KandyJill

Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 AM

I've been in school for Fashion Design for about 4 years now and I can't stand half the people. For some reason most of the students expect an easy pass because of how much they are spending for the school. So they whine when they get too much homework.
What's even better is when half the people in your major switch or drop because they realize that they cannot draw/sew/ect.

But I must say, I am impartial to Art History. I took art history 1 and am on art history 2. I understand how every art major needs art history but for Fashion Design.... really? Come on.

akinmytua
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 PM

*sigh* I want to be an art major... but I was told that it was useless without another degree. I'd love to have your problems...

Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 10-26-2009, 03:31 PM

When I was in art class in high school my teacher would always make fun of me because I was the only student who watched and drew anime. Sure I tried drawing real life objects...but for some reason the still looked cartoony. lol The best artist in the class drew a class portrait of us, and I looked like a Japanese girl.

Samona
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 01:39 AM

I also hate art students but not just for the reasons you mentioned, I also hate them because they frown on anyone who can draw or paint or sculpt or do anything artistic better than them who isn't in art class(I am one of those); they also have a nasty habit of critisizing you for no reason and then leaving before you have a chance to reply..
Art students at my school are the worst kind though they have NO TALENT, I am not joking that have none and yet they have the nerve to critisize those of who can do artistic feats and aren't in thier class(I am not taking art class because of the nude art requirement, heck I may be 21 but no way am I frawing a picture of someones naked body EWWW) for various reasons..
That said you have some very valid points and I hope the very best of luck to you..
PS click on my dragon eggs..

JediGal
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM

Thank you thank you thank you for writing all those rants. Especially the ur "Q+A"..xD
I did a few art classes during high school and u have no idea how many times i would here these same stories. Apparently people have NO idea how competitive art is. I personally get offended when i'm told off with a "u go to art? that's the easiest class ever.." .....bull crap. So I'm like "well go and see yourself." and when those people do so, just to get an easy elective outta the way to graduate, they fail. Ha.

Anyway, thank you thank you thank you for writing this to hopefully give alot of non-artists some sense. >:33

Murasaki Fujiwara
Potato

Old 11-07-2009, 03:16 AM

Meh, I'm an art major, but I've never run into that kind of drama.
a little but of hierarchy, just because it is such a competitive curriculum, but for the most part, I didn't have the same experiences you have.
Yeah, I hated art history as much as the next guy, but I can understand why we have to take it.
As for taking someone else's idea, meh, it's never really taking someone else's idea, unless it's traced, because you do your own rendering of that particular subject.

I've always found art to be easy, I've never gotten below an A- on any project or paper, but it's just because it's relevant to my interests...
I've heard some people say that professors failed them because they hate them, some cases, it was pretty obvious, but that happens outside of art, too.
I almost got failed because one of my projects featured two boys kissing, and the professor felt a 'moral obligation', however, it was appealed by her peers.

I know what you're talking about, because I've heard of it, I've just never experianced it myself, save for that one thing.