Are the rainbow stockings female only?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-15-2011, 03:21 PM

Love the new items guys!

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:07 PM

AHHH! I have to go see - *jingles purse* I have a feeling I'm going to have to go to the bank...

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 02-15-2011, 05:23 PM

*pounces on the new items and roots through her wardrobe to see if she has anything worthy of the event* I love the new items~ Especially the Organza fluffy things, oddly enough.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading Existence View Post
Are the rainbow stockings female only?

Yes - all of the stockings from this update are female only.

raine dragon
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to raine dragon

Old 02-16-2011, 03:15 AM

oh, I absolutely love the top hats!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Yes - all of the stockings from this update are female only.
Aw darn, I was hoping to be able to turn my avatar into an explosion of colors. :XD

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a male version of the colorful stockings someday. :eager:

Lauryn de Vampyre
Zydrate Addict
Send a message via AIM to Lauryn de Vampyre Send a message via Yahoo to Lauryn de Vampyre

Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 PM

I AM IN LOVE WITH PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!

Sorry for the caps, but I have loved that play ever since I was a little girl. <3 I've seen it on stage three times now.
So excited for the Phantom Mask!

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 PM

I really love the commons
But I was hoping for some sexy panties..... or some tall shoes
I dont know, dont matter I still love them

I'm still waiting for more colors of the slippers
I just love slippers lol

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 02-17-2011, 04:54 AM

Hmm, question: If all the items have been added to the common shop, why don't I find anything that wasn't in there the first time I looked (on the first day of the event)? Also, I've noticed new, distinctly Valentine themed items in some of the regular shops...at least I am fairly certain they are new. Did something glitchy happen? O_o'

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 AM

Which new Valentine's items did you see?

All the event commons were added pretty quickly this time around, it's entirely possible that it was completely updated the first time that you looked in the shop. :yes:

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:58 AM

Hmm...maybe I was wrong. I just didn't recognize a few things....um...two things on the first page of Wonderland stood out to me as new....and there was something else but I can't recall now where or what it was. O_o' Sorry.

I went back and read the earlier pages after I asked. I didn't realize you all were doing the less commons experiment. It seemed like more people were against it in that discussion thread (from the poll at least). I know I was one of them (still am). I'm a little disappointed that there are so few commons this time and I was waiting for more to be added the way it has been done in the other events I've been on for. Oh well, there are still some nice things and I know everyone worked hard on them for us, so I guess I'll just go make the best of it. Thank you. Sorry for the confusion.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 AM

In the craft contest (Vicky's) can I enter a painting?
Or would that be an art-contest only type thing?
I just don't have materials to do a genuine crafts project. :(
But I wanted to give it a shot anyway.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-18-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
Hmm, question: If all the items have been added to the common shop, why don't I find anything that wasn't in there the first time I looked (on the first day of the event)? Also, I've noticed new, distinctly Valentine themed items in some of the regular shops...at least I am fairly certain they are new. Did something glitchy happen? O_o'
I double-checked the shop and the last item added to it was the last item I added before I announced all the commons were released. The only item that would have been added in a delayed manner was the Sky Blue Organza Hairpin which was added perhaps five minutes after the shop opened.

What new items are you finding in the regular shops that you didn't notice before? o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
In the craft contest (Vicky's) can I enter a painting?
Or would that be an art-contest only type thing?
I just don't have materials to do a genuine crafts project. :(
But I wanted to give it a shot anyway.
It's better to ask questions about a particular sticky thread in the sticky thread itself where the host of that contest can see it and answer it. I cannot guarantee that the sticky thread hosts read the FAQ.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
Hmm...maybe I was wrong. I just didn't recognize a few things....um...two things on the first page of Wonderland stood out to me as new....and there was something else but I can't recall now where or what it was. O_o' Sorry.
I don't know which gender your avatar is using, but everything I see on the first page of Wonderland Boutique is old.

Female view:
Valentine Pants: Valentines 2007
Armande Pants: Halloween 2007
Bodices: St. Patrick's.... 2008 or 2009
Jackets: Valentines 2008
Tops: Valentines 2008
Frill Tops: Valentines 2010
Witch Tops: Halloween 2007
Corsets: Phoenix Jubilee 2010

Male (not counting the things that show up for female):
Armande Shirt: Halloween 2007
Tank Top: Valentines 2008
Armande Vest: Halloween 2007
Dress Shirts: Phoenix Jubilee 2010
Collared Vests: St. Patty's 2008 (I think)
Pageboy vests: Winter Nights 2008
Shirt From Heaven: 2007

Quote:
I went back and read the earlier pages after I asked. I didn't realize you all were doing the less commons experiment. It seemed like more people were against it in that discussion thread (from the poll at least). I know I was one of them (still am). I'm a little disappointed that there are so few commons this time and I was waiting for more to be added the way it has been done in the other events I've been on for. Oh well, there are still some nice things and I know everyone worked hard on them for us, so I guess I'll just go make the best of it. Thank you. Sorry for the confusion.
There may have been a mild majority against doing fewer commons, but we only had one pixelist available to do Contribution Items, Event Item rares, and commons and there was enough of an interest in doing the experiment that we figured it would cause less stress on Wishie (who also has school and other real life concerns to deal with and not just Menewsha duties) to go ahead and try it with fewer commons.

Would I have enjoyed more commons? Absolutely. I love new items. But I love Wishie's mental health more.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-18-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
It's better to ask questions about a particular sticky thread in the sticky thread itself where the host of that contest can see it and answer it. I cannot guarantee that the sticky thread hosts read the FAQ.
I did but I never got a response. Can you nudge Vicky about it? :sweat:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-18-2011, 04:44 AM

Consider her nudged.

----------

Added: Vicky tells me that the answer should be clear in the rules category descriptions. ^^;

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-18-2011, 06:45 AM

I still find it incredibly vague.

Oh well...I'll take that as a "no" then. :(
I'm not going to put countless hours into a painting, to be told, "no you can't do that."

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 02-18-2011, 06:47 PM

monstahh`: whyyy would you not be able to enter a painting?? That is CLEARLY a decoration and can be contributed.

Quote:
So this is for any pretty hearty, Valentiney thing that isn't for eats, and isn't for wearing, but is for putting somewhere to be admired
Besides, its too good NOT to enter :P

Last edited by Liquid Diamond; 02-18-2011 at 06:52 PM..

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-18-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Diamond View Post
monstahh`: whyyy would you not be able to enter a painting?? That is CLEARLY a decoration and can be contributed.
Because?
I wasn't completely sure, and when I asked for clarification and confirmation, I was met with no real answer except "it should be obvious" except it wasn't. XP

Regardless, everyone's already told me to enter it anyway, so I will.

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 02-18-2011, 06:52 PM

GOOD!!!! Is it the flower one?!? Because that was my absolute favourite :heart:

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 PM

Lol, yes! There's also two more I'm working on, they're part of a set, though, one will go to Lise's contest, because it's all dark and broody. lol

woohoohelloppl
Lurking

Old 02-19-2011, 01:54 AM

These items are really nice.
Thank you for the lovely event!

xKaruriex

Old 02-20-2011, 10:51 PM

That sucks. It ends today and I don't have enough gold for the items.
:\

Gaia makes most event items easier to get.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 PM

Sorry to hear you're unsatisfied, xKaruriex:.

We would love to give our users event item rares for simply participating in the event. We used to do that, actually. But at the moment, coding events isn't something we can afford to spend either time or money on.

The next best solution we have is to put them into the shops for gold. Unfortunately, that does make it difficult for the users who've just joined the site, but the way we've priced the items should make them worth something in the future. Pricing them too low would only mean they'd be very common and worthless.

The good thing is, if you take the time and effort to enter any of the staff contests (the threads stickied at the top of this forum), you can earn one of the EIs for just participating, even if you don't win. There are several contests that should be very easy to enter and we hope that you do!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 AM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE EXTRA DAY!!!
:) :heart: