Raion Ronin
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Raion Ronin

Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 PM

Everyone has something that inspires them, whether it be another artist, a friend, a pet, wildlife, ect.

What inspires you most to create your art? And in this instance the word "art" includes drawing, painting, photography, writing, acting, and anything else people consider art n___n

(sry if theres a thread like this already, I couldn't find one)
Discuss:
Inspiration
Fave things to draw?

Soda
Sodipop

Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 PM

My greatest inspireration for my art is sorrow or loneliness. As for writing its usually... Well thats pretty much anything xD

Yukiru
Send a message via AIM to Yukiru

Old 10-16-2007, 08:59 PM

mmm, i tend to want to draw after i look at some amazing DeviantArt artists 'cause i see new styles and then i compare them to my own, and it just makes me want to improve mine more. So, i doodle :]

Sometimes i'll just draw out of boredom tho...Or just have these random "artistic" feelings :0

Raion Ronin
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Raion Ronin

Old 10-16-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiru
mmm, i tend to want to draw after i look at some amazing DeviantArt artists 'cause i see new styles and then i compare them to my own, and it just makes me want to improve mine more. So, i doodle :]

Sometimes i'll just draw out of boredom tho...Or just have these random "artistic" feelings :0

haha you sound like me n___n
I left DA for a while cuz I was fed up with their policies and how fast the site was going down hill. But I completely lost all inspriation to draw and went into a huge art block and then i went back to dA and suddenly after looking at all the beautiful art I hadnt seen I was inspired to draw again xD

Jimpi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 PM

The outfits I see everyday.
My drawings are normally all about the outfit (and the hair sometimes) more than the face and body parts.
If I see a really awesome outfit at school, I jot down a clue word so I can remember to draw it.
=DD
And Lily's outfits on Hannah Monatana. Those always inspire my PUNK! outfit idears ^^

Either that, or I see a VERY cute outfit in a manga I'm reading.
That gets me very pumped up.
Then, it turns out like crap...
I throw it away and just start doodling.
The next thing I know, I doodled the perfect drawing =DD

luv 2 shop10
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-18-2007, 09:56 PM

I have tons of Nintendo magazines lyeing around and i usually draw something related to the games in it.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 10-18-2007, 11:53 PM

Nothing really. I create art if I'm feeling creative but it's very rare that anything actually inspires me. I just seem to be asked to do omething or I pluck ideas out of thin air.

Crappy Lia
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Crappy Lia Send a message via Yahoo to Crappy Lia

Old 10-19-2007, 02:03 PM

i mostly get inspired by experiences. If you dont have them you dont know what or how to draw right? ._.

Moon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-19-2007, 05:47 PM

It's usually feelings. Words, lyrics or color. Anything can inspire me once but then never again. * O*

xX Lollipop-Lovely Xx

Old 10-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Usually just being around or seeing other peoples' creations inspires me. Like visiting the local Institute or Art, or the Chicago Art Mueseum at the end of the last school year. Or just out of boredom, at school for the most part.

.LeianneLeDisko

Old 10-21-2007, 03:16 PM

Well,I usually go on
DeviantART and look through
a lot of the art,that
I like,and it inspires me
to create something.
Either similar,or way different
in every aspect.

JumpX
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2007, 05:54 PM

To name a few ...colorful, cluttered or simple, natural or urban drawings make me really want to draw. I watch a lot of awesome artists on DeviantART and everyday I get a few awesome pictures on my DeviantWatch. >u< It's really uplifting.

blind_phoenix
*^_^*

Old 10-22-2007, 06:09 AM

My biggest inspiration is music. There are so many amazing songs out there that are powerful and beautiful and they make me just want to draw my heart out! Also my friends, they're my life and bring so much into who I am.

aonith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-22-2007, 03:20 PM

I usually take insparation from my feelings, and people surrounding me.

starrybaka
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2007, 02:25 AM

My inspiration in art is based on experiences and some other arts except it's in my style. : D

Nekuyo
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Nekuyo Send a message via Yahoo to Nekuyo

Old 10-24-2007, 05:17 AM

... believe it or not really good avatars on websites like Gaia or this make me want to draw.

Not emotions, not sudden inspiration, avatars....

I wonder if that means I'm just not all that creative.

My biggest project was inspired by a friend of mine though.

Gradient Otter

Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 AM

Music usually, and the feelings that go with it.
Any sort of emotion (sadness, happiness, anger. Euphoria is pretty effective).
Last but not least, BOREDOM. There's nothing better for artist's block than boredom.

strawberry kiss
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2007, 06:01 AM

i get inspired by doodles i draw without thinking on plain paper when i am bored. i will just then look down at my paper and say "wow! this could really turn into something cool!" i love it when that happens because when i am trying very hard, it never turns out exactly the way i want it, this way, i am not expecting anything in-particular! ^.^

Fred Weasley
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2007, 01:55 PM

Usually it's a certain character of a book or a movie.
Whenever I REALLY like a chracter or two, I wanna draw them.
I've been drawing pictures of the Weasley twins from Harry Potter for at least 2-3 months now. Heh, I'm really addicted.
But they are just so much fun to draw, I can't help it. And I don't want to.

InYourMind
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2007, 06:09 PM

Books, and my emotions, inspire me. My imagination is a big one, and seeing different things everyday. Movies inspire me the most in writing. In Art its more of what I'm thinking or feeling.

Aggressive Cookie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 PM

Mostly from funny situations in my life, plus different lyrics.

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 11-05-2007, 02:21 PM

Usually, if i've been looking at other art, it makes me want to draw. Unfortunately. I'm awful at it. </3 &&I want to right now. But i've lost my eraser. ;-;

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-05-2007, 08:59 PM

I think, more than anything, books inspire me. Interestingly though, they inspire me to draw things not even really related to the books. They just make me feel artistic, I guess! 8D

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 PM

Inspiration..

Hmmm...

Lately it's be depression that's been giving me the inspiration to draw. Weird huh? oh well.

Otherwise, if I'm in an art block, listening to some music that I've either never heard, or haven't listened to for awhile almost always works to help me get inspiration.

As for what I prefer to draw, I'm a fan of original characters. Or Avatars ~ ie: Gaia, Roliana, Zantarni, Mene, Varus, etc. Original Characters usually just catch my interest and I can usually draw them better than I can fan art (although I do fanart sometimes. Not often, but I do sometimes)

And I like to draw Mature drawings. Kinky stuff mostly.

Lenichee

Old 11-07-2007, 03:22 PM

I usually get inspired by having a dream, seeing someone that looks fun to draw while I'm out of my house or music.