becca147598

Old 03-16-2012, 10:37 PM

So I am looking into buying a tablet,for many reasons.
1.) I just really enjoy drawing
2.) It would be nice for all of my designs
eh,I'm trailing off topic. So if you have a tablet,what brand is it? what brand do you think is the best? My price range is up to 200$ other advise would be awesome!

gothicookie
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-17-2012, 12:32 AM

if you simply enjoy drawing and is not doing it professionally i would suggest any
small, wacom bamboo or bamboo fun tablet. they are cheaper and work just as well
many skilled people use it for it has sufficient pen sensitivity. and small because it
would work just fine. a medium would too, but a very large tablet takes a large sum
of energy to navigate, and so.. yes, that is my suggestion to you. and wacom is what
i would suggest, because many randomly branded tablets do not work well, and i know
this because my friend has a very big one that was cheap but doesn't serve it's purpose well at all.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 PM

I've never used any other kind of tablets aside from Wacom; so I can't really do a proper comparison. But, from other artists I've seen and just tablet reviews in general, Wacom seems like the best.
I used a Bamboo Fun for years and it works really well still.
Click on thumbnail for full view

I've since moved on to an Intuos Tablet though.

Gives me more room to maneuver. :yes:

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 PM

I have a bamboo pin and I haven't been let down.

SonicSweeti
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to SonicSweeti

Old 03-23-2012, 01:41 PM

I have a Wacom Inutos 3 and have used it for over 4 years and has never let me down. Great tablet <3

ktbee
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-24-2012, 03:05 AM

I have a Wacom Intuos 3 as well.. It's awesome. :) It's broken now though, which makes me very sad....

But yes, I would also go with Wacom.. I've been considering the Bamboo that was mentioned earlier... Or at least a smaller Intuos.. I think I broke my tablet because it was big and did not handle my moving houses so frequently.. :(

Night Rose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 AM

Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch ^^

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 AM

Wacom Bamboo pan and touch, old and new versions I have.. I had to get the new one because my daughter pulled the back off me pen, and my pen stopped working correctly. And I ended up with this one instead of the intuos that I wanted. (brought less money to the store than I thought I had)

but I do say, they are very nice to use and very comfortable to get used to when you make yourself use it all the time.

Cobalt Poisoning
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 AM

I prefer the traditional method, but since I don't have a working scanner, I use the Bamboo Pen and Touch. Paid $80 for it at Best Buy on Black Friday a year or two ago.... Now, Amazon sells it for around $64...
The tablet works fine with me c:
Now if only I can find the pen...

Cuddlymoon
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2012, 02:56 PM

I use a Wacom Bamboo Create...which was about $200 but worth it, the drawing space is much bigger than a $70 Bamboo fun. I would recommend Wacom too. Comes with Photoshop, corel painter ect.

Pretty useful never let me down yet.

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 AM

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa::
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
I've never used any other kind of tablets aside from Wacom; so I can't really do a proper comparison. But, from other artists I've seen and just tablet reviews in general, Wacom seems like the best.
I used a Bamboo Fun for years and it works really well still.
Click on thumbnail for full view

I've since moved on to an Intuos Tablet though.

Gives me more room to maneuver. :yes:
How much do those run for?

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-10-2012, 03:21 AM

Wacom doesn't sell Bamboo Fun anymore (at least, from what I can tell from the site), but they do still sell the Bamboo line. Just updated.
Cheapest one is this:
$80

Part of the cost is that they include software. For that one they have "Autodesk SketchBook Express."

They've also moved on to Intuos5 (mine is Intuos3).
Cheapest one of that is this:
$230

The software for that one is all this. :O

Best Buy also sells the Bamboo and Intuos4 (on sale it looks like).

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 04-12-2012, 04:54 AM

I have a Wacom Graphire 2. The Bamboo series of tablets replaced the Graphire. I've had mine for almost a decade, and the only problem I had was when the pen broke after about seven years of use (and falling off my desk constantly). Considering how well it works, I've never purchased another tablet. I know one of the main reasons I chose it over the other brands (besides all of the recommendations) was because the other tablets had pens that required a battery. I'm sure they've improved since then, but Wacom hasn't given me a reason to want to change brands.

Yaks
Russia's Greatest Love Machine

Old 04-12-2012, 08:25 AM

I still only have my Wacom Bamboo!

It's a nice little tablet and I love it dearly. When I upgrade, it will be to something much bigger and probably with a screen. However, for your purpose, I just suggest a bamboo. It's a cheap, well made tablet, that's perfect for beginners who have never used a tablet before. If you really like it, but find it's holding you back, then you can purchase a bigger and more expensive one in the future.

I'm still happy with mine. <3

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 04-22-2012, 12:11 AM

I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch and I'm pretty impressed with it. It's loads better than the Graphire 4 I had for years, though it does glitch sometimes and the pressure sensitivity can be iffy, but that might be because I never remember to update the driver. :ninja:

They don't sell them anymore, so it's being hard for me to find a solid price on it, but I think I got it for something like $100, maybe $150.

AikaCoonCat
Freelance Artist

Old 04-27-2012, 02:45 AM

bamboo is very good! :D its $80 or less.
Link Here

Freiheitsflugel
The Tokio Hotel worshipper...

Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 AM

My handy dandy iPad + stylus + sketchbook pro ;)

sam-deanwinchester
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 AM

i'm using a bamboo wacom tablet. size small. This is good for beginners. The best brand is wacom. I'm certainly looking at a intudios 5 wacom size medium and large.