Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:20 PM

Welcome to the World's Diverse Museum of History where history comes to life every night because of a curse the building was put under back in the 1860s when a witch was forced off her land by the Government to make what was once her land into a museum. So she made sure that every night, history would come to life. The museum's owner, Chase Winston, knows all about the curse, but can't seem to keep night guards to help keep the museum's exhibits in one piece.

Rules
  1. I am God here.
  2. You are allowed to play 3 characters max.
  3. Posting less than four lines is forbidden.
  4. You must follow all Menewsha's rules on here. That means respect each other and keep things PG-13 please!
  5. Please be literary and don't make me become a Grammar Nazi. Accidental typos and grammar mistakes are acceptable, but don't make it a habit,
  6. You must post at least once every other day. But you're not allowed to post one time, have another post, and then post again. Please allow two other people between your posts unless we're limited with players.
  7. Title your PM of your character's applications "History Comes to Life" to prove you have read the rules and accepted them. And if you want, you can make your application pretty, but please have at least two colors in it.

Museum Map

Nigh Guard Application Skeleton (eliminate the extra side slash on the codes needed):
Code:
[CENTER][IMG]<character picture here>[/IMG][//CENTER]
[B]Username:[//B] Your username
[B]Name:[//B] Chracter's Name
[B]Age:[//B] Character's age
[B]Personality and Interests:[//B] What's your character like and what does he/she find interesting about museums? What's their favorite part of history and what are their favorite historical person?
Museum Exhibit Application Skeleton (again, eliminate the extra slide slashes on the codes needed):
Code:
[CENTER][IMG]<character picture here>[/IMG][//CENTER]
[B]Username[//B] Your username
[B]Name:[//B] This historical person must be real or from a historical book/movie.
[B]Past Occupation/Job:[//B] Why is your character a historical person being remembered? 
[B]Era/Section:[//B] What part of the Exhibit is your character in?
[B]Personality:[//B] What's your character's personality?
Discussion Thread: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showth...post1770475875

Last edited by Junabelle; 03-31-2012 at 11:15 PM..

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 AM

Sarah sat on one of few benches in the staff changing room, staring at her opened locker. Inside was her uniform and belt of everything she would need here at the World's Diverse Museum of History--her flashlight, leather stick in case she had to really hit anything (which she never had to), and her walky-talky to keep in touch with the other night guards. Customers were still viewing exhibits and the sun hadn't even set yet. It was a sleepless night that had drove Sarah to work early. Large bags hung under her eyes, but she was somehow wide awake.

Just then, the museum owner and manager, Mr. Winston, walked in quickly, grabbing something off of the desk far off to the right. When he noticed Sarah, he froze. "Well you're here early, I dare say," he said with shock as he froze.

Sarah turned her head around and looked up at him with a blank face. Right then, Mr. Winston saw it. He sighed and relaxed his stance. "Didn't get much sleep again?" he asked in a non-professionally kind and concerned voice.

Sarah shook her head. "My neighbors were at it again," she grumbled.

Mr. Winston looked at the door and then to Sarah. "Well I wish the best of luck that work tonight will help relax you enough for sleep afterwords, but I'd better be on my way to get the customers gone. Five minutes before closing time and we're still packed. Such bad manors," Mr. Winston said as he looked at his pocket watch and then stalked off, shaking his head.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-24-2012, 04:18 AM

Arya bounced into the Staff change room, as the museum owner was leaving. "Good Night Mr. Winston." She said in a sing-song voice. Arya was in a great mood. "Hello Sarah! How was your day?" The redhead night owl was at her prime as she opened her locker and dug out her gear. Putting her messenger bag inside, she quickly dug in it to find her book on Marie Antoinette - her current historical person of study- and her mints. She had a horrible addiction to the jasmine tea flavor. Twisting open the tin open, she popped one in her mouth, and offered the tin to her colleague. "Looks like you didn't get a lot of sleep. Things okay?" she asked, her green eyes showing that she was genuinely concerned.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 AM

There was little if any light in the room. The dark curtains drawn as to keep out the light of the day, though that was now not a problem. It was much later in the evening and Hunter had spent the better half of his afternoon sleeping. he had never worked a day in his life before, not for lack of trying. He regularly got interviews, but his shyness with people tended to sabotage any efforts that he made to join the work force. Though that had recently changed.

The museum he had gone to very often had hired him, and there was no interview. Hunter had been there so often he just needed to be willing. Of course he accepted, over the phone of course. Talking in person still made him shy and incredibly awkward. He truly did prefer the museum exhibits to people. They made for excellent company with out any of the awkwardness of trying to think of something to say or anything along those lines.

Dragging himself out of his bed, he quickly pulled on his pre-picked out outfit. He had already figured he would be ready when he got there as to avoid being in the staff change room too long, avoid running into people. He would spend most of the time wandering and as always admiring the museum exhibits. Some how those things seemed so lively, they never ceased to amaze him. He got together the rest of his things and made his way for the door. He had already fixed his hair before he went to sleep, it still looked fine. Grabbing his tell tale hat, and the keys off of his dresser he made his way out the front door and to his truck.

His truck was not too old in actuality, he had borrowed it from his mom - whom had gotten it in the messy divorce. Regardless, he was able to use it to get to and from work, which was extremely helpful and freeing. Starting his truck he made his way for the museum, taking the route he had for the time in which he was able to drive himself. It was only a couple of minutes away, but he was still nervous as too what he would have to do.

Pulling into the spot furthest from the entrance, as always, he ran up to the front door and pulled them open. Greeting the woman at the information desk and going off to the change room. He knocked to see if anyone was in there, and with no reply went on in. He grabbed his things quickly and changed as fast as he could - hoping that he would avoid any other guy who was working there. Locking his things up in his locker he approached the staff door and opened it slowly, he was just on time - and the museum had just begun to close.

((I kinda assumed that there was a boy and girl change room. That kinda makes sense... I think.))

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:49 AM

Sarah looked up at Arya and smiled, accepting a mint as she plopped it into her mouth. The taste was sweet and perfect. Arya always had perfect taste in things. She shrugged and got to her feet, pulling her shirt over her head to slip on her soft blue blouse, buttoning it up to the perfect length. "Just...waiting to have enough to get a more...peaceful place to live," she murmured. She then slipped out of her sweat shorts and into her dressy gray slacks, tightening her belt to perfection. She made sure everything she needed was in placed. She turned to Arya and smiled. "Ready?" she asked.

She stepped out into the the halls of the bottom floor and looked to her right just to find Hunter just coming out of the men's staff room. "Hello, Hunter," she greeted with a small smile.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-27-2012, 01:30 AM

Arya smiled at the other girl. "I'm sure it wont take long." She said hopefully. Arya quickly changed her ankle boots for her work shoes, and straightened. She had come to work in her uniform to save time changing. Fixing her hair into a pony tail, she popped another mint in her mouth, and nodded. "Ready!" Arya slid the tin into her pocket, grabbed her book, and followed Sarah out of the room.

Flipping her book open, she continued to read, as she walked-some how pulling off this multi-task with practiced perfection. "How are you today Hunter?" she asked as they approached the other Night Guard.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 AM

Hunter blushed as the two girls came to him and asked him how he was and had been doing. He was always nervous when it came to dealing with people, and this was certainly no exception. "Oh, Im okay..." His words tumbled out of his mouth and he looked around for something to do, a way to avoid conversation. He did not intend to be rude... he was just so bad at speaking with people it made him very self conscious.

"I think Ill watch floor three today..." He pulled his right hand to his mouth, and nibbled gently on the tip of his index finger. "That is, if that's okay with you two..." He smiled shyly and blushed once again. This time he managed to avoid panicking and running away. This time as in, this time he had to talk to a person.

Though he truly hoped he could watch the third floor. The lions were on that floor and he was particularly fond of those beautiful animals. They were his absolute favourite.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 PM

Sarah took Arya's words to heart. There was no doubt that Arya was right about it being soon enough for her to have enough money to find a better apartment. She just nodded her head. She looked at Hunter and smiled. She listened to what he said and then turned her head to look at Arya. "That's fine with me. I was planning on looking over floor two today." She loved Egyptian. She was looking forward to talking with some of the exhibits she had made friends with. "Uh, Sarah, if you want, I can keep you company for a while and check over floor one for a few hours." She turned her head back to Hunter. "Maybe I can check with you after about four hours?" She wanted to make sure she'd be deserting anyone. She was always trying her best to please everybody. "How does that work, guys?"

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 AM

((EEK! really sorry for the delay. I believe I read the newest post, but didn't have time to respond, and then forgot about it next time I checked my subscriptions ^.^' Please don't hurt me))
Arya smiled. "Sure. I'll watch the main floor then. Oh, yeah that would be awesome Sarah." She didn't mind watching a floor alone, but with company was so much nicer. She would love a chance to study the Romeo and Juliet statue. Arya decided that that would be her next field of study. "This sounds great to me. Shall we go Sarah? Have fun with the African mammals Hunter."