Krowhop

Old 03-15-2007, 04:58 AM

I've gotten into the 'Obsidian Trilogy' by Mercedes Lackey, a newer, bigger series by her, as well as the Dragon Prince series by Melony Rawn... and the stories of Tiger and...and...Raw? Rah? I don't remember, I'm not at home right now, so I can't look. but ya...good books all...and I have read-re-read lots and lots and lots, LKH, Goodkind, Pirece, Lackey, etc. Krowhop loves books!!!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-15-2007, 05:30 AM

I'm not reading anything as of right now. *nods* Oh wait nevermind, I'm "reading" Detective Conan (manga)

but book wise not much. I had to read Dream of My Father for a scholarship two weeks ago, but that's about it. Though my next book on my list will be the Harry Potter book, so that I can finally end the series.

Demoral
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Demoral Send a message via MSN to Demoral

Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 AM

Hm~

I often read multiple books at a time. But the most current one I'm reading is called Bangkok Tattoo.

Long story there. xD:
Within the week, I've finished A Dirty Job, The Stupidest Angel, and You Suck~ All by Christopher Moore. He's such an engaging writer. xD;

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 05:12 PM

Currently, I'm reading Pet Sematary one of the few "classic" Kings I've never read. I usually read a King, then a Pratchett (Night Watch is up next :D), then a book from a series (rereading Harry Potter in preperation for Deathly Hallows. Before that, Timothy Zahn's Star Wars books), then just a book that's not part of any category. I have a good 2-3 shelves of the "normal" books, so it's slow going. In between each novel, I read a couple short stories and graphic novels.

And somehow, I find time to spend with my girlfriend, watch my movies (of which I have about as many books ... somewhere around 4-500 ... I haven't counted in about 2 years, heh), and occasionally work on my writing, though that has taken a back seat to work and school as of late. Hopefully, I can start working on that again.

Ebil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-15-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm reading Stephen King - Cell My Mum went shopping today and found buy one get one free on a bunch of books, and since she only found one she liked she picked up a random one for me.
About a virus that infects people through their cell phones and turns them into zombie types who like to tear out peoples throats and all that fun stuff o.o

I didn't think I'd like it at first, as it's not written as well as some of his, it gets going far too quickly. It could have done with a longer begining. But I've already read 145 pages of it and I've only had it a couple of hours, so it's fairly readable too I guess.

It makes me glad I've never had a cell phone though. Disturbing >.<

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 06:15 PM

[quote="Ebil"]I'm reading Stephen King - Cell [quote]

Cell's decent, especially for a quick read or thrill fix. Most King fan's agreed that it was a letdown in that the scope of the story was too small for the idea ... it had the potential to be as big as The Stand, but it ended up being rather short, with only a few major event. Overall though, it's a good read. He really sells the characters, so evne if you find the ending to be a little anticlimactic, it's still worthwhile.

Lisey's Story on the other hand, I thouroughly enjoyed, even though the plot closed off a little abruptly. I'd recommend that one as one of his average to better books. But if you liked Cell and have the stamina, try The Stand. 1200 pages of post apocalyptic struggling. One of my first King books and one of the best. Honestly though, I'd try reading the original, abridged version if you can find it (hunt around used book stores). Cuts about 300 pages of stuff that, while intersting, kind of logs the momentum down.

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2007, 10:23 PM

Currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha and after Specials [ last of the Uglies/Pretties trilogy ]

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-15-2007, 10:35 PM

• Right now, "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" for English class, and unfortunately, nothing else. It's for school. I get kind of bogged down to read :'(.

eig
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to eig

Old 03-15-2007, 11:12 PM

Frankenstein in English 12 H.

i'm one of the few actually reading it in my class. many just don't read then complain when we get quizzes and they fail because the "answers weren't on sparknotes."

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-15-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eig
Frankenstein in English 12 H.

i'm one of the few actually reading it in my class. many just don't read then complain when we get quizzes and they fail because the "answers weren't on sparknotes."

• Ew, haha.
    When I don't read the books at least I don't complain about the quizzes and assignments...
    And I don't usually fail them XD.

Audley
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2007, 09:06 AM

I'm re-reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare before the general release of the novel in the next few weeks. Still the same.

Ryo
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via ICQ to Ryo Send a message via AIM to Ryo Send a message via MSN to Ryo Send a message via Yahoo to Ryo

Old 03-16-2007, 11:24 AM

I am currently reading 'The Abarat' and I highly recommend it! ...Its hard to expain the book without it sounding tacky..

Basically there is a young girl who finds herself in another world, and the world is filled with 'beings' that are not like humans, but are all very odd looking, and the whole place is odd!
She meets a bunch of great friends along the way and has an interesting adventure!

The book includes Illustrations by the writer, which are very abstract (like the characters!) but very interesting. :)

MC-Alice
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to MC-Alice

Old 03-16-2007, 01:18 PM

I currently read Alice in Wonderland. My Name is adopted my American Mcgees wonderful game of alice ^__^

Lady Kiara
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Lady Kiara Send a message via MSN to Lady Kiara Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Kiara

Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 PM

Right now I'm reading Geisha, a Life.

Its really good so far.

Wood Sorrel
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-18-2007, 01:16 AM

• passage to juneau by johnathan raban :mrgreen:

` Toxic Whispers
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-18-2007, 02:40 AM

• The Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot.

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-18-2007, 04:17 AM

October Sky by Homer Hickham Jr.

it's for science class. pretty much everyone is done with the book except me. @__@

momus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to momus

Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 PM

The Dain Curse by Dashiell Hammet. It's for my English class. I hardly do any independant reading outside of college anymore. :(

Poncho
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-18-2007, 10:30 PM

I'm reading The Three Musketeers at the moment, and just finished Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Brite. :]

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 PM

Currently I've got two books going- one for work, and one for at home. The book I'm reading at work is Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita. Best damn book I've read in a long while. The other is Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Fun stuff, but if you want a good GOOD (but kinda creepy) book, go for Lolita. Nabokov's writing style is a bit difficult to get into at first, but oh man. It's love.

blu_sour_skittle
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-19-2007, 06:23 AM

I am currently reading Eragon because I've been wanting to read it since I heard they were making a movie of it. I was just too lazy to take my library books back to the library (I have about 30 or so that were due back in Novemberish) so that I could get new books.
Well, my friend Angela had borrowed it from my friend Rachel and she -Angela- was giving it back to Rachel and I noticed and asked if I could borrow it, and viola.

. . . Next? I think I should probably get around to reading those library books. XD What do you think?

Ebil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-19-2007, 04:50 PM

I'm reading Misery by Stephen King
I read it about 10 years ago, and apart from a few bits and pieces I'd forgotten most of it. I was wondering around a huge shop yesterday and found a copy for £1.19, so I figured that since it's regular price was £7.99... it was too good a bargain to miss.
I was hoping they'd have something that interested me that I hadn't already read, but most of the stuff they had was either biographys of obscure people or celebrity cookbooks. Neither of which really appeal to me.

Moocat
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Moocat Send a message via MSN to Moocat

Old 03-19-2007, 06:35 PM

I'm reading Of Mice And Men By Steinbeck, I think.

I've only started it. I'm not supposed to read it, because we're reading it in highschool. xP But I'm just going to read it anyways, because my english teacher assigned it.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:26 PM

I just finished Jhereg so I'm now picking up The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's about a girl in Nazi Germany who starts stealing books from wherever she can - book burnings, libraries, etc. It looks like it'll be a good story!

Cerena
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:31 PM

I'm currently reading Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman. I wish he wrote more fantasy like Snow, Glass, Apples -- that was my absolute favorite of the bunch. Though I did like Bay Wolf too, if only for it being a rather ironic retelling of a classic story I've always loved. XD