behind closed doors. He directed his gaze back to Tristian though. "We aren't friends so I have no reason to share my relationship status with you."

Azumi's eyes glanced between them again, picking up in the hidden hostilities and her tight lips said she didn't approve. "What's this about, dear?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-07-2016, 03:22 AM

"Still with a designer as famous as you, you'd expect it to be in the news on some level," Tristian said, because even minor celebrities like designers of the acclaim of Tristian and definitely Yasu, didn't really get the luxury of deciding which aspects of their lives were private. It didn't bother Tristian, mainly because it wasn't like he had anything to hide.

He looked sheepishly at the women, "Well to answer for Yasu. We're rivals and don't have the best history." he said, not sure why he felt guilty, but something about the women made him want to at least somewhat explain things. "I hired Ren out from under his nose for one." he said, but he didn't feel guilty about that, couldn't, "Which was absolutely the best decision of my life, but you know..." he shrugged.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-07-2016, 03:47 AM

Perhaps it was because Yasu and Azumi were old news that the media stopped caring. They married years ago and one of them lived in Japan while the other worked in America. Or maybe it was a sign that he fell out of favor already. Yasu sighed under his breath even though that thought started long before tonight and the award show only brought it all home. He glanced over at Azumi though she continued to converse with his rivals.

"Oh, I see. You two are the top of the business after all. I may not be in the fashion world myself, but I'm up to date with it all," she said, nodding toward Yasu in explanation. His quietness uneased her though and she placed fingers on his arm. "Are you holding a grudge with all of this? You always took work too seriously. Though, I can't really talk."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-07-2016, 04:04 AM

Tristian floundered a bit at this point, he looked over to Ren, starting to feel uncomfortable, which was about the point he started rambling uncontrollably, and even he didn't know what to do with the fact that Yasu was quiet. The man always had a rebuttal for everything Tristian said. It was bizarre to say the least. "Ummm...." he said, "Well it was lovely speaking to both of you and nice to meet you Azumi, but Ren and I really must be leaving," With that he gave a slight nod of his head and turned, basically pulling Ren after him, though it was getting late in the night, so it wouldn't be completely untoward for them to leave the party all together at this point, "What do you say we get out of here, and put whatever that weirdness was behind us?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-07-2016, 04:29 PM

"Oh, well yes. It was very nice to meet you," Azumi responded, though she sounded distracted. She'd yet to take her hand off Yasu's arm and looked at him, only offering the retreating men a quick glance. Yasu himself said nothing. His gaze had dropped as his shoulder sagged toward the floor.

Ren let Tristian pull him away, more than happy. He felt no curiosity to make him want to stay, only a desire to be near Tristian. "Hm, sounds good," he hummed once they escaped. "We can celebrate alone at our place. Got enough wine for it." He smiled slightly at the thought of a party with just them. "Prefer it that way anyway."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-07-2016, 11:55 PM

"I know you do, and honestly I do too. You're more comfortable, which is what matters to me." Tristian said as they walked to the car. And it was true that Ren, while still quiet, would actually talk to Tristian and not just let life pass him by with Tristian, and for that Tristian always felt special in that regard, a private thing that just they shared. It didn't take too long to get home and for that he was grateful. He'd reached the point of just wanting to snuggle with Ren, the contentment of the night settling in as a laziness in his bones.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2016, 12:43 AM

Once alone, Yasu admitted the thing that worried him so much that night. "I'm sorry. You flew all the way here for nothing. I didn't win this year. It's too late to even have dinner together." His hand clenched at his side, his face more open for a second than anyone ever saw it. Anyone but Azumi. She didn't miss the look at all. Shifting so that she stood in front of him, she took his face in both hands.

"Baka. Why are you sorry for that?" she asked, commanding all over again. A second later, her face softened. She leaned forward, letting her forehead rest against his. Lips curved in a smile an inch away from his. It wasn't a kiss, but it was their own secret gesture, the same affection without ever touching. "I don't need any award from you. I just need you."

Hesitantly, he smiled back. Resting one hand over hers, he leaned into the touch. "But everything I do is for you. Every design I make, every show. I competed like this so I could give you something."

She shook her head. "I'm sorry too. I know I stress you always being so far away. It's hard on both of us, but I still remember the man that stole my heart with designs sketched on the back of a napkin. Everything was a simple joy. And you know, I saw the same thing in that man today. Don't you remember what it was like to be young?" Yasu hummed in response. He did. This entire designing process for his most recent work, he struggled to find that again and maybe he just missed the most important thing. Azumi smiled at the look on his face. "Why don't you apologize to those two some time, kay? And next time...do win."

They didn't stay long at the party after that and much like Tristian and Ren, they left hand in hand with the warm starry sky opening above them like so many promises for the future.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-08-2016, 02:06 AM

A little bit later, when Tristian and Ren were snuggled together on their bed, Tristian let out a content hum, "It's been quite a year hasn't it." he sighed, "I still can't believe you accepted my other, or that I even offered to pay you that much. That was way outside my funds. But I just knew I needed you. I guess I just didn't expect in quite this way." He smiled looking over at Ren. "And you know, it wouldn't even have mattered if I didn't win tonight. You're here with me and that will always matter more. I don't need the recognition as long as I know you love me." He ended in a whisper, but his eyes were still soft and happy.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2016, 02:11 AM

Ren grunted and shifted to look at Tristian from where they lay. He was tired, but not anywhere near sleeping yet so he listened to the other man ramble with a few nods of his head. Honestly, he'd been thinking along the same lines ever since they got home, but he didn't voice them unlike Tristian. "Feels like forever ago," he hummed. Tracing a strand of hair down Tristian's shoulder, he let his head hit the pillow again. "Guess it's fate. Fate...over a glass of wine. Or whatever." Whatever started the little path they tumbled down until they ended up here together. If he knew it would end up this way, he wouldn't have cared about the money then. It was silly when he thought about it. "I do love you."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-08-2016, 02:20 AM

"Hm. I don't think the wine was really the cause. I only spoke to Yasu that night to get a chance to talk to you. I'm just lucky you don't give a shit about offending anyone and actually walked away from him. The wine was just, well, a convenient help. But I'd have found a way to talk to you either way." He rolled completely on his side to face Ren, scooting closer to Ren, his foot tracing over the one with Ren's mark on it. He pressed a soft kiss to Ren's lip at the confirmation, "And I love you, more than I ever thought possible."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2016, 02:27 AM

"Is that so?" he murmured. Ren watched his mate with lazy interest, feeling a shiver go through him at the touch against his foot. That area always remained sensitive, at least whenever Tristian touched it. And really, he didn't think he'd ever get used to it. He returned this kiss, brief as it was before shifting closer once again. "Then I'm glad you're so persistent." Ren sighed as he let his head fall onto Tristian's shoulder, his bangs splaying across his skin there and no doubt creating shivers. "I want to keep you with me forever."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-08-2016, 02:37 AM

"Well, my persistence had to pay of for something," Tristian said, smirking slightly, he ran a hand through Ren's hair, not really comforting but enjoying the feeling of the strands against his fingers. "Forever sounds perfect," he murmured feeling the way his body relaxed more the longer they cuddled, his words slowing. "I can't imagine anything more perfect than having you next to me every day for the rest of eternity."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2016, 02:44 AM

Ren agreed. Nothing sounded more perfect than forever. Just hearing those words repeat in his head, he relaxed even more. What lack of sleepiness he had before seemed to have faded. He might just relax right into a coma where the perfect word forever would keep repeating. Ren wrapped arms around Tristian and squeezed him closer, already feeling himself drifting off. "Should get rings," he sighed, remembering the image of Yasu and Azumi's. It just felt right.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-08-2016, 03:06 AM

Tristian eyes had drifted close, barely even awake anymore, but just enough to hear when Ren spoke, always tuned into when he mate was speaking to him. When he heard the words his eyes shot open and he just started at Ren, which didn't do him much good sense the other had his eyes closed, "R-repeat that?" he said, his voice shaking, but still soft, not raising in volume, not wanting to ruin the peace of the moment, no matter how shocked he was. "Ren? Did you really just say what I think you said? You can't just spring something like that on me. Ren" He whined his name and prodded at Ren's shoulder slightly, trying to hurry a response out of him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2016, 03:11 AM

Opening his eyes, Ren rolled over onto his back, eyeing Tristian's now far more awake face. Oh, did he say something strange? He reviewed the conversation in his head and considered the words, only realizing the significance after a few seconds. Still, he couldn't bring himself to react much over it. He meant what he said even if he didn't think about it. He let his hand fall back to Tristian's side again. "Yeah, I just said that. I mean it." His sleepy gaze shifted to a sober one for just a second. "Marry me?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-08-2016, 03:19 AM

Tristian's eyes immediately began to water, he nodded fervently feeling utterly ridiculous at how much his heart was constricting and the fact that words wouldn't come out of his mouth. Wasn't them getting married an inevitably? But it was maybe that it was sooner than he expected. Or that Ren asked. Or that he said it like it was the simplest truth to be acknowledge. Either way, the longer he nodded, the more his eyes watered, before he finally squeaked out an actual, "Yes!" But as soon as the word was out of his mouth he was speechless again, so he settled for just kissing Ren, maybe it would settle his pounding heart and the shaking in his body.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2016, 03:25 AM

That one word settled over Ren, filling him with happiness even if he knew it came. They both knew this would come, but he never thought about it. Now that he did, he couldn't imagine not wanting to marry the man next to him. His grip turning just a little more possessive, Ren kissed Tristian back until they could both feel it all the way in their bones. They were mates and their hearts would be connected forever and soon, everyone they met would know that.

~The End~

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-08-2016 at 03:35 AM..