finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:01 AM

Athena swung out catching the screen and knocking it to the ground. The guy held her against him " Not a move or I'll kill her." he said pressing a knife to her neck making her freeze. She looked helplessly at Derrick as she sagged in the guys arms wondering if this would be how she went out.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 AM

Derrick held out his hands in a non-threatening way and motioned for the man, and more importantly Athena, to calm down. "Whoa easy there. If you kill her, you will have no one between you and all these knights. And we will all take the Princess' death quite personally if you catch my drift." His heart was beating hard in his chest. This was not a good situation. If only there was a way to get behind the man. "What do you want?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:17 AM

'' I want to leave with the princess." The guy grinned tightening his grip on her making her flinch " Either I leave with her or I kill her." he chuckled " Either way is fine with me."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-03-2014, 03:33 AM

Derrick mentally groaned. The man was a lunatic. "And what do we get in return? Either way, we lose our Princess. So why should we let you walk out of here to do who knows what to her." He narrowed his eyes at the man as he mentally scrambled for some way, any way, to save her.

A knight off to one side reached over quietly and pushed a long drape into the fireplace. It caught immediately, blazing up in fire and smoke. The diversion was all Derrick needed. Ducking low and running forward, he rammed one hand into the man's neck and slid his other hand to grip the wrist with the knife. Effectively creating distance, he let the man's sagging body start to crumble towards the ground while he reached with his free hand to wrap an arm around Athena's waist. Wrenching the wrist away from her as the knife clattered to the ground, he saw other knights descending upon the unconscious man while he stepped Athena away from him.

Then he scooped her easily up in his strong arms and held her close to his chest, fear that something might yet harm her filling him. Walking to Erik, he said, "we need a safe place for Athena. She was the target tonight. The castle is compromised. Is there no other place we can hide her until things settle down?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 AM

Athena blinked surprised when Derrick picked her up. She didn't complain just buried her head in his chest shaking from the freight she had received.

" I don't think theres a place to go...There is a cottage in the woods where the royal family is to hide if the castle was ever taken.'' Erik frowned softly " We could hide her there till whatever this is blows over."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Derrick nodded, "I'm up for that. By morning the knights will have swept the castle and we can focus on getting ready for the banquet. The King will need to know so he can begin searching for the mole."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 PM

" Alright." Erik said " Follow me." he lead the way downstairs pausing to talk to the king who had his sword drawn the queen stood behind him holding onto his arm. " We will take the princess some place safe for now." the king nodded as Erik explained what had happened " I will work on finding the prince as well." Erik promised then turned to a bookcase in the library and pulled on free causing the case to slid open " Follow the path till you reach a ladder." he told Derrick " I must remain here and find the prince." he nodded to the other knight before hurrying off.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Derrick held Athena closer in the narrow passageway and walked as quickly as he dared. It was a ways before he reached the ladder. When he did, he gently asked, "Are you okay to stand?" He didn't know how her nerves were holding up and didn't want her fainting the moment she was on her feet.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:11 AM

" I'm alright to stand." Athena said swing free of his arms " You want to go first?" she asked the knight who nodded and climbed the ladder " Alright princess." Athena climbed up and let the knight lift her free of the hole " I haven't been here in forever." she sighed.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-05-2014, 10:56 PM

Following her, he carefully made his way up. Once at the top, he paused and looked around curiously. Partly because he had never been here but also because Athena obviously liked this place. "Where are we?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:30 PM

" This was our summer home when I was little." Athena passed her hand over a small chair. " We had it specially fitted so that it would hold the whole family comfortable. It is also close enough to the mountains that if there was ever a need to flee the country we could with out having to travel the open roads."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-06-2014, 04:29 AM

He nodded. This would be a good place for the rest of the night then. He really needed to report in to his employer. However, that could wait until morning. He went to the fire place and got a fire going.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:11 PM

" How do you know how to fight like that?" Athena asked finally not looking at him but studying the painting of her family when her brother was a baby.

Erik found the prince and his friends " Maybe this will knock sense in to you." he mumbled to the unconscious boy " Lets get him back." he nodded to the other knights who carried the boys back.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 AM

Derrick stiffened at the question. Then moved on towards the kitchen to prepare a light snack and wine for Athena. There was no way he was going to mention his training as an assassin. That would blow his cover as a butler. The knight also seemed very interested in his answer. No doubt, the idea that he might be a mole not far from consideration. "I grew up with older brothers who liked wrestling. The two oldest joined the army." Not lies, just not the truth in answering the question either. "I pick stuff up fast. You have to if you don't want to be a complete victim to siblings." He grinned at the memories that brought up.

Bringing the tray in and heading towards the room that looked to be Athena's, he suggested, "Come on towards bed. I can locate a book for you if you wish."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:55 AM

" I don't have any older siblings...if I did maybe they could be boys who would hold down brother more...There going to make me marry one of those boys." Athena sat on the bed " I don't want to do that." she sighed " But I do have to marry and no one else will...I'm sorry I shouldn't burden you with my worries."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-07-2014, 02:43 PM

Derrick felt sorry for her. What she said was so completely true. He had overheard Lord McCarthy, so he knew this. Still, it wasn't public or general knowledge. So he could attempt to help her feel better. Thought if it was, maybe it would give the King and Queen a chance to come up with counter strategies. He wondered why his employer hadn't told him to tell the royal family about the threat that was looming? Maybe his employer had done so already without his knowledge. Whatever the case, he could attempt to try to make her feel better.

"You don't know that for sure. The boys are here on invitation by your father for your brother. It is true the two younger of them are rather crude. But the older ones might help rein them in, including your brother. If you don't spend time with them, then there is little chance of them taking an interest in you." Okay, so that last part wasn't true. They already had taken an interest, from the moment they received a letter saying that one of them needed to seduce the princess.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:00 PM

" I hope so." Athena sighed " though avoiding them will be hard when there around my brother all the time and my brother likes to explore the castle." she glanced at him then away " I will marry one if they ask papa there is no one left." she flopped into a chair staring into space.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-07-2014, 05:46 PM

Leaving her in her room with the snacks and wine, he gently closed the door and then leaned against the wall. It was a bit of a surprise to find a pain in his chest. The very thought that there was no one else in her mind meant that not even he was up for consideration. But he wasn't nobility and to her just a servant. So why the sickening sensation? Standing, he moved on down the hall.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:18 AM

Athena fell asleep soon after she ate curled in a ball clutching a small dagger in her hand.

Erik fell into bed with a grunt " Fudge me." he sighed finally being able to sleep felt like a gift from heaven.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-08-2014, 03:02 AM

It was early morning when Derrick double-checked outside. All was quiet. Letting the knight know he was checking on things, he slipped back into the tunnel and returned to the castle. Quietly making his way to the niche in the kitchen, he heard the small port open. Confirming identities, he reported to his employer. How the Princess was in a bad mood over the four visitors. How the Princes was happy with the visitors and managed to get himself in trouble last night. Updated on how they were found. Reported Lord McCarthy's visit with the Queen and Princess and how the ladies were emotionally in turmoil. How the banquet was a really bad idea. The attack last night and the possibility of a mole. He gave a complete report, was given further instructions, and then went back to the tunnel and secret house. Once he returned, he resumed the butler role and started breakfast.

In a herbalist shop in the village, and young woman began her work on the foliage decor for the castle. Her thoughts drifting between her work, the knight she had met, and the five she had robbed the night before.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:26 AM

Athena woke with a groan her hair was a mess and so was her dress. " I look awful." she sighed pulling her hair threw a brush wincing.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-08-2014, 02:46 PM

Derrick fixed up a simple breakfast of eggs and toast. Not as grand as the royal kitchens prepared. But enough to keep one healthy and unhungry. Then he proceeded to fix the table, setting a place for Athena. The knight ate in the kitchen while he did so.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:26 AM

Athena come out where a plain shirt and skirt her hair braided. " Good morning." she greeted sitting down at the table " It looks good." she smiled at Derrikck " Thank you."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-09-2014, 01:28 PM

He bowed politely back, "My pleasure." And indeed it was. That she would appreciate a simple meal warmed his heart. He stepped back into the kitchen and discussed with the knight how to proceed. It was decided that as soon as Athena was done with breakfast, the knight would take her back while he tidied up the place. He returned to wait on her as needed.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:26 PM

Athena finished eating " So are we going back to the castle?" she looked a little worried about that. " The banquet is tonight and I will be needed to help mother."