numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-24-2017, 09:23 AM

Welcome!

The Holidays are a time for companionship of friends and family, old and new, where people get together and talk about the good old days. For me, that often involves discussing my favorite moments in Roleplaying Chronicles that long ago ended. This is a space for my fellow Menewshans to join me in doing so. It's also a place for those of us who love to RP to hangout, although all are welcome.

All types of RP games are acceptable, although Mene's rules do apply! So LARP, Tabletop, Forum, etc. From D&D to Changeling: The Lost to FATE to Mind's Eye Theatre, from funny, from heart stopping to heart warming, let's tell out tales!

Last edited by numerica; 12-24-2017 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Formating

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2017, 09:40 AM

Merry Christmas Eve!

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-24-2017, 11:03 AM

Thank You! And Merry Christmas Eve yourself!

I'll get started with the stories... This is one from a D&D campaign I DM'd, not played in. I set up a scenario with no idea how the players were going to get out of it, and/or survive the encounter intact. They been defeating everything I threw at them a little too handly, and I wanted to give a challenge....

So, let me introduce the cast...

PCs:
Caelyn: A chaotic good half-drow cleric of Blurah (Goddess of Comfort from Sorrow, domains Light and Life) raised by her human mother until their homestead was attacked, she fled at her mother's command to the nearby temple, who took her in as an acolyte. She believed her mother dead.

Kaz: A chaotic neutral tiefling sorceress with draconic ancestry.

Tiern: A true neutral dragonborn assasin. He became an assasin after his entire clan was murdered before his eyes as a child and an important magical relic stolen.

NPCs:

Septimus and Darius: Two brothers, and Caelyn's husbands. Yes, polyandry ended up being legal in the setting, although it didn't start that way. That's another story....

Liam: A Wizard, best friend to Septimus.

Madame Xilton: Caelyn's grandmother, ruler of House Xilton, and the largest city in the underdark in this setting. She had one son, but complications made further children impossible. She wants Caelyn to be her heir.

Trill: A Drow. First Consort to Madame Xilton.

The Story. The party was in the middle of pitched battle when Caelyn recieved frantic messages from her husbands. They had woken up with their hands tied above their heads, blind folded. Madame Xilton made her presence known to them, and demand Caelyn turn herself over in return for their continued safety. She also claimed to have the artifact stolen from Torin's clan, and stated that Caelyn's mother was not dead, and that Caelyn could negotiate for her safety.

The party managed to extract themselves from their current battle, but didn't have time for more then a short rest... So they agreed to teleport to where the prisoners were being held, using a familiar item of Septimus's. They got there, managed to trick Madame Xilton into arrangeing things so that they were favorable for a quick snatch and grab while fast talking her into thinking that Caelyn was considering becoming her heir. Then Liam grabbed Septimus, Darius, and Caeylyn and teleported out. Kaz grabbed Torin, and the relic, teleported to Caelyn's mother, who's location she'd seen once through a scrying mirror, then grabbed her as well, and teleported out. I was pleased and amazed by their ingenuity (and dice rolls.)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2017, 07:31 PM

Let me see who do I know that role plays?
Mageling: maybe would post some

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 12-24-2017, 08:19 PM

I do role play a lot don’t I? Mostly just with one person, though. So what’s going on here? I read the intro post but I’m not sure what we’re doing.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2017, 08:26 PM

Post 3three has an example of what they're looking for

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-24-2017, 09:55 PM

We're regaling each other with stories of RPs past!

PCs:

Dwarven Celric - As typical burly dwarf you could imagine, lawful good (The bf)
Goliath Barbarian - Strong silent man type... until angered. "Me good"
Halfing rogue - A puckish flirt of a girl sized women, Chaotic good (played by a guy)

And me. . .

Yuan-ti ranger - forced to hide her true self from her fighting companions, she looks human. She had to cast a disguise spell every new moon and has long term plans for her friendsss. Chaotic neutral

NPCs:

A nameless Minotaur of the labyrinth made travel companion lovingly refereed to as beefy. ( we freed him from a labyrinth on a previous adventure)
Gallon the incontinent, Mage and merchant. Veryyy olllllllld

Story:

After a victorious labyrinth campaign we made for a local pub to celebrate and spread our gold around to local merchants before going off to the next city. He were just about to call it a night when the rouge "Trix" Noticed a well dressed elderly gentleman rush out the door.

With a nod, an a last chug of ale we decided to follow for a bit of fun. - Our characters were all fairly hammered so we had movement debuffs put on us s well as charisma. The boys, including our new Minotaur friend continued drinking, bets were taken against the dwarf and mino to see who could drink more.

We followed as best we could. We came to a wooden door and knocked. With our best slurred common "Heyyyyy where you goin?" "Do you need any help?* *hic* "we're like totally heroes for hire."

I have a quest for you ladies. I seek the scrolls of refreshment held by the tavern keeper. And the robes of dignity from my room. Be stealthy in your quest and be rewarded.

Trix did her rouge thing and tip toed to the room and I confronted the in keeper.

. . .Our GM sent us to get TP and a change of clothes. XD

The following day he turned into a mage merchant and we got all kinds of good discounts. Which Trix and I TOTALLY didn't blackmail him for.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-25-2017, 02:08 AM

and now I really regret not role playing more.
hummy cannot even eemember any of her role plays

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 02:14 AM

hmm who else role plays?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 05:44 AM

A lot of the older staff used to, but they've been in multiple things for the past 6 months.

I'm sure I can think of more stories.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 05:47 AM

I know a lot of people who do role play but my brain is mush

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2017, 07:10 AM

I'm sorry for disappearing, between a real life visit to ER for a migraine, a friend in emotional crisis and in need of support, and the holiday itself, getting online became a bit tricky for the past few days. Hopefully the next few days will be better!

Nephila, I can totally see doing that do players as a DM, if they were getting drunk then wandering around... It sounds like you had a lot of fun with that campaign.

Let's see, it wasn't an in game moment exactly, but at a boffer LARP I used to participated in, a rather amusing story came out of a site build weekend. For those who don't know, boffer LARP's are Live Action Role Playing Games where one uses foam weapons to fight battles, generally representations of different kinds of medieval weaponry, like swords, spears, staffs, bow and arrows, etc.... For the one in question, one of the main players/storytelling staff owned land in a very rural, wooded area where people generally had cabins and went camping, that they basically donated the use of to the game one weekend a month. A site build weekend was when the game got together and helped them make improvements, like building sheds, firepits and outhouses on the land, both for the use of the LARP, and as a thank you for the use of the land.

So, this particular weekend, the women were fairly heavily represented in the people present. A group of us were down at the creak, gathering stones for a firepit, and found a really cool lizard, which we brought back with the stones to show those building the firepit and a bit farther away, the outhouse. Now, I should mention, while the actual pit had been dug by one of the big strong men, the building itself was being done by three of the women who had more experience with carpentry and that type of construction. Anyway, we ended up chasing one of the larger men around, trying to get him to look at the really cool lizard, which he was scared off. The main ST ended up on the ground laughing.

You see, on one of the forums he was on, one of the male LARPer's had been all "What is the role of women in medieval fantasy LARP's?" and he said he was going to reply that he didn't know about in general, but apparently in the one he ran, the built the out houses, and chased the boys with scary amphibians.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 07:19 AM

Hope your friend is okay

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-27-2017, 12:31 AM

She's doing better. It was mostly the stress of 'being happy' for family that don't know about her mental health struggles during the holiday, that was causing the issue. She just needed someone to talk to that she didn't have to pretend with.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-27-2017, 12:39 AM

you are such a good friend *hugs*

marnie

Old 12-28-2017, 08:36 PM

any other role players out there that want to share some of their favorites

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-30-2017, 04:24 PM

Still looking for role players

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-31-2017, 11:35 AM

Happy New Year's Eve, sweetie

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-01-2018, 09:51 PM

Happy New Year!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-02-2018, 09:20 AM

I'm surprised there isn't more posts. People tell me their stories all the time.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-02-2018, 09:47 AM

we have so many RPers too

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-02-2018, 10:39 AM

Exactly.

I guess they're to buy in their own threads?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-02-2018, 12:04 PM

yeah I was trying to remember who all RolePlay's

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-05-2018, 07:33 AM

I hope numericia pops back in