chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-24-2011, 02:17 AM

REALLY love this series. Jacky is by far the best character i've ever read about... up there with Harry Potter, Katniss, and Katsa (from HP, hunger games, and graceling respectively).

I just think she's one of the most well developed characters i've ever had the pleasure of reading about. That and the fact that i LOVE historical fiction and some romance tossed in with adventure and suspense is always good.

To me, Jamie and Jacky seem like the Spock/Kirk pairing over in the Star Trek fandom... (my OTP XD). Jacky's all wild and whatnot like Kirk, and Jamie's tight laced and lovely with the rules and whatnot, like spock, unless you get in the way of his Jacky!

Your thoughts on this series? and the upcoming book in october? I'm so excited!

:squee:

Tsubaki16
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2011, 04:09 AM

YES ITS COMING THIS OCTOBEr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love Jacky she is well developed and her cunning is just insane. She's kinda like Jack Sparrow but she's not as goofy. But who am I to be comparing this well developed and dynamic character to anyone? You can't really compare her to anyone cause there is no precedent. She and Jamie have such a whirlwind of a relationship and you know that they will never get together in the early books *Cause when I started reading five books were already out* and you're like "NO DAMMIT I CANT BELIEVE THEY CANT BE TOgeTHER!!!!!!!!! SO CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSE!!!" And I never get that emotional on any other books. The first one also made me depressed when they were looking for land and everything cause of the mist and the sharks gah *shudders* I had to quit reading the book..
I also really like how the author usually does a recap of everything that happened in the book before, not many authors do that

Seradinea
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-15-2011, 07:11 AM

What is bloody jack series about because I have never heard of this series before.

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-16-2011, 05:45 AM

google is a marvelous thing dear XD but here. i'll link you to a page: Bloody Jack (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tokyo Moon
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 AM

GREAT series! I've read most of the books, I think theres one or two I missed. But I agree, it's a great series. One of the books that seemed to play in my head. Jacky is a great character, I think she's my favorite character. She's fun, creative, she had a mind of her own and she's not afraid to be herself, really. I really enjoyed this series <3

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-20-2011, 09:58 PM

oh have you read the most recent one? i'm reading it right now. It was just released last month, "The Mark of the Golden Dragon"

its amazing so far, but

SPOILERX

again, she and jaimy aren't together for most of the book. it gets tiring >.< unlike rapture of the deep, where he was with her for, i think, more than half the book :D

love the series *attempts to stop gushing*

Tokyo Moon
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-20-2011, 10:42 PM

No, I haven't read it yet. I can't remember which book I last left off in.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-22-2011, 01:06 PM

I've read a few of the books of this series. I should really go back and finish reading the series. Good books

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2011, 12:53 AM

wonderful books! what book did you leave off on? i just now (3 minutes ago XD) finished the latest book. and its not the last one! *squee* 9 books and counting so far Meyer! and not rotten Stephanie Meyer either >:(

listed in order, these are the books:

Bloody Jack

Curse of the Blue Tattoo

Under the Jolly Roger

In the Belly of the Bloodhound

Mississippi Jack

My Bonnie Light Horseman

Rapture of the Deep

Wake of the Lorelei Lee

and the most recent

Mark of the Golden Dragon

i just finished the Mark of the Golden Dragon, and it was really good; if a little infuriating at the amount of crap Jackie gets in to :)

Elyka
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 AM

Ah I love love loveeee this series. I love Jacky and Jamie so much. X3 Sadly I've only read the first two and a bit of the third, but I thought it was really fun. I plan on reading the others one of these days xD;; I think the first one will always be my fav though. ^^

Tsubaki16
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-02-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic_heartbreak14 View Post
wonderful books! what book did you leave off on? i just now (3 minutes ago XD) finished the latest book. and its not the last one! *squee* 9 books and counting so far Meyer! and not rotten Stephanie Meyer either >:(

listed in order, these are the books:

Bloody Jack

Curse of the Blue Tattoo

Under the Jolly Roger

In the Belly of the Bloodhound

Mississippi Jack

My Bonnie Light Horseman

Rapture of the Deep

Wake of the Lorelei Lee

and the most recent

Mark of the Golden Dragon

i just finished the Mark of the Golden Dragon, and it was really good; if a little infuriating at the amount of crap Jackie gets in to :)
It made me so hmm outrageously furious at the fact that Jamie well...if you've read it you know and I am not going to spoil this for anyone. I really want the next book