Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 12-23-2011, 11:22 PM

Queen's Journey Through Menewsha

Well, Yuppers, this is my journal! I hope I'll be able to keep up...>.>

Last edited by Q U E E N; 12-24-2011 at 01:57 AM..

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 12-24-2011, 01:58 AM

Day 0:

Dear Journal,

Oh, you are quite lovely, you know. You're my new journal, and you're going to have to deal with me; The QUEEN! I'll apologize beforehand if I accidentally spill any food or drink on you, my dear~

I cast a glance at the Spirit of Calesco, the newly opened train we'll be taking a trip on. If only you had eyes to see, journal! It is quite magnificent; with a fresh coat of paint and the gold bits gleaming. I'm sorry I can't describe it with that much detail; but I have no intellect whatsoever on trains and their parts.

A mild breeze runs through my perfectly styled hair, and I reach up to catch the flyaway strands. You know, it's awful hard to write in you the things that are happening at the exact same moment. Hey, why don’t I give you a name? Ah, JL is what I’ll call you. I’m much too lazy to write out the entire word “journal.”

I watch as children frolic around, their parents chasing after them and shouting for them to come back. Oh, excuse me for a second, I need to get a tissue; this wind is making my nose incredibly uncomfortable and runny. I’ll record in you later; when we get to our next stop.

Until then,

Queen

----------

>.> I forgot to use star and describe the station...I'll make another post adding them in if that's okay....

(In between the first and second paragraphs)

The Menewsha Central Station is lovely; red tiled brick walls turn left and right. The marble floor is so clean I can see my own wonderful reflection. I see a large golden star placed on top of a towering Christmas tree in the center of the Station. I walk to it and touch it, accidentally pricking myself on the sharp needles.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 12-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Day 1:

Dear JL,

As I tie the knot of the obi on a brilliant light blue kimono I have recently bought, I hear the sound of a dog’s bark from a nearby train cabin. I look outside the transparent window at the wonderful view. As we near Garland, I take in the sight of the beautiful river valley. I walk down the train’s corridor in my exquisite kimono to the dining cabin to have brunch.

I know for sure that if I were to ever become a bride, I would most definitely have my wedding here, in this wonderful, beautiful little town. I am knocked out of my train of thought—pun intended—by an old man walking by, giving out presents to the passengers.

What a surprise! He hands me a gift wrapped carefully in slippery silver paper and a matching sparkling bow. I tear at the present with exhilaration, wondering what the present will be. It is wrapped nicely, so it must be something wonderful…right?

So wrong! It is only a pair of plain old dice. What am I going to do with a pair of dice? Play Yahtzee? Anyways, I thanked the old man and secretly gave the dice to a young girl with bright pink hair. Ah, the kids these days.

I make my way off the train and visit the grave of the two tragic lovers. There are so many tourists here; it’s impossible to even get a good view! A odd-looking man with a droopy mustache rings a bell and stands on a leather suitcase. “Solve this riddle, solve this riddle!” He clears his throat. “I am in a river, but not in a lake, I am in computer, but not in a T.V, and I am in rain, but not in snow, what am I?”

I hear many voices whispering, trying to figure out the answer. “Why, it’s the letter R!” I shout, my voice clear. My eccentric auntie used to tell riddles all the time at those stuffy family gatherings, and this riddle just so happened to be one of her favorites.

“Good job!” The man throws a poinsettia at me, and I catch it in mid-air. “Thank you!” I shout, and push myself to reach the grave. I throw the beautiful flower onto their graves to give respect and make a wish. What an eventful day this has been. I think I’ll return to my train cabin now; it’s already getting dark and almost time for supper.

See you later,

Queen

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-25-2011, 08:16 AM

Hello!

You've missed "Lose Your Way" requirement for Stop 0.

As a penalty, this is what you're required to add these requirements to your Stop 2.
Words: - Case, Basket
Tasks: - Tongue Frozen to a Streetlight

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 12-25-2011, 02:21 PM

Hm...I'm not a very careful person, am I? :sweat:

Edit: Oh, that's what that was. Whoops, I confused Day 2 with Day 1. I'll wait for Day two to come out, then.

Last edited by Q U E E N; 12-25-2011 at 05:28 PM..

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 12-25-2011, 05:17 PM

You do not add on to what you have already written, Quarter_Queen. They are additional requirements for Stop 2: Reinsend together with the original requirements needed (which have not been released yet). I'm afraid that won't count. :sweat:

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 PM

Day 2

Dear JL,

We've arrived in Reinsend! It's about 2:50 right now, and I decided to write to you while I wait for these invisible cows to cross the road. Sorry if the handwriting is messy today, some old lady with a leather case stole my fountain pen, so therefore I was forced to borrow a pencil from the lost-and-found basket. It's yellow, not so glamorous, and has bite marks around the eraser...

Finally! The cows have trotted away to eat a patch of luxuroious healthy green grass at last. Before stepping out of the Spirit of Calesco to explore the beautiful village, I am determined to bake some treats for the reindeer that live in Reinsend. After sneaking into the kitchen aboard the train and glueing the last of the colorful sprinkles onto the reindeer treats, I exit the train and see that the citizens of Reinsend are prepping up for their annual Sleigh Parade. Bonfires are being lit and dancers are practicing off to the sides. Each sleigh and carriage is exquisitely decorated and catches the eye in a different way.

A couple of reindeer owners are raking the reindeers stalls when a volcano erupts, sending the reindeer into a frenzy, and then continuing to make a stampede and run me over.[/u] Just as I stand up and dust myself up, I am elbowed by a man holding a deck of cards in his hands get tossed to the side, resulting in my tongue being stuck to a streetlight.

Ah, today has been another odd day...I take a picture of a multi-colored squirrel and wait inside a cafe for the Sleigh Parade to start up.

See you soon,

Queen

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 12-29-2011, 01:56 AM

Day 3

Dear Journal,

It sure is COLD! I've bundled up in my warmest winter gear and my teeth are still chattering. I look out the window as we travel slowly up the mountain peaks. I breathe on the window and draw a banal picture of a smiley face. We near the Icy Peaks, and I sit up straight in excitement. I had often heard of the beautiful sculptures that the villagers crafted of many different things, including the elusive Ice Queen.

I pull out some hot pink duct tape and start absentmindly
duct-taping the sleeping faces of other passengers.
You see, journal!? This is what happens to me when I am bored and have nothig to do. I am stopped by Channah, who goes on to lecture me about the corect usage of duct tape...which, according to her, was to permanently seal people in rooms.

I scoot away from a young boy eating moldy cheesecake. The smell is absolutely HORRENDOUS! I stand up and hold my nose, running off the train. "Phew." I take in a deep breath and wipe the sweat off my forehead. I heard a crunching noise when I stepped into the snow, and at first thought it was the crunch of ice. I heard a muffled voice, and looked down to see that I had stepped on a old woman's droopy, wrinkled face. "SORRY!" I give her a pack of hard candies as solartium and run off.

Hiking and trudging my way through the deep snow, I was not sure where I was actually headed to. "..." I stared wide-eyed at the creature before me. A dragon. It was magnificent, with glistening icy blue scales, and thankfully, sleeping. I held my breath and reveled in its otherworldly beauty and walked back to Icy Peak, dazed.

See you very soon,

Queen

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 12-30-2011, 12:11 PM

Hello again, Quarter_Queen!

It seems you have missed a required word for Stop 3, "haywire".
As a penalty, you are required to include these added requirements for Stop 4: Saint's Pole.

Word: - Translucent
Task: - Play an instrument

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 01-03-2012, 04:40 AM

Day 4

Dear JL,

I swear I just caught sight of an translucent bear. Or perhaps the irascible old lady holding five pure white kittens sitting next to me on the train ride to Saint's Pole was just driving me crazy with her jelly-scented hair shampoo. She reeked of it, and it stunk up the whole cabin.

Bored, I whipped out a silver flute and began to place a lachrymose melody. A young blonde boy leisurely strolled by, whistling to the tune. He was hunching over, and his mother kept on scolding him; telling him to straighten up. It seemed as though it was his incorrigible habit.

The Spirit of Calesco finally stopped at Saint's Pole, and I ran out ahead of the others, eager to create a toy of my own. However, a young prankster stuck out his polished shoe, and tripped me. I landed quite awkwardly, resulting in a twisted ankle "Aisht~...REALLY???!!" I pointed a finger at the boy in rage and stole his pink and brown top hat, placing it on my perfectly styled hair. "This is mine now!"

I grinned as I pushed fluffy white cotton stuffing into a teddy bear. "Ta-Da, finished!" I twirled around and peeked at what others were making. I was absorbed in watching an old man with stringy grey hair creating a calculator out of scratch when I heard an announcement being made through the speakers.

"Ahem. We will be raining cards down over your heads. Whoever gets the number we call out will win a prize of..." Whispering could be heard. "...Oh, right. You get a prize of 800 gold!" Suddenly, cards of different colors rained down from the sky. I scrambled to catch as many as I could without being trampled over by the large crowd of tourists.

"Have you all got your cards in your hands?" The voice chuckled. "The magical number is 348993!" The people murmured as they checked off their cards for the number. I had number 5, 239324, 2302934, 344, 348993, and 3244. Wait a second... "WOOOO! I WON!" I screamed out and did a happy dance, flailing my arms wildly. I was showered with gold coins and I beamed, screaming for joy.

I can't believe that I actually won the jackpot...for once. And for 800 gold too! I was so proud of myself. As I headed back to the train, I told my story of winning the random lottery over and over again to anybody who would listen. We've traveled so far together, JL! I can't believe that Rochelle Harbor will be our last stop...

See you soon,

Queen

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 01-03-2012, 04:59 AM

Day 5

Dear JL,

Well, we're finally here! Rochelle Harbor, our last stop before returning to Menewsha. I raise my glass of fine wine sprinkled with some fancy toppings and gulp it down, not caring that it burnt my throat a bit.

I had been diagnosed with Royalshnaffulimitis a few days ago, a disease that infects anyone who is royalty. Symptoms include: Randomly dancing, being immobile for a length of 5 hours, craving acerbic drinks, and meowing.

I heard from one of the confection master's students that to ameliorate Royalshnaffulimitis once and for all, you had to stick a bee hive to your ear for a day, and jump off a cliff onto a trampoline.

I was inundated with pitiful looks as I walked around with my new body modification: a bee hive attached to my ear. How swell. For the grand finale, I jumped off one of the many cliffs in Rochelle Harbor onto a trampoline, which sprung me back up. To my relief, it seemed that the disease had gone away.

I've really enjoyed my time with you on this trip, JL! Perhaps we'll see each other again? You were fun to write in! ^ w ^

Love,

Queen