Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2007, 03:02 AM

As sudden as it had begun, the earth's ceaseless tossing halted. It was as if Viktor's prayer to Menshi had been granted. Letting out a sigh of relief, Viktor straightened up to find himself alive, unhurt, and in one piece, although rather shaken.

On looking up, Viktor's hopeful expression fell; the cave's entrance had been blocked! Apparently the rumbling mountain brought many smaller rocks down to rest on the overhang, more importantly right in front on the cave's entrance, tapping him there.

On closer examination of the newly created 'door' Viktor found that he was able to move the smaller rocks away, however the progress was slow, and he doubted he would be free from his stony prison before the sun sat. Idly he wondered how concerned the rest of the pack would be if he didn't return, he was sure to be in big trouble. Even if rescuers went searching for him here, it would be hard to find his exact location, and the bigger rocks were too heavy for him to move away alone, perhaps with the help of another he could get free.

--------------------------

Following closely behind the rescue pact, Remy found herself having difficulty climbing the mountains. Her nervousness and concern didn't help much, as her paws trembled and her ears shook. Praying to Menshi, and asking for aid from her guardian, she stopped for a second, listening for advice from the wise one. She began to calm down, her heartbeat slowing down, returning to its norm. Suddenly her ears perked up. At first she thought it was her guardian once again trying to communicate, but she soon discovered it to be something earthly.. in fact, it sounded like tumbling rocks!

Leaving the rescue pact, Remy listened closely and made her way toward the noise, only to find a blocked cave entrance. At first instinct, she had wanted to bolt, thinking it was some monster or creature ready to pounce, but then she realized someone from the inside had gotten trapped! Viktor!? could it be? calling out softly, she said his name: "Viktor? Is it you?"
She waited breathlessly, praying with all her might that it would be his voice to respond.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2007, 03:03 AM

Viktor was getting very tired of trying to shift all the rocks; he had a long day of mountain climbing already. Suddenly, something cause him to pause, his sensitive ears picked out another sound, from outside the cave. He couldn't be sure, but it almost sounds like the patter of small paws.

The steps stopped just outside of the cave. Viktor hoped he wasn't starting to hear non-existent noises as well. Then, to his great surprise, he found his name had been called. Viktor instantly recognised the voice belonging to Remy, she was a delightful kit Viktor often enjoyed playing tag with.

"Remy!" He called out, happy and excited all at once.

"I'm so glad you are here! How did you find me? I thought I would never get out of here. Can you help me move this big rock? I think I can squeeze out afterwards."

Viktor didn't mean to bombard Remy with questions, but he was so excited he felt it’s as if all his birthdays came at once.

Remy listened intently for Viktor's voice, hoping that he had heard him. Just as she was about to give up, she heard him! Yes, definitely Viktor. She was so relieved. Just ass she was about to respond however, she heard a rustling in the bushes. It couldn't be the rescue pact. They had no reason to be sneaky like that. The only explanation she could the think of was the owner of that giant roar she had heard only a few hours early. Sneaking off quietly into hiding, she silently willed Viktor to stop talking.

Viktor was so excited that he didn't notice Remy had not replied since her initial calling. But soon it was obvious that he was having a one sided conversation. Knowing that Remy seemed to hear voices and can drift off into her own world, Viktor wondered if that's what's been happening now.

"Remy, are you event listening? I hope you are not zooming out right now'

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2007, 03:05 AM

His annoyance was short live however, for there was a short, yet fierce growl, which definitely could not have come from Remy or the howling wind. As Viktor found himself backing deeper into the cave as fear spread into his heart once more, silently hoping that Remy was alright.

From her hiding spot behind a huge rock, there was not much covering her other than a few bushes. Hoping that the monster would not suddenly turn, she crouched there uncomfortably, realizing that it had just realized Viktor was trapped in the cage.

Thinking of a plan, Remy ran off in search of something tasty with which to lure the beast.
Finding by chance, a dead serpent lying amidst the rocks, she carefully lugs it back to her hiding spot, where she pours the magic found water down its throat. Then, carefully, she tosses it out near the beast, hoping that it will switch its attention over and decide to eat the serpent instead.

Viktor nervously waited in the small cave. He didn't know what monster was on the other side, but whoever was able to roar like that and create earthquakes was not something Viktor wanted to find himself up against. As it was he could only watch helplessly as the other creature pushed against the fallen rocks, every blow freeing up more rocks in the temporary blockade. He could now make out the setting sun through the gaps in the stone.

Then, with no reason, the pounding stopped, and the creature backed off, seemingly preoccupied with something else. Viktor inched closer to the entrance, which by now has a small hole that he could just struggle through with some effort. He felt that his chance to escape was going to come soon.

Watching nervously from behind the rock, Remy saw the monster approaching the serpent, eying it warily. Finally, its hunger took over and the serpent was gobbled up in 2 seconds. Another 4 seconds and the monster started going absolutely mad. At first growling deeply, before giving off a huge roar and pawing the ground. A few minutes later, it ran off lightning speed, as if being chased by something invisible.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2007, 03:07 AM

Remy supposed that this had been the effect of the magic water fountain.
Hoping that it was gone for good, she once again approached the cave.
"Viktor! You still there? He's gone for good now, I think. We should hurry up and get you out though. The rescue pact should be coming soon; the roars of that beast would surely attract their attention."
And slowly but surely, Remy started removing rocks from the outside.

It was rather strange, Viktor thought that the monster seemed to have lost all interest in having him for dinner; in fact, he thought that last roar produced by the creature had large traces of fear in it.

There was no time to dwell on this, as Remy's voice reappeared on the other side. This time Viktor learned from his previous mistake, and rather than asking questions, he worked instead to move more of the rocks.

Just a little more... there, finally, he was free; the evening air had never smelt so good. Turning to the other kit, Viktor nodded at Remy, he was very grateful.

"Thanks a lot Remy, I definitely own you one. We should definitely leave before that monster decided to come back."

Finally, all the rocks had come free with a final effort, and Viktor emerged from the cave, looking tired but relieved.

Remy was so happy to see him, alright and unharmed.

"No problem, what're friends for?" replied Remy. "Yeah, let's get going" she readily agreed.

Halfway down the mountain, they ran into the rescue pact racing up in the opposite direction.

They too were relieved that Viktor was safe, followed by a quick realization that it had been Remy to save him.

Together, they made their way back to Menshi Temple, to see what the word of Father Kanae would be.

Viktor was not looking forward to meeting Father Kanae, he had ignored his advice and ventured into an area that he wasn't supposed to. While Kanae had always been kind, Viktor was fearful of the consequences. The euphoria from his escape had already vanished, leaving him with the feeling of dread in his stomach.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2007, 03:08 AM

He had always loved Father Kanae, what if he was now hated for his foolish act? Viktor didn't want to think on the issue anymore, the prospect was too frightening, he almost wished he was back in the cave.

Glancing at Remy, he wondered how she felt...

At first, she had been glad, happy, to be going home, back to the Temple, to join her father again, and see Father Kanae. But then she realized that she too would get in trouble, having gone off on her own to rescue Viktor even after having been strictly told not to do so.

But Viktor was safe now and that's all that mattered. Right?

Remy understood that Father Kanae was a kind and understanding leader, and she fervently hoped that both Viktor and she wouldn't be punished too harshly..

They had now arrived at the steps of the Temple. Glancing up anxiously, Remy saw Father Kanae standing at the top, above them all, his rightful place, and felt that knot in her stomach tighten.

While at any other time Viktor may have enjoyed bouncing up and down the steps to the Temple, at the moment seeing the steps stretching out above him made him rather ill.

Remy seems to be a little anxious as well, but she was faring better than himself. After all, while Remy was out of bounds too, it was only because Viktor went missing, plus her brilliant on the spot ideas have saved him. Viktor hoped Remy at least won't get into trouble, he'd feel more horrible if she did.

Father Kanae wasn't the only one on his mind, as he scanned the gathering, he recognised those from the rescue pact, a few of his fellow kits, and... his parents. Viktor lower his head to avoid looking them in the eye. No doubt he would be grounded after this as well.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 AM

Drabbles – Tokyo Babylon

Inspired by butterflies

The net was hastily made, roughly stitched around the bamboo frame, which
was bent awkwardly by miniature hands. It was hard to believe that such a
crude mechanism could ever hope to capture the creatures that fluttered
around them.

However, reality appeared differently to his beliefs. Despite their beauty
and glamour, their grace and agile movements, all it took was one clumsy
sweep, and they were caught, desperate fluttering only served to entangle
them further. Hokuto grinned with a force as powerful as the sun and raced
down the hill, searching for more pitiful critters to fill their collection
jar.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Drabbles – Tokyo Babylon

Inspired by the colour orange

It was hideous, he decided. An aggressive warring entity, it left streaks
across the retinas of anyone who cared to look its way. But nothing can
deter his energetic other half from creating the monstrosity, draping it
around her like a protest banner, and forcing it on him as well.

As usual, his complaints, which were more ritualistic than anything else,
were bypassed. This was a battle he that he could never hope to win.

Letting out a last sigh of surrender, he forced his hands to move, placing
the lovingly made bright orange top hat on to his head.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Drabbles – Tokyo Babylon

Inspired by accountants

The numbers were taunting him, plotting with the ink blots against him.
Shaking his head in an attempt to clear his headache, Seishirou looked up
from his annual paper work for the taxation office.

While he would be more than glad to hire someone else to do it, it would be
difficult to explain the extra figures, more difficult to convince that
someone else to somehow blend those figures in with the rest.

Seishirou guessed that it was just one of the downsides to having two jobs,
one of which had to remain hidden, at least for a little longer.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-24-2007, 03:46 AM

Drabbles – Tokyo Babylon

Inspired by sunlight

He disliked the sun, normally it didn’t bother him, but today its heat caressed him from the head down, making the tight leather pants he was forced into stick to his skin like superglue.

She disliked the sun, normally it wouldn’t have bothered her, but today its greedy tongue was speedily finishing her ice cream off. Drooling all along onto her designer labelled shopping bags.

He disliked the sun, normally he couldn’t care more or less about it, but today its glaring rays were shining a spotlight on to his tired eyes, making him pay for his little midnight excursion.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-15-2007, 01:12 AM

It was just one of those days where nothing was going the way it was supposed to be. Valeriya barely maintained her balance as she crashed into a startled pedestrian. Muttering a hurried apology, she brushed past her, and tried to not step on the assorted groceries the woman was previously carrying in a basket. Valeriya’s eyes never strayed from her objective, which was currently performing a crazy waltz through the streets, forcing those who were in the way to duck.

The miniature sized remote controlled gummi ship was her pride and joy. It was going to be the key to kick-start her career in Radiant Garden. Ever since Balamb was swallowed by the darkness a year ago, she had struggled to fit in with the local community, who were largely peaceful in nature, and scorned those who made a living out of havoc. Luckily for Val, her engineering knowledge has landed her job with the local toy manufacture. It was only the first step, she often told herself, of something much bigger later. While she hasn’t yet figured out precisely what and when that something will be, Val had big dreams of flying in the air and across vast universes.

However, at this moment chasing her dreams meant chasing her latest prototype through the busy streets. Who knew that a few reversed wirings would cause the toy to have a mind of its own? A loud crash ahead made her heart skip a beat. Oh no not again, sending a prayer to whoever was in the heavens, Val rounded the corner expecting to see her master piece smashed into a thousand tiny fragments.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-15-2007, 01:13 AM

The scene that greeted her took her by surprise, a young boy wearing a poncho was out cold on the floor, while a young man and a very cute girl, or was she a women? was leaning over him. Oh how wonderful, her first day flying her creation it had already knocked someone out, or worse. Swallowing her apprehension, she stepped forward with a big smile and apologised profusely.

“I’m so terribly sorry! Is your friend okay? Oh gosh, I hope he doesn’t have a concussion! Shall I call the doctor? Oh, how rude of me, I haven’t even introduced myself yet! My name is Valeriya, but you can just call me Val. Once again I’m so sorry about the terrible circumstances involving your friend. I’ll make it up to you! Just tell me what you need help with. Oh dear, I think I’m rambling, sorry about that.”

Ending her rant with a grin, she failed to notice that the miniature gummi ship was nowhere in sight.

Things have gotten stranger and stranger by the second, it reminded Valeriya of the sci-fi horror movies that she loved as a child. Gerik, who had introduced himself and Tracita seemed friendly enough, although perhaps a little on the anxious side. Val didn’t blame him, finding an unconscious person in your back alley wasn’t exactly good news. Things like that could raise all sorts of suspicions from others, she was greatly relieved to learn that she had no hand in the current state of the poncho boy. Tracita on the other hand, was calm and polite, her name seemed to ring a bell, was she the owner of the Destati accessory shop? Val vaguely recalled browsing through the said store a few months earlier. Feeling curious and rather sympathetic to her new found acquaintances, she couldn’t possibly deny their request for help.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-15-2007, 01:14 AM

“Sure!” Val replied brightly, “I hope he’s not unconscious because he’s drunk or anything, I mean, that might spread rumours that you are supplying alcohol to minors, not that I’d ever suspect you of that of course. I mean you both look like very respectable citizens, but with paranoia rising among everyone, you never know you know. Ohh yes sure! I’ll help, I’ll just grab his hands here, if someone can pick up his feet, he can’t be that heavy right, I mean he’s only young and all. We should at least drag him out of the garbage, he still looks too dazed to move by himself, and its really starting to smell here.” As if to demonstrate, Val took a deep a sniff of the air, winking her nose up in disgust.

As she had bent down and reached for the hand of the boy, a sudden series of flashes blinded her. When the white spots dancing painfully in her eyes subsided, a girl who was currently wedged behind garbage cans was seen glaring hard at them. The name Babs instantly sprang up into her mind. While usually she enjoyed reading the sensationalist and utterly biased articles by the crazy reporter turned detective, or was it detective turned reporter? Either way it was quite a different matter when you are the one who was being investigated.

Whatever crazy accusations Babs will direct at her next was cut short, as the previously unconscious body sat up, and although rather unsteadily, began to stand. Val took a step back and internally debated on whether to lend her handkerchief to him or not. She wanted to help, but wasn’t particularly happy with the idea of it being covered by garbage goo.