College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 09:59 PM

Aw, what is he on your case about?
And at least you have some backup.
xD;

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 10:01 PM

He wants me to paint some murals on his doors inside his house. Like. . . the ideas he has would be REALLY tacky, and I'm not going to devalue that house by painting what he wants on those doors. e_e Just cause I'm an art major doesn't mean I have exceptional painting skills either. I'm an illustrator. I use airbrushing / photoshop techniques, and that's the extent of my painting. I just don't like using actual paint; it's too messy and expensive.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 06-21-2009, 10:02 PM

I love to paint. >.<

Ahh I missed stuff.. sorry I went poof I am all over the place..lol

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Ah.... I can see why you wouldn't want to do that....
Maybe just give him a really big piece of art and placate (sp?) him?

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 10:04 PM

Don't worry about it, I'm kinda all over the place too. XD The grandparents are all still here, so it's kinda crazy. e_e; My mother's in a terrible mood cause my grandfather was an idiot and threw his dogs (who can't swim) in our pool and they practically drowned. She made him take them home, too. I don't blame her. -_-

@Ayumi: I might do that. He's trying to get me a job interning for things that I don't have any real experience in and I'm like, ummmm, it's the middle of the summer, kind of late to be starting out an intern thing since I have school in a little over a month to go back to. -_- He's just very controlling, always has been.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Ahh I see you are having a not so relaxed bit to your summer.. I am sorry. I know some people just don't have an sese when it comes to bossing people around. >.<

You guys should come by the keepsake thread. :)

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 10:15 PM

It's just in his nature. . . he's a lawyer, if that makes any sense. e_e; We sort of have to grin and bear it cause he had the funds to help us get private educations for many years, so we're really indebted to him.

And I'm swinging by right now. :D

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 10:18 PM

What type of lawyer? Like a defense attorney? Or something else?

I'll be lucky to have enough money to go to a decent college....
= 3 =

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 10:25 PM

Ahh thanks Wendy.. and ahh school.. yeah it is expensive >.<

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 11:10 PM

Sorry about running off again, everyone finally went home though. @_@

@Ayumi: He's a defense / prosecuting attorney, but mainly prosecution. He does civic cases, not criminal, so he's not like on anyone's hit lists. XD 83 years old almost and still practicing law. e_e;

And yeah, school is expensive. Luckily my grades have been getting me good scholarships, but I still pay about 5 - 6k a year out of the pocket. I definitely wish I could hold a job and keep up the same grades with a lighter workload, but fat chance of that ever happening.

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 11:12 PM

Ooch.... I can see why he is hard to argue with...

Eh... I kinda don't try in school.... But so far, no C's as a final grade... though I might get one this year for spanish...
I can only hope I can get scholarships.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 11:15 PM

Hey, they'll give you scholarships for anything possible. @_@ Grades aren't the only thing. Nationality, family income or lack thereof, extra curriculars, you name it. I'm mainly getting them for the 4.0 GPA in high school and college; it's kinda difficult to find anything else when your parents aren't involved in the military and you're a majority race-wise. e_e; I'm getting cut a break because it's an in-state school, though. :O

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 11:19 PM

D:
4.0???? I bow down to you!!
I'm... a minority I guess. But asians don't get a lot of slack I think.
xD;
I want to join the military, but my parents are against it. Not the militia, but I want to play some part. At the very least, national guard.
I'm just really average...
*slaps self*

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 PM

Aww, average never hurt anyone. I consider myself average, too. Just the norm. And I would love to do something military related too cause they pay you. . . the only thing is, I wouldn't want to have to leave my family, be out in the field where I could get shot, or do extensive physical training. x_x; [I'm a wimp.] Give me information / technological jobs though, and I could do wonders with that. :D

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 11:24 PM

Aww we get a lot of Asian transfers here at the college in my town. And I think there is a program for assistance for them.. we also have a latino one I think. :)

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 11:24 PM

No matter what job you do in the military, you have to do physical training. Even if you are a computer person. Or so I've heard.
xD;
I'm a total wimp too though. BUT I'LL DO IT. Basic training sounds interesting.
I'm actually not all that extremely family oriented. I think I'm closer to my school than I am to my family...
:sweats:
Too much drama. I can't wait till I can leave and be 100% independent.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 11:27 PM

Bleh, that's terrible. I'm far from athletic or physically inclined. The most I do is swimming. And I CAN perform a cartwheel, but that's about it. -_-

Yeah, the leaving drama behind is a plus for ANYONE. I love my family, but sometimes the fighting and tension is enough to make me want to go back to university, PERIOD. I'm actually getting antsy to go back for Fall Semester. e_e

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 11:31 PM

I love tennis, but I can't serve for my life. And I dislike volleying and being at the net. I'll probably embarrass myself at camp. I'm always in between the 1st and 2nd court skill levels. I'm not amazing enough for the 1st court, but I'm level with like one or two on the second court and the others are a bit... meh.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 11:31 PM

Ahh I am close to my imediate family.. but as for the ones who raised me and such.. well hummm not so much like you say way too much drama. >.<

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 11:32 PM

Mmm, I love tennis, too. :D Watching that is. x_x I understand everything about it but don't have the physique to play at all. I'm so excited about Wimbledon starting tomorrow. :D My favorite out of the main four tournaments that are played each year.

@Ivvy: Yeah, same way. I love my extended family, I don't get to see them as much, so we don't fight as much because . . . I dunno, we don't know each other as well? Anyway, the better you know a person, the more likely you are to be able to get into it with them. XD DRAMA. D:

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 11:36 PM

lol yeah knowing people well even friends sometimes means drama.. when you don't know people super well... we tend to be on our best behavior. .>.<.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 11:38 PM

Yeah, that's exactly the way I believe it goes, Ivvy. e_e

Unfortunately I've lost some pretty good friends to drama just because of that. D:

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 11:42 PM

I'm a low maintanence sort of person. I just make friends within my class. If some of my old friends are there, great. But I don't go to their houses or them to mine, we don't have parties. I just see them in school and talk there or on Facebook.
I'm horrible, I know....

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-21-2009, 11:44 PM

Yeah, I'm not an exclusive person that goes to peoples' houses either. Facebook, texting, IM, then seeing them in class. That's how I roll. :3

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 11:46 PM

*highfive*
I've had awkward times when I go over people's houses. I only go over to my friends that live walking distance away. I just don't like it when they see me doing something and turn around to their own child and say something along the lines of "Why can't you do that like her?" and then I feel guilty... Especially when I don't do anything special and I'm not that amazing...