Aurora
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Yea..those kind of hats. They used to sell them at the mall, but not anymore. Anyway, I wanted to make a panda hat but i'm not sure what material to use. One that wouldn't mess up easily and that I could wear?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3

http://www.fruits-basket.com/extras/imgs/Momiji.jpg
http://angel-of-regrets.deviantart.c...AT-X3-52942013

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 12-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Well, that's not too hard.. First you buy some soft fabric from the store... or maybe you should make the pattern first. Maybe find someone to trace your head, and then go from there to figure out the amount of fabric you need.

Then make a pattern for the ears. They are one piece...but you cuold make them into two pieces if needed. All you have to do, is fold a piece of paper in half, draw the shape on one side near the edge, then cut it out both pieces following the pattern, and then get the frabric for that.. Not too difficult. Sew on some detail if needed..

As for the eyes, you could make them out of fabric, make a home in the hate where the eyes and etc. should be, then sew them on. You'd have to be very careful if you did that though.

You could also paint the eyes on with fabric paint. It's not difficult I think, just by looking at the shape and such of those hats. If you need to buy a pattern for a hat instead of making your own, then you should do that.. Um.. As for putting the parts together.. The ears can be sewn onto the hat when your done, or they can be sewn into the hat, if you turn it inside out make a place for it before you sew the hat(pin them down* Then sew the hat, then sew the ears in place...and yeah you'll be done.

loves master 44
De-activated

Old 12-06-2007, 07:44 PM

what is an anime fruit hat?ive never heard of it! :?: :?: :?:

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 12-06-2007, 07:47 PM

She posted pics of them in the first link. Thery're hats that have ears and eyes on them..Just overall really cute plushie like hats I think.

kegokec
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to kegokec Send a message via MSN to kegokec

Old 12-06-2007, 07:53 PM

Aurora - That Pandy hat is for sale for $20 in the Gaia store. xD That's not a Fruits Basket hat. If you have AIM, I'll give you the link.

My AIM: Kegokec

Trinitydoll
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned
Send a message via MSN to Trinitydoll

Old 12-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Lol Im a fruit baskets fan and I was like WHAT? heheh never hear they had hats? x3 Nice hats though *wants*

Aurora
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 12-06-2007, 10:28 PM

fuyumi_saito ~ Okiez, thank you! ^^

kegokec ~ Yea, I have a gaia account but I'm not allowed to buy from the stores, so I'm gonna make one instead. x3 hehe

Trinitydoll ~ Yup! x3 You can buy them on e-bay to!

loves master 44 ~ It's a fruits basket hat. Fruits Basket is an anime show and the hats are the animals from them. :D
The first link shows one. The second one is just a panda hat. xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2007, 01:50 AM

I actually have the Kyo hat. :3 It's sitting right next to me, actually, because my mom thought it was a shame I never wore it if I was going to spend the money on it. So I sat at the computer for a few hours with the Kyo hat on. My mom thought it was very funny. :V

I don't have a pattern for you, though!

kegokec
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to kegokec Send a message via MSN to kegokec

Old 12-07-2007, 08:07 PM

My suggestion is either fleece or the other velvety stuff that I don't know what it's called. :3

Good luck! I'd like to see it when you're done with it, if possible. :P