javachipster
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-27-2008, 07:16 AM

which is better? is it photo or is it drawing?

i'll post art later so check up every now and then! ^^ these are some of my photo's i'll post some hand drawn ones soon... thank you!! ^^

JiJi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to JiJi

Old 01-27-2008, 07:21 AM

I do both! ^__^ and I love to do both! ^__^

I just recently took my brothers modeling photos ^__^

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-27-2008, 07:21 AM

I love both, but I kinda of lean over to art, because I think too much work is put into them. XD I'm very sure it takes alot of work to take a photo too but..I dunno. XD

I get the feeling of satisfaction and greatness when I draw, but when I take a photo, I just say "Oooh~ Purdy" Sorry if anyone was insulted. @.@;; As I said before, I am aware of the hardwork, I just don't feel it cause I'm wierd. XD!

And when you can make a drawing that looks like a photo, then...uber! X3~!

JiJi
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-27-2008, 07:30 AM

actually even my photography teacher said.. "Even tho photography IS an art. It is the EASIEST art you will ever find to do." XD

she said that many people might not like her saying such things.. but she said its true..

Ganymede

Old 01-27-2008, 08:01 AM

I am passionate about both...the best is when you can combine them by setting up something to draw, taking a photo, and then refer to the photo while making the drawing.

Chiisai Chiroshi
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-27-2008, 03:36 PM

I say drawing is better.
You can't take a picture of a anime character.
(Unless it's In a book.)
what'dya say?
What do you decide?

JiJi
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-27-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganymede
I am passionate about both...the best is when you can combine them by setting up something to draw, taking a photo, and then refer to the photo while making the drawing.
I do that in drawing class sometimes.. especially when I figure that I might need extra time with the set up.

I think that both types of art has their good points. so both are quite fun.

Violet Lace
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-28-2008, 01:49 AM

I think both can be really cool in their own way. What I think is really neat, though, is when someone can blur the lines between photo and drawing, so a picture will look semi-painted, or a drawing will be incredibly realistic.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 01-28-2008, 04:14 AM

I like drawings better because they usually take a lot more effort than a photograph. Not to mention that drawings can contain things that you just can't photograph. I mean, where are you gonna find a dragon to pose for you while you snap a few pictures of him?

Penny
*^_^*

Old 01-28-2008, 06:09 AM

Neither is "better". "Better" is a non-quantifiable word anyway. They are both beautiful art forms. They both serve the same purpose. I carry no preference.

orlybirdy
〜( ̄△ ̄...

Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM

Really, they're both rather powerful means of communicating an artistic message that can be used in different ways.

For instance, you could decide to depict beauty by drawing your ideals of beauty, or by perfectly framing and photographing something that you find beautiful or that you feel represents beauty.

You could depict the horrors of war by actually showing images of the death and destruction, or draw your own interpretation.

For me, they each hold their own unique nuances. It's a bit easier on my wrist to do the photography (unless I'm setting up the image--sometimes I hurt myself XD), but I love them both.

If you're good at them, they can each be a powerful mode of expression.

Tal Blaiser
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 AM

Each artist has their own ways and medium to express themselves... it is a matter of preferences. if you think you can express yourself better with photography then go with it. they are both mediums for visual art.

Personally I prefer paintings[oils/acrylic] cause you can feel/touch the textures of the brush strokes on the canvas :D

KeiraRose
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 12:36 AM

Photography! ...because I can't draw for cheese.

Plus I LOVE photography! I recently got a new camera and I haven't been able to put it down! xD

ferosha coutura

Old 02-25-2008, 11:49 PM

i LOVE good photography. just as much as i love good drawings.

but i think it takes WAY more talent and ability to draw a picture. anyone can press a button on a camera and take a photo. you have to have a lot of expirience and talent to draw a good picture.

also, an amazing artist can draw amazingly well even with just opencanvas and a crap tablet.

but if you have a super shitty camera, your photograph won't be as good as someone with a really nice camera. sure you can take an awesome pic with a shitty camera, but there are some things you just can't do without a nice camera.

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM

I like drawing best but photography is also pretty.

Tonosamanjuu
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM

To be honest I love both of them.

Being both a traditional artist and a photographer who specializes in older methods of non-digital photography I appreciate both mediums.

They each have their challenges, and I know I've heard many people say they don't like photography because "it takes less skill" or it's just "easier but I can tell you it's certainly not.

They both have their challenges, and to get a stunning photograph it takes a keen, creative eye and the perfect lighting and composition. Plus developing traditional film in a wet dark room can be a challenge in it's self. Snapping a photo takes only a few seconds, but developing it and getting it to be just perfect takes alot of effort and work sometimes.

And, I must admit before getting into photography myself I had similar opinions but going through the process showed me how much work traditional photography can be sometimes and I gained a new appreciation for the medium.

l K o t o k o l
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-08-2008, 07:53 PM

I love both though. :o

crisscoula
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 01:44 PM

I love doing both, but unless you get a really decent camera to take pretty amazing shots of what you see. Then most photography is pretty boring lol.