Silhouette
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Silhouette

Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 AM

Hey everyone. I'm going to graduate this spring with a BA in Studio Arts with a focus in painting and I was wondering if there were any other college-aged people here who also major in art.

So this won't be limited to college students, let's start with an easy question.

What is your favorite time in art history and why?
Any time in art history you just don't plain like?

----------

As for me I really love Romanticism, Pre-Raphaelite, and probably bits and pieces of 19th and 20th century art.
I really love Rossetti, Munch, Mucha, Dali, Caspar Friedrich, and others.

I'm not too crazy about performance art.

Sorry, I meant to make this discussion longer but it's really late.

naruru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-26-2008, 01:23 AM

Hi Silhouette!

I'm also graduating this spring with a BFA in Fine Arts, emphasis in Painting and Drawing. ^^!

Argh, what's my favorite time...I have lots, but I will jot down the ones I love the most xD

Renaissance

We always focus on this era and it has been a bore hearing the details of one of the most famous painting. But aside from those information, looking at it gives me an inspiration to push myself from drawing the same old thing to focusing on the details. I love the artworks, even though I'm not good with oil paints. :cry: I'm more of a water-based artist orz|||

Pre-Raphaelite

Ohhhhh I love this era so much! It looks like a photograph but somewhat surreal. XD

Surrealism

I adore strange events. 8)

Photorealism

I don't know what to say...it looks like a photograph! XD

There are more but I can't remember the names. xD The artists I like the most are Norman Rockwell, Salvador Dali, Leonardo da Vinci, Michealangelo, and...I think that's it! :shock:

Silhouette
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Silhouette

Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 AM

Hey, that's awesome. Congrats. =) I think I may have to take a class this summer but I can still walk. I guess a lot of people do that when they have one credit remaining. Crazy. o_o;

Awesome choices. =) I'm just amazed at what the human hand can reproduce. It's inspiring to me.

I saw your DA site. You like to draw anime eh? That's cool. I used to when I was a freshman in high school but I stopped after I realized I sucked. ^^; Your style is pretty cool though.

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2008, 03:09 AM

I'm in college but I don't major in art. Drat. It's just a hobby of mine.

Wish you luck!

BelleMorte
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2008, 05:11 PM

I wish I could major in art. T.T But my parents would never let me.