BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 AM

oh.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 02-09-2011, 04:51 AM

Ok well in any case, lightheartedness will come this weekend.

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-09-2011, 07:02 AM

sounds good to me, girl~

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 02-14-2011, 06:48 PM

HAHAHA that was rich. I ended up being hella busy/stressed to actually write anything.

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 PM

That's cool, I'm not worried about it.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 02-15-2011, 12:16 AM

ILU though :D

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2011, 02:16 AM

ilu2

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 02-15-2011, 02:20 AM

Did you see the Valentines thread I posted? Make your reserve and work on it later please?

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 AM

No I didn't see the thread you posted, I can go over there now though.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 AM

WAAAAAAAAAH okay i just made it an RP because I didn't know what to do ;_; we'll get them next year though.

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2011, 03:55 AM

ok

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 02-15-2011, 03:57 AM

I give up ;_; (on the vday thread).

Last edited by Marguerite Blakeney; 02-15-2011 at 04:05 AM..

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 03-15-2011, 09:26 AM

Fifty-three: Keeping a Secret

((Max & Mel))

“Maman, it’s Papa! He says he’ll be home from the airport soon!” a five-year-old little half-French/half-Irish boy said to his mother holding the cordless phone in his hand and gleefully smiling.

Carmella de Rosencourte, mother of two, smiled at her youngest son who was on the phone with his father. “Tell him I’m not home,” she joked, laughing a bit while she was stirring a bowl of what would soon be a moist chocolate cake. Having been living without domesticated servants for nearly a decade now (something she wasn’t sure if she would kill Max over or not), Carmella had decided that for Valentine’s Day, she would make a nice dinner for the family, especially since Max had been gone “on business” for a long while. The kids didn’t know about the family business yet. They weren’t at quite the right ages yet.

And like the day she found out she was pregnant with her first child, she still stood by the belief that this wasn’t the kind of world she wanted to raise her children in. At times she hated not being able to work, but she loved her children dearly. Her older son was now nine years old and already caused trouble. Mel still wanted a daughter, but unfortunately, Max wasn’t around for long.

But today was Valentine’s Day. Who knew what would happen?

Still playing the role of the ever-fervent housewife (something she loathed every so often when she realized how her life turned out), Carmella wore her long hair in a bun, dark grey slacks, black flats (having traded her stilettos in when she started raising kids), and a black three-quarter sleeve top, definitely not wanting to wear the classic red-white-and-pink combination of Valentine’s Day. No, she would rather shoot herself than give into playing the “desperate housewife.” Max knew her better than that, but sometimes his expectations were far too…demanding.

“He wants to know if we’re planning to go out to dinner,” her son said, still on the phone with Max. Carmella smiled, shook her head “no” and placed a finger to her lips so that her son wouldn’t tell Max about what she had been doing all day. She put down the bowl and held out her hand to her son. “Give me the phone please, sweetie,” she said. The five-year-old charmer giggled. “Yes, maman. Papa, she wants to talk to you!” he informed, and handed the cordless phone to his mom.

“Hello, Max. How was your flight?” she asked, putting the phone between her shoulder and the side of her face, and going back to working on the cake batter she had been stirring and was now attempting to pour the batter into a cake pan.

“Long,” said the familiar voice on the other side of the phone, “but I’ll be home in half an hour. I’m still trying to get my stuff out of baggage claim, babe,” Max informed his wife. He’d gotten Carmella to marry him, out of her own reluctance, sometime after she had gotten pregnant with their first child. She nearly killed him over the ordeal, but this became their life after nearly a decade. “Anyway I was thinking about going out to dinner – the entire family,” Max said, matter-of-factly. “You, me, the kids. We haven’t had family time in a while.” Carmella put down her bowl of batter, acting exasperated. “I don’t know, dear. I’ve been so tired lately, cooking and cleaning and taking care of the kids. You do know I hate you for this, right?”

Max was smiling on the other end of the line. “Yeah, I love you, too.” Leaning back in the uncomfortable airport chair, stretching his long legs out as far as they could go (irritating the people around him who had to step over his legs), and pretty much everywhere else. Nobody dared sit next to him at the airport, since he was trying to take up all the seats in the area. “No, but we’re going out tonight. Put on your prettiest dress. I already made reservations!”

Carmella nearly dropped the bowl and stared out across the kitchen which already had food laid out around the place. It had been a mess of destruction. There were pans everywhere, things that had to be washed, microfiber towels, oil and water spills. It had not been a good day. But she cooked most of everything already. Now she was just irritated.

This was going to be a problem.