Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-11-2008, 07:38 PM

Oh, agreed whole heartedly. XD; The one good part about being in the basement now is I don't have to constantly inhale my mother's smoke.

I hate the struggle to get your OCs to look like how you envision them. ><'

Navi
Starving Artist
Send a message via AIM to Navi

Old 01-11-2008, 07:41 PM

*nods* Yeah, why is it so hard?! I mean, I can see here there - right there in my head. There she is! But will she go through my hand and out on to the paper? Absolutely not! She's quite a stubborn bitch. Jude, Iris, Farris, Irynia, Emerald... they all comply, but no... not Tetra!

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-11-2008, 07:44 PM

Maybe she's the secret drama queen of the bunch who wants to make sure you get her just right? I read she is a perfectionist. XD

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-11-2008, 07:57 PM

Ah-hah! That's true!

Her personality is based off me. Q_Q

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-11-2008, 08:00 PM

Well that explains everything~. *bricked repeatedly*

I have an OC who was initially meant to be based off me, appearance and personality wise, meant to be a fun every man for RPs. But now she's serious and like, nothing like me. >_@

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-11-2008, 08:06 PM

Hehe, physically Tetra looks nothing like me. (I only wish..) But yeah, I figured I could write more genuinely how I would react in a situation. Hopefully it doesn't backfire and blow up in my face!

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-11-2008, 08:08 PM

I think it's a good idea and couldn't hurt anything. X3 Oddly, now, in that Ki/Line pairing, my personality is far closer to his than her's. XD

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-11-2008, 08:11 PM

I based some of Jude's personality off of my husband. Also some of the character Fox's personality traits are based off of my husband as well. I wish I could have gotten the other characters into this contest but I don't want to pressure myself into solidifying a character design for them that I might not be 100% happy with.

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-11-2008, 08:14 PM

People in my life are too inconsistent for me to base anyone off them. XD But I've gotta agree with you there. *nods* I quite like the line up you've got, anyway. <3

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 PM

hahaha omg reading over what you two were talking about, and i can TOTALLY agree with not being able to capture your own char, you see perfectly in your head, on paper. I guess i consider myself very very lucky that ive stumbled on one or two artists that hit it right on *squee* Bijou, Lingling, and A'iel have all been hit on the head (er.. figuratively speaking) with how i picture them ^o^ Cypress hasz gotten really close. but not quite.. i dunno.. to me hes almost borederline creul in most situations where it doesnt concern him ><;; and i cant DRAW bloody males so i cant even begin to try and doodle out something to explain.

NAVI! i have decided.. im going to enter as well... *stares at chars* i'll figure out which after i finish saving all these links and sturrfs.. i think, im going to use your chars again for pixel practice ^^; cause i lean to heavily on Bijou for practice that shes starting to drive me mad.

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-11-2008, 10:32 PM

Yaaay, pixels and Jitsu art! Oh guys you're making me so happy and excited. I didn't think anyone would enter this. Now I just need to get my butt in gear and get all the other info up.

EDIT: I was looking at the dolls you had done for me Jitsu, and I love them so much. I took a try at doing my Irynia. I was pretty happy with how she turned out for me not being fluent in pixeling.

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-11-2008, 10:36 PM

Jitsu: XD It drives me crazy, quite frankly. And 've a few OCs who have yet to be captured correctly by any artists, too. D:

Personally, what I hate is when someone outright disregards your character descriptions and makes an unhappy character all sunshine and rainbows. XD

Ohh, and a doodle for Navi to show her what I has in store for an entry... >3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age/153110.jpg

Camera shot of rough ideas to be reworked. XD

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-11-2008, 10:55 PM

*dances* Yayyayyay!

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nightgaunt Send a message via MSN to Nightgaunt

Old 01-11-2008, 11:00 PM

ooh, contest. :3
Gawd, I need to finish up the stuff I'm doing for you so I can make MORE stuff for you and enter this. *pokes the second runner up slot* @w@ <3

I've got one 'sketch' I'd like to run past you for full body. I'll PM it to you in a min while I start coloring the headshot?

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 01-11-2008, 11:03 PM

mmmm the ones im trying now im staring at lots of tutorials so i can TRY and make the shading a bit better.. and FOLDS in clothing (though honestly when im using such small bases many folds makes it look wonky . >.>; i just dont have the tricky fingers other people have mastered already. so! slightly bigger base *woo* actually working on tetra right now *squints at pixel thingger* gonna have to go back and look at all the sites that i saved bases from to see if i can use it or if i should shoot an email off requesting permission for putting it on something that could possibly earn me forum gold.

oooo the one you tried was the very light colored hair one with tons of markings? can i see can i see please? im thinking if i try her again.. much bigger base so i can at least TRY to make the markin gs cause all i have to work with is MS paint.. and tiny fine lines = not happening.

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-11-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightgaunt
ooh, contest. :3
Gawd, I need to finish up the stuff I'm doing for you so I can make MORE stuff for you and enter this. *pokes the second runner up slot* @w@ <3

I've got one 'sketch' I'd like to run past you for full body. I'll PM it to you in a min while I start coloring the headshot?
Sounds wonderful! I may be slow to respond, I'm working on filling out the information for my other characters, hehe.

@Jitsu: Nope, not Iris! Irynia (yeah, I know, my names are all too close together hehe), she's the one with the blonde dreadlocks.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 01-11-2008, 11:15 PM

xD Any objection to me marrying Jude?

Good luck with this, Navi. I can try to make you something, but I don't think you want it. xD

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-11-2008, 11:21 PM

AWWWWWW thats so cute! a jishin base too <3 i love jishins bases, they are so darn cute~! i really want to try my hand at making my own bases so i dont have to worry about breaking any rules ever using other peoples.. but i think i'll tackle that when i get better >.>;

oh! theres a tutorial i found on making afro's and dread locks! i can try and find the link if you'd like?

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-11-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
xD Any objection to me marrying Jude?

Good luck with this, Navi. I can try to make you something, but I don't think you want it. xD
Huge objection! He's mine! *growls!* Hehe. Aww, of course I'd want something you make; I'll appreciate every single entry in this contest.

@Jitsu: Yeah! I looked around your shop until I found where you got the bases because I love them! And yeah, I'd love that tutorial.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 PM

*sulks* But he's cuuute.
xD You wouldn't say that if you saw mah art, but I'll try to get you something anyways. >.> But at the same time, hotness like that deserves something better. xD Don't you have any ugly characters that won't be affected by my lack of art skizzles?

Waffle
BAZINGA!
Send a message via MSN to Waffle

Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 PM

xD i'll wait before the characters are posted before I do any sketching. xP

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-11-2008, 11:32 PM

*giggles at Anna* Your art of awesomeness, you mean!

Woo -- Farris info added! On to Iris!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 PM

@ Navi - Nope. xD

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 01-12-2008, 12:01 AM

*tackles Anna*

Iris updated - with Zeke as well. *snuggles him*

Dystopia