Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 10-01-2011, 01:11 AM

. : Lock and Key : .

OOC Thread

. : What is a Lock and Key Event? : .

Simply put, a modern lock and key party is a type of singles party.

Every girl receives a necklace with a lock on it as they walk in- every guy receives a necklace with a key on it. Within the group, there is a key for every lock and vice versa. The object of the game is to find your match.

This roleplay is no modern-day lock and key event.

. : Plot : .

Once Upon a Time, there lived a king with a rather stubborn daughter. She had just breached the age of seventeen, three years later than the normal time to marry, yet she still refused to accept any of the suitors proposed by her father. The stubborn girl declared that there was 'no chance' whatsoever in her father's method of choosing. Her father, King Lelair, thought over his daughter's words carefully, and set up an intricate system of choosing her husband- one in which 'chance' was indeed a variable.

King Lelair's method was to congregate the unmarried royalty of all of the kingdoms in the realm at his summer castle, where they would partake in a game. Every princess, duchess, or etc. would receive a randomly distributed locket with their invitation, and every prince, duke, or etc. would be given a unique key. Their job was to get to know each other, and over the span of a month or so, find who's key opened who's locket. The couples that ended up as partners would be wed at the end of the month's time they were given.

However, there is a damper in the King's little game. After spending a month in his summer castle getting to know each other, what if an unmatched pair fell in love with each other? They'd exchange necklaces with another. What if another was jealous? They'd either steal or fight for the rights to a necklace. And if one person were to steal the key of another? They would marry both women. There were many problems stitched into the history of the game, and now, ten years later, the same engagement continues. Young people from all over the realm have been invited to stay in the darling king's mansion, sent by their family to find another to wed. What could possibly happen this time around?

. : Other Information : .

All characters will be staying at the castle both night and day, enough said.

There are various ways to spend one's day there, there's no need to be hunting down your partner constantly. Get to know others. Have conversation. I'll be posting a rough map and a list of amenities some time soon.

Rooms will be private suites, no shared bath chambers.

Here's the fun part. No servants will be available to do any of the chores! Yeah!
That means that the guests are entirely alone in this, as the king so wished. Guests will have to cook and clean for themselves.

A side note from myself- I won't be telling you who's lock matches who's key! If two characters attempt to see if a key fits a lock, I'll expect both of the Menewshans controlling the pair to come to a mutual decision whether or not the key fits.

. : Maps : .

Lelair's summer castle is based off of Château de Chambord.
( I'll be impressed if you know your french castles. ;D )

Castle map and world maps coming soon!~

First FloorX

Second FloorX

Empty rooms can be used to guests' convenience.

Third FloorX

Fourth FloorX

. : Rules : .

If you have any questions about these, PM me!

Follow Menewsha's rules.

Keep it PG-13.

Don't be rude or disrespectful in OOC.

You may have up to three characters.

Under no circumstances may your character have a lock that has two keys, or vice versa. That's against the plot.

Title your PM to me as "Lock" for a girl character, and/or "Key" for a guy.

If you're going to be gone for any reason, just notify me via PM.

This is a Semi-Lit RP. The means no one-liners, and an attempt to use proper spelling and grammar!

I, as thread owner, hold the right to add, subtract, or -for heaven's sake- multiply these rules if I so wish so.

. : Profile Skeletons : .

PM these to me.

My name is (full name).
I hail from (kingdom).
I am a (type of royalty).
I am (number) years old.
I am a (man or woman).
I enjoy (at least three activities) in my spare time.
I am to wed a (man/woman).
Hopefully, the person I wed will be (at least three qualities).
In the mirror, I see: (picture or detailed description)
My (Lock/Key): (picture or description)

. : Accepted Characters : .

My name is Ayame Myazaki.
I hail from Kyoku.
I am a princess.
I am 18 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy literature, music, dancing, and a bit of fencing in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be playful, caring, and a good listener.
In the mirror, I see:

I am fair-skinned with deep brown hair and grey-blue eyes.
My Lock:
Click here.

My name is Jasmin Eclair Beckwith.
I hail from Avindale.
I am a Princess.
I am 19 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy Dancing, singing, drawing, and reading with in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be Kind, gentle, Handsome, and respectful.
In the mirror, I see:
MyLock:[/QUOTE]

Samuel Lott WintersX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyRey
My name is Samuel Lott Winters.
I hail from Zhima Kruzhevo.
I am a Duke.
I am 19 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy racing, playing a musical instrument (or at least learning how to, heh), masonry, and ice fishing (although I'm not all that good at it) in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be understanding, fun-loving, kind, and knows how to cook.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key:

Romano Tiberius EdwardsX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalPyro
My name is Romano Tiberius Edwards
I hail from Delritch
I am a prince
I am 21 years old
I am a man
I enjoy literature, fencing and study of music in my spare time
I am to wed a woman
Hopefully, the person I am to wed will be caring, strong, respectful and respectable
In the mirror I see tall, strong with dark, shaggy hair and deep blue eyes. I have a scar on my left cheek from a fencing instructor.
My key is intricately carved with vines up it's entirety. It is silver and polished to a high shine. It looks like that which is used on jewelerry boxes.

Claudia Aurelia OrcadenéX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilfern
My name is Claudia Aurelia Orcadené.
I hail from Orcade.
I am a princess.
I am 19 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy riding my horse, painting, and studying dances in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be amusing, intelligent enough to talk to, and a good dancer.
In the mirror, I see:
Painting by Janaschi, not me!
My (Lock/Key):
The gem is a pearl instead of that pink stone, however.

Jaden DuboisX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia
My name is Jaden Dubois.
I hail from Zeaola.
I am a Duke.
I am 21 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy reading, hiking, and archery in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be smart, cute, and not afraid of a challenge.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key:

Maiara Anise KingsleyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose
My name is Maiara Anise Kingsley.
I hail from Iruna.
I am a princess.
I am 18.
I am a woman.
I enjoy drawing, playing clarinet, sparing (prefers using a pole arm), and reading in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be strong, intelligent and kind.
In the mirror, I see:

(Lock/Key):

Zamir Rene PhoenixX

Quote:
Originally Posted by April
My name is Zamir Rene Phoenix.
I hail from Linaeve.
I am an Emperor.
I am Twenty-Two years old.
I am a Man.
I enjoy calligraphy, flower-viewing, swordplay, archery and sorcery horse-riding in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be witty, graceful, have a great sense of humor and is someone who shares my interests, however eccentric or mundane they are. Hygiene is also a must, that much should be obvious. It surely is not a lot to ask, right?
In the mirror, I see :
My Key :

Adrian ChronosX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graxdon
My name is Adrian Chronos.
I hail from Zeaola.
I am a Prince.
I am 22 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy fencing, jousting, piano, travelling, playing pranks, and sparing in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be beautiful, adventurous, and in possession of a sense of humor.
In the mirror, I see:
My (Lock/Key):

Nerine Sage PierceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia
My name is Nerine Sage Pierce.
I hail from Jemtia.
I am a crown princess.
I am 20 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy swimming, archery, singing, and horse back riding in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be cocky, gentleman, and a good competitor.
In the mirror, I see:
My Lock:

Ameila Grace RuthenfordX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameika
My name is Ameila Grace Ruthenford.
I hail from Ruthengrad.
I am a Baroness.
I am 21 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy reading, horseback ridding, pottery in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be intellegent, open-minded, and kind.
In the mirror, I see:
My Lock:

Ace Synott KingX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKasumi
My name is Ace Synott King.
I hail from Boeme.
I am a Crown Prince.
I am 20 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy Archery, horse riding and/or writing in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be adorable, clever and strong willed..though anything else is fine..gotta be cute though :P.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key:

Nathanial Lucas KleinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose
My name is Nathanial Lucas Klein
I hail from Tasnim.
I am a Crown Prince.
I am 23 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy horseback riding, sparring, reading, and painting in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be strong willed, adventurous, cute, and have a sense of humor.
In the mirror, I see:
My (Lock/Key):

Iris Lee SaranoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDifferent
My name is (full name) Iris Lee Sarano
I hail from (kingdom) Floradia
I am a (type of royalty) Princess
I am (number) 22
I am a (man or woman) Woman
I enjoy (at least three activities) Horseback riding, playing the clarinet, violin or piano and reading
I am to wed a (man/woman) Man
Hopefully, the person I wed will be (at least three qualities) Kind, protective, has a good sense of humour and enjoys music
In the mirror, I see: (picture or detailed description)
My (Lock/Key): (picture or description)

Elise C. NopcsaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo_vamp_since_1994
My name is Elise C. Nopcsa.
I hail from Transylvania.
I am a Baroness.
I am 21 years old.
I am a women.
I enjoy reading, writing, and singing--in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be gentle, ingelligent, and caring.
In the mirror, I see:
My (Lock/Key):

Jasper EvequeX

My name is Jasper Eveque.
I hail from Mirarenn.
I am a prince.
I am 21 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy fencing, writing, and horse-back writing in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be beautiful, obedient, and able to hold her tongue.
In the mirror, I see:

My Key:
Click Here.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 08-09-2020 at 04:46 AM..

Arc Angel

Old 10-04-2011, 05:08 AM

First Post

Ayame stared absentmindedly out through the pane of glass which the dancing, golden sunlight reflected in from. Her chin held upright by the back of her hand, she observed the nearing castle thoroughly. It's taken a few hours' journey from her uncle's home in the kingdom just beyond the mountain face a few miles away- but it had taken a week or so to reach his house, and she had only stayed there the night. Still, she arrived at the king's summer castle in a decent manner, well-bathed and dressed as she would be if she were at home. The thought of home sent a slight frown to her lips, but it disappeared as she carriage that held her rolled into a completely halt.

Smiling brightly, she opened the door for herself, too eager to wait for her carriage man to do so for her, and picked up her dress' hem to hop out. Taking in a breath of fresh air, Ayame smiled brightly, looking up at the castle that towered before her. It was large in size, but its architecture was beautiful, the yellow tone of its bricks setting off a warm tone from its outer walls. As her servant unloaded, Ayame turned to take her luggage, insisting that she carry it in herself- a simple excuse for going in to explore right away.

Stepping in to the entry hall, Ayame looked around, impressed yet not entirely surprised. Setting her luggage down in the first chamber she came upon, which was located just down the hall, she set about looking around he castle and waiting to find the other guests, curious to see who was also sent for this odd game. She supposed it was a bit better than a normal arranged marriage, but the idea still made her feel unsure. Nevertheless, she brushed the thought off, soon stumbling into the kitchen. A sudden rush of hunger had the best of her, and having been warned about the lack of servants, she set to work in the kitchen herself.

TheOriginalPyro
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2011, 06:31 AM

Romano arrived in his carriage, oblivious to the fact that they were nearing the castle as he was stuck into The Illiad. He was startled and thrust back into reality as the carriage stopped inside the large, ornate gates. The door to his carriage opened and his carriage man bowed to him as he stepped out. He understood the game but was unsure of why he was invited, much less who else would be coming.

He sauntered lazily into the foyer and stooped to look around. It was beautiful. Murals, tapestries and statues lined the room. His stomach growled so he decided to locate the kitchen and get some lunch into him. He soon found the kitchen and inside stood a beautiful girl making food. Well, you obviously aren't a servant here, madam. You must be another guest. From where do you hail, praytell? Looking her up and down he noted her elegant attire and the subtle scent of expensive perfume.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 AM

"Huh, just how big is this castle?", the young man thought as he walked down the hallway on the third floor of the building. Samuel had been staying at the magnificent palace since last night. A change in his work schedule had allowed him to join this odd get-together a little earlier than what was originally intended, but he didn't mind. Although he had been there for a while, he had yet to meet any of the other guests. The Duke of Zhima had not traveled straight from his homeland but instead had arrived from a long and tedious business meeting with one of the countries nearby. That said, he had been on the road for a few days since and all he could think of once he arrived at his host's castle was getting some sleep.

Realizing that the sun was already well over the horizon was what startled him awake that morning. It was embarrassing to be up so late at someone else's home. But Samuel wouldn't have worried as much if he had known that there were not that many people in the castle to begin with. "Maybe everyone else is still asleep?", was what he tried to assure himself with. Who knows, maybe they were just elsewhere.

Something caught his eye after he turned a corner towards the stairs. Outside one of the large stain-glass windows he noticed two carriages leaving the palace steps. 'Looks like more guests have arrived.', he mused. Deciding it was best to go see who they were, Samuel headed downstairs.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Devilfern

Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 PM

Claudia was not in a very good mood.

She had arrived at the castle late last night. The journey had been awkward -- Orcade was a great distance away, and they couldn't plan exactly when they would arrive at the castle. She had barely had the energy to get herself up to her chamber and collapse into bed. Having slept deeply she felt a good deal more rested, but her annoyance still pervaded her mood. Orcade was not a very large country, and not very wealthy. Its chief exports were wine and semi-precious metals from the mines along the coast. It was a small, mountainous country in the south, and Claudia loved it. She was not at all pleased to be shipped off to this silly game in some country she'd never heard of, just so that she would marry well. She knew her parents were just trying to look out for her, and for the welfare of her kingdom, but even so...

Claudia had gone for an early morning ride to clear her head. Her trim little gray horse had of course come with her from Orcade -- she couldn't bear the thought of leaving Prance alone. Now, she was re-entering the main hall, her cheeks pink from the fresh air, pulling off her riding gloves. She was, of course, wearing one of her best riding habits. Normally she went out in whatever old clothes she felt like, but her mother had insisted that she bring only her best outfits to the event. Claudia sighed as she inspected the hem of her ruffled dress. It was colored with a fine spattering of mud. Oh well. She looked up and around at the entry hall, surprised to see that some of the other guests had arrived. She'd forgotten about them!

Claudia's eyes fell on Samuel as he descended the staircase. She watched him a bit suspiciously, but decided that there was nothing for it but to be polite. "Good morning," she said, rather stiffly.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-04-2011, 03:10 PM

Maiara yawned as she lounged lazily in the seat of her carriage. Her driver had insisted that it was her father’s wish that they arrive at their destination this morning. So after a long argument and many protests the two of them came to a compromise. In short they had ended up leaving the cozy lodge they had been staying at in the middle of the night. Soft sunlight peeked in the through the crack of the curtain, shining on her. Right now she rather be asleep in a bed then in the back of a carriage, but she had been invited to this event for some strange reason.

Unable to return to sleep she pulled back the curtain to see if they were finally nearing their destination. In the distance she could see a castle. “So that’s to be my home for the next month. It looks like it might be bigger than my family’s castle.” As she watched the passing scenery she wondered who else had been invited and hoped that she’d be able to get along with them. A silent sigh escaped from her lips as she thought more about what was to come. She was naturally shy and found it hard to start conversations with others when she doesn’t know them. The carriage became to an abrupt halt, snapping her out of her thoughts.

“Well time to go I suppose.” Taking a deep breath to help her gather her courage she opened the carriage door, not waiting for the driver to help her. She gathered the skirt of her dress and hopped down. The drive of the carriage shook his head at her, “you know I’d get in trouble if you did that and got hurt.” He scolded her, but it was more of a tease because he knew well about how independent she was. “I know Jake. I’ll try to remember next time.” She grinned and looked up at the castle that stood before her. “I’ll take care of my bags if you don’t mind. So just set them there.” She casually pointed to the foot of the stairs. Jake did as she had asked. “Be careful miss and try to have fun.” With a slight bow he took his leave.

Once inside the castle she headed started to where the bed chambers were to drop off her luggage. She sat the bags in the first empty chamber she came to. At first she was half tempted to flop down on the bed and go to sleep, but her stomach protested to that idea. “Time to eat I think.” She would worry later about putting her things away. A slight yawn escaped from her as she left to go find the kitchen.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-04-2011, 03:49 PM

Spotting another guest so soon definitely came as a surprise to Samuel, although that was the whole point of going downstairs in the first place. The lady who greeted him had fiery orange hair and delicate freckles dotted her cheeks. She looked every bit the part of a noble woman, standing proud in her elegant dress even though it was somewhat splattered with mud.

"Oh, good morning to you too, M'lady.", he replied with a smile. Far be it for him to be rude at such an occasion. "I don't suppose you own one of those carriages that had just arrived?"

At that moment, another young woman had arrived through the doors. With her luggage in tow, the brunette made her way to the bed chambers. Samuel would have offered the girl assistance with the bags but she seemed in such a hurry that she was already out of sight before he knew it. "It looks like someone's in a rush.", the silver eyed boy said with a light laugh. Then turning back to the ginger, he apologized, "I beg your pardon for not introducing myself, Madame. I am Samuel. Samuel Winters.", bowing courteously.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM

Claudia returned his smile with a small one of her own, although it didn't reach her eyes. "A pleasure to meet you..." she trailed off, uncertain of how to address him. Was everyone here royalty, or were there other degrees of nobility...? She settled on "my Lord Winters." She ducked in a hurried curtsy to match his bow, feeling a little flustered. She knew she should have read up on the other guests before leaving for the castle, but she'd kept putting it aside.

"I am Princess Claudia Orcadené," Claudia said, trying to cover up her embarrassment with stiffness. Her green-hazel eyes were curious, however, and she couldn't help taking in the young man's somber attire with some interest. Such dark hair and pale skin, he must come from somewhere up north, she thought to herself. It wasn't an altogether unattractive look, although Claudia was dead set on leaving the party sans partner. "And no, I arrived last night. I was just out for a ride." She added, tucking her riding gloves away into a pocket.

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door
Send a message via Yahoo to Hana_Ryuzkai

Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 PM

Jasmin was too excited, so much so that as soon as her carriage had stopped she was leaping from it and bouncing happily outside the doors as she waited for her mother and father to exit as well.
"Darling please calm down you don't look your age!" Her mother said as she was helped out of the carriage. Her father was to fallow and only laughed at his daughters excitement.
"Who would have thought my little girl was this happy about being wed!?" He more said than asked.
"Pa pa the men in our country were all fools and greedy old men!" Jasmin stated as she stopped bouncing about and straightened herself up. "I want some one who is my own age and can understand me rather than want my money!" She added causing her father to chuckle.
"You sure you'll be alright alone darling?" Her mother asked as she helped straighten her daughters dress and hair.
"Yes mother I'll be perfectly fine!" Jasmin replied as her father circled her and laced the lock, she had received , around her neck.
"Now pick a good one that matches you!" he said before wrapping his arms around his daughter for a tight hug.
"Yes Papa I will find my match no matter what!" Jasmin said with a smiled as she turned in her fathers grasp and hugged him tightly.
"I can't believe we have to wait an entire year!" her mother said as tears welled within her eyes.
"It will be a quick year mother!" Jasmin said with a smile showing she wasn't scared and neither should her mother.
"Yes, just please stay safe for me, I can't have my only daughter leaving this life!" Her mother stated and reached out to her daughter. Jasmin smiled and embraced her mother just as tightly as she had her father.
"All of your things arrived yesterday so they should be in your room." Jasmin's father stated as he separated the two and kissed his daughters cheek. the young woman smiled and gave her father one last hug. she did the same for her mother, and delivered a kiss to her cheek as well.
"Don't worry you two I'll be perfectly fine!" Jasmin said as she stepped away and smiled at them "What could possibly happen within a year!?"and with that Jasmin hurried inside the castle things were going well so far.

Once in the large doors Jasmin couldn't help but look around for those who were also here for the same purpose. Since her father had her things sent a day ahead she had nothing to do other than converse with people.
"I wonder where everyone is?" she questioned as she stepped further in, her steps echoing at each stride. She wandered around the place still a little unsure of where she should go, and who she should be looking for.

Arc Angel

Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 PM

Ayame went to work quickly, utilizing what limited knowledge of cooking she had. Fortunately, the castle had been prepared well for them- the kitchen was well-equipped with pots and pans of a decent variety, many different sized ladles and stakes, as well as an assortment of preserved fruits and salted meat. Withdrawing a pre-cleaned chicken from the storage, she set it in a large pot of water to boil over the small fire she was able to start. She carefully cut and integrated some vegetables in the pot before covering it, then turning to find that there not stood a handsome man in the kitchen.

Ayame was a bit startled to see him at first, jumping slightly, but not making a huge ruckus as she had expected other guests to arrive eventually. Smiling warmly, she curtsied as she introduced herself, "I am princess Ayame Myazaki of Kyoko. Flattered that you were able to differentiate, sire." Then looking up at him, she returned the question in curiosity, "And yourself?" The smell of her cooking was starting to create a subtle, pleasant aroma in the room, pleasing her senses but heightening her hunger. Traveling left her famished, she was rather eager to eat.

[ Hana_Ryuzkai: It is one month, by the way. :) ]

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-05-2011 at 04:58 AM..

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 10-05-2011, 03:03 AM

Kitty sat in her carriage waiting for them to arrive she was wearing her black and faded pick dress. Moving her black hair out of eyes she looked out the window at her soon to be home for the next month. She sighed thinking about how she knew this was just a plan to get her married. She played with the lock she was given in the invitation before putting on tying it behind neck. She fixed the bow in her hair and then went back to drawing on a sheet of paper; it was a long journey so she had to keep something to amuse her since she had decided to make the trip herself leaving her parents behind. They always seemed to want to look out for her and she understood that, but this was something she wanted to prolong for as long as she could and the silence was helping.

When Kitty felt the carriage come to a stop she looked out the window and saw the summer home closer up. She had a moments pause before her door opened and she stepped out and looked at the building. She sighed then turned around to get back in the carriage to go home again realizing that this might not be a great idea. Anderson her coach held his arm out in front of the door saying “You know what your parents said about this. You have to stay here for the full month.”

Kitty looked at him and put on and innocent look saying “But, Anderson I don’t think that it is a very good idea anymore. I mean look at this place it is far from home and what if my parents need me for something.” She was trying to convince him into letting her go home but she knew that it might not work after the lecture that he probably received from her parents about this.

Anderson shook his head saying “Your parents said that you had to stay princess which means that I can’t let you get back in.” He closed the door to the carriage and then stood in front of it while he grabbed her things from the rack up top and place them on the ground between the two of them. “Now I can help you with your things into the room you choose or I can leave now so that you can handle it by yourself.”

Kitty smiled at Anderson, he was a very nice person and always followed the rules set by her parents. She watched as he closed the door and got her things down and then smiled at him when he asked if she wanted him to help or just leave. “I would like it if you helped me with my things.” She picked up a few of her things and waited for Anderson to do the same before she began walking towards the door. Anderson had walked ahead of her and opened the door and picked up the remaining things before following her to the room she wanted to be hers.

Kitty had walked down the hall where she had seen bedrooms threw some of the doors; she had headed towards the end of the hallway trying to find the room farthest away from everyone else or the main room. Finding the room at the end of the hall and walked in setting what she had picked up down in the middle of the room and then turned to Anderson and smiled saying “Thank you for helping. I guess you can leave now.”

Anderson put the things he was carrying down beside what Kitty had put down then said “Well then this is good bye and I shall hopefully see you again after this is over.” He then turned leaving the room and the castle and started heading back to Primidion.

Kitty looked around the room and then started putting her things away so that it would feel more like home instead of just a place she was staying at for a month. She thought about what it was going to be like and how she couldn’t wait to go home after this was over. To her this was never a good idea she always believe that she would fall in love when she wanted to and not have some tell her or decide who she was to marry. After she finished putting some of her things she decided that she would rather go explore the place she would be staying for awhile. She walked out of the room she had chosen and closed the door behind her and walked down that hall to try and find out what was around this place.

Kalven sat in his carriage with his hood up over his head and reading a book about learning a new language. He didn’t really have a long ride to the summer castle that he was invited to for a month. He didn’t really have the best understanding of why his parents wanted him to go to this he normally never had time for things like this with all of his studies. He continued to read until the carriage stopped and he closed the book after marking the page and got out not waiting for any help from his coach man.

Kalven grabbed his things a nodded to the coach man as he watched as he drove off then began to make his way towards the doors taking in the details of the castle. He thought of things that might happen for the next month as he walked in and headed straight from the rooms as he had see a lady leaving what looked to be was a bedroom. He found one that was in the middle of the hallway and walked in.

Kalven set his things down on the bed and then began unpacking, putting his clothes away and then arranging all of the books that he had brought with him to keep him occupied for the duration of his stay. After he was satisfied with the way the room looked with all of his things in place he left the room and started to go find all of the others that had been sent here.

Kalven walked down the hall taking in the details again until he heard talking in the distance. Walking into the room he noticed that it was a kitchen and also noted that there was a few other people in her who all seemed to be getting something to eat or talking. He stood beside the door trying to think about what to do next he was never really good at talking with other people since he was normally never really around people. His key necklace was just sitting on top of his cloak and his hood was down now so that he could see the other people and details better.

I am always looking for more people to role-play with, just ask :D

TheOriginalPyro
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2011, 04:51 AM

Romano bowed, speaking slowly and eloquently. I am known as Romano Edwards. I hail from Delritch, to the east. What a pleasant smell. You must have learnt to cook, yes? And what a fine job you are doing. Well, don't let me interrupt you. He then set about finding some food to eat. Settling with some ingredients, he went to work. Occasionally he looked over to Ayame and smiled. So she was beautiful AND talented. Lifting his key from around his neck, he turned it over a couple of times. If only. He thought.

Arc Angel

Old 10-05-2011, 05:09 AM

Ayame smiled pleasantly as he introduced himself, the faintest of blushes rising to her cheeks at his flattery. She had learned a bit about cooking, though she knew her servants at home would be far more educated on the subject. It was her maid that had taught her what little she did know, though she had not utilized those skills often. "It's lovely to meet you, Romano," she replied with a warm smile before turning back to her cooking, not wanting it to burn. He still held her attention, however; she still gave him timely reply to his compliments. After all- glancing back at him with a shy smile, she tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear- he was rather handsome.

"I know very little compared to my tutor, I'm sure," she admitted with a soft, melodic laugh, "but thank you." To finish off the pot she had brewing, she searched through the different cupboards and drawing in the kitchen before finding a few bundles of spice, breaking off a few pieces to grind and add to her chicken and vegetables. Drawing in a deep breath, she smiled, knowing it was nearly done. Her dilemma, now, was that she'd cooked half of a chicken- more than she herself would eat. Ayame turned to look at Romano hesitantly, "Would you wish to dine together...?" she asked, a bit hopeful. Not only could she use an extra guest or two to help her finish the food she had cooked, but she also wouldn't mind some company. It wasn't a bad thought, in her opinion, to get to know the other royalty gathered here.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-05-2011 at 10:41 PM..

TheOriginalPyro
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2011, 07:08 AM

Ayame, Romano smiled I would be honored. and so he finished up the small bit of food he was cooking and joined her. So what do you make if this party? Surely there must be a reason fir it? Romano asked. I thought it was to bring the kingdoms closer. To form alliances. What do you think? He asked, taking a bite of food and gazing into Ayame's eyes.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 AM

"Orcadené? Might you be from Orcade?", Samuel asked with genuine interest. "That's the only kingdom I know of where members of the royal family have that surname."
Growing up in a political setting, Samuel had to learn a lot about the snow covered territories of Zhima and its neighboring kingdoms. Despite having four other brothers who could inherit his father's position as Duke of Zhima Kruzhevo, all of the children were expected to have adequate knowledge of worldly matters. This wasn't to say that Samuel knew everything there was about all the countries in the realm. But it did help to know at least one detail of any dominion. His job did entail visiting and meeting with other nobility for political and economic reasons after all.

By now three other guests had arrived and each had gone off to find their rooms. One of them even had an assistant carry her things for her. This reminded Samuel that there wouldn't be any servants attending to them while they stayed for the month. So it piqued his curiosity when the scent of food wafted by from the kitchens. 'Will we be doing the cooking ourselves?', he worried inwardly. 'The only recipes I know of are stews or anything you could roast over an open fire. I hope nobody minds eating charcoal, heheh...'

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 10-05-2011, 02:36 PM

((im so behind and it makes me sad! this is what i get for having a full school schedual! AHHHHGGGRRR, can i get filled in and then ill edit this post when i understand whats going on!))

Arc Angel

Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 PM

[Of course. I don't believe you're very far behind, but I'll sum everything up quickly. Ayame and Romano have made food in the kitchen, and are now in a dining area off of the kitchen to eat what they've made. Samuel and Claudia, who arrived at the castle yesterday, are currently in the midst of conversation. Kitty has just arrived, putting her belongings in her chamber before exiting, and Kalven has just entered the kitchen area where Ayame and Romano were talking and eating. Correct me if I'm wrong? ^^;;]

Ayame smiled brightly at Romano's reply, nodding before turning to take her pot off of the fire. She put out the fire, and plated the chicken surrounded by the chopped vegetables in the center of the table, the scent of rosemary again teasing her nose as she finally sat down to eat. She carved herself a small portion of the chicken before turning to look at Romano as he spoke, taking her first bite as she returned his eye contact and listened. She thought over his question, swallowing her food before speaking, "Well, yes, I do believe it was created to form alliances, but I think that the kingdoms could've worked out treaties without such a party." She took a sip of water, then looked Romano in the eyes and shrugged slightly, "I guess it depends on how each of the rulers interpret it. Some may have sent their family here to create alliances, others to scope out their competition... I'm sure there are also those that simply need to be wed." She laughed softly at this, shaking her head a little, "My father has sent me here for a mixture of the three, I suppose."

This was when she noticed a man standing off to the side of the kitchen, a warm smile coming to her face as she stood to curtsy and greet him, "Good day." Wishing to be polite and perhaps make another acquaintance, she gestured towards an empty seat at the table, "If you are hungry, sire, there's plenty of food here."

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-05-2011, 11:34 PM

Meanwhile, a fair distance down the road an ornate, and obviously royal carriage was racing down the road, the driver yelling and snapping the reigns to get as much speed out of the horses as he could, glancing over his shoulder once in a while. Just as he approached a segment of road parallel to a small hill up against the edge of the forest, a single rider on a almost silvery white horse tore through the trees and leaped off of the hill and over the carriage itself, landing in front of it and continuing it's rapid stride without missing a beat. The rider was none other than Adrian Chronos, Prince of Zeaola. As he landed he looked behind him, shooting a victorious smile at the carriage driver who was shocked by the Prince's horsemanship skills. Adrian pulled up in front of the castle's front door just ahead of the carriage, laughing his head off as he slid from the saddle. The driver, grumbling all the way, hopped down and started taking a few bags and cases down while Adrian walked up to him, saying, "So Walter, seeing as how I'm just a, what was it... 'cocky pup of a princeling' perhaps you, with your wealth of knowledge, could tell me how I managed to get here before you, despite your insistence that there wasn't a faster path here than the one you took?" The driver, Walter, let out an indignant huff, saying, "All right, you won and proved an old man wrong, happy now? You know, when you get to my age, your pride in your knowledge is one of the few things you hold on to, and you go and dash mine to pieces, I hope you're pleased with yourself Highness, you've reduced this old man to a withered husk of his former self. Hmph!" Adrian laughed as Walter went back to unloading the bags, picked a few leaves and twigs from his hair and clothes, saying, "Bah, you'll get over it old man, you're as tough as an old boot." Walter chuckled as he took down the last bag before climbing back into the driver's seat, saying, "Well, that's that. Hope you find what you were sent to find, your highness." He bowed his head and clucked at the horses who began a slow trot out. Adrian nodded, saying, "I will. You have a nice ride back, and stay safe! If our Knight Commander goes missing while ferrying me around I just know I'll be to blame!" Walter laughed as he headed off, waving good bye. Adrian took a deep breath, waiting till the man who helped raise him like an uncle was out of sight before taking a look at the pile of bags and cases he had brought with. He stared at the pile for a few seconds before saying, "...Forgot that there wouldn't be servants... which mean I'll have to haul all that up myself... meh, I'll take care of it in a bit. Oh Pomegranate," the horse he had ridden in, still breathing heavily, looked over to Adrian, his ears perking up, "C'mon boy, let's find a stable, get you some food and water." He started off, his horse following him like a trained dog as he looked for the stable. After finding it, he set Pomegranate for the night, saddle off, food, water, etc. before heading back to the front door and stared at his luggage again, trying to will it to take care of itself before sighing in frustration and grabbing a bag and case and heading inside.

TheOriginalPyro
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-06-2011, 03:23 AM

My family sent me here because I am a fair way past the time to wed. They say I need to find a bride and that this is the perfect opportunity to do so. He took a few more mouthfulls and turned to greet the man at the door. Hail, friend. Join us. We have plenty of food to spare and your company will be greatly appreciated. He turned back to Ayame. So your family would use you to spy on other kingdoms? Then that makes two of us. As an independant and distant kingdom, we have a natural curiosity and suspicion of other kingdoms. He smiled. Happy to be able to spend time with someone he could really talk to. He paused to run a hand across his face, stopping briefly on the scar that ran down his cheek before resuming eating.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-06-2011, 03:30 AM

A treacherous smile escaped Claudia's lips as Samuel mentioned her country. She nodded her head slightly, feeling a bit better about her predicament on the whole. Maybe she could enjoy herself here, meet interesting people and actually socialize for once...but she was getting ahead of herself. "Yes, I am King Leono's second daughter." Claudia said, smoothing out her skirt. She always felt self-conscious when giving her title. She didn't feel particularly special -- shouldn't a princess feel regal and elegant all the time? But she did her best to hide it in front of Samuel.

"Where do you come from, Lord Winters? If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere up north." She gave him a little smile, her eyes belying a bit of mischief. "Back at home,w we can always tell the foreigners by who has the palest skin." Claudia had been very surprised to find that ladies from other countries were ashamed of freckles and tried to hide them with makeup -- in Orcade, it was a sign of beauty and health to have a fine sprinkling on one's cheeks and nose. Her own were said to be a testament to the fine lineage she came from, back at home. But things were different abroad...it seemed like so many things were different.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 10-06-2011, 04:14 AM

Hearing voices coming up from the stairs, he woke up with a small groan. The black haired man had arrived at the place at a very early hour, so he'd been trying to get some sleep. But now, it seemed everyone else had arrived and it was time to be social. He sighed, running a hand through his bed hair and forced himself to get out of bed to get himself in a presentable state. Light blue green eyes looked back out at him through the pitch black hair as he stared at his reflection. Grabbing some clothes, he came back out of the bathroom not a few minutes later.

Once he'd given himself another once over, he went down the stairs and went to see where everyone was. The scent of food attracted him though, and he made his way to the kitchen. Maybe there was some leftovers. If not, then he'd be forced to make something. And pray it came out edible.

Arc Angel

Old 10-06-2011, 02:18 PM

Ayame would seat herself once more, resuming eating as she nodded slowly in understanding with what Romano had to say. Her kingdom was further off to the eastern reaches of the realm, so to most of the practices in other kingdoms she was perhaps a bit behind. Now, she figured, was a perfect opportunity for her to get a bit caught up and start learning about the mannerisms of the others. As she finished eating, she would wipe her mouth and turn to him with a smile, "I can understand that," she replied with a soft voice before noticing his hand move across his face, lingering upon a scar. She was half tempted to ask, but withheld the question for now as a black-haired man now entered the room. Once again smiling warmly towards him, she stood, curtsied, and gestured towards the chicken and vegetables behind her, "If you so wish, please join us, sire." Re-seating herself, she would decided upon sating her curiosity as she again turned to look at Romano, "Praytell, sir, if you do not mind. Where did you receive that scar?"

TheOriginalPyro
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-06-2011, 03:19 PM

Not expecting the question, Romano was caught off guard. I have an interest in fencing. My father had instructors come in to teach me and one of them caught me with a swipe to the face one lesson. It scarred and has stayed there ever since. He was a great instructor and I was sad to finish my lessons with him. He smiled. And so now I have a memory marring my face. Unlike you, who are as beautiful as a setting sun. He smiled. She truly was beautiful.

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 10-06-2011, 08:53 PM

OK so i know i said i would edit my last pot but that will just get overlooked so im gonna start here, thanks for letting me know whats going on! and here i go!!))

Jasmin huffed a little as she was still at a loss in what she should do. She wasnt quite use to being left to herself, usually if she enterd someone elses home she was greted by servants and led to where the master or mistress was, but since no one was going to be here to do that she had to decid for herself. She could her the sound of talking ecoing down two coridors but as she took a small step to see who it was and if she could speak with them, her nervs got the better of her and caused her to stop and wait by the door.
"Maybe I should take a walk around the grounds and then try and find people!" she said to herself as she turned back to the door she had entered through. As she opened the door she was greeted with the sight of a young man carrying numerous bags, he indeed looked like he was having trouble.
"Oh, H-hello" She called as she stepped outside leaving the door wide open as she hurried to the young man. "Can I help you with this?" She asked as she reached the young man and held out her hands for him to give her something.

Arc Angel

Old 10-07-2011, 02:10 AM

Ayame listened with interest, her eyes widening a bit as he revealed the reason behind his scar. He didn't seem to mind her question, from what she observed, so that was a relief- she was also glad that he didn't seem to mind having the memory of his tutor etched into his face. His compliment caused a pink tint to rise to her cheeks, one of her hands rising slowly to tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "I thank you, sir," she replied softly, then turning to look at him with a warm smile, "However, I do have to argue that you are still rather handsome." Tilting her head slightly she looked at the scar, "It adds character?" she suggested, almost a bit playfully, though her earlier compliment had been genuine.